User Reviews for Hydrocortisone to treat Adrenocortical Insufficiency

Also known as: Cortef, Solu-Cortef, Cortenema, Alkindi Sprinkle, Cortifoam

Hydrocortisone has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Adrenocortical Insufficiency. 67% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

Hydrocortisone Rating Summary

7.7/10 average rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Adrenocortical Insufficiency.

Reviews for Hydrocortisone

Mr.Misdiagnosed · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 27, 2019

Cortef (hydrocortisone): “Started experiencing fatigue a few years ago and passed out suddenly. Rushed to hospital with normal cardiac workup and blood tests. After seeing a long list of doctors one finally came to the realization I had adrenal insufficiency. Prescribed 10mg hydrocortisone daily and feel much better.”

Anonymous September 23, 2011

Cortef (hydrocortisone): “After a long chronic stress my adrenals were "burnout" this medicine until now has worked great. The progression has been very slow but with satisfaction. The only side effect was upset stomach(have gone) and frequent urination (have been reduced).”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2013

Cortef (hydrocortisone): “Made stomach upset early on, gurgly/hunger feeling. Goes away. Severe prolonged sub-clinical hypothyroidism resulted in needing this medicine. Makes my Cytomel work. And reduced my anxiety to manageable levels. Even the little painful scab bumps I used to get on my scalp are gone.. gone! Those things were as painful as a bee sting the day after.”

Aaron December 23, 2020

“I’m on 20mg daily split into 3 doses 10mg/ 5mg/5mg Keep my blood pressure stable and blood sugar’s levels But got long term muscle weakness in my legs now So got to use crutches now With out this medication I wouldn’t be here to speak about this. So I’m really gratefull I’m still here.”

Anonymous April 12, 2009

“I was put on this for 3 months. It's been 2 years now and I can't ween off it. My immune system is in bad shape and I'm developing side effects. I wish I'd been put on something else. It was nice at first thinking it was only short term, but now its becoming a bigger problem than help.”

Pete01 October 16, 2020

“I believe Hydrocortisone is much better than Prednisone. With Hydrocortisone in pill form side effects were minimal to none. Prednisone at 1 pill daily, after three weeks came irregular weight gain, stomach, face, arm, hands & fingers very noticeable swelling. Very painful back and side pain. Salt and water retention, headaches.”

Ashley · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2021

“I have been on oral hydrocortisone for about six months now and trying to decrease the medicine to get completely off of it even though I was on a low-dose before. I have had really bad side effects the whole time taking this drug but I am also very sensitive to medication. My ACTH levels are rising so the drug did it’s job but would not take again unless necessary”