User Reviews for Prednisolone

Also known as: Prelone, PediaPred, Millipred, Millipred DP, Veripred 20, Orapred ODT

Bullous Pemphigoid

4.8

Summary of Prednisolone reviews 7.0 28 reviews

Reviews for Prednisolone

Dee Dee · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was prescribed this medication for a tooth that needed a root canal. My dentist was unable to finish my initial visit because even after 12 shots of Novocaine, I could still feel it when he hit that nerve. So he prescribed this. I took the first 6 tablets in 2 doses since I received it late in the day. Day 2 was great! I had no tooth pain, and I felt 15 years younger! No knee pain, neck pain, or back pain either. I did notice a couple of incidents of heart palpitations that evening, but I sometimes get those anyway, so I wasn't too concerned. I did notice that I was extremely thirsty while on this medication. By day three I noticed my tooth throbbing an hour or so before I was due for the next dose, but I toughed it out. Day four was the same but since the doses were further apart, it was hard to ignore the pain. By day 5 I was supplementing with Advil every 6 hours. Day 6 I had a little vertigo, but not too terrible."

Ccmcphe2 January 2, 2019

For Immunosuppression: "Autoimmune hepatitis dx'ed. This med has saved my life during flares! Moon face an all..."

Wombat · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had suspected Temporal Arteritis, had biopsy, came back negative but as a precaution was prescribed 60mgs per day for 1 month then decrease to 50mg, 40mg,30mg and so on right down to 1mg per day over 1 year. Am now on 5 weeks and decreasing myself weekly. Can I do this safely and on what regime. the side effects are horrendous and outweigh the 'cure' and it is not sure that I have the problem anyway. "

Anonymous September 25, 2017

For Dermatitis: "Had itching, redness and rashes between fingers which was named as contact dermatitis from dish wash liquids. The Dr gave me isolone for 7 days. Even within the first 2 days itching disappeared and rashes faded. Very affective."

Robertoz222222 · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2017

For Asthma, acute: "I suffered severe side effects & seemingly withdrawal symptoms after only 9 days of use for pneumonia. Main symptoms experienced: Hypertension Headache Nausea Abdominal discomfort Rapid pounding heartbeat/pulse Lethargy Mental confusion - trouble thinking, foggy brain Bad taste in mouth General feeling of unwell - felt like I was being poisoned. Day 1: 2x 25mg Day 2-5: 1x25mg Day 6-9: 1/2 25mg"

misterjohn · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "just starting"

TDEvans21 March 26, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have had a very stubborn sinus infection that just won't clear (6 months +). The doctor prescribed 7 days - 30mg of Prednisolone. The first three days I felt great. A lot of energy, clearer breathing, better sleep however after then it went downhill fast. My anxiety and panic sky rocketed after a year of being fine. I was shaking, weak legged, dizzy constantly, my heart rate was through the roof (felt like I had drunk 10 coffee's). I had worst sinus pressure and headaches as well. About day 5 it made my sinus problems worse as well, congestion, mucus production was in overdrive! Three days off them now and still haven't not calmed down. Back to the GP we go :("

Miss lush · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "They made me swell up and made my muscles weak. I also developed diabetes"

Ziggy2000 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "First time taking pred and was on 40mg for Ulcerative Colitis. Had the expected side effects: -Moonface -Weight gain -Swelling and joint pain -Bad headaches -Brain fog and confusion -Dizziness -Increased appetite -Irritability and mood swings Overall it did control my symptoms effectively for a while but I do believe the side effects from this medication are worse than the actual condition.."

Mushtie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2016

For Immunosuppression: "Having taken this medicine in combination with other anti-rejection drugs and steroids following a liver transplant I suffered from severe anger issues. These only subsided once medication was decreased."

Concerned_Father May 16, 2016

For Nephrotic Syndrome: "My daughter has minimal change disease for many years since 5 years old. She is tolerating prednisolone pretty well with minimal side effects. Yes she is smaller size than her peers but not so small as to be of concern. Her eyes are okay and she did not have cataracts after so many years on this medicine. At this time, she is still dependent on this medicine. Hopefully she grows out of the disease when she reach puberty which is the case for many children with MCD. Thanks."

JoPemphigusV · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2015

For Bullous Pemphigoid: "I was sliding downhill very fast with Pemphigoid/ Pemphigus (I have symptoms of both) before I started taking the Pred- I had them sitting in my cupboard because I was too scared to take them after hearing bad things about the side effects. I know they don't suit everyone but they have been excellent so far for me. There are side effects yes, night sweats, leg twinges, mood swings, curing migraines and curing a persistent arm pain I had for 6 months! The sores on my body are almost healed in 3 weeks after 5 months of agony and I can actually eat again. Long term they're maybe less good for you but they do work well."

Phil Novak September 13, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had post nasal drip with a cough. It helped with cough but the taste was so disgusting that I vomited!"

Catwa · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "terrible nauseous feeling. Flank pain, blurred vision and weakness."

DM08 · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "ENT prescribed me 1 x 25mg daily for 10 days to treat tinnitus, in case it was caused by a blocked Eustachian tube. I had a very bad reaction to steroid. I suffered from severe insomnia, depression and anxiety. Psychologically, it caused me a lot of pain. I started tapering off the Prednisolone after 7 days. My ENT advised to just stop and not taper which concerned me as I was told to definitely taper so I tapered on my own by going down from 25mg -> 12.5mg -> 6.25mg. I still suffered from the same psychological issues for 10 days afterwards. Eventually my GP prescribed me Valium. After taking 1 x 10mg valium, I found I returned to a normal psychological state (no anxiety, no depression and sleeping fine). Tinnitus was not helped."

helicoptor January 5, 2013

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have a long history of osteoarthritis, it frequently becomes inflamed causing a lot of pain, my Dr will only prescribe prednisone 3 times per year, apparently prednisone over time quickens and makes the arthritis worse! When I take it I could jump through hoops they are fantastic! Take 6 x 5mgs tablets per day for 5 days."

Anonymous January 29, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Broncholitis: I gave to my 8 month old prescribed by his Pediatrician for wheezing cough. It did help but he WILL NOT sleep when he takes it. So I only gave to him in the morning and for only a few days. I'd say it's worth it."

Anonymous July 25, 2011

For Dermatitis: "I have severe and I mean severe heat rash. This medicine clears it up every time within days. Would be suicidal by now otherwise. Noticed water retention/weight gain though but worth it for the few days a year I need to take it."

Domestic Goddess March 21, 2011

For Asthma, acute: "This medication is my magic bullet, my asthma has been under control for nearly five years after being introduced to prednisolone. It is fantastic. I only take it between 7-9 am as my Doctor informed me that it would affect the natural Cortisol production and possibly lead to problems sleeping. Love it."

Anonymous September 29, 2010

For Dermatitis: "Taken by my 4 year old son who has been waking up during the night every hour itching. He has been taking this for only 2 nights and he has stayed in his own bed for the first time ever."

Anonymous May 17, 2010

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took Millipred for 2 months for an inflammed liver. The pills have a nasty after taste unlike the liquid form. Caused me to wake up several times per night. Not sure if that contributed to my irritability. It also caused dizziness. You should be careful if taking it with sleep aids."

Anonymous March 6, 2010

For Asthma, acute: "Caused restlessness in my son and had trouble sleeping at night. Be very careful using it."

KKRao February 13, 2010

For Dermatitis: "Observing water retention under eyes (Puffy Eyes) after taking 5 mg/day continuously for 3 months."

William Tan September 29, 2009

For Dermatitis: "To me prednisolone is a wonderful drug. It helps me to solve several of my illnesses. First, it strangely resolves my finger dermatitis problem on my hands. Before my skin got cracked and bloody, I would feel my fingers have rashes that were swollen, painful and itchy at the same time. I took prednisolone tablets regularly for about six months, starting with 3 X 5mg daily down to 3mg daily. Then after that just take 3 to 4 mg as and when needed now. It has stopped 99% of the problem."

Anonymous July 23, 2009

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Prescribed to help with rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Takes some of the joint swelling down, but only after sleeping (i.e. not doing ANYTHING with my body). Doesn't help with pain management unless taken with an opiate analgesic. So far, only side effects experienced are moderate headache (especially if I don't eat), insomnia (only 4-5 hours sleep instead of 7-8) and excruciating shoulder pain about 5 hours after dose. Ironic, considering I'm trying to stop the joint pain. Still, much better."