User Reviews for Prednisolone to treat Inflammatory Conditions

Also known as: Millipred Orapred ODT PediaPred Millipred DP

Prednisolone Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Prednisolone

Dispair · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2020

“Started on prednisolone today I usually take the Teva brand but they have decided they are not make any it anymore so I took accords brand prednisolone and my throat has played up all day I am on antibotics as well. I have been on them on and off for ages on the website for accord it says it's discontinued 5mg prednisolone with out saying why I have last stage emphysema I don't appreciate being given discontinued drugs what's going on why has it been discontinued ???!”

Jeni May 4, 2020

“I was put on prednisolone for an inner ear problem caused by a hormonal imbalance. I'm very sensitive to medication and I knew this when taking the full dose prescribed. I took 20 mg's 3 times the first day and found that I could not sleep that night and had anxiety and a headache. I dropped down to 40 mg's at 8 am and 12 pm the next day and slept very good. No anxiety and no headache. I do take the pills with food. It has greatly decreased the inflammation I felt in the back of my head near my ear. I'm feeling better. Although, I'm on an antibiotic too. I was scared to take this after reading many poor reviews but, I'm so glad I did. I suffered for a long time before knowing it was my ear causing the problem and I'm so glad I was prescribed this medication. I'm only taking them for 5 days though.”

Some body February 18, 2020

“Have been on this drug prednisolone for 4 days to help bring down swelling around my right knee as my body has Psoriatic Arthritis I also have diabetes type 2. The dose was 25mg twice a day. Everything seemed fine, till early in the evening of Tuesday 17/2/20 thats when my blood glucose hit the roof. I was up way too high. Its a wonder I didn't go into a coma. I didn't realise the side effects were that bad, since reading some of the other comments of side effects of others who have taken this drug, I did notice I had similar. The drug may have its good points for some, for me over all, it's not worth it, I'll discontinue taking them. I am more concern about the blood glucose getting out of hand, and increase of infections, as diabetes type 2 is known to develop gangrene, when infections get worse or not treated.”

Nene · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2020

“I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis on the skin have really bad skin lumps and rashes just started taking prednisone it seems to be working. The lumps seems to be going down although my appetite has increased a lot and I have gained a few pounds while taking the medications”

sally44 September 18, 2019

“I have ankylosing spondylitis that started in my middle 20s, and have suffered chronic back pain most of my life, this disease was never pick up by doctors until I asked for blood test for this disease, which I had done in my early 50s. My spine is totally wrecked with disk's worn out, most disk's are bulged and have even slipped, been on so many pain killers but they do nothing but just take the edge of pain in mornings. I have been on this course of Prednisolone just over a year ago for about 2 weeks and it was very good for pain. Well I have just started another course as my pain is very bad, this medication is fantastic for the pain I'm in and I will keep taking them for longer than I have before. I take 5 pills ( 25 mg total ) in mornings and with no food, the only down fall I have with Prednisolones is they make me very sad, I can cry at anything? But that's all, much better to be sad than be in the pain I was going through, I'm now in my 70s”

Dee Dee · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

“I was prescribed this medication for a tooth that needed a root canal. My dentist was unable to finish my initial visit because even after 12 shots of Novocaine, I could still feel it when he hit that nerve. So he prescribed this. I took the first 6 tablets in 2 doses since I received it late in the day. Day 2 was great! I had no tooth pain, and I felt 15 years younger! No knee pain, neck pain, or back pain either. I did notice a couple of incidents of heart palpitations that evening, but I sometimes get those anyway, so I wasn't too concerned. I did notice that I was extremely thirsty while on this medication. By day three I noticed my tooth throbbing an hour or so before I was due for the next dose, but I toughed it out. Day four was the same but since the doses were further apart, it was hard to ignore the pain. By day 5 I was supplementing with Advil every 6 hours. Day 6 I had a little vertigo, but not too terrible.”

Wombat · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2018

“I had suspected Temporal Arteritis, had biopsy, came back negative but as a precaution was prescribed 60mgs per day for 1 month then decrease to 50mg, 40mg,30mg and so on right down to 1mg per day over 1 year. Am now on 5 weeks and decreasing myself weekly. Can I do this safely and on what regime. the side effects are horrendous and outweigh the 'cure' and it is not sure that I have the problem anyway. ”

misterjohn · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2017

“just starting”

TDEvans21 March 26, 2017

“I have had a very stubborn sinus infection that just won't clear (6 months +). The doctor prescribed 7 days - 30mg of Prednisolone. The first three days I felt great. A lot of energy, clearer breathing, better sleep however after then it went downhill fast. My anxiety and panic sky rocketed after a year of being fine. I was shaking, weak legged, dizzy constantly, my heart rate was through the roof (felt like I had drunk 10 coffee's). I had worst sinus pressure and headaches as well. About day 5 it made my sinus problems worse as well, congestion, mucus production was in overdrive! Three days off them now and still haven't not calmed down. Back to the GP we go :(”

Miss lush · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2016

“They made me swell up and made my muscles weak. I also developed diabetes”

Ziggy2000 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2016

“First time taking pred and was on 40mg for Ulcerative Colitis. Had the expected side effects: -Moonface -Weight gain -Swelling and joint pain -Bad headaches -Brain fog and confusion -Dizziness -Increased appetite -Irritability and mood swings Overall it did control my symptoms effectively for a while but I do believe the side effects from this medication are worse than the actual condition..”

Phil Novak September 13, 2015

“I had post nasal drip with a cough. It helped with cough but the taste was so disgusting that I vomited!”

Catwa · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2015

“terrible nauseous feeling. Flank pain, blurred vision and weakness.”

DM08 · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2015

“ENT prescribed me 1 x 25mg daily for 10 days to treat tinnitus, in case it was caused by a blocked Eustachian tube. I had a very bad reaction to steroid. I suffered from severe insomnia, depression and anxiety. Psychologically, it caused me a lot of pain. I started tapering off the Prednisolone after 7 days. My ENT advised to just stop and not taper which concerned me as I was told to definitely taper so I tapered on my own by going down from 25mg -> 12.5mg -> 6.25mg. I still suffered from the same psychological issues for 10 days afterwards. Eventually my GP prescribed me Valium. After taking 1 x 10mg valium, I found I returned to a normal psychological state (no anxiety, no depression and sleeping fine). Tinnitus was not helped.”

helicoptor January 5, 2013

“I have a long history of osteoarthritis, it frequently becomes inflamed causing a lot of pain, my Dr will only prescribe prednisone 3 times per year, apparently prednisone over time quickens and makes the arthritis worse! When I take it I could jump through hoops they are fantastic! Take 6 x 5mgs tablets per day for 5 days.”

Anonymous January 29, 2012

“Broncholitis: I gave to my 8 month old prescribed by his Pediatrician for wheezing cough. It did help but he WILL NOT sleep when he takes it. So I only gave to him in the morning and for only a few days. I'd say it's worth it.”

Anonymous May 17, 2010

“Took Millipred for 2 months for an inflammed liver. The pills have a nasty after taste unlike the liquid form. Caused me to wake up several times per night. Not sure if that contributed to my irritability. It also caused dizziness. You should be careful if taking it with sleep aids.”

Anonymous July 23, 2009

“Prescribed to help with rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Takes some of the joint swelling down, but only after sleeping (i.e. not doing ANYTHING with my body). Doesn't help with pain management unless taken with an opiate analgesic. So far, only side effects experienced are moderate headache (especially if I don't eat), insomnia (only 4-5 hours sleep instead of 7-8) and excruciating shoulder pain about 5 hours after dose. Ironic, considering I'm trying to stop the joint pain. Still, much better.”

Learn more about Inflammatory Conditions

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)