User Reviews for Medrol

Inflammatory Conditions
2.6

Summary of Medrol reviews 6.8 9 reviews

Reviews for Medrol

For Inflammatory Conditions "Before prescribing this medicine my doctor checked my heartbeat and said it was healthy and regular. She prescribed the 21 tablet, 6-day dose which I started the next day. The following morning (today) at 5:30 a.m. I woke up with a pounding, fast, irregular heartbeat. After doing some qigong and praying, an hour later my heart has calmed down but is still irregular."

Concerned (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions "DO NOT take this medicine if you are prone to depression and/or anxiety! I was given the six day 10mg dose-pack for costochondritis. Everything was fine while taking it, but a few days after it ended, I began feeling like I had the flu. Then the most awful depression set in with the worst anxiety I've ever had. Insomnia too. Five weeks after finishing, it's still with me. Having to take Xanax and Zoloft now just to survive. I pray that it will go away soon and wish I had never taken this horrible drug. I'm sure it has a place, but not for those with depression or anxiety."

CSA1861 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions "I was given this pill for an allergy and I was only able to take the first 2 pills (4mg each) because it gave me high blood pressure so the doctor told me to stop taking it. I'm just concerned if those two pills will have any lasting side effects."

amar78 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions "I’ve been on 4mg of medrol once a day for over ten years. Nothing else gives me the relief I need to get through the day...I’ve weaned off a few times only to go back. I’m aware of all side affects and interactions but nothing else works for me. The day my Dr says I need to get off is the day I look for a new Dr. I have hypothyroidism and have been infected with Epstein Barr in my teens, both of which cause me wide spread inflammation in my soft tissue and joints all over my bodily. This is my miracle medication."

Inflammatory girl (taken for 10 years or more) June 15, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions "This medication is very very dangerous. I took it for only three days before I became depressed, raging and suicidal. It is two months later and I have been in the psych ER three times, and I am still struggling and now on mood stabilizers. Before I took this medication I was fine. Please Google "prednisone psychiatric side-effects" before you take this medication. This should have a black box warning on it, but for reasons I don't understand the FDA doesn't make them put one on there. It is known to cause extreme psych side-effects in up to 5% of the people who take it. Please avoid what happened to me and read before you start taking it. There are plenty of peer-reviewed clinical articles about it."

Mel1960 (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Excellent"

yuio January 27, 2016

For Gout, Acute "Use it for knee pain with gout, arthritis,etc diagnosis with 6 to 12 months flair ups with excellent results"

Duquedalva May 10, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have rheumatoid arthritis already over 4 years from my 30 years. Medrol helps me everyday to get rid of pain, but on other side I was now diagnosed with Osteoporosis. For around 9 months I have been taking Medrol with methotrexate 15mg a week and Arava and I am able to go bicycling again. Before I couldn't."

Radek (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2012

For Asthma, acute "I appreciate this medication. It has been of great benefit to relieving my asthma distress relatively quickly. In my youth Epinephrine was the Only medication for my disease and I spent hundreds of days over the years waiting for my asthma attacks to subside. I am pleased that the extended suffering does not have to be endured now that this medication is affordable and available."

toneyjl February 21, 2011