User Reviews for Xopenex

Xopenex has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings on Drugs.com. 93% of those users who reviewed Xopenex reported a positive effect, while 7% reported a negative effect.

Asthma, Maintenance
COPD, Maintenance
Summary of Xopenex reviews 8.9 15 reviews

Reviews for Xopenex

Almo · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 12, 2020

For COPD: “Xopenex is a much better-inhaled medication as it does not cause a racing heart like albuterol.”

wezzie · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 15, 2020

For COPD: “I am highly allergic to albuterol, but, my lung doctor found Xopenex was best for me. Been on xopenex inhaler since 2012, also, the generic levobuterol for nebulizer. Both have really helped me. Won't use anything else.”

Ann B. · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 2, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I was on Xopenex for about a year and it made me crazy. I have never experienced this with any other asthma drug. By crazy, I mean more anxious and scared than I have ever felt in my life, really unbearable. It took a long time to figure out that it was the drug. It worked fine against asthmatic episodes, but I can't recommend it.”

Anonymous June 4, 2010

For COPD, Acute: “Wonderful, wonderful medicine. The only problem is Medicare will not pay the providers for this brand name drug only for generic (which this drug is not). However, because of this the pharmacy will not fill the prescription if you are under Medicare insurance as they will lose money. (It is always about the dollar and not what is best for the patient). Xopenex is a wonderful medicine and I would recommend it to anyone. ”

moke September 17, 2008

For COPD, Acute: “I have been using this for two months now and it is very helpful, a lot better than the albuterol solution I had for my nebulizer. This is wonderful. I can actually catch my breath with this and can walk a lot further using it.”

Anonymous January 26, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance: “After taking albuterol (and various brands of albuterol) for years, I got a chance to try Xopenex almost a year ago, and I love it! I used to be scared to take albuterol, because it made me so shaky, even at only half the perscribed dose. But I can take the full dosage of Xopenex prescribed without feeling shaky at all!”

vonjon August 6, 2009

For COPD, Acute: “I have found this to work better for me than other medications I've used in a nebulizer. I use it four times a day and it helps me breath better. However, I still have to use Proventil HFA between my treatments. That could be because of the severity of my COPD.”

Tornadolady September 25, 2016

For Asthma: “I love this kind of Xopenex its great works for me No any Side effect cause Tremor, shaking, nervous, heart race, etc. thats much better than altboutel.. Keep this for a great for people suffer asthma! Stars 10!”

Anonymous March 10, 2015

For Asthma, acute: “Used as alternative to albuterol inhaler due to rapid heart rate after its use. Good for use during mild to moderate acute asthma. I use for mild asthma. If Xopenex inhaler doesn't completely work, I know it's time to step up treatment with regular nebulized medication & a doctors visit.”

Anonymous November 7, 2009

For COPD, Maintenance: “32yr old female with copd and asthma. After trying several inhalers Xopenex is the best by far for me. Have experienced no side effects and it significantly opens my airways.”

charlie_s August 22, 2008

For COPD, Acute: “I used xopenex for the first time yesterday and found it to be very effective. It works fast and releaves the symptoms, I had no side effects.”

Anonymous December 9, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance: “It works so much better than albuterol. It doesn't make you choke and there is little or no heart racing after using it.”

Anonymous November 11, 2009

For Asthma, acute: “Provided as an alternative to albuterol as my sons heart beat went very high with albuterol. Very effective.”

jonolson December 25, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I took Mucinex along with Xopenex. I had a terrible feeling for about 6 hours. ”

Anonymous April 11, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I like this medicine better the others. Not too bad as far as side effects!”