User Reviews for Nucala

Asthma
7.1

Summary of Nucala reviews 7.1 10 reviews

Reviews for Nucala

For Asthma "I am an anesthesiologist who was forced onto disability due to my asthma 8 years ago .I have had asthma for nearly two decades. My symptoms were getting worse and all of the doctors I went to just doubled the dosage of my meds that weren't working. Yesterday I had my first injection of Nucala and I woke up today a new man. NO WHEEZING, NO COUGH, NO RUNNING NOSE, NO CHOKING WHEN I EAT, NO SHORTNESS OF BREATHE, I am a lucky guy......"

bamboo (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Asthma "I have found it great for breathing but I developed huge blisters on my feet and now I have an ear problem for over 4 weeks. No one can help me as we don't know if it is due to this drug, which I believe it is as nothing has cured it."

sue (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2018

For Asthma "I have been on this drug for 8 years. ( It was a clinical trial when I began) I was diagnosed with HES (hypereosinophilia) and it was attacking my lungs the most. Chronic pneumonia/lung infections and asthma. Despite a healthy lifestyle I could no longer walk a flight of stairs or even half a block without being winded and dizzy. Steroid use exacerbated the infections. My dr suggested the mepolizumab clinical trial. The dose was much higher via IV when I started and results were apparent within a week. Main side effect was nausea which has subsided with the lower dose. I now get monthly injections and am perfectly healthy. I work out daily and am very fit. I still have some mild asthma symptoms but rare and easily controlled without prednisone. Haven’t noticed any long term use side effects. I believe this drug saved my life. Downside is cost... Hopefully you have a great drug plan to cover it. But I would definitely recommend trying it!"

TerraCh February 15, 2018

For Asthma "I have been a severe asthmatic for about 45 years. I have been on a steady dose of prednisone and put on tons of weight. I worked for a while then when reducing the dosage I was again in trouble. My specialist finally said lets try Nucala, what a game changer. The second day I felt like a new person, I could go up and down stairs without being winded. I could actually go out and enjoy myself. Our recent weather with sub zero temps what a real test as I usually wheeze terribly. No wheezing. The company that makes the medication is a life saver. Thank You so much for giving me my life back."

500Speedway (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For Asthma "I have severe asthma. Prednisone made me feel better for a little while. I had a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) immediately after receiving Nucala in an infusion center in a hospital. I was transferred to the ER. I was treated and released on high doses of prednisone and benadryl. I had anaphylaxis again (4 days later). An ambulance took me to ER again. I was treated and given an epi pen. I continued to have an allergic reaction for weeks (high doses of prednisone and benadryl.). I wish that I hadn't been allergic to this medication."

severe asthma (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2017

For Asthma "Diagnosed borderline asthma when I was 21. Over the years it has steadily worsened. 8 years ago, I became steroid dependant. Other than that nothing worked. I was on literally everything I could be on and it just wasn't enough. I was afraid my pulmonologist would give me up for a lost cause. Started Nucala in January 2017. It wasn't instant, and I actually missed 2 doses, April and May. When I restarted in June, it was like something clicked. I can now participate in activities with family and friends. Almost off the steroids completely. Could not be happier with these results!"

JODYb686 August 31, 2017

For Asthma "I've had asthma since I was 18. Over the last 36 years, it has gotten progressively worse. My lungs were always congested and breathing was always labored. Prednisone used to work for a few months and clear up those symptoms but not anymore. Already in my 50s and my breathing getting steadily worse, I did some research to find the best respiratory hospital in the USA. In July 2015 which I went to and I was diagnosed with eociniphilic asthma but Nucala wasn't yet approved. I started Nucala in April 2017. By the fourth shot, I'm a new person. I can breathe without lung congestion and haven't used my rescue inhaler at all in five weeks. It's a miracle drug! Thank you GlaxoSmthKline!!"

Lseidman62 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2017

For Asthma "I suffered from severe asthma for the past 4 years. I was hospitalized several times, despite using 4 different asthma medications. Nothing seemed to control my symptoms for very long, except high doses of prednisone. After a blood test, and some pre-approval from my insurance company, my doctor finally got me approved for Nucala. Nucala has been a life changer. I can finally breathe much easier, I'm able to exercise, enjoy the outdoors & I rarely have asthma attacks now."

Bcbssm11 May 21, 2017

For Asthma "I've always had bad asthma as a kid. I was constantly had to be put on steroids. My Dr did an IgE test and mine were over 1,500 (less than 100 is normal) I was put on Nucala for 5 months. At the time of the first injection my lung function was at 86% at the time of the fifth injection I was at around 35%. While on this drug I felt so sick! Back pain, head ache, nausea, fatigue. I felt like I had the flu everyday! We decided to stop the drug. (I am still looking for a new treatment option)"

Lexi_00 March 27, 2017

For Asthma "My doctor told me that it might take time to work, yet, my asthma symptoms disappeared the first day! I have suffered with asthma for thirteen years. After a few years with an inhaled cortical steroid, I developed Cushings' syndrome, so I could no longer take them. My doctors have tried to control my asthma with a combination of medications not containing steroids, including some COPD meds. Over the years, my symptoms became more severe and more frequent. For the past several years, I was bedridden about half the time. I had asthma attacks even with no common triggers. I used a nebulizer and albuterol six times a day. Since starting Nucala two months ago, I am symptom free and up from bed, living my glorious life!"

Happy and Healthy (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017