User Reviews for Flonase

6.2

Summary of Flonase reviews 6.4 90 reviews

Reviews for Flonase

Jet2017 · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "Flonase helped with the congestion and post nasal drip but made my nostrils sore and red"

Cookie · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 24, 2019

For Rhinitis "Works over extended period of time with regular usage, but is incredibly over priced. Total rip off. $20.00 for a non over the counter med"

Stopped up · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

For Rhinitis "Flonase will not dispense. You have to VERY vigorusly shake the container. The one in 20 times it will dispense does offer some relief. It is very difficult to use flonase."

Ella · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "I started back on Flonase after getting off it years ago. What I don’t like is the smell in my nose after using it. I stopped taking it and the smell went away."

Okay45 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2019

For Rhinitis "Took a week to fully unplug my nose. After a month of use with 1x a day of one spray per nostril, I lost my sense of smell. I am now on day 3 of not taking it, feel pretty tired, not feeling well. Hoping those feelings will pass and I get my sense of smell back. Currently my nose is still unplugged. If it weren’t for the smell thing, I’d give this a perfect 10 for clearing a stuffed up nose."

steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2019

For Rhinitis "Expensive. This is my second try for my blocked ears and nose . The Sensimist bottle never quite empties and the spray hose does not reach to the bottom. Thus, you are unable to use the costly liquid spray that you paid for."

Angel · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2018

For Rhinitis "Flonase is absolute trash and did nothing to unstop my nose. I had to go back to the store and buy the generic Kroger brand and that was the only thing that gave me some relief. Flonase did not decongest either side of my nostril at any time and it was a horrible waste of money"

RinaRivers · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2018

For Rhinitis "Flonase is NOT for treating allergies, it's for treating the inflammation in your nose caused by allergies, so I'm confused as to why people think it'll get rid of itchy/watery eyes and other symptoms. Confusing advertisement I guess. For nasal treatment it works just fine. As a nasal corticosteroid it can be used to treat nasal polyps over a period of time- which often happens with chronic infections/bad allergies. For that function it works well. I haven't had an issue with it. I'm usually able to breathe through my nose again within 15-20 minutes after application. Guess we'll see how it works over the long run."

luckylady · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2018

For Rhinitis "I used Flonase for several months. It seemed to be working well. Then I started to get nosebleeds. Then I was told by medical personnel that the flonase can thin the mucous membranes inside the nose. So, I'll never use this again."

Guest · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Do NOT buy this!!!!! Like other nose sprays, this does NOTHING to help your allergies. Unlike pills that actually work and cure all your allergy symptoms. Flonase does NOTHING but burn your nose and leave you with a very harsh aftertaste. Their ads are very misleading, and Flonase needs to be taken off the market for good. "

Pat June 21, 2018

For Rhinitis "Literally from using 200 tissues a day to 0 tissues a day within 24 hours. Best allergy med I’d ever used."

CHILLYJILLY · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "This nasal spray has changed my life. I got immediate relief----immediate and was able to breathe at night and therefore sleep. Allergy symptoms of stuffy nose , sneezing and itchy eyes are gone."

Pete · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2018

For Rhinitis "Within 2 hours of my 2nd dose of Flonase, I experienced difficulty breathing, and had crusting around the openings of my nose. I also had a feeling of extreme restlessness, much like I would imagine restless leg persons are afflicted with. The next morning I was SOB with minimal exertion, and experienced a worsening sore throat and pharyngitis, with difficulty speaking above a whisper."

JoBear · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

For Rhinitis "Flonase has changed my life!! Before using this I was blowing my nose at least 20 times a day and sneezing about a dozen times. I would wake up in the morning and my nose would be so plugged I would stand in the bathroom and blow my nose for five straight minutes to get relief. After only 2 weeks on this I now maybe blow my nose twice and day and have maybe sneezed twice total. The only thing it hasn't helped with much are dry eyes. I would highly recommend at least trying this to see if it works it has been wonderful for me!"

Happy Cruiser · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Flonase has changed my life. I developed a sinus infection a week before my cruise to the Bahamas and knew I couldn’t go like that. My sinus infections typically lasts 5-7 days. I would take Benadryl, Zyrtec, Sinex, Mucinex, & use Vick’s Vapor rub. I also used the Vick’s Vapor Rub steam inhaler. It would only give me temporary relief! I would never try nasal sprays. I didn’t want to put anything in my nose. I finally tried Flonase & Hallelujah!!!! It wasn’t immediate, but it worked. I tried it at 11:30 p.m. and at 6 a.m. I all of a sudden starting breathing normal and have not had any issues or side effects! It was such a major break through for me! It is definitely going with me on my cruise!"

Lina March 10, 2018

"Yes I use flonase for only three days due to a cold I have and allergies . The worse ever it caused my nose to burn my nose and lips. It left me a heavy scab which I can't get rid of. It makes you dizzy. It is nasty I recommend do not use. Instead go buy generic claraton be safe side . Don't beleive everything doctors say or want to sell u."

doc says some kind of allergy · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "This Flonase has after taste which is not a problem. . It work ok for about an hour+ and its effect wears off. It suggested dose is two sprays per day , The post nasal drip irritation returns that starts the unending coughing , irritating , yes very much. I can't increase the dose so am going back to Doc again for another consultation"

Nickname????? · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 15, 2017

For Rhinitis "I used to use tons of OTC nasal sprays to then point of addiction really. I had to stop, but both nostrils would clog completely shut without it, I have also severe nasal allergic reaction and swollen air passages/asthma. My Dr gives me Flonase by Rx. Within a couple weeks my nose cleared, both nostrils stopped swelling, no more nasal allergy and this has been a miracle med for me! I never needed Afrin or anything again. My sense of smell is still low, but I can smell now!"

Details details September 16, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Just started two days ago for relief of seasonal and environmental allergies. I have terrible itch eyes, runny nose and sneezing fits. I do feel less drip, no sneezing and less congestion. I'm going to finish this bottle ($32 Canadian) and determine if I continue with it. But so far so good."

cvdixon29 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Great nasal spray, It does take time for it to start working, so do not expect instant results, but once it starts to work, it's a great nasal spray. My sinus allergies are so much better, I do have a nasal bleed from time to time, but my doctor said to use some saline spray or vaseline on a swab and put inside my nose. I will continue to use Flonase as long as my Dr. Feels it's necessary. I would highly recommend it! But do remember, it takes time to start working, it has to build up."

MiamiLady17 · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Out of desperation, I bought this over the counter. My allergies have suddenly worsened. I could not sleep, as I was completely clogged up and my nose was extremely dry. I felt instant relief from the very first spray. I sleep better, and so far the only side effect I have encountered is a slight cough. This is, really, nothing compared to the loss of sleep, horrible nasal dryness, etc., with which I was dealing. Not everything will work for everyone, but this worked for me. I am thrilled!"

Audiowombat June 17, 2017

For Rhinitis "Works well for me with regular use."

Clickclacker June 5, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "This product caused sinus infections. It never brought any relief for me. Nasonex works for me. It stops my nose from running uncontrollably while outside."

Bjbarn · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 5, 2017

For Rhinitis "Flonase is the only medication that effectively treats my allergies the best I have tried other medications and when my allergies are at their Peak at their worst I get terribly sick with a sinus infection upper respiratory bronchitis I get a lot of problems but with Flonase it clears all that right up and keeps me from getting sick"

Sarafare April 5, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I took it for a little over a week. I thought it may need a week for it to set in. It didn't stop my allergies at all, in fact, it worsened shortly after use. I had light nausea and heavy migraines shortly after taking it every day. I stopped taking it cause it was ineffective and due to the side effects. I've had allergies for almost a year. I'm going to try something else (Alavert). Claritin, Allegra, Flonase, Equate, Zyrtec, Benadryl, and Nasonex have all failed me so far."

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)