User Reviews for Flonase

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Flonase.

Rhinitis
7.3

Allergic Rhinitis
6.2

Summary of Flonase reviews 6.7 74 reviews

Reviews for Flonase

For Rhinitis "I used to use tons of OTC nasal sprays to then point of addiction really. I had to stop, but both nostrils would clog completely shut without it, I have also severe nasal allergic reaction and swollen air passages/asthma. My Dr gives me Flonase by Rx. Within a couple weeks my nose cleared, both nostrils stopped swelling, no more nasal allergy and this has been a miracle med for me! I never needed Afrin or anything again. My sense of smell is still low, but I can smell now!"

Nickname????? (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "Just started two days ago for relief of seasonal and environmental allergies. I have terrible itch eyes, runny nose and sneezing fits. I do feel less drip, no sneezing and less congestion. I'm going to finish this bottle ($32 Canadian) and determine if I continue with it. But so far so good."

Details details September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "Great nasal spray, It does take time for it to start working, so do not expect instant results, but once it starts to work, it's a great nasal spray. My sinus allergies are so much better, I do have a nasal bleed from time to time, but my doctor said to use some saline spray or vaseline on a swab and put inside my nose. I will continue to use Flonase as long as my Dr. Feels it's necessary. I would highly recommend it! But do remember, it takes time to start working, it has to build up."

cvdixon29 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "Out of desperation, I bought this over the counter. My allergies have suddenly worsened. I could not sleep, as I was completely clogged up and my nose was extremely dry. I felt instant relief from the very first spray. I sleep better, and so far the only side effect I have encountered is a slight cough. This is, really, nothing compared to the loss of sleep, horrible nasal dryness, etc., with which I was dealing. Not everything will work for everyone, but this worked for me. I am thrilled!"

MiamiLady17 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rhinitis "Works well for me with regular use."

Audiowombat June 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "This product caused sinus infections. It never brought any relief for me. Nasonex works for me. It stops my nose from running uncontrollably while outside."

Clickclacker June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rhinitis "Flonase is the only medication that effectively treats my allergies the best I have tried other medications and when my allergies are at their Peak at their worst I get terribly sick with a sinus infection upper respiratory bronchitis I get a lot of problems but with Flonase it clears all that right up and keeps me from getting sick"

Bjbarn (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I took it for a little over a week. I thought it may need a week for it to set in. It didn't stop my allergies at all, in fact, it worsened shortly after use. I had light nausea and heavy migraines shortly after taking it every day. I stopped taking it cause it was ineffective and due to the side effects. I've had allergies for almost a year. I'm going to try something else (Alavert). Claritin, Allegra, Flonase, Equate, Zyrtec, Benadryl, and Nasonex have all failed me so far."

Sarafare April 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have experienced outdoor/seasonal allergies all my life in fluctuating intensities. Sometimes I can can go without meds and then suddenly I'm so sneezy, itchy, watery, runny, and congested that I can hardly function. It's like a never-ending flu! So, I bought Flonase, fully aware that the relief wouldn't be instant. It took a day or 2 (literally) and I immediately had absolutely no congestion. I admit that I still sneeze and get a slight runny nose now and then but it was bearable compared to a Flonase-less reaction to pollen. The main con that I have a problem with is that I've been using Flonase for over a month and I have experienced absolutely no relief for my dry itchy (sometimes watery) eyes! Pros, my other symptoms are gone"

Potata J March 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I started using Flonase last year and it worked pretty well for me. After using it for a while I'd get nose bleeds and stop using it for a few days and start back. This year is different and seems to have little effect. I do not get 24 hours of relief. I'm lucky if I get 8."

Shebee60 March 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "This has changed my life. I had really bad allergies and would get sinus infections at least once every 2 months and everytime I was on a plane. I discovered flonase while on a trip and was at the end of my rope having antibiotics constantly and I tried the flonase as a last resort for some relief. It wasn't instant but the change was amazing. Since taking flonase i haven't had a infection since and have travelled extensively without any issue. I have recommended to a friend who has horrible allergies and it has helped her almost completely ease her symptoms and even stopped her snoring. Might not be for everyone but with regular use it has worked wonders for me"

Anonymous January 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "Flonase SUCKS. The first two days I used it, I thought it was the greatest thing ever invented because my horrible allergies finally seemed to clear up. I forgot to take it one day and woke up in the middle of the night with a stopped up nose, so I took Flonase again as soon as I woke up. It was VERY ineffective that time. I got horrible headaches, insanely itchy eyes, a sore throat, and my mouth and lips were constantly dry. It has been a week since I've vowed to never use Flonase again, and I STILL have the WORST smell in my nose and mouth from that stupid allergy "reliever". If you're wondering if you should hop in your car, make the trip out, and purchase Flonase, I will let you know right now that, that is the biggest mistake."

Maddison_12345678 December 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "This is good stuff. I can breath!"

Jon d (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have used this product for 15 years. This product still relieves my Rhinitis symptoms."

Miss All Year Allergies November 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have developed allergies (pollen?) in the last 2 years. Go figure, I'm in my 50s. My eyes get itchy and red and watery, and I scratch my eyelids and eyes so much. This irritates them and the eyelid gets raw. I finally tried Flonase from a doctor. I got jittery and anxious. After a few day, the roof of my mouth got raw and sore and painful. I did not rinse my mouth every time after use. Maybe I should have. It was destroying my skin on roof of mouth. I will never use Flonase again, I threw it away,"

Rainbow444333 November 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rhinitis "I had a cold that triggered some bad allergies. Constant sneezing, runny nose, one side of my nose constantly clogged, that awful itchy feeling in my nose that wouldn't go away. After my first dose of Flonase I didn't sneeze even once for the rest of the day! I am so pleased with the results. I'm on day 2 and have not had any noticeable side effects. In regards to another review that said that the 60 dose doesn't give you the full amount due to the "priming" sprays- in the little booklet that comes it, it says that they account for priming sprays in the dosage. So you aren't wasting any product by properly priming it."

Dayna R October 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "Was mildly effective for post-nasal drip. But will not take it again. CAUSES WEIGHT-GAIN!!!"

MaryInOrange (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "Used it for a few months, once every morning. Works great to stop the allergies throughout the day, I've definitely not had the debilitating problems that come through now and again as if I caught a cold, and this definitely stops that from happening. But the piercing headaches are bad after a few minutes, so I have to take ibuprofen to get through it. Then, I am OK through the day, mostly, I can function. But after a while, a couple months, my whole body started to feel numb. Can't feel my back, arms, legs, hands, feet, shoulders, and numb in a way that I am not able to perform athletically. If I get hurt, twist a wrist or pull a muscle I can feel those kinds of things, but for coordination, I felt detached, weak, awful, angry, annoyed."

Numbs, yes, but whole body too (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "Every time I use Flonase it enhances my symptoms to a greater and almost debilitating level. My eyes become red, inflamed, and watery. My nose runs more. My throat becomes red and sore. I am not sure if I am allergic to an ingredient in the spray or not, but it does not provide any relief. Only makes the ones I have multiply."

Chelleymack (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "Made my symptoms worse - so much for 24 hour relief."

Bambi1211 April 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Polyps "I tried several different nasal sprays, all of them did nothing but worsen my problem. Eventually I discovered the Flonase nasal spray in 2015 and in the first use it worked for me in my best remembering."

Mahad dheere (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I had a stuffy nose for 2 wks, tried afrin & over the counter meds and nothing worked. I used to take rx flonase about 10 yrs ago every allergy season so I figured it couldnt hurt to try. It took about 3 days and now my nose is almost completely cleared up. Before taking this I had sinus pain/pressure, a horrible smell when I blew my nose, constant runny nose, watery eyes. Most times I couldnt even blow anything out it was so clogged. Flonase works."

CherylM16 March 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "As a life long seasonal allergy sufferer, I search for something that won't put me to sleep won't cause side effects with other medications I can afford For most of my life I've taken plain old Sudafed with an aspirin from mid February, when the early bulbs start to bloom until after Thanksgiving when pollen finally is gone. Last year my daughter, who has similar symptoms, tried Flonase with great success. For me, the "Hottest Year Ever-2015" was also my worse ever year with allergies, I have all the symptoms from watery eyes, runny nose, coughing, sneezing etc etc etc. I've been using it for 4 days, starting with 2 times a day then once a day and my symptoms seem to be going away!"

PlantCrone (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rhinitis "I got sick earlier this week with the flu, which triggered a sinus infection and bronchitis. My doctor prescribed OTC Flonase for the symptom of sinus congestion. I began taking Flonase, two squirts a day in each nostril, on Tuesday. While I was in the midst of the illness, with fever, body aches, and severe congestion and coughing, I did not think there was a problem with the fact that I could not taste or smell. It is the fifth day, however, and while my sense of taste has come back about 40%, my sense of smell has not come back at all. I became curious and looked up "Flonase and sense of smell" on the internet. Apparently, people are reporting loss of sense of smell when using this product. I hope mine comes back."

TuolumneDame5 (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "The product may work beautify, but I will never know as the smell is one of my allergies and I can not overcome my instinctive avoidance long enough to get the desired relief"

year round allergy suffer (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016