User Reviews for Levsin

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
6.9

Summary of Levsin reviews 7.0 12 reviews

Reviews for Levsin

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Make sure and drink lots and lots of water as it is easy to become dehydrated when taking Levsin. This drug makes me feel very tired, yet while it is easy to go to sleep, staying asleep for more than an hour or two is impossible. It makes me feel shaky, nervous, and just plain weird. I hate how it makes me feel."

marcus (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "My son has has taken this for IBS and it worked the first time but took 9 days to kick in so now I think it didn't really work because the 2nd episode (now) it's not working at all. He is in so much pain. He did have his appendix out 1 yr ago and NEVER had IBS before that. He had a colonoscopy 30 days ago which wss fine so I know that it's nothing medically and they did an endoscopy at the same time so nothing in his GI tract is abnormal. He is a picky eater and eat a lot of cheese, and bread so he is going to go GF and dairy free and see if that helps. He is also soy free due to allergy. He has oral allergy syndrome so He doesn't eat foods that are raw but eat applesauce, bananas, and other fruits and veggies in smoothies. I am going to talk to his surgeon to see if I could have an adhesion from the appendectomy."

Cole's mom February 9, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "After surgery to remove a kidney I developed IBS mixed. I was missing so much work and school and it only got worse as I got older. After moving I saw a new digestive health Dr. He put me on this with Elavil, omg the change was almost immediate. Within a week I was so much better. I've been on them for about a year now and I still have a couple episodes once every 3 months or so but it's managed and controlled now. If I forget to refill or skip a dose, I suffer within 12 hours of the missed dose."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2017

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Hello, taking Levsin has been a saviour for me No it dosen't always help but it works most of the time. I have always thought was the only 1 on earth with this problem . So glad to no I'm not The pain for me is worse than childbirth, doctors don't really get it, thats cause they never had it. I get IBS/D for 3 days at a time, most recent 14 days n counting."

Its Me Buttons (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Radiation induced small bowel obstructions Minimizes severe pain of partial small vowel obstructions. But also prolongs the duration"

Celey April 29, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Combined with a fiber supplement like Metamucil I find that Levsin really helps with the trapped gas pains I get with my irritable bowel syndrome. I get sharp stabbing pains in the upper left quadrants that will only be relieved hours later after the trapped gas finally leaves. Heating pad and having my girlfriend push on my stomach also can help, but since starting the Levsin my number of pain days is significantly down. Does cause fatigue though, and be careful with beers as it will make you even more tired."

banyai (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2014

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "A gastroenterologist prescribed this for me when I was having very severe abdominal pain from Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction and IBS. Well, it did everything but relieve the pain. It blurred my vision, made me nauseous, gave me a pounding headache, made me feel very hot, dried my mouth, made me drowzy, and slowed down my heart rate. The pain continued to worsen, and I ended up in the ER. I had several more attacks afterwards, and the Levsin didn't work then, either. I was then referred to another gastroenterologist, who prescribed me Bentyl and Doxepin. While I have had less side effects with them, they haven't touched my pain, either."

Rachel W (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2014

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've had Irritable Bowel Syndrome for 11 years, and for almost the entire time, this was the medication I was on. It worked great at first, but then I started having to take double doses (which at least helped with nighttime problems, as it made me extremely drowsy). Eventually, it had no effect on my pain whatsoever, and I only experienced the side effects. I've switched to Librax, which has given me limited results. This medication was a life-saver for years with very fast results, but I guess it just stopped working for me."

IBS Girl (taken for 10 years or more) January 24, 2014

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I've had good experience with this pill so far. I've been taking it almost a year & if I know I'm going to eat something that might trigger an attack, I take it a few minutes before I eat & 9 out of 10 times, I do fine. This is coming from someone that was scared to eat anywhere away from home because my attacks would get so bad. I went to the ER a number of times because I couldn't bare the pain. This has been a miracle pill for me."

Jg02141 May 19, 2013

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I switched from Bentyl to this because this is an extended release formula. I tried it for 5 months and went back to Bentyl. It didn't work any better and it dried me out so much I could hardly swallow. After a bad flare up, I ended up at the ER and they thought I was very dehydrated but I wasn't, it was just the medicine. I am going to talk with my GP about using something with phenobarbital as I have heard a lot of positive things about it. I already take a migraine medicine with phenobarbital, so I should tolerate it well."

Anonymous August 27, 2012

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "These antispasmodics did nothing for me. I was still doubled over in pain hours later. I also was very light-headed and dizzy and my physician ignored my reactions to the medicines. Not a good experience."

Anonymous March 9, 2012

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "A sub-lingual dose of Levsin for IBS will begin working within 15 minutes, offering almost immediate relief of pain and discomfort. I highly recommend it if a doctor has prescribed it."

Living Free August 22, 2008