User Reviews for Cleocin

Cleocin has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings on Drugs.com. 44% of those users who reviewed Cleocin reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Bacterial Infection
10.0
Summary of Cleocin reviews 5.9 16 reviews

Reviews for Cleocin

SAmom79 · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “Cleocin ovules in the pink and white box that get inserted at bedtime are a lifesaver it is the only thing that gets rid of my BV!! All other meds for BV make me so sick and this is the only one with no side effects and feeling 90% better after 1st night. There are three nightly doses in one box and it is gone after the treatment!”

grumpy · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: “I just took my first dosage at 150mg 1/2 hour ago. I am already starting to feel the side effects. Diarrhea, itchy skin, sleepiness, headaches. Feels like my blood vessels about the burst in my head. Horrible! Not sure if I should continue with this med.”

Al Mamun Ullash · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2017

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “vomiting, mild skin rash, nausea, fever”

eelhead November 3, 2013

For Bacterial Infection: “Tooth infection. After taking 5 of the 28 pills I had the worst heartburn of my life and could not even lay down. After 10 of them I ended up in the ER with chest pains, excruciating heartburn, diarrhea, and the itchiest hives from head to toe. They were however very effective at clearing up the infection which in turn reduced the pain in my mouth significantly. So for me, where tooth pain is almost intolerable it was a trade off I accept.”

Anonymous November 15, 2012

For Bacterial Infection: “I have had a staph infection for some time I was on Bactrim and Ceflexicin for 10 days and they seemed to work, until I was out of medication. I was then prescribed Cleocin, I have been on it for a week and just shy of that week I started to have side effects. I have never before had any side effect from any medication prescribed, so this was quite a shock. Cleocin seemed to be working on my infection but I had to discontinue it's use early. I had the worst case of heart burn that would hit me in waves of pain never before had I experienced that type of pain, the inside of my mouth became very raw. ”

Penny1290 July 31, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: “Well, just took my last dose of this drug, Good Riddance!!! While it was effective in getting rid of the infection, it brought with it some very awful side effects. A strange metallic taste, fatigue, loose stools, pelvic cramping, abdominal pain on both sides, stomach discomfort, mood swings. I had to send my kids to a relatives house to finish this med because I have been feeling awful. No one told me to eat probiotics religiously, I do eat yogurt during any antibiotic treatment, but this specific drug requires a little more than a cup of yogurt a day, Day 2 I started taking Florastor, plus eating plain yogurt a lot, I hope I don't get the diarrhea that others have after stopping it. If you must take this,drink water and take probotics”

CrystMar July 29, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: “I am currently on day 2 of this medication and I've had some troubling side effects. Very tired, nasty taste in my mouth and bouts of dizziness along with slight tummy upset and feeling foggy at times. I wish I would have been warned before taking it that it's best to take with probiotics, I have been eating yogurt, but from what I've read about this medication, it takes a lot more than yogurt to keep things normal. Thankfully I only have to take it for 4 days, 2 tabs every 6 hours, for a tooth infection. I am hoping I don't develop any of the really awful side effects. The only reason I was prescribed was because I had am allergic reaction to Augmentin. Given the severity of the side effects you'd think they would warn patients.”

rashaaaaaaaaaa February 29, 2008

For Sinusitis: “the only drug that works with me in my chronic sinusitis”

jrichards06 March 16, 2008

For Sinusitis: “When I get a sinus infection my Dr. prescribes this. IT works awesome. No nausea, No diarrhea, no yucky taste in my mouth. It is the only anti-biotic that I don't mind taking at all.”

Boiler Room December 18, 2008

For Bacterial Infection: “Used two two-week rounds of Cleocin for an abcess. While I had diarrhea the entire time, there is surely not a better drug to bring relief to a staph infection.”

jobock February 22, 2010

For Sinusitis: “It is the only drug that works for me. I am allergic to many antibiotics but have had no problem with this one.”

Anonymous June 8, 2012

For Bacterial Infection: “Absolute best antibiotic for a tooth infection. Took as prescribed and pain was gone in 24 hours on a graduated scale. Pain was bearable within 12 hours with no pain killers.”

Scott56 · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2013

For Bacterial Infection: “Cleocin prescribed for abscessed molar. 500mg 3x daily. Very effective without significant side effects.”

always sick March 4, 2009

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I got pseudomembranous colitis from this medicine but it put my MRSA back into being dormant.”

Anonymous October 18, 2010

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “Helped knock down MRSA infection, couldn't take full course of antibiotic, due to chest pains and inability to swallow for 3 days. Horrible pain, then the diarrhea started. ”

misslegg June 11, 2009

For Sinusitis: “Was perscribed this to cure my sinus infection. Took one pill and about an hour or so later broke out in hives ended up back in the ER.”