User Reviews for Flagyl

Intraabdominal Infection 2 reviews 56 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 2 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Flagyl reviews 184 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Flagyl

For Diverticulitis "I'm on Flagl and cephalexin for diverticulitis. Today is day 4 and I feel lethargic. I sas in ER 2 days in a row for pain. Today feeling nauseous and getting diarrhea. I do not know if I can make it for ten days. (I am allergic to ciprofloxacin, penicillin,sulfa.) Soon as this is over going to immunologist to test if after 35 yrs. I can now tolerate some of the antibiotics I am allergic to because I have lung, urinary and now this is second bout of diverticulitis."

wjane47 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "I took a week's worth of pills of this for a second BV flareup (tried Tindamax the first time and the BV came back) and I am confident enough now to write a positive review. All side effects (discharge, foul odor, stabbing pain) subsided by either the third or fourth day. So far so yeast infection, but I am being very proactive and taking probiotics daily and eating lots of yogurt. Side effects were very minimal and manageable, just a bit of fatigue and dizziness and light sensitivity. Nothing horrible. PRO TIP: Wrap the pills in bread before you swallow them. No metallic aftertaste at all if you do this!"

kelseyyy8567 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diverticulitis "I have had to take this medicine numerous times, the ABSOLUTE best way to take it and not taste it is fill your mouth with Keifer and drop the pill in your mouth and then swallow. You will not taste the metallic taste!"

Anonymous September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "I'm using it for a five day period for a bacteria infection, twice a day. I think its working. It's my fourth day and it was the only day I felt slight irritation. I'm not sure if that means it has stopped working or what but I hope that after my last day that I finally get a full ease. My only side effect is headache and dizziness as well as nausea which isn't so bad. As for the taste, I don't keep it on my tongue long enough to get a good taste so I can't testify for that."

Tried It August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "Literally I feel like the this is the worst medication I've ever been on. Surgeon put me on this for an oral abscess.... been dying for like 5 days and two more to go. Can't sleep but I'm so tired eat, look at light, worst headache ever. Stomach hurts but this headache makes me forget about that. All in all, I feel horrible."

Hannahh13 August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diverticulitis "I have had three episodes of Diverticulitus in the last five years. Because I had pretty rough experiences with Flagyl / Cipro combination in my previous episodes, I asked for the pharmacist to advise me, with my prior history in mind. I really wanted this time to be different. He said the most important advice is DO NOT USE ALCOHOL, which sounds like common sense; but that includes mouthwash. (you might swallow a bit) It's a slow recovery; absolutely. I live in So Cal and this was during a heat wave, but I slept day and night the first few days with a heating pad on my lower adbomen. The pharmacy confirmed Tylenol is okay pain, also. It's not a walk in the park, but I did better this time, even with other minor side effects."

Dory17 (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dental Abscess "Was reluctant to take this has read reviews and was going on holiday. But weighed up either bad toothache or risk side effects. No effects what so ever. Shifted my toothache. But didn't risk alcohol at all. Was bit itchy but nothing bad. Would take again if had too."

Oldwomaninashoe July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diverticulitis "I had side effects from these drugs but found when I did not take them at the same time it wasn't as bad. In States where it's legal, THC help with the diverticulitis as well as the side effects of flagyl and cipro."

Jacche July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diverticulitis "Leaves the worst metalic taste in your mouth, my heart has been racing 100+ off and on since I have been on this. Started 7 days ago and still have 3 to go."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "Was prescribed flagyl for BV but was never entirely sure I even had it as no tests were conducted. Took the pills and am so happy tomorrow is my last day! Literally the worst side effects ever, day one wasn't so bad just had metallic taste in mouth but every other day I've experienced headaches, nausea, and extreme fatigue to where I'm sleeping all day. The medication is so much worse than the slight issues I even had."

Cd4 June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dental Abscess "Caught a bacterial infection from daughter visiting from Japan August 2016. Could not get well. Unknowingly had a dental abcess that made me even more ill. Did some research and found flagyl with Augmentin had helped others. Got dental problems addressed and took 21 days of flagyl 500 mg x 2 daily with Augmentin 875 mg x 2 daily. Got well. Had to have more invasive dental work and am currently taking 21 day course of flagyl 1000 mg x 2 daily with 875 mg Augmentin x2 daily to head off infection recurring. If you have been ill and given up hope, try this combo. Yep it's a lot of antibiotics but I was quite sick and it helped me. I was infection free at time of last dental work but taking this as a preventive course."

KateAnnD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am now on day 7 of a 14. I'm on Metronidazole, Omeprazole & clarithromycin. I have had H-pylori 3 times with in a year. The treatment for me has been awful. The dosage was tripled and it has given me nausea, bloating, foggy memory, a white film on my tongue & fatigue. The metallic taste last all day. The thing that you need to be aware of is if you continue to get H-pylori like I have, it can be a precursor to stomach cancer. After this round of treatment I have taken the steps to see a gastroenterologist, to insist that he does an endoscopy, to ensure me that there isn't anything for me to be concerned with at this time. It's a very scary feeling to have gotten this infection at least 3 times within a year."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "Pathetic medicine I was prescribed flagyl 400mg 3 times a day for 3 days. After day one I felt the side effects immediately. Tiredness, fatigue, headaches and increased sensitivity being the major ones. Worst part is after completing my course I'm still feeling the side effects.Sensitivity to light has increased along with dizziness and fatigue!!!"

erix April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "I was in hospital for extreme pain in my tummy, vomiting and diarrhea at same time which later turned into vomiting and pooping blood. Diagnosed with Colitis. She also said it was a BI. I stayed a day cause the pain was so bad and I couldn't keep anything down so I was giving morphine by IV till I could keep fluids down. Also on Flagyl 500 3x day and Cipro 500 2x day for 14 days. On my 4th day and this medicine has been a life saver!! I've lost 6 pounds in 4 days. I'm only eating a couple crackers and soup juice. Nothing taste right. some foods have a metal taste. Also, makes me ache like I have the flu. But nothing like the pain I was in before! I will take these few side effects before going through the pain I had before."

DeDe A. C (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "After suffering for 2 weeks, I went to my GYN and was diagnosed with a bacterial infection. She prescribed Flagyl. And even though it tastes awful, I have found it to be quite effective. I am on my last day and even though I still have some slight symptoms, I feel much better. I took my doses with milk to lessen the nausea and used an oatmeal wash and miconazole nitrate cream for the itching. Both have helped a lot in getting me through this awful infection. Even with the bad taste and the side effects, I would definitely use this medication again, although I hope never to have this infection again."

Grpch75 March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed 500mg for twice a day in order to get rid of my BV. I only had a small headache the first night and slight nausea, but it wasn't bad at all. The rest of the days and nights were fine. BUT, this is what I did: ate a big brunch and a big dinner, and took the pill in between eating each meal. During the middle of the day I ate something with probiotics, like kimchi or cultured cashew cheese. At night before bed I would have I high quality probiotic pill with 50 billion cultures that support vaginal health. Other than that, lots of water, healthy food, and using condoms! Good luck!"

Happy! (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Clostridial Infection "I have ulcerative colitis, and I tested positive for c diff and was put on Flagyl - 500 mg 4x/day. The first 5 days I could function although I had no appetite and was dizzy and nauseated. The last 6 days I was bedridden with nausea and vomiting, aversion to food, dizziness, and the skin on my legs went numb. It's been a week now and the legs' skin is still numb, although it doesn't affect my mobility. I don't want to eat anything still but the food doesn't come back up now. However, all the symptoms of c diff are gone. Seems to have calmed down the UC as well. So yes, it worked very well so far but the side effects for me were horrendous."

Lorisar March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Trichomoniasis "I read the directions wrong for flagyl, I took two 250mg a day instead of four a day . So now I would be taking the pills for about 10 -11 days if I start to take them 4 a day now like I was suppose to. But I am not sure if it is that safe to take them for that long if I continue to take them now at 4 a day But I do have a big event this weekend and alcohol is involved , and everyone will ask why I'm not drinking because I am the partier and drinker. Not sure what to do"

Bbbxoxoxoxo March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "Worst taste been on it 4 days and lost 6 pounds can't eat or drink anything tastes horrible. Even water"

Jclop January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diverticulitis "I have never had any issues, until I was diagnosed with a very minor case diverticulitis and was prescribed this drug. It has been nine months and counting, and my life has changed. This drug cause severe stomach pain, numbing of the arms, and a trip to the ER. After two or three doses, I had to quit. The biggest outcome of this was gastritis, something I've never had in my life. Nearly every night I wake up sick. I am on multiple drugs to combat this gastritis, but my condition is getting worse. As an active person (hiking, running, biking and such), this has hampered all of these activities. My sleep is very poor now. I have no idea what I can eat or not eat. I dare not drink alcohol and cannot eat after 6p lest I suffer all night."

Death's Door (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "My Dr. prescribed me flagyl 500mg for 4 days, once a day. Before I take any meds i do a research on them to know what to expect or whats not normal, but honestly I have to stop doing this!! I read all this awful symptoms all of you or most of you were going through and I almost give up on the pill before even starting! BUt then I realize each women has a different experience, and so far the only symptom is the metallic taste in my mouth and a little dry my mouth also. I'm hoping this is the last med I have to take and go back to healthy vagina because I've being MONTHS at this, between BV or Yeast infections and its driving me INSANE. Before this pills, I used metrogel for 7days. Either it didn't work, or now I have YI. Good luck to you all!"

Desperate! (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "I'm on day 6 of a 7 day treatment, and I'm throwing in the towel. I've never had such terrible side effects. Severe dizziness, insomnia, dehydration, irritated bladder, racing heart, anxiety, constant bad taste in mouth. I barely had any BV symptoms to begin with, so the meds have felt like unnecessary torture. Never again."

simpsa (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diverticulitis "The first time I ever had diverticulitis I ended up in the hospital for three days with massive doses of flagyl through an IV. After that I had a couple of bouts of what I thought were UTI's but ended up the start of diverticulitis (which mostly happens when I travel). Because I recognize the symptoms, I am allowed to have a few pills with me at all times just in case and catching the attack soon enough usually only requires a couple of doses. It has been an absolute lifesaver!!!!! I've had to do the routine of many days and add in Cipro, so it's one of those cases where you need to be in tune with what's happening with your body to avoid getting that sick."

Maeward7864 January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "I had to take the drug every 8 hours for 7 days. All the other reviews claiming this drug gives horrible side effects is false. For the first 3 days, I had slight nausea, nothing unbearable. The last day I made the mistake of splitting the pill, to make it easier to swallow, which was a bad idea. I got extreme nausea and couldn't sleep for hours. Only cons of this pill is the taste, the pill starts dissolving as soon as it hits your tongue. It is a pretty big pill, which is why I cut it in half. Just stick with the size though. On the third day of taking this medication, the discharge and smell of BV was completely gone. I would take this drug again, the minor side effects sure beat having BV."

lks54 January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "Prescribed this drug to take twice a day for 7 days for bv. Noticed after day two the symptoms were subsiding. For the first 6 days I took it straight after lunch and dinner with a bottle of water. Had barely any side effects apart from on day 3 I woke up feeling nauseous and with a headache but nothing major at all. And on day 7 I forgot to take the drug after my dinner so ended up taking it 4 hours later, and noticed a slight tummy ache. Overall I would definitely recommend this drug for BV"

Anna d (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017