User Reviews for Flagyl

5.5
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 2 reviews 161 medications

Summary of Flagyl reviews 155 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Flagyl

For Diverticulitis "Oh, man,am I ever sick....yes, the lower abd pain is getting better, but! I am on methotrexate and am having blood in my stools...I didn't see anyone else mention that....so, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, but I guess I'll try to contact my doc and see what he says...I'm on day three almost...if I take it tonight???!! I was prescribed cipro and flagyl in the ER for acute diverticulitis."

beebarbie (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "Just started this medicine today for c diff, which I have been trying to fight with diet & probiotics for months now. I thought I had a handle on it at first, but the bugs clearly had a meeting in my gut about their dwindling numbers and decided to multiply faster than ever before. It returned with a vengeance. Reading all of these horrid side effects is scary but a ten day ride through mall of it seems appealing to me at this point if it kills the c diff. No metallic taste for me so far but I do feel sort of loopy and may just go to bed for a week. Will update my progress and experiences soon. Insomnia? God I hope not."

Jessie9999999 November 23, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "The first time I had bv I was given cream for 5 days that worked fine, the second time with bv I had pills they were better than cream. 3 rd time with bv pill again for 7 days after day 2 the worst side effects ever had with any meds, only on day 4 and don't want to take anymore pills, metal taste in mouth, constant nausea, head aches I hate this pill but it seem its taking long to clear up. Still having discharge I rather have the cream."

Ms.Priss (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed 500mg 2x day for 7 days. I am on day 3, side effects so far are fatigue and flu like symptoms. I have not experienced the bad taste. Hopefully this works have never taken this before."

sharon12153 November 9, 2016

For Trichomoniasis "I was prescribed 500mg of flagyl 2x a day for 7 days to cure my trichomoniasis. I can't tell you how happy I was to have the week over with. It made me depressed, anxious, and I was on vacation, which meant no alcohol while abroad, as alcohol interacts with the medicine severely. I should mention that I had researched the "no alcohol" warning quite a bit before my trip; I'm also on an anti-depressant, which is also contraindicated with alcohol, but doesn't actually cause a reaction in my experience. It would appear that some people can tolerate modest consumption of alcohol while on flagyl while the large majority fall ill. I made the mistake of ordering a glass of wine. Huge mistake. HUGE. The sickness wasn't worth it. At least I'm cured"

OooSicko November 8, 2016

For Diverticulitis "Taking Flagyl and Cipro for diverticulitis, and got all the symptoms as everyone else. Dry mouth, headaches, funny taste in mouth, diarrhea and generally feel sluggish, tired and beside myself. Though I was the only one feeling like crap but the pain is gone and I too am on a better diet. Seven days left and I am throwing these empty bottles in the trash!"

SevenEleven November 3, 2016

For Trichomoniasis "I was giving four 500MG of Flagyl to take all at once. I took them this past Sunday. I have read a lot about how it tastes bad or is making people sick. I have not had any side affects. I know everyone's bodies react differently but just thought I would share how I took mine incase it helps someone else. I took mine first thing in the morning ate some breakfast took the pills (put them on the back of my tongue its the only way I can swallow any pill. May have helped not taste anything) drank some water and then continued to eat the rest of my breakfast. After that being said I must say that I still have some symptoms so it's left me wondering if these pills have had any affect at all on me but it might still be to early to tell."

Praying4relief (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2016

For Clostridial Infection "I am currently finishing up a 14 day round of 3x's a day 500mg Flagyl for C. Diff. C. Diff, alone, is a beast to wrangle. Think food poison but 10x's worse---and the smell, oh that's another thing entirely. I never leave reviews on medications but with the side effects vs. the benefits that I've experienced, I wanted others to know. Benefits: Finally stopped having uncontrollable diarrhea and gas pain. The side effects didn't kick in until about day 7. So far, I've experienced light sensitivity, numbness and tingling on my left flank, insomnia, and an overall feeling of unrestlessness that is very similar to a panic attack. I've also had a runny nose and headaches. The medicine does work but I cannot wait to be finished!!!!!!!!"

Kc16 October 26, 2016

For Diverticulitis "I was prescribed Flagyl and cipro Sunday night when I went to ER for severe abdominal pain. CT scan revealed acute colitis. Day 3 of antibiotics and now feeling nauseous, light headed, no appetite, vomiting and diarrhea. Pain gone but will suffer through if it clears up those pesky parasites. Doc said could be short or long term. I vote for short. The docs should warn of possible side effects to prepare a person."

Dragnldy (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "As expected"

Granny Di (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016

For Diverticulitis "Brown tongue, dry mouth, metallic taste, very yellow urine,"

Fralary (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed to take this twice a day for 7 days for bacterial vaginosis. I will never allow a doctor to prescribe me this ever again!! The taste comes from nightmares for starters, and good LORD the side effects are NOT worth it!! Constant nausea, dizziness, everything tastes like fecal matter, fevers, restlessness, overall weak and uncomfortable. This cannot be good for you. I didn't even have any side effects with the BV itself, It's this medication that has been making me feel like death!"

Suffragette City October 9, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed a 500mg 3x a day dosage for 10 days. I always have issues with antibiotics but this by far is the worst side effects I've ever had! The metallic taste, diarrhea, headaches and overall feeling is horrible. I just completed day 5 and it was so bad that I wanted to stick my fingers down my throat and force myself to throw up! I also started to developed oral thrush! The medicine does seem to be working but I'm not taking all 10 days. I feel like I can barely make it to 7!!"

Rkind7 (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "It seems that the single day/dose medication (4 pills in one day) seems to have less severe side effects than your long treatments (7-10 day). I was diagnosed with BV and I was prescribed Metronidazole (flagyl) with 4 pills. I took two at first because I didn't know how the side effects would effect me but I felt nothing, so I took the other two pills two hours later and still, I feel fine. Maybe a little pain in my abdomen, but if you've ever slept on a bad mattress, the feeling is something of that sort. Not bad. Woke up this morning and my discharge seems to be gone and the itch as well. Now all I'm doing is making sure I don't develope a yeast infection by wearing loose clothing, drinking lots of water/ cranberry juice & eating yogurt."

Jade_6792 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I was taking Flagyl two times a day for a week time period and it was awful in terms of side effects was concerned. It started working instantly. However, I was throwing up every night I took this pill due to upset stomach which was aggravating because i already was not eating much to begin with so I was dry heaving. I experienced diarrhea, short breaths, brief itching. The metallic taste puts a horrible taste in your mouth so bad to the point I literally dreaded taking the pill each day. But midway through the pill I got smart and put it on a spoon full of yogurt to mask the taste and let me tell you it works wonders! So if you don't eat yogurt try a pudding or something like that and it will be so much better. I hope that helps."

Ceepee23 September 27, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "The worst metallic taste in mouth, dizziness and nausea"

Daisymay246hfdsvdsaa. September 23, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "this is by far the worst tasting medicine ive ever had! i dread taking it but it did clear up my infection but at the end of my 7 days i ended up with oral thrush and a yeast infection i was able to cure those on my own with home remedies the med is effective just has a few unpleasant side affects"

TY TY September 16, 2016

For Diverticulitis "This drug caused uncontrollable diarrhea and stomach upset and I had to stop taking it after just 2 days. This was given for mild diverticulitis and I got better with a liquid diet for several days then low fiber soft food then graduated to regular foods. I had another bout of diverticulitis 4 months later and just did the diet - didn't go to doctors of use antibiotics. For my mild cases this is the way to go. This drug caused more harm than good."

nonickname August 27, 2016

For Diverticulitis "This is my third diverticulitis event in 9 years, and each time I have been treated with Cipro and Flagyl, but I do not remember feeling so awful the first two times, nor do I remember the horrifically bad taste of the metronidazole (flagyl.) I can hardly get it down and after I do the horrible taste in my mouth is beyond description. I have resorted to immediately grabbing a lollipop to coat my mouth and pharynx with the sweet sugary taste, which actually does help. On top of that I am nauseated, dizzy, have a foggy brain, and nothing tastes normal or good, not even water. I am thankful for the improvement in the abdominal pain, as that shows that the horrid stuff is working, but dang, can't they put it in a capsule?"

trying to be thankful August 9, 2016

For Diverticulitis "Was hospitalized with my first case of diverticulitis in March of this year and was given Flagyl 3x daily for 3-4 weeks. Vomited violently in the hospital within 10 minutes after taking it each time until they started giving me something to coat my stomach a little beforehand. The entire time I had to take it, I felt like my stomach was being eaten from the inside. My taste buds changed totally while I was on it and nothing tasted normal. I agree, Flagyl is the worst medicine ever! I will suffer the pain from diverticulitis before taking it again!"

abeehamie (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

For Trichomoniasis "Was diagnosed with Trich. Dr. prescribed four 500 mgs of Flagyl to take at once. Only complaint was metallic taste but it made me drink water more often and chew minty gum - I survived. Unfortunately, it did not work. 6 weeks and 2 days later the discharge, itching, symptoms returned. Note: I had not been with intimate with anyone, so it was not because of sexual contact, Flagyl just didn't work. Returned to dr., was re-tested and it was positive for Trich. Dr. prescribed Tinidazole the second time which I took yesterday; as soon as I reach or exceed 60-90 days with no symptoms, I will repost."

ADG1961 July 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "No side effects at first. On 7 day treatment 2 times a day. By day 5 I noticed I've had severe insomnia, extremely dry nose, headachey, general feeling of being unwell. But infection felt cured so that's good. Don't swallow toothpaste like another reviewer suggested, just try to put way back in your mouth to swallow it fastest. Take with food! It's not good for people to swallow toothpaste 2 times a day. Stomach upset on day 5 as well. More like bad indigestion and always hungry even though I ate. But with only three pills left i'm determined to finish treatment. If it doesn't work for you and you are trying to treat bv even pregnant ask of you can try the vaginal gel if you can't take the side effects of this med."

Sweetie214 July 26, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I had Mirena for 2 years and suffered from Continuous BV. I have been on Flagyl many many times. I had to have my marina taken out three months ago and I didn't have anymore a BV until this past week. I am taking a seven day does two times a day. This is the first time that it has caused a metallic taste in my mouth and horrible time trying to sleep. I can't seem to fall asleep and when I do I am restless and up every 10 to 15 minutes. On the plus side I know when I i'm done with this prescription I will be completely treated so it is worth it."

Jlw12345 (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "Hi my protocol was 12 day 500 mg 3x daily Flagyl for C Diff. Many bad side effects. I felt very unusual. Day 6 the pain and cramping subsided. I used medical marijuana before I'd eat the fat free dairy free no raw veggies high soluble fiber diet. I drank a gallon of water after last horrid Flagyl so nasty. Citrus fruits. Bland small snack meals. 24 hours after I had 2 glasses of chardonnay with small dinner. There is hope! I've finally after 3 weeks turned the corner feeling better. RESTRICT diet. You will save relapse. Drink Kefir yogurt milk. It contains live probiotics and supplement with unlive probiotic capsules. Best ones found on colon website are at Amazon $25 for 30 days. Higher concentration called Nexabiotic Advanced Probiotic ."

Lizax July 7, 2016

For Intraabdominal Infection "I read all of these reviews on the side effects of this medication. They scared me so bad because I have hurt for 2 weeks, and I didn't want to add more pain on top of that. But the only side effects I have had are tiredness, and a bit of a headache. Only a few days into my 2 week dose, but hoping it fixes whatever problem I have been having with my intestines! Don't be afraid to take it like I was."

Kathleen85 June 28, 2016