User Reviews for Flagyl

Bone infection 1.0
Summary of Flagyl reviews 6.4 307 reviews

Reviews for Flagyl

Calamity Jane September 20, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Flagyl was a miracle drug for my SIBO/IBS. The first time I used it 20 years ago I was unexplainably sick/nauseated and losing weight for months and after a colonoscopy and gall bladder scan the docs didn’t know what what wrong and one happened to put me on Flagyl and the next day I was better! I had no problem with this drug at all. I have just recently had the same flare up for the past 6 weeks and my doc put me on Flagyl and OMG- within 4 hours I was feeling better. I am 7 days in to a 10 day run and I haven’t felt this good in years. I am 66, have motility issues and this drug worked wonders for SIBO/IBS.”

Anonymous September 14, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Awful tablets, I was given 7 day Course, couldn’t eat, the taste was horrendous, drinking water made it worse, confusion, feeling sick and genuinely unwell, would never take again for stomach bacteria ”

Mimi · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I thought I had covid but I was experiencing the affects of taking this Flagyl Pure nightmare!!!!!!! Don’t take it. Warn everyone, friends, family, strangers. No one should experience this. I feel angry now with my gyno for doing this to me.”

Anonymous August 26, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “500 mg flagyl 2 per day for BV By the 3rd day I wanted to quit it was too strong. It made urine a dark brownish red color because of the way it breaks down in your body. I forced myself to complete the 7 day, on day 7th I was feeling better so had half a beer. Big Mistake, I didn't feel the reaction until 5 days after I stopped. Broke out in hives itchy and warm to the touch appearing in many places on my body some hives would burn. Still feeling it after 13 days along with chills but no fever, at night I swear I could feel things swell inside me like my kidney then the pain would move to my right knee joint then my left. Dr. said it sounded like I had an allergic reaction. Also it felt like there was a pressure tightness feeling in my inner ear or like air was inside but not painful like an earache. My lymph nodes under my neck were swollen. It felt like the right side of my face was going to go numb.”

Nat August 21, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Gives bad anxiety, fatigue, nausea, high heart rate.”

Cc August 20, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Amoxicillin always was so hard on my stomach my stomach - more than h.pylori. A family member told me to get over it because they were an army med. do not get over it. The metronidazole shouldn’t make you feel this way and is truly the cure.”

loveconquersall · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I have SIBO and my doctor prescribed Flagyl 250 MG 3 times/day for 14 days and Rifaximin 3 times/day for 14 days to treat SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth). Overall, my experience with Flagyl was unpleasant -- I experienced moderate side effects that made me feel worse, so I stopped after 4 days and kept on the Rifaximin with no problems. On flagyl, I experienced fatigue -- when I tried to workout to boost energy, I felt horrendous -- nauseous with flu-like symptoms. I experienced loss of appetite for normal healthy foods and found that I was binging on unhealthy foods. Slight metallic taste in my mouth, and a moderate feeling of upset stomach that came and went. Also, moderate bloating. If I had been extremely sick, and Flagyl made me feel better, I may have kept on it, but for someone with mild SIBO, this drug wasn't worth it. If you're only mildly ill, I'd suggest finding an alternative medicine, if possible.”

Mel June 9, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “I've been in agony with a toothache for two days, I couldn't sleep, nothing. Last night I took 500mg of Flagyl a few hours before I went to bed, slept all night and this morning my mouth isn't even sore. I’ll continue to take it for a week to make sure it kills the bacteria, but so far I like it better than any other antibiotic I've taken for an infected tooth! ”

Idol · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Was prescribed this for BV following a LEEP procedure. One tablet and I was feeling weird. Kind of tingly. I immediately stopped taking it as that is a very rare and bad side effect! Needless to say I'm not going to take any more of this drug.”

Love2 · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2020

For Trichomoniasis: “Omg reading all these comments scares me.. the doctor prescribed the 4 pills to take at once.. two days it was clearing up.. after my period came the trich came back. I went to get retested and I'm now waiting for results but I already know I still have this infection. This meds should work the first time . I guess it's not strong enough to kill the infection in one or even two doses.. I'm scared and I hope it goes away soon.”

Stevie in Fiji · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

For Bone infection: “Broke my big toe (tip completely fractured. Had to have toe nail removed as in office surgery. Had two meds prescribed. Flagyl 400 mg and Flucloxacillin. Redness in my eyes and a bit woozy on my feet. Eye pain on top and back of eyes on second day. Sleep well ...too well. Stayed sleepy throughout the day. With prospect of 9 day course I have contacted my doctor to ask to stop. I want to thank drugs.com for their information as I may not have associated this medication with the Zanex I was suppose to start today. Thanks, guys!”

Jb · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2020

For Diverticulitis: “Was prescribed flagyl for possible diverticulitis, took it for two days and could not take it anymore. It caused me to have severe diarrhea, fever, severe flu like symptoms, made me very weak, had to stop taking it. Will never take it again.”

Deb · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

For Diverticulitis: “Having nausea everyday about 3 hours after taking Flagyl, also started feeling cramps in both calves on day 3. Only have 1 1/2 days left! Will be taking probiotics and eating yogurt as was suggested by someone in this comment stream!”

Adfnl · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2020

For Trichomoniasis: “I first got prescribed 4 Flagyl 500 mg pills to take at once for trichomoniasis. It took away the burning and itching and I seen a decrease in discharge. However; I still have burning when peeing. I now got prescribed a second dose of Flagyl but this time it’s a 7 day dosage of 500 mg pills twice a day. I Have taken 2 day’s of this new dosage and my discharge is even better but still burning when urinating. I am hoping this medicine cures the Trichomoniasis.”

1234 March 28, 2020

For Diverticulitis: “Please DO NOT take Flagyl. This is a lethal drug that will mess your body up for months. I was given this for diverticulitis. I was asked to take Flagyl for 7 days. By day 2 I was already in pain with side effects with bad muscle cramps especially my legs. I kept going not realizing the damage it was doing. On day 6 I gave up. The side effects were unbearable. I was taking regular pro-biotics during this period and after. Flagyl wiped my gut clean to the extreme that I kept getting urine Infections / Cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) for weeks after. The constant urine infections / Cystitis continued for the next 5 months. Eventually when I saw my naturopath, he gave me a special blend of flora (pro-biotics) to help restore my gut back to normal. I don't know why doctors are allowed to prescribe this drug as it should be banned.Please avoid taking this drug.”

Mia · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I would not recommend taking Flagyl at all. I was given a one time high dosage of 5 pills at once and have experienced terrible anxiety, shortness of breath, insomnia and diarrhea. I was up all night worried sick about how I am feeling and just wishing I never took them at all. I don’t know why this drug is still on the market. Hoping my side effects disappear within 24 hours. It has definitely taken the infection away but in my opinion not worth the paranoia”

Ron · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I have never felt so ill before with these tablets, Heartburn sickness can not. eat, backache, and feeling like I am going to fall over, I thought I was going to die, I have today asked my doctor to change my tabs. I feel sorry for anyone who takes these tablets.”

aloha · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Went in for my Pap smear and found out I had BV. I was prescribed Flagyl (1 tablet 2x a day). First day I only took one pill during my lunch break but forgot to take the second that night. Next day I took two pills as prescribed (morning and night). The following morning I noticed dark urine... allegedly that’s a ‘rare’ side effect. I’ve also experienced dry mouth, the metallic after taste, headaches, and loss of appetite. Other than that, I do see an improvement already. I’m glad these pills work quick, just hoping I won’t have to take it every again after the 7th day ”

Dora · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “No side effects but it doesn't work at all! It's a third day with pain and no improvement. Never again”

Kitkat February 10, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I was given this for BV I've been on this for 6 days was given 2x day for 7 days the taste is horrendous..I've noticed a bit of tiredness, I always have back pain so I can't attribute that to the medication..I haven't noticed any other symptoms”

kath · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

For Diverticulitis: “Flagyl side effects are dreadful. The worst was a sudden rise in my blood pressure (BP) to over 200. Dangerous for me, loads of treatment to get it down, no more flagyl for me. Bowel was no better.”

Demi · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I went to my doctor following finishing a z-pack and was having painful urination. I thought I had a UTI, however, it turned out to be bacterial vaginitis (BV) . The physician at a local urgent care put me on generic metronidazole, 500 mg, two times daily. I am on day 4 and was unable to work due to severe back pain, headache, and nausea. I have taken this medication before but I don't think I've ever taken it orally for 7 days. At this point, I'm going back in to see my doctor and ask for something else. I can't afford to miss work the rest of the week!”

Bre · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I’m on day 4 of a 7 day treatment for BV (bacterial vaginitis) with Flagyl. I feel amazing. I was warned by my my doctor and pharmacist of alcohol and side effects. On my 2nd pill I did get abdominal pain and minimal diarrhea but that was it. I expected it to continue but so far I feel better than ever. I feel like it helped me in so many other ways than just BV treatment. I feel healthy and awake. All meds have side effects some worse than others and some experience more than others. My experience so far has been great.”

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2020

For Diverticulitis: “Flagyl cured my diverticulitis however, my blood pressure went to 200 over 119. I had to be rushed to the emergency room. Afterwards, I checked and saw that this can happen if you are in your 60's or older. Don't exactly know why older people can get this symptom, but I will never use it again. The drug worked, that is why I rated it high, but the side effects are brutal.”

WildWood · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “Absolutely awful reaction to this drug, Flagyl have never been so sick on any medication. Was prescribed for a puncture wound to avoid infection but honestly cannot say if it worked or not although the infection was prevented. However I was completely dysfunctional with side effects from the flagyl including shocking headache, sore throat, hallucinations, dizziness, sore back, upset stomach, sinus reaction, and extreme fatigue.”