User Reviews for Flagyl

Intraabdominal Infection 2 reviews 56 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 2 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Flagyl reviews 175 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Flagyl

For Bacterial Infection "Was prescribed flagyl for BV but was never entirely sure I even had it as no tests were conducted. Took the pills and am so happy tomorrow is my last day! Literally the worst side effects ever, day one wasn't so bad just had metallic taste in mouth but every other day I've experienced headaches, nausea, and extreme fatigue to where I'm sleeping all day. The medication is so much worse than the slight issues I even had."

Cd4 June 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dental Abscess "Caught a bacterial infection from daughter visiting from Japan August 2016. Could not get well. Unknowingly had a dental abcess that made me even more ill. Did some research and found flagyl with Augmentin had helped others. Got dental problems addressed and took 21 days of flagyl 500 mg x 2 daily with Augmentin 875 mg x 2 daily. Got well. Had to have more invasive dental work and am currently taking 21 day course of flagyl 1000 mg x 2 daily with 875 mg Augmentin x2 daily to head off infection recurring. If you have been ill and given up hope, try this combo. Yep it's a lot of antibiotics but I was quite sick and it helped me. I was infection free at time of last dental work but taking this as a preventive course."

KateAnnD (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am now on day 7 of a 14. I'm on Metronidazole, Omeprazole & clarithromycin. I have had H-pylori 3 times with in a year. The treatment for me has been awful. The dosage was tripled and it has given me nausea, bloating, foggy memory, a white film on my tongue & fatigue. The metallic taste last all day. The thing that you need to be aware of is if you continue to get H-pylori like I have, it can be a precursor to stomach cancer. After this round of treatment I have taken the steps to see a gastroenterologist, to insist that he does an endoscopy, to ensure me that there isn't anything for me to be concerned with at this time. It's a very scary feeling to have gotten this infection at least 3 times within a year."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "Pathetic medicine I was prescribed flagyl 400mg 3 times a day for 3 days. After day one I felt the side effects immediately. Tiredness, fatigue, headaches and increased sensitivity being the major ones. Worst part is after completing my course I'm still feeling the side effects.Sensitivity to light has increased along with dizziness and fatigue!!!"

erix April 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I was in hospital for extreme pain in my tummy, vomiting and diarrhea at same time which later turned into vomiting and pooping blood. Diagnosed with Colitis. She also said it was a BI. I stayed a day cause the pain was so bad and I couldn't keep anything down so I was giving morphine by IV till I could keep fluids down. Also on Flagyl 500 3x day and Cipro 500 2x day for 14 days. On my 4th day and this medicine has been a life saver!! I've lost 6 pounds in 4 days. I'm only eating a couple crackers and soup juice. Nothing taste right. some foods have a metal taste. Also, makes me ache like I have the flu. But nothing like the pain I was in before! I will take these few side effects before going through the pain I had before."

DeDe A. C (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "After suffering for 2 weeks, I went to my GYN and was diagnosed with a bacterial infection. She prescribed Flagyl. And even though it tastes awful, I have found it to be quite effective. I am on my last day and even though I still have some slight symptoms, I feel much better. I took my doses with milk to lessen the nausea and used an oatmeal wash and miconazole nitrate cream for the itching. Both have helped a lot in getting me through this awful infection. Even with the bad taste and the side effects, I would definitely use this medication again, although I hope never to have this infection again."

Grpch75 March 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed 500mg for twice a day in order to get rid of my BV. I only had a small headache the first night and slight nausea, but it wasn't bad at all. The rest of the days and nights were fine. BUT, this is what I did: ate a big brunch and a big dinner, and took the pill in between eating each meal. During the middle of the day I ate something with probiotics, like kimchi or cultured cashew cheese. At night before bed I would have I high quality probiotic pill with 50 billion cultures that support vaginal health. Other than that, lots of water, healthy food, and using condoms! Good luck!"

Happy! (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Clostridial Infection "I have ulcerative colitis, and I tested positive for c diff and was put on Flagyl - 500 mg 4x/day. The first 5 days I could function although I had no appetite and was dizzy and nauseated. The last 6 days I was bedridden with nausea and vomiting, aversion to food, dizziness, and the skin on my legs went numb. It's been a week now and the legs' skin is still numb, although it doesn't affect my mobility. I don't want to eat anything still but the food doesn't come back up now. However, all the symptoms of c diff are gone. Seems to have calmed down the UC as well. So yes, it worked very well so far but the side effects for me were horrendous."

Lorisar March 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Trichomoniasis "I read the directions wrong for flagyl, I took two 250mg a day instead of four a day . So now I would be taking the pills for about 10 -11 days if I start to take them 4 a day now like I was suppose to. But I am not sure if it is that safe to take them for that long if I continue to take them now at 4 a day But I do have a big event this weekend and alcohol is involved , and everyone will ask why I'm not drinking because I am the partier and drinker. Not sure what to do"

Bbbxoxoxoxo March 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "Worst taste been on it 4 days and lost 6 pounds can't eat or drink anything tastes horrible. Even water"

Jclop January 31, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis "I have never had any issues, until I was diagnosed with a very minor case diverticulitis and was prescribed this drug. It has been nine months and counting, and my life has changed. This drug cause severe stomach pain, numbing of the arms, and a trip to the ER. After two or three doses, I had to quit. The biggest outcome of this was gastritis, something I've never had in my life. Nearly every night I wake up sick. I am on multiple drugs to combat this gastritis, but my condition is getting worse. As an active person (hiking, running, biking and such), this has hampered all of these activities. My sleep is very poor now. I have no idea what I can eat or not eat. I dare not drink alcohol and cannot eat after 6p lest I suffer all night."

Death's Door (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "My Dr. prescribed me flagyl 500mg for 4 days, once a day. Before I take any meds i do a research on them to know what to expect or whats not normal, but honestly I have to stop doing this!! I read all this awful symptoms all of you or most of you were going through and I almost give up on the pill before even starting! BUt then I realize each women has a different experience, and so far the only symptom is the metallic taste in my mouth and a little dry my mouth also. I'm hoping this is the last med I have to take and go back to healthy vagina because I've being MONTHS at this, between BV or Yeast infections and its driving me INSANE. Before this pills, I used metrogel for 7days. Either it didn't work, or now I have YI. Good luck to you all!"

Desperate! (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I'm on day 6 of a 7 day treatment, and I'm throwing in the towel. I've never had such terrible side effects. Severe dizziness, insomnia, dehydration, irritated bladder, racing heart, anxiety, constant bad taste in mouth. I barely had any BV symptoms to begin with, so the meds have felt like unnecessary torture. Never again."

simpsa (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis "The first time I ever had diverticulitis I ended up in the hospital for three days with massive doses of flagyl through an IV. After that I had a couple of bouts of what I thought were UTI's but ended up the start of diverticulitis (which mostly happens when I travel). Because I recognize the symptoms, I am allowed to have a few pills with me at all times just in case and catching the attack soon enough usually only requires a couple of doses. It has been an absolute lifesaver!!!!! I've had to do the routine of many days and add in Cipro, so it's one of those cases where you need to be in tune with what's happening with your body to avoid getting that sick."

Maeward7864 January 19, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I had to take the drug every 8 hours for 7 days. All the other reviews claiming this drug gives horrible side effects is false. For the first 3 days, I had slight nausea, nothing unbearable. The last day I made the mistake of splitting the pill, to make it easier to swallow, which was a bad idea. I got extreme nausea and couldn't sleep for hours. Only cons of this pill is the taste, the pill starts dissolving as soon as it hits your tongue. It is a pretty big pill, which is why I cut it in half. Just stick with the size though. On the third day of taking this medication, the discharge and smell of BV was completely gone. I would take this drug again, the minor side effects sure beat having BV."

lks54 January 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "Prescribed this drug to take twice a day for 7 days for bv. Noticed after day two the symptoms were subsiding. For the first 6 days I took it straight after lunch and dinner with a bottle of water. Had barely any side effects apart from on day 3 I woke up feeling nauseous and with a headache but nothing major at all. And on day 7 I forgot to take the drug after my dinner so ended up taking it 4 hours later, and noticed a slight tummy ache. Overall I would definitely recommend this drug for BV"

Anna d (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Intraabdominal Infection "Flagyl was prescribed to me after an appendectomy with a leaking appendix. I took 3 doses at home and the side effects started immediately and became more severe with every subsequent dose. I was dizzy to the point of having to hold on to the wall to walk. I had the worst metallic bad taste in my mouth that actually made everything taste horrible (water, juices, food etc). I was extremely nauseous to the point that I started heaving even with liquids. I had severe diarrhea as well, which I am not sure was related to Flagyl or not, but subsided once I was off that medicine. I was changed to Cypro and have been feeling much, much better with that antibiotic. In my case I will NEVER take Flagyl again, based on the severe reaction I've experienced"

Monja-Turtle January 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "Ok so.. I didn't know what was going on... this medicine has totally changed... my side effects are nausea, lower back pain every Time I stand, mouth taste blah and tired.oh gas and diarrhea .. so glad tomorrow is my last day... the best advice I can give is to eat heavy..."

Pie... December 21, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis "I deal with diverticulitis every 9 to 12 months. CT over the past 15 years keep showing mild diverticulitis as they call it but when it hits it feels nothing like mild! Nasty lower left abdominal pain . Sometimes I get a fever. Now my dr. Just put me on antibiotics as soon as I get symptoms because I always go into the fever eventually . Yes going on this for 7 to 10 days can give you diarrhea. I found quite a while ago since probiotic yogurt came out as long as I eat lots of that I rarely get diarrhea now. And since you should be on liquid and very soft food diet anyway just switch yourself and eat nothing but probiotic yogurt and soups while you're taking this stuff. always take it with a meal too. And no alcohol!"

Yetagainforme December 9, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I was just diagnosed with BV and am now on my 2nd day of meds. Day 1 I felt nauseous and had some headaches, but neither were unbearable. This morning I feel almost as if I'm getting a UTI because its a little uncomfortable to pee and I have the urge to go frequently. I'm hoping this will go away once I'm done with my dosages (2 pills/day). Pills taste a little funky, but like I said nothing unbearable. I may try the cream next time around!"

Erin C. (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis "Oh, man,am I ever sick....yes, the lower abd pain is getting better, but! I am on methotrexate and am having blood in my stools...I didn't see anyone else mention that....so, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, but I guess I'll try to contact my doc and see what he says...I'm on day three almost...if I take it tonight???!! I was prescribed cipro and flagyl in the ER for acute diverticulitis."

beebarbie (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "Just started this medicine today for c diff, which I have been trying to fight with diet & probiotics for months now. I thought I had a handle on it at first, but the bugs clearly had a meeting in my gut about their dwindling numbers and decided to multiply faster than ever before. It returned with a vengeance. Reading all of these horrid side effects is scary but a ten day ride through mall of it seems appealing to me at this point if it kills the c diff. No metallic taste for me so far but I do feel sort of loopy and may just go to bed for a week. Will update my progress and experiences soon. Insomnia? God I hope not."

Jessie9999999 November 23, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "The first time I had bv I was given cream for 5 days that worked fine, the second time with bv I had pills they were better than cream. 3 rd time with bv pill again for 7 days after day 2 the worst side effects ever had with any meds, only on day 4 and don't want to take anymore pills, metal taste in mouth, constant nausea, head aches I hate this pill but it seem its taking long to clear up. Still having discharge I rather have the cream."

Ms.Priss (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed 500mg 2x day for 7 days. I am on day 3, side effects so far are fatigue and flu like symptoms. I have not experienced the bad taste. Hopefully this works have never taken this before."

sharon12153 November 9, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Trichomoniasis "I was prescribed 500mg of flagyl 2x a day for 7 days to cure my trichomoniasis. I can't tell you how happy I was to have the week over with. It made me depressed, anxious, and I was on vacation, which meant no alcohol while abroad, as alcohol interacts with the medicine severely. I should mention that I had researched the "no alcohol" warning quite a bit before my trip; I'm also on an anti-depressant, which is also contraindicated with alcohol, but doesn't actually cause a reaction in my experience. It would appear that some people can tolerate modest consumption of alcohol while on flagyl while the large majority fall ill. I made the mistake of ordering a glass of wine. Huge mistake. HUGE. The sickness wasn't worth it. At least I'm cured"

OooSicko November 8, 2016