User Reviews for Flagyl to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

Flagyl has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection. 43% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Flagyl Rating Summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 43 medications used in the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection.

Reviews for Flagyl

indigogirl · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2019

“I can't believe the complaints on here for a antibiotic that is going to heal your infection. I am on Tetracycline, Flagyl, Bismuth and Lansaprazole, I hope you all feel better. Drink lots of water and eat before you take this antibiotic. Love and Light”

Traude · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2014

“Most horrible side effects: Bitter taste in mouth even hours after administration, balance problems, confusion, surroundings seem unreal, like walking in a dream ( not a good one) concentration problems, general malaise, not able to eat anything but oatmeal and mashed potatoes. Extreme weight loss. Had to stop after 11 doses. Stomach worse then before. I have to add that I also had Amoxicillin and Protonix at the same time, maybe the combination was at fault for this extreme reaction.”

Gassy · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2016

“I had a Duodenal Switch (a major weight loss surgery combining the vertical sleeve with rearranging one's intestines to minimize fat absorption) 9 yrs ago. Since then I've had probs with gas and a stomach ulcer, both caused by H Pylori. I've taken Flagyl twice. I am now on Day 5 of this round, & I don't experience most of the side effects I see described. (250 mg 3X per day) While the pill doesn't "taste" great, there are other meds that also don't, and I find this no more severe than those. I don't have a lingering bad taste. I've had no diarrhea and have had more regular bowel movements. I've had almost no gas. My pain is gone. I don't feel sick. I am grateful for this drug!”

Bob · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2019

“The side effects from flagyl have been worse than my original symptoms of H pylori. Explosive diarrhea, bloating, loss of appetite, urgency and general discomfort. I have two days left of a 10 day/ 3 times a day cycle. I cannot wait for it to be over. Don't take this stuff unless you have to. It has been hard.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2017

“I am now on day 7 of a 14. I'm on Metronidazole, Omeprazole & clarithromycin. I have had H-pylori 3 times with in a year. The treatment for me has been awful. The dosage was tripled and it has given me nausea, bloating, foggy memory, a white film on my tongue & fatigue. The metallic taste last all day. The thing that you need to be aware of is if you continue to get H-pylori like I have, it can be a precursor to stomach cancer. After this round of treatment I have taken the steps to see a gastroenterologist, to insist that he does an endoscopy, to ensure me that there isn't anything for me to be concerned with at this time. It's a very scary feeling to have gotten this infection at least 3 times within a year.”

DoxieMom October 30, 2019

“I'm on day three out of 1t day of taking a three tier medication schedule for h pylori, metronidazole, erythromyacin, and omeperazole. My doc suggested that I take one of the antibiotics, eat something, wait an hour, then take the second one. So far I’ve had no bad side effects, only a bad taste in my mouth.”

Cc August 20, 2020

“Amoxicillin always was so hard on my stomach my stomach - more than h.pylori. A family member told me to get over it because they were an army med. do not get over it. The metronidazole shouldn’t make you feel this way and is truly the cure.”

Stargazer 2222 · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2021

“One of the worst meds I've ever had the misfortune to use. In addition to making me feel continuously nauseous, it affects the saliva in your mouth. Your saliva is as if you have chewed on the most possible bitter thing you can think of. Saliva is bitter 24/7 which in turn causes what little food you can tolerate taste wretched. Dosage was three times a day for 14 days. After day 7 days I reduced it to twice a day, which has helped the symptoms of nausea and bitter saliva a little, which is better than nothing. Otherwise I would have stopped taking it all together. I'm depending on the Clarithromyacin to pick up the slack.”

Tiger · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2021

“I have taken this medicine 3 times this year I took it in late July and did ok with it. Not even a week later I had a rash went to the doctor it was shingles. Took it again in early October 250mg 4 times a day. I thought I was going to die. Very moody trouble remembering things rapid heart rate my blood sugar dropped one evening and I’m not a diabetic. My skin felt like it was crawling I stopped taking it on Wednesday night woke up Thursday morning with yet another rash and yet again SHINGLES! I will never take this medicine again”

Frank February 16, 2021

“Metronidazole is dangerous drug and lots people having strange reactions to it”

Learn more about Helicobacter Pylori Infection