User Reviews for Flagyl

Reviews for Flagyl to treat Giardiasis

"After many weeks of diarrhea, no appetite, crappy stomach feelings I went to the doctor to see if I might have Giardia, turns out from stool tests I have something called Blastocystis homini. Well Flagyl is also prescribed for this as well as Giardia...so I'm taking 500mg / 3 times a day for 10 days. I luckily haven't had to take any medicine for years and I have to say, this stuff reaally sucks. If you are feeling crappy while on this you are not the only one. I'm now on the 7th day and really looking forward to being done. Feeling like I can't function / think straight / general listlessness and anxiety like others say is my experience. Doesn't help that I'm generally paranoid about drugs...symptoms of the bug don't seem to be improving."

Caius (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2015

"I took Flagyl and Cipro for giardia and salmonella diagnosis. Both taken for one week. The Flagyl has a terrible taste and you have to drink something besides water while you are taking it because everything tastes metallic. It works to eradicate the infection but I was very happy when the seven days of treatment was over. I also experienced lack of appetite however you must eat something when you take Flagyl or it will upset your stomach. Other side effects experienced: bloating, burping, hiccups, terrible taste in my mouth all the time, lack of energy. But the need for the medication outweighs the side effects and it took care of the infection."

Anonymous NY (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2013