What's the difference between Xhance and Flonase Allergy Relief?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Oct 15, 2018.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Flonase Allergy Relief (fluticasone propionate) nasal spray, 50 mcg, is a nonprescription (over-the-counter) corticosteroid agent used to treat nasal congestion, sneezing, runny nose, and itchy or watery eyes caused by seasonal or year-round allergies in adults and children who are at least 4 years old.
Xhance uses an innovative approach to drug delivery in the nose. It is designed to deliver medicine to targeted areas deep in the nose by using an Exhalation Delivery System (EDS), a novel approach. Xhance is delivered into the nose by actuating the pump spray into one nostril while simultaneously blowing into the mouthpiece of the device. A generic substitute for Xhance is not yet available.
The Flonase brand prescription product has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available in the U.S. Generic prescription fluticasone nasal spray for allergy symptoms is still available. The delivery device for Flonase Allergy Relief and the generic prescription product is a metered, atomizing nasal spray pump.
See also: Flonase: Avoid These Top 9 Mistakes
Related Medical Questions
- Is Flonase Sensimist the same as Veramyst?
- Flonase vs Nasacort: What is the difference?
- Flonase vs Nasonex: What's the difference?
- How much Benadryl can I give my dog?
- Can I take Claritin with Mucinex DM?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- If people are allergic to amoxicillin can they take cephalexin?