Is Flonase Sensimist the same as Veramyst?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Jul 6, 2018.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Flonase Sensimist (generic name: fluticasone furoate) Allergy Relief is the over-the-counter (OTC) version of prescription Veramyst. Flonase Sensimist contains the same active ingredient and is the same strength as Veramyst.
Both products contain fluticasone furoate, a corticosteroid nasal spray used for the treatment of symptoms associated with seasonal and year-round allergies.
Fluticasone furoate is usually dosed as 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril once a day, depending upon age and symptom severity.
Related Medical Questions
- Flonase vs Nasacort: What is the difference?
- Flonase vs Nasonex: What's the difference?
- What's the difference between Xhance and Flonase Allergy Relief?
- Zyrtec vs Claritin: What's the difference?
- Allegra vs Claritin: What's the Difference?
- How do you take Odactra?
- Is Xyzal available over-the-counter?