User Reviews for Flonase Sensimist

Flonase Sensimist has an average rating of 3.3 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings on Drugs.com. 11% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 67% reported a negative experience.

Allergic Rhinitis
2.5
Rhinitis
10.0

LinnieB · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 7, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "Used regular Flonase on and off for about a year. Caused bad side effects. Most notably cold sores. Huge oozy lip cold sores. As soon as one cleared up I'd get another. Weight gain all around my face and my stomach area. Sleeplessness. Also felt terrible dryness and rawness in my throat. Bloody nose all the time. The bad running faucet kind that happens in the middle of a nice dinner out or while hiking. Switched to Sensimist. Did great for about three days then same exact side effects. Dry throat, sores on mouth, bloody nose. Weight gain...ten lbs immediately. It works but the side effects are awful. Won't use again. I gave it away to a family member who seems to do well on it. I'll just use the neti pot and take Benadryl when needed. Sad. I wish they'd bring back Drixoral!"

nyzki · March 30, 2018

For Rhinitis "I suffer from COPD, which also involves a constantly runny nose. I also suffer from seasonal allergies which make things worse with the sneezing & watering eyes. I have tried various allergy medicines in pill form. Only to have unwanted side affects even in the non drowsy form. My pulmonologist made a suggestion of trying a nasal spray. So I purchased some Flonase and after reading the information on its use, I tried it. OH BOY What a difference, my nose is not running breathing is clear and free. I am a very happy person , who is not suffering anymore. This a great product and one that I will be using from now on. I can now enjoy the Spring without the allergies."

AutymnWillow · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 14, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have been using Flonase off and on for years. The reason I kept going off because something just didn't seem right. It works, but the side effects are horrible for me. I have been having horrible pain in my back and legs. I decided to try an experiment. I went off the Flonase for a week and the pain had subsided. However; due to having vertigo and very severe allergies, my doctor wanted me on it so I went back on and sure enough the excruciating pain in my back and legs came back. As of tonight, I am going off of it again to see if the pain stops. If it does, I will be talking to my doctor about doing something else because it can't be a coincidence for me that this is happening. Everyone's body is different so Flonase may not be good for me as I am super sensitive to any type of medicine."

Hopeless · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 23, 2022

For Allergic Rhinitis "Took flonase and xyzal for allergies for three months or so. Started to feel dizzy and jittery on them so I went off of them. Now I'm convinced I'm dying. I'm in good shape, exercise 6 days a week, 19% +/- body fat. It's been 9 days since I stopped. Dizziness, weird feelings in my chest, and unspeakable panic are my symptoms. I've gone to urgent care, BP was 130/80 in a full panic, EKG was normal. Dr said I should "talk to somebody". That was two days ago. My wife found a Gaba supplement that's supposed to help and it seemed like it was until today. I stopped taking it because I seemed to be feeling better. Big mistake. Anyway I just took it about an hour ago and seem to be improving again. I've also continued exercising through it, because although it's scary and I'm dizzy I'm hoping it'll help clear everything out faster? That's probably not even a thing. Anyway if I survive this I'll GLADLY HAVE ALLERGIES INSTEAD."

birdie · Taken for less than 1 month · December 6, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "My ENT advised me to use this product. My experience is that I have paid from $13.99 to $28.99 for the same size. Another thing is that it doesn't seem to spray the same every time. Sometimes I don't think anything comes out of the nozzle."

Momdad53 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 12, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis "I went to a new allergy dr. and she had me stop all of my allergy meds for 7 days before my first office visit, I did as requested and with draw them all. She had me start taking flonase sensimist one dose in the morning. After a months use I was over welmed by the drainage in my throat,t he smell of my morning coffee and the smell of grease on french fries. They all have a nasty bug taste, like when we were kids riding our bike and that bug flys in our mouth, YUCK. I have stopped using this product but its a slow move forward to regain my smell and the mucus in the am."

anyone · Taken for 2 to 5 years · September 4, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "This spray works fine, however something massive changed about it - the 120 spray used to be 0.54ML and it is now 0.31ML, same amount of sprays but much less product (about same size as 60 sprays, which for some reason did NOT change! Watch out, they're giving you a lot less now!!!"

Stuffy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 26, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "This worked great on my sinus problems, however, it caused such horrible back pain that I had to quit taking it."

1988 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 23, 2022

For Allergic Rhinitis "This actually made my allergies WORSE; runny nose for 7-8 hours after a dose! Today's date- 8/23/22 Flonase Sensimist #0140592 EXP Oct 2024... Lot 3G8B"