Is Xyzal available over-the-counter?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Jun 25, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Yes, Xyzal Allergy 24HR is available without a prescription as an over-the-counter (OTC) product for treatment of symptoms due to seasonal and year-round allergies.
Xyzal from Sanofi, contains levocetirizine, an antihistamine previously only available with a prescription. Two formulations of OTC Xyzal are now approved -- 5 mg tablets for ages 6 years and older, as well as 0.5 mg/mL oral solution for ages 2 years and older.
Related Medical Questions
- How much Benadryl can I give my dog?
- Can I take Claritin with Mucinex DM?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- If people are allergic to amoxicillin can they take cephalexin?
- What's the difference between Xhance and Flonase Allergy Relief?
- Why are my nipples sore? 7 possible causes...
- What is the best way to reduce swelling in your face?
- Xyzal Information for Consumers
- Xyzal Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Xyzal (detailed)