User Reviews for Xyzal

Allergies 31 reviews 53 medications

7.9
Summary of Xyzal reviews 84 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Xyzal

For Allergies "I suffer from severe allergies & thought I would try something new, I have taken this going on 2 weeks and all I feel is tired and sleepy- placebo medication?"

placebo1 March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "This medication did not seem to work any better than others I have taken, but it has made me extremely drowsy. I was not feeling well when I started taking it, so it took me a full week to figure out the XYZAL was making me so tired. I do not recommend this drug if you are susceptible to drowsiness side effects. Since it is sold in a 24-hour pill, I'm stuck being sleepy for a long time until this pill is out of my system."

StephenIsMyNickname (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "Following the insertion of two stents to treat a serious occlusion of the arteries, I was prescribed the usual cardiac drugs plus omeprozole, and a year or so later Lasix to counteract the usual old age swelling of the prostate. Since taking these drugs I have developed urticaria. The dermatologist prescribed Xozal and a cream for 30 days which was 100% successful with the urticaria. I believe that one of the aforementioned drugs that I mentioned was responsible for the urticaria. After a couple of weeks without the Xozal & the cream, the urticaria returned. Using the cream on its own does not stop the urticaria, but the Xozal alone is 95% effective. I now need to check with the urologist about long term use of Xozal."

Sospiri775 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Really tired and sleepy throughout the day. I take medicine. In the evening."

Sugga February 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "I was prescribed this drug when it was first introduced over 10 years ago by sanofi- Aventis,or ucb pharma. I was havening severe reactions to , indoor and outdoor allergies. dust mites, certain soaps, and food allergies. For the longest time I had to be very careful what I could eat. This product changed my life style and how I was living. By far the best allergy medicine out there, and I have taken them all. Yes it is expensive, but worth it. I have been taking 5 milligrams a day for over 10 years now, and it still works. Generic doesn't work. It's not the same. Xyzal is the best."

matty cakes October 28, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "I've only taken Xyzal for allergies, twice. The first time I took 1 5 mg pill at 1700 hrs and by 2000 hrs, I was completely knocked out, as if I just had a meeting with Bill Cosby, knocked out. According to my fitbit, I didn't move for 10 hours 15 min. During the first three hours of the experience, I felt everything pop in my head and loosen up, but as that was going on my stomach became upset. When I woke up in the morning it felt like it wore off. I've tried this medicine because Zyrtec cause mood swings that causes me to be the most unlikable person in my city and I live in DC. I tried the medicine with a 1/2 dose the second night with the same side affects and the same intensity, but without the benefits and those last 8 hrs."

MotuMan September 15, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "Been on it a week so far and hives finally gone after ten years of daily suffering n different meds!!!"

Violet2577 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "Really developed horrible allergies in last four years because of being over 40 living in terrible city for allergies. It really has been a game changer for me. It's strong enough that I often just use half a pill. I do think it's better than the OTC competition. No side effects for me."

NCResident (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "It's better than using nothing and provides a modicum of relief. The biggest problem is that it only lasts 8 hours. I have to use two back up antihistimines once the xyzal wears off."

Rose Fever Sneezer (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 13, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "Xyzal is one of the most effective antihistamines out there, IMO. It stops all my allergy symptoms from the first pill- I can feel my sinuses open up. It has gotten me through horrible seasons where the grasses I'm allergic to are rampant. The only downside for me is the major sedation. It is supposed to be non-sedating, but a few people will have issues with this. Curiously, I find the sedation to come on several hours after I take it, so I time that with bedtime. At first the sedation was so bad that it felt like I was going under anesthesia! My allergist told me she had the same issue, and had me cut the tablet in half to take the pediatric dose. That helped a lot, but I still time it for when it makes me tired."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "This medication has changed my son's life! He was always on multiple medications for asthma and allergies year round and nothing ever truly worked. This medicine is the only one he takes now and he is 100% symptom free of allergies, sinus issues, and asthma flare ups. Very grateful for this medication!"

Jnkc (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergic Rhinitis "My doctor prescribed xyzal after my regular allergy medicine became ineffective and I was continually getting sinus infections over a couple month span. I couldn't figure out why I was still showing allergy symptoms and continuing to get sinus infections while taking xyzal. I decided to stop taking the medication after reading some side effects included sinus pressure, stuffy nose, and cough. Within a few days of stopping the medication, my symptoms disappeared. I found it interesting that some of side effects I experienced was the reason I began taking this prescription in the first place."

allergiesarenofun (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "If ever there is an award for the most irritating/embarassing illness, urticaria would (must?) definitely be a contender. Diagnosed with chronic urticaria about a month ago, and suffered immensely (redundancy at play here :). Nothing really worked, until a dermatologist prescribed Xyzal about a week ago. Told to drop all forms of medication - anti-histamines and ALL supplements, among others - and just take Xyzal. Hives acted up on first two days but have been free (almost) of hives for five days. Early days, but keeping fingers crossed that this will be a permanent solution. Will update."

YusY September 2, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "I broke out in itchy red welts that the doctor first thought was insect bites. It continued even after I stayed indoors. I also have alopecia ariata which is auto immune. I took xyzal and after just 2 days, the itching and welts lessened and by day 5 I did not form any more welts."

patient 712 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "Before I started taking Xyzal I would get so stuffy at night in bed that I would have gladly had my entire nose and sinuses removed. It was that horrible. I would lock up so tight my ears would pop. Xyzal has been a miracle for me. No more stuffy nose at night. It works wonderfully. I would give up any of my other medications before I would my Xyzal. I tried all the other allergy medications but none helped. Xyzal is the very best!"

jangarrett71 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "Xyzal has helped keep the chronic sinus infections away while on a biologic for an autoimmune disorder! That's a miracle! I love xyzal. Some days I get sleepy so I take it @ night. Now if I can just get the autoimmune symptoms to go away id be kicking booty! Love xyzal for allergies!"

Dottie O. (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "Best pill EVER for fighting Allergies! Results have been Phenomenal!!!!"

DivaSupreme (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2015

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "I have debilitating seasonal allergies, to the point where my eyes swell up completely. Doctors kept saying take zyrtec, take claritin, nasonex, etc. Nothing made even a dent in the symptoms, even benadryl barely helped. When I was finally prescribed xyzal it completely changed allergy season for me. I feel like I have no allergies at all (almost a problem because I forget to take my meds). Anyone who is miserable during allergy season should seriously consider xyzal."

HappyCamper:) May 10, 2015

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "Great for chronic idiopathic urticaria"

ahmedss (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "This medication is excellent! I have had horrible angioedema (a type of urticaria where the hives form under the skin) since I was ten years old from an autoimmune disease and have gone through several different medications, but this once has worked the most effectively. And I can tell how well it works because when I forget to take it, the hives show up within about 12 hours after the missed dose and once I remember to take the missed dose, within about two hours, it feels as though I never had angioedema at all."

coriiic (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 9, 2014

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "Works great for me with no side effects......love it!"

Coats1210 February 7, 2014

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urticaria "Excellent!!"

Khrissy (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2013

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "WOW is all can say. This allergy medication works great. It's for 24 hour relief and I don't sneeze anymore. I have bad allergies to cats but I love them so much, except they almost caused an asthma attack because of my allergies, once I was prescribed Xyzal ALL the symptoms went away. This is like the miracle for allergy relief, it doesn't make me drowsy at all but it's different for each individual I guess. It stops your eye itching, nose dripping, sneezing and wheezing."

Baby115566 October 5, 2013

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "I used it for about two weeks and it didn't really help my allergies but it made me sick to my stomach and it felt like I had to throw up. I stopped taking it and I'm back to normal"

CW Programmer May 6, 2013

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Allergies "Over the past few years I have increasingly been plagued by debilitating allergies. I have gotten shots and taken Zyrtec, and other allergy meds daily without complete results. Xyzal was recently prescribed and I have had excellent results. I haven't felt this good in years (at the height of allergy season, too)."

Meroche May 2, 2013