User Reviews for Xyzal

5.3

Summary of Xyzal reviews 6.3 206 reviews

Reviews for Xyzal

Janee · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 13, 2019

For Urticaria "I decided to try Xyzal when I was unable to calm the itching I have. A full tablet seemed to really dry me out. I was thrilled to see the tablets are scored! The this means that it has the same dose on each side of the score. Much greater experience taking half. Lots of people don't know that is reason it is scored. Half a Xyzal helps so much! The cost is better when you have twice the dose in a bottle!! I'm really glad it's available."

JustMe · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

For Allergies "I just realized the reason for me being so sick. This medication "

Windsicle · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2019

For Urticaria "I have suffered from hives as well as intense itching without rash for 15+ years. It is getting worse with age (I'm 34). Touching random objects, anything laying on or against my extremities, heat, etc. Went to allergist finally as I thought I was having severe food allergies - they diagnosed me with urticaria, turns out I have no allergies, just 'reactions'. I told them antihistamines have never worked for me, but they said with this condition it may be needed up to 4 times a day. I started with zyrtec twice a day, which helped but I was too sleepy. I have been on 1.5 xyzal am, 1 pm for over a month now and am mostly itch free for the first time I can remember. Can't believe OTC medication was all I needed for this endless nightmare."

Melissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2019

For Allergies "For the last few months I have been experiencing horrible GI issues. Pain and pressure in the top center of my abdomen, bloating, fullness, no appetite, nausea, even joint pain and fatigue. I was thinking the worst, that I had developed some chronic condition and was going to be miserable forever. I had tried taking probiotics, acid reducers, gas relief, etc and nothing was working. Then I remembered I had started taking Xyzal about the time this started. I was taking half a pill at night , every night since February. I have stopped and all my symptoms went away. I can finally eat food and not want to die afterwards. Super effective for my allergies, but I would rather have a runny nose than go through what I have been."

Parv1 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 22, 2019

For Allergies "This was effective for me but also highly sedating and gave a Benadryl-like hangover in the morning even if taken in the evening. I did a lot of experimenting and found that if I use a pill splitter and take something like 1/8 or 1/10 of a tablet before bed the effectiveness is enough and the sedation is mild. My conclusion is that I’m really sensitive to this stuff and/or the drug has been dosed far too high by the manufacturer."

Cmg · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2019

For Allergies "Bought the Xyzal yesterday morning as I had ran out of my other allergy medication. Took ONE pill at 8am and was out cold and on the couch for the rest of the day. I am experiencing a loss of balance and can manage to stand up for a minutes, before I get really hot and nauseous. It's now been a little over 24 hours, I'm still on the couch, no balance, and feeling really fatigued. Will NOT take this again."

Nate June 15, 2019

For Allergies "I have battled with sinus issues for a very long time. Sinus infections were a yearly thing and I would get debilitated by awful sinus headaches that would cause me to have to be in a silent dark room. My doctor had prescribed Flonase and they didn't help. I have tried every over the counter medications with no help. Sudafed pain and pressure helped make the headaches go away but did nothing for the other conditions that sinus and allergies bring along. I work in a warehouse so I'm constantly exposed to the weather, dust and dirt. So I saw a commercial for xyzal. I figured I'd give it a try. Went and picked up a pack of it and it wasn't cheap. I instantly noticed a difference. Over time I didn't get the headaches I once did. If I did get a sinus infection I cleared it out in a third of the time I normally would. I went to my doctor to see if I could get it prescribed. That way my insurance would cover it. Sure enough he was able to and life has been more enjoyable since."

take HALF of the tiny tablet · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

For Allergies "What worked for me: - Take at least 10,11, or 12 HOURS BEFORE YOU NEED TO WAKE UP - Take HALF of the tiny tablet if you are small - Drink TONS of water during the day My lungs couldn't take the pollinated air this season. It's been months of scratchy lungs, impossible to take deep breaths, have lost my voice twice, often couldn't talk without being overwhelmed with coughing fits, scratchy throat, and watery eyes. I took a whole (tiny) tablet one night - it was too much; didn't like how I felt the next day. About a week later, I read this site and saw that someone took a HALF dose, so I tried it. (I am a smaller person.) Been taking half doses for 5 nights now and seems to help significantly with my breathing for the most part, though my body feels a little swollen (female) and my eyes are still mildly watery times. It's a HUGE relief to be breathing freely and to have the increased energy due to the increased amount of oxygen I am finally receiving."

sadtiredanxious · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2019

For Allergies "I got insanely dizzy (where I couldn't walk in a straight line for much of the day), had horrible anxiety and depression, and couldn't sleep at night. I would wake up several times a night having intense panic attacks, and during the day would feel unreal (zombie-like and insane headaches). It did what it was supposed to and kept my rash under control, but was not really worth the side effects."

Beena · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2019

For Allergies "My seasonal allergies just started this week due to high pollen count. I was very hopeful for the 24 hr relieve promised by Xyzal, especially because it is taken in the evening, I thought the main "drowsy" effect would be limited to the night time. I was wrong! I woke up feeling terrible, could barely wake up and had to drag through a fog all day at work. Not for me unfortunately! I guess back to non-drowsy claritin."

Stampinmom · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2019

For Allergies "This was recommended to me by a friend who has great success with it. I took just 2 pills. One Wednesday night and one Thursday night before bed. Within 20 minutes of taking Xyzal, my skin got beat red and I developed a fever! The first night I slept weird but I slept. My cough is about gone and just a little congested. The pill works for that. The 2nd night I slept right through the alarm until 11 am! Needless to say, I missed work. Now I am left with side effects of bloody diarrhea, hives, fever, lightheaded to about passing out. I did not take a 3rd dose last night and hoping the rest passes out of my body quickly. I do not recommend."

kathy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 31, 2019

For Allergies "Virtually every other allergy medicine doesn't work at all on me. I get severely itchy eyes and nasal congestion, so bad I have to take off work because I cannot function, Xyzal is the only medicine that works for me."

Judyhoo · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2019

For Allergies "Xyzal is very effective for allergies, but caused me horrible insomnia. Tossed and turned several nights in a row. Very disappointed."

Paulie March 5, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have been on Xyzal for a few years now for seasonal allergies. I am on the 5mg dosage. I take at night 20 mins before I go to bed and I sleep like a baby. When I wake, I have allergy relief all day: no runny nose, itchy eyes, sneezing and hives during ragweed season. When my allergies are not bad.... I cut back to a half pill and it keeps my sinuses clear and if I come across a friend’s dog or cat, the small dose in my system keeps me in good shape in those situations too. It definitely works for me. The only cons for me are: sometimes a dry mouth and it will make you sleepy if you take during the day."

Starly · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2019

For Allergies "I tried Xyzal and it wipes me out for a few days. The first two days I could hardly stay awake and slept most of it. The third day I still felt tired and cloudy but didn't nap as much (still a lot). It helped with allergies but I can't be a zombie for days. I tried it a few times and each time was the same. I suggest that you make sure you have a few days that you're not expected to work or drive before you take it the first time so you know how it affects you. Back to Allegra for me."

Zennjenn · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2019

For Allergies "I took xyzal last night for the first time. I have awoken with the left side of my nasal passages blocked and a head ache that feels like a benzo hangover. If I'm going to feel this way the morning after, I better have had fun the night before. 1/10 I will never take this again even though it was free."

Bujimbone · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have severe sinusitus and take Allegra D and Zyrtec. I wake up every night not being able to breath or sleep. So I figured I’d try Zyzal it helped ease the breathing a little the first tine I tried it but I still woken at 4:30am and the next day I took it couldn’t breath and woke at 2am. Nose still full of mucus, sneezing like crazy. This product didn’t work for me"

Anonymous November 17, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Works ,but makes me feel sedated feeling the next day"

GIORGIO · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2018

For Allergies "Not only do I have allergies, but I also have asthma and chronic sinusitus, along with occasional nasal polyps. In addition, I have had a chronic cough for three years, which doctors could not, or would not, help me with. They had no answers. I took XYZAL, and lo and behold, the chronic cough has been drastically reduced! I hope it lasts; I've become reluctant to go shopping or even to church b/c of the persistent cough. I know it's not for a cough, but it has certainly helped mine!! This remedy is now OTC so I won't have to plead my case to the doctor."

1Jessicab · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Although the 2 days I took the medication for allergies ( which it worked great for) , I couldn’t deal with the mental and emotional side effects it caused. The medication caused me to be mean and angry, and extremely depressed. I cried on and off the entire second day. Fortunately I was quick to recognize that these feeling were caused by the medication and after the second day off of it I was fine."

Tom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 30, 2018

For Allergies "It worked great for me. I get hives and become really itchy near dust. I thought everyone was itchy all the time but it turns out it wasn't normal. The doctor said to take this. It hasn't made me tired or have any mood changes. Though there are barely any medicines that do make me drowsy."

J Hopkins · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 22, 2018

For Allergies "I really like xyzal, it works quick. It's a little strong for me so I take half a pill and it does it's job."

Jenzy · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I took this 19 hours ago. I’m still too sedated to safely drive and too unsteady to stand in the shower. Plus my eyes are itching from allergy. This stuff should be pulled off the market immediately!"

Mel · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 9, 2018

For Allergies "I am so careful about meds and always I am cautious about side affects. I am feeling really stupid right now. I gave this a try as nothing else really has helped me with me severe allergies. It was amazing from the start and I have had almost total relief. I take it daily, every morning to stop the inevitable from starting. I wish I had looked into the side affects long ago. After 6 months of completely debilitating exhaustion, fatigue, mood swings, and daily diarrhea I now realize my problem. I have been checked out head to toe by a doctor, blood work done and we were left with no answers until now. I guess miserable allergies, sneezing and coughing are my trade off. Is there nothing put put by big pharma that won't cause more problems and anal leakage? I'm serious, this sucks."

Idntbelievetht September 6, 2018

For Allergies "The very first day I took this medicine it felt like someone was squeezing my brain. I don't know if my sinuses were that bad or this medicine was a contributor. After reading these reviews I would not buy or use this product again and plus it's way to expensive. I wish I could have given it a 0 rating because a 1 is way more than what they deserve!"