User Reviews for Xyzal

Allergies 28 reviews 52 medications

8.1
Summary of Xyzal reviews 78 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Xyzal

For Urticaria "Been on it a week so far and hives finally gone after ten years of daily suffering n different meds!!!"

Violet2577 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "Really developed horrible allergies in last four years because of being over 40 living in terrible city for allergies. It really has been a game changer for me. It's strong enough that I often just use half a pill. I do think it's better than the OTC competition. No side effects for me."

NCResident (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2016

For Allergies "It's better than using nothing and provides a modicum of relief. The biggest problem is that it only lasts 8 hours. I have to use two back up antihistimines once the xyzal wears off."

Rose Fever Sneezer (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 13, 2016

For Allergies "Xyzal is one of the most effective antihistamines out there, IMO. It stops all my allergy symptoms from the first pill- I can feel my sinuses open up. It has gotten me through horrible seasons where the grasses I'm allergic to are rampant. The only downside for me is the major sedation. It is supposed to be non-sedating, but a few people will have issues with this. Curiously, I find the sedation to come on several hours after I take it, so I time that with bedtime. At first the sedation was so bad that it felt like I was going under anesthesia! My allergist told me she had the same issue, and had me cut the tablet in half to take the pediatric dose. That helped a lot, but I still time it for when it makes me tired."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "This medication has changed my son's life! He was always on multiple medications for asthma and allergies year round and nothing ever truly worked. This medicine is the only one he takes now and he is 100% symptom free of allergies, sinus issues, and asthma flare ups. Very grateful for this medication!"

Jnkc (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "My doctor prescribed xyzal after my regular allergy medicine became ineffective and I was continually getting sinus infections over a couple month span. I couldn't figure out why I was still showing allergy symptoms and continuing to get sinus infections while taking xyzal. I decided to stop taking the medication after reading some side effects included sinus pressure, stuffy nose, and cough. Within a few days of stopping the medication, my symptoms disappeared. I found it interesting that some of side effects I experienced was the reason I began taking this prescription in the first place."

allergiesarenofun (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

For Urticaria "If ever there is an award for the most irritating/embarassing illness, urticaria would (must?) definitely be a contender. Diagnosed with chronic urticaria about a month ago, and suffered immensely (redundancy at play here :). Nothing really worked, until a dermatologist prescribed Xyzal about a week ago. Told to drop all forms of medication - anti-histamines and ALL supplements, among others - and just take Xyzal. Hives acted up on first two days but have been free (almost) of hives for five days. Early days, but keeping fingers crossed that this will be a permanent solution. Will update."

YusY September 2, 2015

For Urticaria "I broke out in itchy red welts that the doctor first thought was insect bites. It continued even after I stayed indoors. I also have alopecia ariata which is auto immune. I took xyzal and after just 2 days, the itching and welts lessened and by day 5 I did not form any more welts."

patient 712 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2015

For Allergies "Before I started taking Xyzal I would get so stuffy at night in bed that I would have gladly had my entire nose and sinuses removed. It was that horrible. I would lock up so tight my ears would pop. Xyzal has been a miracle for me. No more stuffy nose at night. It works wonderfully. I would give up any of my other medications before I would my Xyzal. I tried all the other allergy medications but none helped. Xyzal is the very best!"

jangarrett71 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2015

For Allergies "Xyzal has helped keep the chronic sinus infections away while on a biologic for an autoimmune disorder! That's a miracle! I love xyzal. Some days I get sleepy so I take it @ night. Now if I can just get the autoimmune symptoms to go away id be kicking booty! Love xyzal for allergies!"

Dottie O. (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2015

For Allergies "Best pill EVER for fighting Allergies! Results have been Phenomenal!!!!"

DivaSupreme (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2015

For Allergies "I have debilitating seasonal allergies, to the point where my eyes swell up completely. Doctors kept saying take zyrtec, take claritin, nasonex, etc. Nothing made even a dent in the symptoms, even benadryl barely helped. When I was finally prescribed xyzal it completely changed allergy season for me. I feel like I have no allergies at all (almost a problem because I forget to take my meds). Anyone who is miserable during allergy season should seriously consider xyzal."

HappyCamper:) May 10, 2015

For Urticaria "Great for chronic idiopathic urticaria"

ahmedss (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2015

For Urticaria "This medication is excellent! I have had horrible angioedema (a type of urticaria where the hives form under the skin) since I was ten years old from an autoimmune disease and have gone through several different medications, but this once has worked the most effectively. And I can tell how well it works because when I forget to take it, the hives show up within about 12 hours after the missed dose and once I remember to take the missed dose, within about two hours, it feels as though I never had angioedema at all."

coriiic (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 9, 2014

For Allergies "Works great for me with no side effects......love it!"

Coats1210 February 7, 2014

For Urticaria "Excellent!!"

Khrissy (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2013

For Allergies "WOW is all can say. This allergy medication works great. It's for 24 hour relief and I don't sneeze anymore. I have bad allergies to cats but I love them so much, except they almost caused an asthma attack because of my allergies, once I was prescribed Xyzal ALL the symptoms went away. This is like the miracle for allergy relief, it doesn't make me drowsy at all but it's different for each individual I guess. It stops your eye itching, nose dripping, sneezing and wheezing."

Baby115566 October 5, 2013

For Allergies "I used it for about two weeks and it didn't really help my allergies but it made me sick to my stomach and it felt like I had to throw up. I stopped taking it and I'm back to normal"

CW Programmer May 6, 2013

For Allergies "Over the past few years I have increasingly been plagued by debilitating allergies. I have gotten shots and taken Zyrtec, and other allergy meds daily without complete results. Xyzal was recently prescribed and I have had excellent results. I haven't felt this good in years (at the height of allergy season, too)."

Meroche May 2, 2013

For Allergies "After taking Xyzal for only 3 weeks, my quality of life has vastly improved. The first 2 days I felt a little sleepy. The only symptom I still have is a runny nose in the morning, but it goes away after several hours. I took Zyrtec D for over a decade while living in Los Angeles and my allergy symptoms were controlled, but some days I could barely speak because my mouth and throat were simply too dry. After moving to Arizona, Zyrtec D was failing to control my allergy symptoms and I was dry everywhere. My skin itched, my eyes and ears itched and hurt. I tried both Claritin D and Allegra D which provided little to no relief."

Sun City Bruin March 19, 2013

For Urticaria "Hives and itchy skin and very bad hand itch that cased to to scratch. I used to get them every other day for 2-3 hours I used to lock myself in the room and itch and itch and itch then. I was told about Xyzal from my father-in-law. Life is so good with Xyzal. I only wish this medicine is known to more people who suffer from itch and hives that make life so painful. But when Medicine like Xyzal is created. It's very good medicine that can cure allergies or itchy skin. I just take one tablet every 2 days and sleep like baby and feel the best next mooring."

Anonymous December 4, 2012

For Urticaria "I have had hives my entire life. I finally saw an allergist and he did tests. He took me off of all medicines and put me on Xyzal. I took the Xyzal three times and I have not had a hive since. Seriously. I had my first hives at 4 months and had hives everyday for forty six years. I do not know what Xyzal did but it fixed me. I stopped taking Claritin and Benadryl and Zyrtec. Took Xyzal for three days. It made me VERY sleepy. I can't even take a normal Benadryl dose without falling asleep, though. I had to take liquid Benadryl, one teaspoon, if I wanted to stay awake. I slept twelve hours with my first dose of Xyzal and about 8 hours with the two successive doses. Then, I never had a hive again."

Anonymous August 25, 2011

For Allergies "I had been taking Allegra and Nasonex for years, but still did not have good control over my allergies and asthma. I used Benadryl as needed when my two prescription medicines were not enough. The pulmonologist told me that Benadryl has an intense drying effect in your body and that it makes your mucous more viscous (thicker). Within 2 days of starting Xyzal (and stopping Benadryl), I definitely had thinned mucous and my skin was much less dry. My asthma was much better controlled and I had less sensitivity to environmental triggers. Unfortunately, I also started experiencing moderate-to-severe headaches along with a feeling of depression/anxiety. Without Xyzal, I get pneumonia.. with it, I feel crazy. Works, but bad side effects."

Anonymous August 6, 2011

For Urticaria "It has been 2 years since I've suffered with Chronic Hives. Like many on this board, nothing has worked. After a severe outbreak of hives, and a visit to my Doctor, he put me on Xyzal. I can say I'm about 95% hive free. I still have some hives but they're not as many or as large. It is very early with this treatment to say that it will continue this way. But, for the first time, I am hopeful. I will return to this forum to give updates."

Estelle A. February 23, 2011

For Urticaria "Works as well as Zyrtec but non-drowzy. I take Xyzal in the morning and Zyrtec in the evening for chronic idiopathic urticaria with angioedema."

beaglemasterSTL February 4, 2011