User Reviews for Xyzal

Learn more about Xyzal.

Xyzal Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 611 medications used in the treatment of Allergies.

Reviews for Xyzal to treat Allergies

"Extremely effective. I have had horrible allergies for years, and this was the only thing that worked for me. Make sure you take it an hour or so before you go to bed though, the drowsiness side effect is huge if you don't. After my allergies were under control, I was able to switch to half a pill and that helped with the morning grogginess a lot. But it gave me my health back, so I'm grateful!"

Krtu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I live in Central Texas where we have allergens year round. I have suffered from allergies all my life and eventually everything just stopped working, and nasal sprays made things worse. Xyzal has been amazing for me- I take it at night and have zero side effects (that I'm aware of!) It is TOTALLY worth trying if Claritin and Zyrtec don't work for you anymore."

C8 August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was looking around on these reviews to see if anyone else experienced weight gain. While the drug worked pretty well for my allergies (dairy consumption) I was shocked to see after a few days of taking it, I had ballooned up inexplicably. Yikes. Found one person who said they had also gained weight."

Lily2Susan (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have not experienced the side effects like others. It simply does absolutely nothing for my allergy symptoms."

Zizbrat (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor suggested this medication for allergies a few days ago. I was taking for two days and I was completed exhausted and wiped out both days (which never happens to me). So I decided to research it and saw that many people had a similar reaction. This was a significant reaction so be careful before you take it. I have now stopped."

QMCIII (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Kept my four year old up all night . She was miserable and whined all night. Do not use for children this has been awful. She finally got some rest at 10 am the next day."

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This has been one of the worst medications for allergies that I have ever taken. I took it around 5am in the morning and right now It's 6:45 pm. My nose has been draining since I took this medication and I'm more stuffed now than I've ever been. My eyes are watery and I'm sneezing something terrible. I do not recommend this medication. Save your money and try something else. By the way this was my 2nd time trying it just to see if I would have the same symptoms and I did."

kio (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel absolutely horrible. I ran out of Zyrtec, my son takes this so I figured I'd try it. On day two I feel a combination of having a concussion and a hangover all at one time. I'm fatigued, dizzy, and have a headache. This does not include the pressure I feel in my sinuses. I feel absolutely horrible. I'm done, I won't take this again. I'm honestly not even sure the FDA should have approved this drug."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine has severe side effects; that is, it causes irritability and tiredness. It does dry a person out, but the side effects necessitate cautionary awareness if you are going to drive or work with people. You have no patience. I do not recommend this product."

Fla Air (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I think I have chronic sinusitis, with allergy symptoms all day long, year round. Zyrtec used to help, but doesn't anymore. I thought that Xyzal was going to be the answer and it was until I started experiencing stomach aches that had no apparent cause in what I had eaten. Very reluctantly I stopped the Xyzal and the stomach aches stopped. But if you don't experience any of the side effects, then it works better than any other medication for allergies that I have ever taken!"

Tacman_Bill June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Heart racing, couldn't sleep, bad sweat, so weak,"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this three days ago and was up all night. I didn't make the connection as I had a cup of coffee later in the evening than I normally would. I took another Xyzal the following day. I still have not slept. I have been up for 3 nights!!! I have a heavy duty sleeping pill that I am going to take tonight and I'm hoping that will be the end of it. I can't imagine it would take longer than 72 hours to make its way out of my system. If you are someone who experiences these types symptoms with certain medications, avoid Xyzal."

Pauser (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

"Very helpful!!"

Men men (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The medicine turned me into a weight gaining zombie that didn't want to get out of bed. It controlled my allergies (no more so than zyrtec) and made me feel horrible."

Allergiesgalore (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The first 2 bottles I bought were amazing. I took them at night as indicated; slept well and no morning 'hangover' and best of all no allergy symptoms. The 3rd bottle however, feels as though I haven't taken anything. I have been taking medication from this bottle for approximately 2 weeks. Not sure if I got a bad batch or what. I will buy a smaller bottle next time just to make sure."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If you are looking to sleep night and day, this is a great sleeping pill, as far as allergies relief none, only very dry mouth and throat. Threw the whole bottle down the toilet"

Rury (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Found this medication to be completely ineffective in treating my allergy symptoms. Not only was I up urinating many times during the night but when I got out of bed my eyes were tearing, my sinuses were swollen and I was very drowsy. I believe this drug to be just another heavily promoted batch of promises that simply does not deliver. And yes..this stuff is not inexpensive to say the least. Save your money and just buy the home brand of antihistamine."

Raybonotics June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Xyzal for about a week now and it appears to have made an improvement concerning my allergies; however, I am feeling overly tired."

Arycaj June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This absolutely, positively does not work. Stick with Zyrtec D or Benadryl if you don't want to shove out the money for Zyrtec."

A complete waste June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Kept me up, maniacally freaking out, until 4 am. Followed by extreme nightmares and tossing and turning. My head felt like it was going to explode. I literally almost went to the hospital. Terrifying. "

WIRED FOR SOUND (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My allergies are terrible, it doesn't matter the season. I have tried Claritin, Zyrtec, you name it I've tried it for my allergies. I finally came sleep at night and wake up without an itchy throat. No more constant sneezing, coughing. I can finally go outside and enjoy the spring time. I have read other reviews of people being tired the next day and I haven't experienced that."

Kayjohn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"BAD EXPERIENCE FOR ME. First side effect was tired. Turned into totally wiped out. Lack of energy, feeling sore, then the sore throat! This drug kicked my butt. It's not for me, I want to be outside active.. This drug will keep you on your sofa..... I'm going back to my old faithful. I tried this because of the coupons."

Traope (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Most allergy medicines have not helped me at all. I decided to try xyzal. I could tell a difference after the first dose. It doesn't make me tired like benadryl, so I guess it depends on the person. And since everyone is different, I don't understand why people say not to waste money on this product. Just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it won't work for others."

Wolfpup003 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I have terrible allergies, which most people on here say they do. I typically use Claritin and Zyrtec. I switch the 2 every other month. Also I use allergy shots. (3 shots every time, which sucks!) Some co-workers of mine mentioned using Xyzal and having good experiences so I decided to try it out. I decided to get the 10 pack first just to try it out since it's so expensive. As far as helping my allergies... the medicine has helped me a lot. The downside is it makes me extremely tired. Basically I better be ready for bed soon after taking it. But I having had any grogginess the next morning. I just wake up feeling really good. But keep in mind, what works for me may or may not work for you. Benedryl and Allegra does nothing for me."

Trlawson87 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I tried xyzal for the first time and it bottomed out my blood pressure and made me weak and almost fainting. I can't take it at all. anyone else who had the same reaction?"

maureen2008 May 26, 2017