User Reviews for Xyzal

Learn more about Xyzal.

Xyzal Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 590 medications used in the treatment of Allergies.

Reviews for Xyzal to treat Allergies

"This is the worst allergy medication I have ever tried. It did not help with any of the symptoms listed on the box. Not only did it not help with what I took it for, it also made me unbelievably tired. I felt like I had taken some sleeping pills. Do not waste your money on this product."

Kaidye April 25, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Didn't help at all against my allergy symptoms (sneezing, runny nose, itching & watering eyes)."

Desert Dweller April 21, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My vision is so bad that I could not read the warnings on the box. I bought one bottle for home and one for work. Big mistake. 1. It does not ease any of my allergy symptoms which include cough, runny nose and runny eyes. 2. It makes me feel stoned. 3. I've had pretty serious body aches since I started taking it. Based on a few of the reviews here, I think it must be related. I am going to go cold turkey. It can't be worse than this stuff. Does ANYTHING work for allergies? I will be moving to the desert soon. Finger crossed!"

Chimom68 April 19, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine made me feel a million times worse than without any allergy medicine at all. It felt like I was having a severe allergic reaction to Xyzal which is supposed to help alleviate allergy symtoms, not cause more severe symptoms. I really hope it didn't cause any long-term harm."

Les miserable (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Awful! I feel like I've had a flu for days... I've been vomiting, dizzy, shaky, run down, not been able to sleep, and had a sore throat since I started taking this. It is NOT worth all the side effects!"

SmcCauleyyy April 18, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My allergies are the worst in the morning and this medication directs it be taken at night. I've tried that several times and it is no help whatsoever. Just before writing this I had to take Benedryl even though I took this medication last night. Very disappointed in this product! The couple of times my allergies kicked up at night and I took it this product did not help at all. That said everyone is different and I guess if you want to try it and see if it works for you go ahead. But if your allergies are bad in the morning it will not help at all."

Michele the Matchmaker (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Took this for seasonal allergies. Knocked out cold for 9 hours, woke up feeling hungover. Went out with family for breakfast, came back home and slept 5 more hours. Awful! I don't know how people could function taking this regularly."

MeghanRN April 16, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The drug seems to work but it made me so dopey and sleepy that I couldn't take it. It made me feel like I was on actual drugs. Disappointing."

Maureen12345 April 11, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I tried this medication as I needed a good allergy med and it knocked me out for 15 hours - like a drugged knock out. I couldn't get off the bed to go to the bathroom even. It was horrible. I didn't move for 15 hours then when it finally started to wear off, I hurt all over. Finally, after 36 hours I'm starting to feel normal again. Never again! This stuff is nasty!"

Tigger2055 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking xyzal now for 10 days. The first couple of days I thought I had finally found the answer to my chronic cough and allergy symptoms. It helped me to sleep through the night without coughing and most of the day. By about the fifth or sixth day I started having severe muscle aches and joint pain over my entire body. My mother is 88 years old and I feel like how she describes her body pain. The last few days I have been trying to decide if its worth the pain and fatigue until this morning on the 10th day. On top of the joint pain, muscle aches, tiredness, oh and crazy vivid dreams, I felt myself wanting to cry several times today. thats just not me. I'm done!!!"

Female 62 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was waste of my money didn't last as long as they said it did."

Kittylove71 April 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medication is incredible. It has changed my life. I use to sniffle and have a consistent stream of mucus flowing from my nose due to environmental allergies. This has completely changed how I feel. No more itchy red watery eyes, mucus, or overall discomfort. I can work without a tissue box nearby! If you have terrible allergies I do think it's worth a shot. Also I do advise you to take it in the evening as it might make you drowsy. The medication states it works for 24 hours but realistically it's about 18-20 hours."

Shibaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Shortly after taking Xyzal because I wanted to try a different allergy pill than Zertec. My throat and nose and eyes began to itch and burn really bad and I think its because of the Lactose Monohydrate ingredient but its not for me at all!"

Cap K (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I suffer from severe allergies & thought I would try something new, I have taken this going on 2 weeks and all I feel is tired and sleepy- placebo medication?"

placebo1 March 29, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this drug when it was first introduced over 10 years ago by sanofi- Aventis,or ucb pharma. I was havening severe reactions to , indoor and outdoor allergies. dust mites, certain soaps, and food allergies. For the longest time I had to be very careful what I could eat. This product changed my life style and how I was living. By far the best allergy medicine out there, and I have taken them all. Yes it is expensive, but worth it. I have been taking 5 milligrams a day for over 10 years now, and it still works. Generic doesn't work. It's not the same. Xyzal is the best."

matty cakes October 28, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've only taken Xyzal for allergies, twice. The first time I took 1 5 mg pill at 1700 hrs and by 2000 hrs, I was completely knocked out, as if I just had a meeting with Bill Cosby, knocked out. According to my fitbit, I didn't move for 10 hours 15 min. During the first three hours of the experience, I felt everything pop in my head and loosen up, but as that was going on my stomach became upset. When I woke up in the morning it felt like it wore off. I've tried this medicine because Zyrtec cause mood swings that causes me to be the most unlikable person in my city and I live in DC. I tried the medicine with a 1/2 dose the second night with the same side affects and the same intensity, but without the benefits and those last 8 hrs."

MotuMan September 15, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It's better than using nothing and provides a modicum of relief. The biggest problem is that it only lasts 8 hours. I have to use two back up antihistimines once the xyzal wears off."

Rose Fever Sneezer (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 13, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Xyzal is one of the most effective antihistamines out there, IMO. It stops all my allergy symptoms from the first pill- I can feel my sinuses open up. It has gotten me through horrible seasons where the grasses I'm allergic to are rampant. The only downside for me is the major sedation. It is supposed to be non-sedating, but a few people will have issues with this. Curiously, I find the sedation to come on several hours after I take it, so I time that with bedtime. At first the sedation was so bad that it felt like I was going under anesthesia! My allergist told me she had the same issue, and had me cut the tablet in half to take the pediatric dose. That helped a lot, but I still time it for when it makes me tired."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Before I started taking Xyzal I would get so stuffy at night in bed that I would have gladly had my entire nose and sinuses removed. It was that horrible. I would lock up so tight my ears would pop. Xyzal has been a miracle for me. No more stuffy nose at night. It works wonderfully. I would give up any of my other medications before I would my Xyzal. I tried all the other allergy medications but none helped. Xyzal is the very best!"

jangarrett71 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Xyzal has helped keep the chronic sinus infections away while on a biologic for an autoimmune disorder! That's a miracle! I love xyzal. Some days I get sleepy so I take it @ night. Now if I can just get the autoimmune symptoms to go away id be kicking booty! Love xyzal for allergies!"

Dottie O. (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Best pill EVER for fighting Allergies! Results have been Phenomenal!!!!"

DivaSupreme (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have debilitating seasonal allergies, to the point where my eyes swell up completely. Doctors kept saying take zyrtec, take claritin, nasonex, etc. Nothing made even a dent in the symptoms, even benadryl barely helped. When I was finally prescribed xyzal it completely changed allergy season for me. I feel like I have no allergies at all (almost a problem because I forget to take my meds). Anyone who is miserable during allergy season should seriously consider xyzal."

HappyCamper:) May 10, 2015

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Works great for me with no side effects......love it!"

Coats1210 February 7, 2014

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"WOW is all can say. This allergy medication works great. It's for 24 hour relief and I don't sneeze anymore. I have bad allergies to cats but I love them so much, except they almost caused an asthma attack because of my allergies, once I was prescribed Xyzal ALL the symptoms went away. This is like the miracle for allergy relief, it doesn't make me drowsy at all but it's different for each individual I guess. It stops your eye itching, nose dripping, sneezing and wheezing."

Baby115566 October 5, 2013

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used it for about two weeks and it didn't really help my allergies but it made me sick to my stomach and it felt like I had to throw up. I stopped taking it and I'm back to normal"

CW Programmer May 6, 2013