User Reviews for Xyzal

Learn more about Xyzal.

Xyzal Rating Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 599 medications used in the treatment of Allergies.

Reviews for Xyzal to treat Allergies

"I feel absolutely horrible. I ran out of Zyrtec, my son takes this so I figured I'd try it. On day two I feel a combination of having a concussion and a hangover all at one time. I'm fatigued, dizzy, and have a headache. This does not include the pressure I feel in my sinuses. I feel absolutely horrible. I'm done, I won't take this again. I'm honestly not even sure the FDA should have approved this drug."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine has severe side effects; that is, it causes irritability and tiredness. It does dry a person out, but the side effects necessitate cautionary awareness if you are going to drive or work with people. You have no patience. I do not recommend this product."

Fla Air (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I think I have chronic sinusitis, with allergy symptoms all day long, year round. Zyrtec used to help, but doesn't anymore. I thought that Xyzal was going to be the answer and it was until I started experiencing stomach aches that had no apparent cause in what I had eaten. Very reluctantly I stopped the Xyzal and the stomach aches stopped. But if you don't experience any of the side effects, then it works better than any other medication for allergies that I have ever taken!"

Tacman_Bill June 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Heart racing, couldn't sleep, bad sweat, so weak,"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this three days ago and was up all night. I didn't make the connection as I had a cup of coffee later in the evening than I normally would. I took another Xyzal the following day. I still have not slept. I have been up for 3 nights!!! I have a heavy duty sleeping pill that I am going to take tonight and I'm hoping that will be the end of it. I can't imagine it would take longer than 72 hours to make its way out of my system. If you are someone who experiences these types symptoms with certain medications, avoid Xyzal."

Pauser (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

"Very helpful!!"

Men men (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The medicine turned me into a weight gaining zombie that didn't want to get out of bed. It controlled my allergies (no more so than zyrtec) and made me feel horrible."

Allergiesgalore (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first 2 bottles I bought were amazing. I took them at night as indicated; slept well and no morning 'hangover' and best of all no allergy symptoms. The 3rd bottle however, feels as though I haven't taken anything. I have been taking medication from this bottle for approximately 2 weeks. Not sure if I got a bad batch or what. I will buy a smaller bottle next time just to make sure."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"If you are looking to sleep night and day, this is a great sleeping pill, as far as allergies relief none, only very dry mouth and throat. Threw the whole bottle down the toilet"

Rury (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Found this medication to be completely ineffective in treating my allergy symptoms. Not only was I up urinating many times during the night but when I got out of bed my eyes were tearing, my sinuses were swollen and I was very drowsy. I believe this drug to be just another heavily promoted batch of promises that simply does not deliver. And yes..this stuff is not inexpensive to say the least. Save your money and just buy the home brand of antihistamine."

Raybonotics June 4, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking Xyzal for about a week now and it appears to have made an improvement concerning my allergies; however, I am feeling overly tired."

Arycaj June 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This absolutely, positively does not work. Stick with Zyrtec D or Benadryl if you don't want to shove out the money for Zyrtec."

A complete waste June 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Kept me up, maniacally freaking out, until 4 am. Followed by extreme nightmares and tossing and turning. My head felt like it was going to explode. I literally almost went to the hospital. Terrifying. "

WIRED FOR SOUND (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My allergies are terrible, it doesn't matter the season. I have tried Claritin, Zyrtec, you name it I've tried it for my allergies. I finally came sleep at night and wake up without an itchy throat. No more constant sneezing, coughing. I can finally go outside and enjoy the spring time. I have read other reviews of people being tired the next day and I haven't experienced that."

Kayjohn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"BAD EXPERIENCE FOR ME. First side effect was tired. Turned into totally wiped out. Lack of energy, feeling sore, then the sore throat! This drug kicked my butt. It's not for me, I want to be outside active.. This drug will keep you on your sofa..... I'm going back to my old faithful. I tried this because of the coupons."

Traope (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Most allergy medicines have not helped me at all. I decided to try xyzal. I could tell a difference after the first dose. It doesn't make me tired like benadryl, so I guess it depends on the person. And since everyone is different, I don't understand why people say not to waste money on this product. Just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it won't work for others."

Wolfpup003 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So I have terrible allergies, which most people on here say they do. I typically use Claritin and Zyrtec. I switch the 2 every other month. Also I use allergy shots. (3 shots every time, which sucks!) Some co-workers of mine mentioned using Xyzal and having good experiences so I decided to try it out. I decided to get the 10 pack first just to try it out since it's so expensive. As far as helping my allergies... the medicine has helped me a lot. The downside is it makes me extremely tired. Basically I better be ready for bed soon after taking it. But I having had any grogginess the next morning. I just wake up feeling really good. But keep in mind, what works for me may or may not work for you. Benedryl and Allegra does nothing for me."

Trlawson87 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I tried xyzal for the first time and it bottomed out my blood pressure and made me weak and almost fainting. I can't take it at all. anyone else who had the same reaction?"

maureen2008 May 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This products does not help me at all .Do not buy it waste of money it just makes you tired"

DebbieM76 May 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had the worst allergies on record this season. I have tried everything from Claritin to Zyrtec and everything in between. Nothing helped. My post nasal drip was so bad I felt like I had bronchitis from all of the coughing. I even thought I was going to overdose on my albuterol inhaler because I used it so much because I could not breath. A friend recommended Xyzal and brought it to my house one day. The symptoms did not go away all at once but after 2 days on the pill I feel so much better. I take it around 6 pm everyday and I sleep well and wake up perfectly fine the next day. Xyzal has saved me. I hope it lasts and doesn't wear off like Claritin."

Bette_06 May 24, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"First time using Xyzal last night for allergies. Normally, I take Benadryl but wanted to give this product a try as it's new OTC. I only took half a pill at bedtime. Yes, my allergic symptoms cleared up but WOW did it make me tired. I'm thankful I have the day off as I don't know how I could function at work. I expected some drowsiness but this far exceeds the effect of a full dose of Benadryl."

JenRDH (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I normally use zyrtec liquid gels- the tablets are no where as effective. But they last only about 3 hours. This stuff made me a little groggy, but not when I wanted to sleep, and if it had any allergy effect it was indistinguishable from nothing at all. Waste of money- I had so wanted a longer lasting alternative - NG"

glenn g May 18, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Love this medicine!!! I have year round allergies and I am allergic to everything; dust, cats, hamsters, everything outside, etc. I feel like I should live in a bubble. Nothing seemed to work. I've taken OTC drugs and prescribed drugs. All of them stunk. Allergy shots really work, but are too time consuming. Then I found Xyzal. Love it! Fair warning though, this drug does knock you out and the lasting effects carry into the next day, but I discovered that if you take it about an hour to two hours before your bedtime, you will feel fine the next day."

Angelus27 May 18, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Worst allergy medication on the market. Buyer be ware! I cannot stop sneezing and my eyes are watery. Don't have this issue with Zyrtec. I'm going back to it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this pill at bedtime twice and it kept me awake until after 2:00 a.m. I woke up with worst symptoms than I had before I took the pills When I woke up I was stuffed up and I stayed that way all day long. I also had lots of coughing - unlike my normal cough that is due to post nasal drip. I also have a bad sore throat. On both Saturday and today I have tiredness and I am unable to function. I will go back to my normal medicine in the morning. These pills were a waste of money."

Texas Allergies (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017