User Reviews for Xyzal

Learn more about Xyzal.

Xyzal Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 532 medications used in the treatment of Allergies.

Reviews for Xyzal to treat Allergies

"For allergies and allergic reactions this medication worked well. Benadryl had stopped being effective and Claritin has always been useless so I decided to give this a shot. I took it around 5 p.m. and within an hour the misery of the allergies was less and by morning I felt 100% better. Took the product for two weeks until whatever was triggering my allergies finally stopped. No side effects noticed while taking the medication (which for me is rare as I'm allergic to nearly everything). No problems with interactions with heart medication either. Was well worth it."

MBFox (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had such a mixed experience with this drug. On the one hand, it kicked a sinus allergy-induced migraine I had had for days that hadn't responded to other medicine. Once I started taking it on a daily basis, however, it made me extremely tired and sore. I tried taking halves and it isn't so bad that way, but ultimately lead to a lupus flare, which made me realize it was having a stronger effect on my body than I'd realized. Now missing work from it. Take with caution!"

MeLaur October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I’m giving this medicine 2 stars because it worked the first couple of time and then went down hill from there. I feel like my body got used to it so quick because I have suffered from allergies as a kid or my allergies are just that bad that the pill doesn’t work anymore. I have even taken two pills as desperation to help before the 24 hours and NOTHING. Save your money"

DazeyNo October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I gave it the benefit of the doubt after the first few times it stopped working. This last time, last night to be exact, I took one before going to bed. I woke up this morning like my nose was a faucet. This is the most frustrating medicine ever... and since it is 24hrs, now I have to suffer ALL DAY before I can take something else."

Msconnie76 September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Will not take again! Up all night frequent urination. Finally fell asleep and woke with awful migraine, dizziness, nausea, fatigue and muscle pain! I've been feeling awful all day! Can't wait to get this out of my system! Will go back to Clariten which I tolerate. Ughhhh..."

Mela414 September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The instructions say that you should take it at night as it can cause drowsiness; however, this medication kept me up all night! It also made me feel anxious and weird. And to top it all off, I am still suffering from allergies. Guess it's time to try something else."

holly_jean September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was prescribed to my elderly mother. After taking it about a month, she began to have hallucinations as well as feeling extremely tired. We will make sure she never takes this again."

Anonymous#2 September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took one pill at night. I slept all night and all the next day. Do not recommend. I slept all day so don't even know if it worked for allergies. Nowhere on the package did I see warning about sleep problem and no additional instructions in the box. Stuck with expensive product that I cannot use. In my mind drowsiness is not the same as being sound asleep for over 24 hours."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Extremely effective. I have had horrible allergies for years, and this was the only thing that worked for me. Make sure you take it an hour or so before you go to bed though, the drowsiness side effect is huge if you don't. After my allergies were under control, I was able to switch to half a pill and that helped with the morning grogginess a lot. But it gave me my health back, so I'm grateful!"

Krtu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I live in Central Texas where we have allergens year round. I have suffered from allergies all my life and eventually everything just stopped working, and nasal sprays made things worse. Xyzal has been amazing for me- I take it at night and have zero side effects (that I'm aware of!) It is TOTALLY worth trying if Claritin and Zyrtec don't work for you anymore."

C8 August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was looking around on these reviews to see if anyone else experienced weight gain. While the drug worked pretty well for my allergies (dairy consumption) I was shocked to see after a few days of taking it, I had ballooned up inexplicably. Yikes. Found one person who said they had also gained weight."

Lily2Susan (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have not experienced the side effects like others. It simply does absolutely nothing for my allergy symptoms."

Zizbrat (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor suggested this medication for allergies a few days ago. I was taking for two days and I was completed exhausted and wiped out both days (which never happens to me). So I decided to research it and saw that many people had a similar reaction. This was a significant reaction so be careful before you take it. I have now stopped."

QMCIII (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Kept my four year old up all night . She was miserable and whined all night. Do not use for children this has been awful. She finally got some rest at 10 am the next day."

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This has been one of the worst medications for allergies that I have ever taken. I took it around 5am in the morning and right now It's 6:45 pm. My nose has been draining since I took this medication and I'm more stuffed now than I've ever been. My eyes are watery and I'm sneezing something terrible. I do not recommend this medication. Save your money and try something else. By the way this was my 2nd time trying it just to see if I would have the same symptoms and I did."

kio (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel absolutely horrible. I ran out of Zyrtec, my son takes this so I figured I'd try it. On day two I feel a combination of having a concussion and a hangover all at one time. I'm fatigued, dizzy, and have a headache. This does not include the pressure I feel in my sinuses. I feel absolutely horrible. I'm done, I won't take this again. I'm honestly not even sure the FDA should have approved this drug."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine has severe side effects; that is, it causes irritability and tiredness. It does dry a person out, but the side effects necessitate cautionary awareness if you are going to drive or work with people. You have no patience. I do not recommend this product."

Fla Air (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I think I have chronic sinusitis, with allergy symptoms all day long, year round. Zyrtec used to help, but doesn't anymore. I thought that Xyzal was going to be the answer and it was until I started experiencing stomach aches that had no apparent cause in what I had eaten. Very reluctantly I stopped the Xyzal and the stomach aches stopped. But if you don't experience any of the side effects, then it works better than any other medication for allergies that I have ever taken!"

Tacman_Bill June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Heart racing, couldn't sleep, bad sweat, so weak,"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this three days ago and was up all night. I didn't make the connection as I had a cup of coffee later in the evening than I normally would. I took another Xyzal the following day. I still have not slept. I have been up for 3 nights!!! I have a heavy duty sleeping pill that I am going to take tonight and I'm hoping that will be the end of it. I can't imagine it would take longer than 72 hours to make its way out of my system. If you are someone who experiences these types symptoms with certain medications, avoid Xyzal."

Pauser (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

"Very helpful!!"

Men men (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The medicine turned me into a weight gaining zombie that didn't want to get out of bed. It controlled my allergies (no more so than zyrtec) and made me feel horrible."

Allergiesgalore (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The first 2 bottles I bought were amazing. I took them at night as indicated; slept well and no morning 'hangover' and best of all no allergy symptoms. The 3rd bottle however, feels as though I haven't taken anything. I have been taking medication from this bottle for approximately 2 weeks. Not sure if I got a bad batch or what. I will buy a smaller bottle next time just to make sure."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If you are looking to sleep night and day, this is a great sleeping pill, as far as allergies relief none, only very dry mouth and throat. Threw the whole bottle down the toilet"

Rury (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Found this medication to be completely ineffective in treating my allergy symptoms. Not only was I up urinating many times during the night but when I got out of bed my eyes were tearing, my sinuses were swollen and I was very drowsy. I believe this drug to be just another heavily promoted batch of promises that simply does not deliver. And yes..this stuff is not inexpensive to say the least. Save your money and just buy the home brand of antihistamine."

Raybonotics June 4, 2017