User Reviews for Xyzal

Learn more about Xyzal.

Xyzal Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 370 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Xyzal to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"Day 2, throat drainage is much better, although hasn't stopped completely. Congestion in my nose is better as well. No problems with feeling sleepy. Trying this to see if I can avoid deviated septum surgery after being on antibiotics for 3 months for severe sinus infection"

Dseptum September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took this at night while waiting on an Allegra order. It was not terribly effective on my indoor/outdoor allergies. I felt marginally less wheezy at night, but my nose was stuffed and eyes itchy the next morning. On top of that, it makes me sluggish and stupid for a solid 24 hours. Forget drinking on this pill; the alcohol will go straight to your head. Granted, the label says all of this, but these itty-bitty pills aren't effective enough to be worth it."

Anonymous July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I found it to be about as effective as Zyrtec, but it made me extremely drowsy. I tried only a half dose each time, and could barely get out of bed the next day. It works fairly well, but for me it's not worth the side effects."

Myxlplyx (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this medication prior to going to bed. I woke up with my head spinning. I could not function at all the very next day. It felt like it gave me the worst hangover of my life. I would rather suffer with allergies than feel exhausted and dizzy ."

Cchawk (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OMG worst ever. I stocked up using all of the $5.00 off coupons and what a waste of money. I realize this year is double dose of pollen but this medicine didn't help. Gave me bad headaches and listless and tired."

Arizona47 May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been prescribed xyzal for years. Just recently bought it over the counter for a cheaper price. The plus with this medication is that it helps a bit with my rhinitis and eliminates my hives completely. However, I'm now reading about drowsiness side effects others have been experiencing and wonder if this has been the cause of my fatigue."

cpilot21 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication did not seem to work any better than others I have taken, but it has made me extremely drowsy. I was not feeling well when I started taking it, so it took me a full week to figure out the XYZAL was making me so tired. I do not recommend this drug if you are susceptible to drowsiness side effects. Since it is sold in a 24-hour pill, I'm stuck being sleepy for a long time until this pill is out of my system."

StephenIsMyNickname (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Really tired and sleepy throughout the day. I take medicine. In the evening."

Sugga February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Really developed horrible allergies in last four years because of being over 40 living in terrible city for allergies. It really has been a game changer for me. It's strong enough that I often just use half a pill. I do think it's better than the OTC competition. No side effects for me."

NCResident (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication has changed my son's life! He was always on multiple medications for asthma and allergies year round and nothing ever truly worked. This medicine is the only one he takes now and he is 100% symptom free of allergies, sinus issues, and asthma flare ups. Very grateful for this medication!"

Jnkc (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor prescribed xyzal after my regular allergy medicine became ineffective and I was continually getting sinus infections over a couple month span. I couldn't figure out why I was still showing allergy symptoms and continuing to get sinus infections while taking xyzal. I decided to stop taking the medication after reading some side effects included sinus pressure, stuffy nose, and cough. Within a few days of stopping the medication, my symptoms disappeared. I found it interesting that some of side effects I experienced was the reason I began taking this prescription in the first place."

allergiesarenofun (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had been on Allegra for allergies for almost 10 years. This year it stopped working and began to make my heart race. I also developed new allergies (to foods). My general practitioner mentioned Xyzal to me, gave me some samples, and instructed me to start out with the pediatric dose 2.5mg to see how I reacted to the medicine and how effective it was for me. All I can say is, it's AWESOME! It is fast acting, stopping the itchy nose, throat, ears and non-stop sneezing soon after taking it. No crazy heart rhythms, hung over feelings, or depression with this antihistamine. It's a keeper!"

Anonymous September 1, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have tried everything for seasonal allergies and also have been on numerous antibiotics for infections. I have been taking Xyzal for about a month now and it's the best medicine that I have ever tried. I am almost 99% allergy free. Also, most people have said that they have had weight gain. NOT ME, I HAVE HAD WEIGHT LOSS of about 4 lbs. I always react the opposite way to medicine anyway."

markellks June 7, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was sick with sinus and ear problems for 6 weeks. I had been treated with Keflex, Zithromax, Levaquin, Allegra, Claritin and Veramyst. Some of these even made my symptoms worse. I took my first Xyxal and two hours later my sinus drainage was fine. In eight hours the sinus headache and eye redness was gone. By the end of my second day on Xyzal, I noticed my ear canals and skin no longer itched. I had no idea this was a condition caused by allergies. I thought I had dry skin. I still have some "stuffed up" sinus issues on my fourth day but I can taste food, inhale and exhale freely through my nose and feel pretty "normal". IT WORKS!"

WD0FIA May 29, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had a headache for four weeks with no other symptoms. Had tried other allergy medicines but they did not work. Within a matter of hours my headache started to fade after my doctor gave me Xyzal. I didn't even think the headache was allergy related until then. Feels so good."

Anonymous May 6, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been very sick with allergies. I have had breathing treatments and the like. Tried all the standard antihistamines and they did nothing. I have only been on Xyzal about a week and I am breathing again and feel like I am going to live. This has been great. And the sleep is not bad either."

Snic April 24, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Xyzal for nearly 1 year now and it truly has been my life saver. I suffer from extreme seasonal allergies and indoor allergies with all the symptoms; itchy red eyes, itchy ears and feet, sneezing 5 times an hour, congested sinuses, headaches, congestion, hives, and frequent bloody noses. I tried over-the-counter and prescription drugs for nearly 10 years with no success. Xyzal has honestly relieved all my symptoms. I take my dose before bed because it does make me sleepy. I have no problems making it through my work day. I do have a little bit of a dry throat side effect, but that is nothing compared to the misery I was in before."

journallover April 2, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I think this drug is probably the best thing for people with severe allergies. I tried EVERYTHING before XYZAL and I finally stumbled upon this through my doctor and I am so happy I did. Now I can actually wake up and go through the day without sneezing, coughing, or getting a head cold."

VictoLo February 19, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Incredible results. I have recently developed horrible fall allergies with the whole - sneezing, runny/stuff nose, watery/itchy eyes, cough, fatigue and everything else. I would need a new tissue every 5 minutes. I took one Xyzal at 5 PM on Tuesday and it cleared every single thing up. It didn't begin to fade until 12 AM on Wednesday. I absolutely love this little pill."

Kerrisan December 30, 2008

"It works."

gutshot November 22, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A very good medicine. Results in two days."

TLEING November 16, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had chronic allergies and nothing has helped. It would be normal for me to go through a box of kleenex in a week. The major frustration with my allergies was my itchy feet and ear canals. Although xyzal is very expensive (my insurance doesn't cover it) it is worth not having the itchy feet and ears that no one thought about."

nasal girl October 24, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Dried up the sinuses pretty well and helped me sleep"

Flamingo13 September 9, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Controls my allergies better than anything I have taken."

Silverlake August 23, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love it. My doctor advised me, it's best to take right before bed. I get extremely tired 10 to 15 minutes after I take Xzyal. I also have to sleep for more than 8 hours, if I don't sleep more than 8 hours I feel drowsy all day and feel the need to take a nap."

Em-J August 13, 2008