User Reviews for Fluticasone

Also known as: ArmonAir RespiClick, Arnuity Ellipta, Flovent, Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA, Flovent Rotadisk

Asthma, Maintenance
6.7

Summary of Fluticasone reviews 6.6 26 reviews

Reviews for Fluticasone

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This drug is a corticosteroid so the ill effects you all had were due to that. I've had prednisone many years which has the same side effects. All of the " rare" things happen. Big pharma definitely likes to mislabel. My adrenal systwm was destroyed. I've done a long taper but will be stuck on the drug until the end. They just added flovent to the mix. I doubt I'll use it long, especially after reading these reviews and knowing the long term effects that happen. In short time ( 3 mo started hard for me) .. good luck to those on corticosteroids in all, forms..listen to your instincts, not always your docs.."

fallen1171 (taken for 10 years or more) June 11, 2018

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Worked great for the first few months. Developed blurred vision and hoarseness. Went into ENT and had vocal cord paralysis on one side. Slowly weaned myself off Arnuity and paralysis went away. Will need to try something else."

lily (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I agree with several others, Flovent was fast at managing my allergy/exercise induced asthma. Seriously within a day or two I have decreased albuterol usage and the third day, I was symptom free. I did not specifically notice joint pain related to this medication but I do experience some pain at times in hands...I attributed that to getting older. I do however notice a dreaded 5 lbs weight gain each time I am on it that quickly subsides when it's my off season."

Kp (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 12, 2018

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been having a rough few months with my asthma needing my rescue inhaler 6+ times a day, I gave in to taking a steroid asthma medication, the 2nd day after I started this my lungs started burning and I started coughing hard like I have bronchitis, the 3rd day it was worse, I stopped taking it and after 2 days off I am feeling better. One of the side effects is causing an upper respiratory infection, well that happened rather quickly for me."

Andrea (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have used this medication (Flovent HFA 220 MCG) about 5 months and have experienced an incredible improvement with my breathing, and being able to reduce my rescue inhaler usage dramatically."

Cheyenne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2018

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Picked up my prescription - 200 mcg - 6 days ago. After taking the prescribed dosage 2 days, developed hoarseness and sore throat. Did not take any dosage for the past 3 days. I'm not sure the medicine is helping me if this is the reaction I have. Doctor said I should take a 1/2 dose today, and then every other day. I'm considering consulting a new doctor for advice."

Lynked (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: "Not really a wonder medicine. Been on this 200 mcg powder for nearly 3 months and the Pharmacist told me it's a type of steroid that takes 3-4 months to work. The Pharmacist also said that once it kicks in, I won't need to use my rescue inhaler (Ventolin) anymore. Well, it's been a solid 3 months, and all I can say is that it's not doing anything to me at all. No side effects, but no notice of change in my breathing at all either. I still need my inhaler 3-4 times per day. So I am not knocking this drug, but in my experience, it's HIGHLY overrated by Pharmacists. Had asthma for over 40 years, and this is not the "end all be all" drug for me. Oh well, thank goodness for my Ventolin! :-) I will update again in 3 more months."

ArnuityUser2017 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2017

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been using Flovent for about 4 months, ran out of of it and didn't bother to refill it till my asthma started flaring up again. On the first day of use I started feeling a whole lot better! I usually wake up with wheezing, coughing, short of breath and some phlegm but since I've been reusing this medicine, it has helped with all those awful symptoms. No side effects for me except very slight dizziness but all the worth of not feeling like complete crap!"

RayRay lee July 13, 2017

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Horrible! My son had the worst behavioral issues from it. The meds seemed to work ok on his asthma prevention but he was aggressive and violent. We switched him back to Alvesco and within a week he was back to normal."

Blondie800 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 10, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance: "Worked fine for 2 months than my voice got very deep and now I am constantly hoarse. I have to get this replaced and the doctor is checking to find one without those side effects."

terryzx (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 27, 2017

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I cannot tolerate the full adult dose of 2 puffs twice daily. I get joint pain, exzema breakouts, heartburn/sour stomach and irritable/easily frustrated/impatient, (even angry at times) more than necessary. The dose I can tolerate, somewhat, (1 puff twice/daily) is not really effective every day, with every set of triggers, such as catching a cold, or doing yardwork."

GrammaWendy March 10, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance: "I was on Flovent Diskus 250 mcg twice daily for approximately a year before I discontinued due to insurance dropping it and a lack of efficacy. It really worked well for my daytime asthma symptoms, but did very little to treat my nocturnal symptoms. It didn't give me any side effects, though, which was nice."

S.V.L February 17, 2017

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My Dr. gave me this medicine as a trial when I was diagnosed with adult onset asthma. I tried Qvar first and that gave me chest pain and tightness. This medicine had no side effects at all and worked great. The only downfall is my insurance doesn't cover this so I have to switch to something else."

CaliMom123 November 26, 2016

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Does not work for me. 17 days and no improvement"

JCGB January 31, 2016

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have used arnuity 200 for 6 weeks and I see a difference but my copay in Dec 2015 was $91 now in Jan 2016 it has gone to $119 per month. I'd really would like to keep taking this but I can't afford that much every month so I will be back with my dr to find a alternative"

mad patient (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2016

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Gets you over the hump in regard to asthma flare ups, and have had fewer Emergency Room episodes since getting this. Taking it everyday is another story - it causes chestpain after about the 3rd consecutive day of use. So I generally stop using after a couple days, and then if symptoms still persist will start up again after a day or two break from the drug. When asthma is back under control I dont take the drug at all."

IMLET (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2015

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The drug works very well for the asthma but the side effects are overwhelming. I experience severe anger and aggression and must stop the medication. I have attempted to take the medication on several occasions due to necessity with serious asthma but continue to have the same side effects."

Ann456 April 15, 2015

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This medication has been a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, my asthma symptoms are all but gone after being on this drug for a week. On the other hand, it's made me feel tired all day yet unable to sleep at night. I've also noticed that I've been angry and otherwise unhappy more frequently since starting this drug. I'm going to give it one more week to see if the side effects become more manageable."

J. J. (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2014

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "No asthma breakthrough when I take Flovent and nasal steroid every day. Life-changing medications!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 4, 2014

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My son has taken this medication for asthma maintenance for nearly 4 years. When he takes it consistently, he has very few asthma exacerbations. Before he was on it, he had to be hospitalized due to a severe attack and status asthmaticus. When he missed it for a few days, he had another exacerbation requiring emergency treatment. I'd say the medicine is effective for him. He has had no side effects."

KatieW04 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2014

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Works great as a rescue inhaler. Fast acting. Inexpensive"

Spruce (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 1, 2013

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was wheezing with a constant cough. Asthma brought on by cold weather, exercise, or allergic situations. This all left after one week of use. No apparent side effects."

Mahchem (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2012

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was on Flovent for almost 2 months. It was not helping me it was making me worse. I had an extremely bad burning pain in my chest and throat. The burning became so bad and my breathing was becoming worse. I discontinued it on my own and now all of my symptoms have subsided. I am breathing better and no more burning. "

Nmg September 27, 2011

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This helped me breathe on the first day as well. Quite a wonder really."

Anonymous December 2, 2009

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Really diminished asthma cough over time and helps avoid attacks. Get rough voice, and eustachian tubes clog up in air conditioning."

oxygenlover September 17, 2009