User Reviews for Fluticasone

Also known as: Flovent, Flovent HFA, Arnuity Ellipta, Flovent Diskus, Flovent Rotadisk, ArmonAir Digihaler

Fluticasone has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10 from a total of 55 ratings on Drugs.com. 46% of those users who reviewed Fluticasone reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Asthma, Maintenance
6.2
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
Summary of Fluticasone reviews 6.1 55 reviews

Reviews for Fluticasone

jimjobson · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2021

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Satisfactory daily use and relief.”

mommadukes0813 · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2021

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Immediately after taking Flovent I felt like s 800lb person was sitting on my stomach. Was very hard to breath for about 4 hours at least. Only took the first one & only dose. Never again.”

ChrisinSF · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2021

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Take it for persistent asthma, and I rate it highly after taking it for 3 months so far...the key to this one was taking it first thing in the morning. Through trial and error I realized I got the most of it during the waking hours if taken in the morning rather than at night. When taken at night, I could feel it wear off around 5 the next day. I would recommend ...and I’ve been on every asthma drug under the sun the past 44 years....”

ME · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2018

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Recovering from bronchitis then pneumonia & after 2 courses of antibiotics, 2 courses of oral prednisone, Dr put me on a 4 week course of Flovent. Instructions were: 2 puffs, twice a day for 2 weeks; then 1 puff, twice a day for 2 weeks,. After being on it 3 weeks, I suddenly noticed that I'd lost my sense of smell Completely. I've also lost my sense of taste. I've learned this is a common side effect & that it may take up to a year for sense of smell to return or it could become a permanent loss. I discontinued the Flovent immediately. I'm unable to find any info on a possible remedy. I'm now using a Neti Pot daily. After a week off Flovent with no improvement, I'm afraid that my sense of smell may never return. I never noticed improvement in my asthma symptoms while using the Flovent. In fact, wheezing & shortness of breath were worse while using it. I get better results using nebulizer. I cannot recommend Flovent & will be reporting my experience to the FDA.”

Schoe18 April 12, 2020

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I have been taking Flovent off and on for the past 15 years. My asthma wasn’t close to be under control until I started taking Flovent. It’s basically like I do not have asthma when using this prescription. Sometimes when I get lazy and don’t pick it up or call it in I can tell within a month because are start taking the Albuterhol again. I haven’t noticed any side affects at all.”

Nmg September 27, 2011

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I was on Flovent for almost 2 months. It was not helping me it was making me worse. I had an extremely bad burning pain in my chest and throat. The burning became so bad and my breathing was becoming worse. I discontinued it on my own and now all of my symptoms have subsided. I am breathing better and no more burning. ”

fallen1171 · Taken for 10 years or more June 11, 2018

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “This drug is a corticosteroid so the ill effects you all had were due to that. I've had prednisone many years which has the same side effects. All of the " rare" things happen. Big pharma definitely likes to mislabel. My adrenal systwm was destroyed. I've done a long taper but will be stuck on the drug until the end. They just added flovent to the mix. I doubt I'll use it long, especially after reading these reviews and knowing the long term effects that happen. In short time ( 3 mo started hard for me) .. good luck to those on corticosteroids in all, forms..listen to your instincts, not always your docs..”

Steveso · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2018

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I was prescribed this medication for asthma and sinus conditions where all my airways were inflamed, and I had sinus pressure and severe shortness of breath. I was given the inhaler with the nasal adapter to spray into my nostrils. After only a few days my shortness of breath worsened and my sinus pressure is unbearable, along with extreme dizziness. I wish I had never taken this medication and hope I can improve after it wears off. Think twice before using it.”

Bean · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 1, 2019

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I've been on Flovent for a number of years, & it is the only asthma medicine that has ever worked for me. I am now 73, & have had asthma since my late 30's. I had tried many treatments, & had to use my rescue inhaler quite often, but after being on Flovent, I now only have to do 1 puff every other day for maintenence. The only side affect has been a scratchy throat & phlegm in the mornings, & it has affected my voice a bit. But that is worth it, being able to breathe!”

Breatheasy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 19, 2020

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Finally I can sleep and my wife can breathe! Before Flovent my wife used her rescue inhaler at least twice nightly and coughed and wheezed all night. After Flovent, virtually none of that. I love it. She has no side effects that she has noticed. Fortunately insurance covers it, as it is $300 for 2 months here. When she ran out in Canada the same dose was $35 with no insurance!”

J. J. · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2014

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “This medication has been a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, my asthma symptoms are all but gone after being on this drug for a week. On the other hand, it's made me feel tired all day yet unable to sleep at night. I've also noticed that I've been angry and otherwise unhappy more frequently since starting this drug. I'm going to give it one more week to see if the side effects become more manageable.”

Chris · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2019

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “My son was diagnosed with asthma at 5 years old. It has gotten worse as he's aged. Within the last 2 years, peaking. I was giving him Albuterol up to 4 times a day, a day when he got sick, we were in the E. R often. Finally we got a new pediatric doc, and they prescribed Flovent. This drug is great. My son now only uses his rescue Inhaler when he has a lot of chest congestion. The Flovent allows him to run, play, and go all day without Albuterol! So glad we found it. And no side effects at all.”

Paladin · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 19, 2020

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I was using Qvar for 4 years prior to Arnuity Ellipta 2 puffs twice a day and still had to use my rescue inhaler several times a day. My insurance no longer covered Qvar and they gave me three other options so I did my research and told my doctor I would like to try Arnuity Ellipta 100 mcg one puff a day. After a few days I did not need a rescue inhaler. So I swear my this medication. I also never have gotten thrush since using Arnuity Ellipta. I rarely need a rescue inhaler. By rarely I mean the only time I use one is in the fall and the spring when the atmosphere changes. One rescue inhaler last me over a year. Life changer for me.”

dctravelerworkfun · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2018

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “This drug helped greatly to reduce my coughing and breathing. Then I started feeling pain in my feet, then in my legs and hands and headache. Every day it was worse. To test my theory I stopped the drug but on the second night I was coughing a great deal again and it was preventing me from sleeping so I took it again. That night the pain was severe muscle cramps in my legs, toes and feet. The next day I was nauseous and had a headache.”

CaliMom123 November 26, 2016

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “My Dr. gave me this medicine as a trial when I was diagnosed with adult onset asthma. I tried Qvar first and that gave me chest pain and tightness. This medicine had no side effects at all and worked great. The only downfall is my insurance doesn't cover this so I have to switch to something else.”

AA · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 22, 2019

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I was prescribed Arnuity Ellipta 200mg three months ago for treatment of adult onset asthma. While the medication helped with chest tightness, it did cause extreme fatigue, muscle pain, and joint pain. I decided to experiment with being off the Arnuity Ellipta for two days. Almost immediately, stopping this medication has helped elevate the fatigue and pain. Would I take the medication again? No.”

RayRay lee July 13, 2017

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I have been using Flovent for about 4 months, ran out of of it and didn't bother to refill it till my asthma started flaring up again. On the first day of use I started feeling a whole lot better! I usually wake up with wheezing, coughing, short of breath and some phlegm but since I've been reusing this medicine, it has helped with all those awful symptoms. No side effects for me except very slight dizziness but all the worth of not feeling like complete crap!”

Drew January 5, 2020

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Florent helped me with my symptoms for the first two weeks. After continuing use for a period of a month, I started have weird burning sensation in my chest, sore throat all the time followed by dizziness and inflammation of the throat. I have stopped using on my own for three days now and my symptoms are not back but I no longer get dizzy or a sore throat”

mad patient · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 9, 2016

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I have used arnuity 200 for 6 weeks and I see a difference but my copay in Dec 2015 was $91 now in Jan 2016 it has gone to $119 per month. I'd really would like to keep taking this but I can't afford that much every month so I will be back with my dr to find a alternative”

Fudd · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2020

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I have COPD and CHF. Combined they left me unable to walk more than a couple hundred meters without stopping to catch my breath and recharge my weak legs. After starting Flovent I notice a marked improvement in my overall stamina. Works well for me.”

Sucks to your as-mar · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I had a similar experience to some of the other posters. Sore throat, hoarseness..coughing up green phlegm. Doc told me to discontinue for now. It does seem that I’ve used my rescue inhaler less since but not sure if it’s worth the side effects”

Ann456 April 15, 2015

Flovent HFA (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “The drug works very well for the asthma but the side effects are overwhelming. I experience severe anger and aggression and must stop the medication. I have attempted to take the medication on several occasions due to necessity with serious asthma but continue to have the same side effects.”

X_N_Tric · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 3, 2020

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “It works as quickly as most steroids I have used, but it starts to causes oral thrush after a few days even though I gargle, rinse my mouth and brush my teeth and tongue after each of the twice a day uses. My doctor added a aerochamber spacer to help with this problem, but the thrush returns after approximately ten days instead of three. At that time I have to start using Nystatin oral rinse to kill the thrush. I wish there were a better way!”

ArnuityUser2017 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 17, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Not really a wonder medicine. Been on this 200 mcg powder for nearly 3 months and the Pharmacist told me it's a type of steroid that takes 3-4 months to work. The Pharmacist also said that once it kicks in, I won't need to use my rescue inhaler (Ventolin) anymore. Well, it's been a solid 3 months, and all I can say is that it's not doing anything to me at all. No side effects, but no notice of change in my breathing at all either. I still need my inhaler 3-4 times per day. So I am not knocking this drug, but in my experience, it's HIGHLY overrated by Pharmacists. Had asthma for over 40 years, and this is not the "end all be all" drug for me. Oh well, thank goodness for my Ventolin! :-) I will update again in 3 more months.”

IMLET · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 29, 2015

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Gets you over the hump in regard to asthma flare ups, and have had fewer Emergency Room episodes since getting this. Taking it everyday is another story - it causes chestpain after about the 3rd consecutive day of use. So I generally stop using after a couple days, and then if symptoms still persist will start up again after a day or two break from the drug. When asthma is back under control I dont take the drug at all.”

GrammaWendy March 10, 2017

Flovent (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I cannot tolerate the full adult dose of 2 puffs twice daily. I get joint pain, exzema breakouts, heartburn/sour stomach and irritable/easily frustrated/impatient, (even angry at times) more than necessary. The dose I can tolerate, somewhat, (1 puff twice/daily) is not really effective every day, with every set of triggers, such as catching a cold, or doing yardwork.”

lily · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2018

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Worked great for the first few months. Developed blurred vision and hoarseness. Went into ENT and had vocal cord paralysis on one side. Slowly weaned myself off Arnuity and paralysis went away. Will need to try something else.”

Bummer123 · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2019

Arnuity Ellipta (fluticasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Started taking Arnuity Ellipta 12 days ago. Asthma was pretty controlled then after i started taking Arnuity it got worse. Started getting numbness, discomfort in my right leg. Loss of appetite, nausea and got a cold right off the bat. Will stop taking it and pretty sure my side effects will clear up. Also on Nucala which has been awesome.”