User Reviews for Ventolin

Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 1.0
Summary of Ventolin reviews 5.3 24 reviews

Reviews for Ventolin

Karen · Taken for 10 years or more June 24, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “I've been using Ventolin for 25 years and NOW its causing dizziness. It also doesn't work like it used to. Ive noticed and clearly others have noticed that theres a problem with these inhalers. GSK needs to be investigated. I don't get these effects from a nebulizer.”

Vera · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “Teva-Salbutamol or Generic ventolin is dangerous. I had to take one because ventolin is currently gone. What a horrible product. I'm using 8 puffs to get the same relief from the regular ventolin which also doesn't work as well anymore. I cannot believe this product is allowed on the market.”

Gennie · Taken for 10 years or more December 30, 2019

For Asthma, acute: “I have been using this product for 35 years. It's quality has gone down hill ever since the govs outlawed CFCs. It is not the same formulation. I have also noticed inconsistencies with the product. One time I can get one that works great and another time I need 6 puffs just to get a little relief. This company needs to be examined by health Canada. Pharmacists have told me that this product isnt what it used to be.”

gogogirl · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 16, 2019

For Asthma, acute: “Immediate relief”

Jacqueline · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Does not work have had this for months. I take it when I suffer from breathing on my bad days, 2-3 times those days but notice no effect. In the docs office they have given me rescue inhalers that work for me but this is what my insurance covers, I plan on trying to change when I go back.”

Slim January 8, 2019

For COPD, Acute: “Have been on Pro Air and my insurance company did not want to provide it to me anymore. The provided Ventolin and from the first time I use it I could tell it was not the same. Does Not Work. When you need a rescue inhaler you want to get relief in minutes not twenty minutes later. Most time I had to use four to five puffs and still no relief. They say it is the same medication but one works and the other does not. Pro Air # 1.”

Gigi May 29, 2018

For Asthma, acute: “Hi- I just wanted to add my two cents to the conversation regarding Ventolin. Ventolin does NOT help me at all when I have an asthma attack. I use Pro-Air and though it is not great it at least helps me to get a breath and breathe. Yes, I've been told numerous times they both contain Albuterol. All I can figure is the inert ingredients are not the same or possibly where they are manufactured, ventolin (UK), Proair (US). I surely wish Ventolin (salbutamol) helped me, it's the only inhaler my insurance covers/pays for and Proair costs me $70 a month to not go to hospital. Sometimes ginger tea helps me till I can get a refill. Hope this review helps someone.”

Angel · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2018

For Asthma, acute: “Wow. I’m completely surprised by the reviews on this. I think it goes to show every human being is different. Ventolin does nearly nothing for me. I was looking around to see how others felt. Mind blown.”

Sally Quindo · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2017

For Asthma, acute: “Ventolin is a good product actually it makes me feel relieved whenever asthma hits me, I take 2-3 puffs and after a short span of time, I can breathe easily already. But I would like a Ventolin that doesn't need to be refilled because it so pricey that sometimes I have to sacrifice some things in order to prevent my asthma from hitting me from time to time. I would really appreciate it if someones innovates this kind of product.”

My chest felt light as air · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance: “After taking this for the first time (prescribed by my doctor due to coughing and wheezing from the flu) I can't even begin to tell you how amazing I felt. I have always felt a little tight / heavy in the chest. I always got out of breath quicker than other people around me. When I took this - I felt like years of bricks were lifted off my chest. I had once thought that the heaviness in my chest was my heart - but now I know all along it was my lungs and that I probably had undiagnosed allergies I'd been living with and ignoring. What a relief ! It began working within 5 minutes.”

Blue green November 30, 2016

For Asthma, acute: “I took 3 puff I woke up puking my brains out went to er I was wicked dehydrated had get 3 bags if fluids.has any one ulse experience this!!!!!?????”

diceable · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2016

For Asthma, acute: “I was admitted to hospital for an asthma attack. Had never taken any kind of breathing medication before, even though I'd had trouble with breathing (shortness of breath, tight chest, can't take deep breaths) for a while. I was given Ventolin. I didn't respond to the first few puffs through the inhaler and chamber spacer, so they gave me burst therapy, which involved taking 4-5 puffs every 20 minutes for 2 hours. After the first 40 minutes, I was shaking like crazy, couldn't sit still. This shaking persisted until I went to sleep that night. The ventolin inhaler they gave me DOESN'T help - only a very large dose of ventolin seems to ease the symptoms. Overall, good in high doses for severe asthma but comes with side effects.”

human13 September 12, 2016

For Asthma, acute: “Ventolin works perfectly, effective after 10sec.”

Clt resident May 17, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Helps control allergy related inflammation of my throat and related airway. Ventolin pump seems to work better than others in delivering medication deep into throat area.”

5MileRunner · Taken for 10 years or more January 4, 2015

For Asthma, acute: “Asthma for 40 years. Ventolin/Salbutamol works quickly and well to relieve an attack. Severe attacks respond to much higher doses in a nebulizer. It does come with erratic heart rates however, so should not be over used and should be accompanied by a corticosteroid inhaler like Becotide. (It is ridiculous that both Ventolin and Becotide had to be rejiggered to not use CFC gases for propulsion. Neither has been as good since).”

anonymous704 · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 24, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I have been using ventolin going on for about five years now and I have had no complaints. It works within about fifteen minutes and really helps me breath better. Though when it does get to the end of the canister it doesn't seem to be as effective.”

Ozzthegreat March 15, 2013

For Asthma, acute: “I can't believe I suffered so long before I went to the doctor and he prescribed Ventolin to me. It has made my breathing so much easier. The only negatives at all is sometimes I'm dizzy for a while after using it, but that's to be expected.”

gr8kate · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2013

For COPD, Acute: “I was prescribed for acute COPD. Since I've been using the inhaler I have had less flare-ups. I am able to breathe a lot better.”

mariotejas February 2, 2011

For COPD, Maintenance: “It works.”

Annie's Momma December 9, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I use it, have for a real long time. I am on maintenance, I don't need one daily, have in the past and know that I may again. Well either maintenance or regular it has always been a big part of my life and it works very well. Where would I be without it?”

Anonymous January 21, 2010

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: “I got really tachycardic after using this medicaton.”

Anonymous July 18, 2009

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: “First time I experienced a heart arrhythmia was following its use and stopped taking using medicine.”

Anonymous July 15, 2009

For Asthma, acute: “This did not help, the restricted my lungs from expanding. ”

Anonymous June 8, 2009

For Asthma, acute: “It works excellently. It's improved my son's hope for his asthma to get better.”