User Reviews for Ventolin to treat Asthma, acute

Ventolin has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of Asthma, acute. 35% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 35% reported a negative effect.

Ventolin Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for Ventolin

Jazabee · Taken for 10 years or more May 17, 2021

“I have used ventolin since 1986 successfully. Since introducing the meter dose to the product I find ventolin not effective, my voice has become husky the medication does not doing the job anymore it sits on my throat . I have spoken to other suffers of asthma and a few have said the same. I have no choice but to change product after all these years. I can’t afford to risk a fatal asthma attack plus I noticed asthma deteriorating even with preventive medication being taken. I hope the manufacturer will look into this problem.”

KathyFt · Taken for 10 years or more June 30, 2021

“Since the introduction of the new metered dose both my son (27yrs) and myself find the delivery is no longer the same as the predecessor. We feel we are using more to get the same effect because two puffs no longer gives the same relief. I have no idea why companies seek to make improvements without adequate testing on those who require the medication because from those I have asked directly, no one was happy with the so called improvement.”

Karen · Taken for 10 years or more June 24, 2020

“I've been using Ventolin for 25 years and NOW its causing dizziness. It also doesn't work like it used to. Ive noticed and clearly others have noticed that theres a problem with these inhalers. GSK needs to be investigated. I don't get these effects from a nebulizer.”

Gigi May 29, 2018

“Hi- I just wanted to add my two cents to the conversation regarding Ventolin. Ventolin does NOT help me at all when I have an asthma attack. I use Pro-Air and though it is not great it at least helps me to get a breath and breathe. Yes, I've been told numerous times they both contain Albuterol. All I can figure is the inert ingredients are not the same or possibly where they are manufactured, ventolin (UK), Proair (US). I surely wish Ventolin (salbutamol) helped me, it's the only inhaler my insurance covers/pays for and Proair costs me $70 a month to not go to hospital. Sometimes ginger tea helps me till I can get a refill. Hope this review helps someone.”

Ozzthegreat March 15, 2013

“I can't believe I suffered so long before I went to the doctor and he prescribed Ventolin to me. It has made my breathing so much easier. The only negatives at all is sometimes I'm dizzy for a while after using it, but that's to be expected.”

Vera · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2020

“Teva-Salbutamol or Generic ventolin is dangerous. I had to take one because ventolin is currently gone. What a horrible product. I'm using 8 puffs to get the same relief from the regular ventolin which also doesn't work as well anymore. I cannot believe this product is allowed on the market.”

5MileRunner · Taken for 10 years or more January 4, 2015

“Asthma for 40 years. Ventolin/Salbutamol works quickly and well to relieve an attack. Severe attacks respond to much higher doses in a nebulizer. It does come with erratic heart rates however, so should not be over used and should be accompanied by a corticosteroid inhaler like Becotide. (It is ridiculous that both Ventolin and Becotide had to be rejiggered to not use CFC gases for propulsion. Neither has been as good since).”

Gennie · Taken for 10 years or more December 30, 2019

“I have been using this product for 35 years. It's quality has gone down hill ever since the govs outlawed CFCs. It is not the same formulation. I have also noticed inconsistencies with the product. One time I can get one that works great and another time I need 6 puffs just to get a little relief. This company needs to be examined by health Canada. Pharmacists have told me that this product isnt what it used to be.”

Angel · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2018

“Wow. I’m completely surprised by the reviews on this. I think it goes to show every human being is different. Ventolin does nearly nothing for me. I was looking around to see how others felt. Mind blown.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 25, 2021

“Ventolin does not have an after taste, & as long as you keep an eye on the expiration date, it is effective most of the time. When it's not, I usually need a prescription for additional steroids, & do use a maintenance inhaler for regular treatment to prevent attacks.”

diceable · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2016

“I was admitted to hospital for an asthma attack. Had never taken any kind of breathing medication before, even though I'd had trouble with breathing (shortness of breath, tight chest, can't take deep breaths) for a while. I was given Ventolin. I didn't respond to the first few puffs through the inhaler and chamber spacer, so they gave me burst therapy, which involved taking 4-5 puffs every 20 minutes for 2 hours. After the first 40 minutes, I was shaking like crazy, couldn't sit still. This shaking persisted until I went to sleep that night. The ventolin inhaler they gave me DOESN'T help - only a very large dose of ventolin seems to ease the symptoms. Overall, good in high doses for severe asthma but comes with side effects.”

Sally Quindo · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2017

“Ventolin is a good product actually it makes me feel relieved whenever asthma hits me, I take 2-3 puffs and after a short span of time, I can breathe easily already. But I would like a Ventolin that doesn't need to be refilled because it so pricey that sometimes I have to sacrifice some things in order to prevent my asthma from hitting me from time to time. I would really appreciate it if someones innovates this kind of product.”

Anonymous June 8, 2009

“It works excellently. It's improved my son's hope for his asthma to get better.”

gogogirl · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 16, 2019

“Immediate relief”

human13 September 12, 2016

“Ventolin works perfectly, effective after 10sec.”

Anonymous July 15, 2009

“This did not help, the restricted my lungs from expanding. ”

Blue green November 30, 2016

“I took 3 puff I woke up puking my brains out went to er I was wicked dehydrated had get 3 bags if fluids.has any one ulse experience this!!!!!?????”