User Reviews for Ventolin

Learn more about Ventolin.

Ventolin Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for Ventolin to treat Asthma, acute

"I took 3 puff I woke up puking my brains out went to er I was wicked dehydrated had get 3 bags if fluids.has any one ulse experience this!!!!!?????"

Blue green November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was admitted to hospital for an asthma attack. Had never taken any kind of breathing medication before, even though I'd had trouble with breathing (shortness of breath, tight chest, can't take deep breaths) for a while. I was given Ventolin. I didn't respond to the first few puffs through the inhaler and chamber spacer, so they gave me burst therapy, which involved taking 4-5 puffs every 20 minutes for 2 hours. After the first 40 minutes, I was shaking like crazy, couldn't sit still. This shaking persisted until I went to sleep that night. The ventolin inhaler they gave me DOESN'T help - only a very large dose of ventolin seems to ease the symptoms. Overall, good in high doses for severe asthma but comes with side effects."

diceable (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ventolin works perfectly, effective after 10sec."

human13 September 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Asthma for 40 years. Ventolin/Salbutamol works quickly and well to relieve an attack. Severe attacks respond to much higher doses in a nebulizer. It does come with erratic heart rates however, so should not be over used and should be accompanied by a corticosteroid inhaler like Becotide. (It is ridiculous that both Ventolin and Becotide had to be rejiggered to not use CFC gases for propulsion. Neither has been as good since)."

5MileRunner (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I can't believe I suffered so long before I went to the doctor and he prescribed Ventolin to me. It has made my breathing so much easier. The only negatives at all is sometimes I'm dizzy for a while after using it, but that's to be expected."

Ozzthegreat March 15, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This did not help, the restricted my lungs from expanding. "

Anonymous July 15, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It works excellently. It's improved my son's hope for his asthma to get better."

Anonymous June 8, 2009