User Reviews for Levalbuterol

Also known as: Xopenex, Xopenex Concentrate, Xopenex HFA

Learn more about Levalbuterol.

Asthma 1 reviews 142 medications

COPD 1 reviews 38 medications

COPD, Acute 4 reviews 24 medications

Summary of Levalbuterol reviews 17 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Levalbuterol

Xopenex HFA (levalbuterol) for Asthma, acute: "My Xopenex HFA works very well for me. No side effects since I started using it. Works quickly for me. I started with an inhaler called Alupent which worked very well with no side effects. Then the powers that be no longer made this inhaler. I was then put on Albuterol which had very bad side effects for me. I had told the pharmacist & my doctor about my bad reaction to albuterol & they had told me it was a normal thing to have a slight tremor! When I went into the hospital for acute bronchitis, they gave me albuterol which caused me to shake so badly that my feet were bouncing on the bed. The med staff saw this so they could not say "Oh, you just had a tremor, which is normal!" Hence my doctor's nurse found Xopenex HFA for me!"

Abbz November 3, 2016

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for Asthma: "I love this kind of Xopenex its great works for me No any Side effect cause Tremor, shaking, nervous, heart race, etc. thats much better than altboutel.. Keep this for a great for people suffer asthma! Stars 10!"

Tornadolady September 25, 2016

For COPD: "Works almost as well as albuterol, but no nasty heart side effects."

pbugsmom (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2016

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Used as alternative to albuterol inhaler due to rapid heart rate after its use. Good for use during mild to moderate acute asthma. I use for mild asthma. If Xopenex inhaler doesn't completely work, I know it's time to step up treatment with regular nebulized medication & a doctors visit."

Anonymous March 10, 2015

Xopenex HFA (levalbuterol) for Asthma, acute: "This is the best rescue inhaler out there. It works as well as albuterol and doesn't make me half as jittery. I highly recommend it. Albuterol made my hands shake so badly, that people would ask me if I was okay. There is no reason to still take albuterol when Xopenex exists."

Ain't easy bein' wheezy (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2014

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I like this medicine better the others. Not too bad as far as side effects!"

Anonymous April 11, 2012

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "After taking albuterol (and various brands of albuterol) for years, I got a chance to try Xopenex almost a year ago, and I love it! I used to be scared to take albuterol, because it made me so shaky, even at only half the perscribed dose. But I can take the full dosage of Xopenex prescribed without feeling shaky at all!"

Anonymous January 26, 2012

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I took Mucinex along with Xopenex. I had a terrible feeling for about 6 hours. "

jonolson December 25, 2010

Xopenex HFA (levalbuterol) for Asthma, acute: "As a rescue inhaler - this one is the best! It does not cause you to feel jittery like the others do. It sometimes costs more than the other brands, but it is well worth it. My son has moderate asthma that is under excellent control, until the dreaded fall allergy season. He is very active and plays football and being exposed to his outdoor allergies in combination with the physical exercise, causes him to occasionally need the inhaler. He used to delay using his rescue inhaler because he did not want to feel jittery and he could not stand the taste the others put in the mouth. This brand gives him that immediate relief, but has exhibited no side effects in him. I can also testify first-hand as I used it when I had bronchitis."

Anonymous August 26, 2010

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for COPD, Acute: "Wonderful, wonderful medicine. The only problem is Medicare will not pay the providers for this brand name drug only for generic (which this drug is not). However, because of this the pharmacy will not fill the prescription if you are under Medicare insurance as they will lose money. (It is always about the dollar and not what is best for the patient). Xopenex is a wonderful medicine and I would recommend it to anyone. "

Anonymous June 4, 2010

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "It works so much better than albuterol. It doesn't make you choke and there is little or no heart racing after using it."

Anonymous December 9, 2009

For Asthma, acute: "This is significantly better than the albuterol. I've had asthma for 17 years and always suffered from horrible side effects of albuterol- racing heart, tremors, being jittery; I heard about levalbuterol and LOVE it- such an improvement- works just as well as albuterol with fewer side effects. Way to go!"

spatton07 November 15, 2009

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Provided as an alternative to albuterol as my sons heart beat went very high with albuterol. Very effective."

Anonymous November 11, 2009

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "32yr old female with copd and asthma. After trying several inhalers Xopenex is the best by far for me. Have experienced no side effects and it significantly opens my airways."

Anonymous November 7, 2009

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I have found this to work better for me than other medications I've used in a nebulizer. I use it four times a day and it helps me breath better. However, I still have to use Proventil HFA between my treatments. That could be because of the severity of my COPD."

vonjon August 6, 2009

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I have been using this for two months now and it is very helpful, a lot better than the albuterol solution I had for my nebulizer. This is wonderful. I can actually catch my breath with this and can walk a lot further using it."

moke September 17, 2008

Xopenex (levalbuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I used xopenex for the first time yesterday and found it to be very effective. It works fast and releaves the symptoms, I had no side effects."

charlie_s August 22, 2008