User Reviews for Anoro Ellipta

Anoro Ellipta has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 54 ratings on Drugs.com. 65% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

COPD
7.3
COPD, Maintenance
9.5
Summary of Anoro Ellipta reviews 7.5 54 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Anoro Ellipta

pissed off · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2019

For COPD: “I just want to know why the Anoro Ellipta drug company GlaxoSmithKline are ripping people off with a Price of over $400.00 dollars for your product. People like me on SS can not afford that. You ought to hang your heads in shame.”

jesse bennett June 30, 2014

For COPD: “I"m 74 years old, old, have been on Anoro 3 weeks feel 10 or 15 years younger, can walk a long time without getting out of breath. Take 1 puff of Anoro in the morning, no other breathing treatments during the day with no side effects its a great medication. Before taking Anoro I took 4 to 6 treatments in nebulizer daily. I wish I could stay on it, but is too expensive for me, I highly recommend it for those that can afford it.”

Shirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2019

For COPD: “Was diagnosed with COPD was having difficulty breathing was difficult trying to get through days without suffering trying to catch my breath. Extremely difficult trying to work and maintain my house. My Doctor then prescribed ANORO after a breathing test and it totally changed my life completely!!!! The only thing is it's so expensive, too expensive for people to purchase. There's no generic. Great product but great price too!!!! Way too Expensive!!!! .”

Newcopddx November 11, 2019

For COPD: “I've been on Anoro for about 7 months ..at first I thought it was helping with my breathing and I wasn't as short of breath. I could actually do some housework without huffing and puffing. But I started having these excruciating leg pains. I didn't correlate them to the inhaler as they didn't start right away and I thought it was an odd side effect. But I continued to have them. I also have fibromyalgia. But I had never had leg aches and pains like this. My upper thighs were so painful always aching and throbbing. I would take ibuprofen daily and at night and take flexeril and klonopin at night to help me sleep along with placing a heating pad on my thighs. They are still hurting. I went off a lot of my meds trying to figure out which one it could be. But not until I went a few days without the anoro because we lost our insurance did my leg pain get better. I haven't started any other medicine back for my COPD”

Daviders472 January 25, 2017

For COPD: “Game Changer! I have tried most all of them in several forms. Then: Anoro Elipta! I started this medication about two weeks ago. I had not walked over twenty minutes at a time in a couple years. Just got back from a eighty minute walk and feel great. My pace was 20 minutes a mile, about 2 feet a step, according to my Fitbit Charge HR 2. I could have gone longer and farther, but do not want to push it or light up my knees. It is hard for me to believe. I am a 67 year old man with COPD. Anoro may increase my HR and BP for a about 30 minutes right after I use it, but those readings go lower than baseline even with exercise. A lot lower. I hope it works for you!”

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2018

For COPD: “76 yr old male, had given up on having a normal life and always have salbutamol in my pocket. Just started on Anoro and I am amazed. I am mad at myself for not knowing about this for the past few years. I am living in Mexico (Alamos Sonora) and loving it. My prescription cost me $38 for a 30 day supply which is a reason to take a trip down here. Not a generic, the same as the US.”

Feeling Thankful July 4, 2015

For COPD: “I am 56 years old and have been diagnosed with severe emphysema. Up until 3 days ago I was at the point that inhalers were not doing much good at all and I was overusing them and having heart palpitations and the only thing that helped was my nebulizer. But even that did not produce great results and I felt limited in everything that I did. I was fearful to take my grandchild anywhere by myself and quite frankly was fearful of going alone anywhere due to my breathing. My pulmonologist put me on this medicine 3 days ago and what a huge difference it made in my breathing. I have not had to do breathing treatments or inhalers from the time of my first dose. This medicine has been a huge blessing and life changing for me also.”

Cindylee. December 1, 2016

For COPD: “I had been wheezing and short of breath for 3 months without any relief. I had been on the same inhalers for over 10 years and they were no longer effective. I started anoro ellipta. I started noticing a change within 3 days. I haven't needed my nebulizer or albuterol.inhaler. I would recommend this medication to anyone with copd.”

Zimm · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2018

For COPD: “Diagnosed with COPD 7 or 8 years ago at stage 1. The disease has progressed to stage 4. I've tried more inhalers over the years than I can remember. My pulmonary Dr. suggested I try Anoro and after the first inhale my life was changed. No side effects at all and no more having to stop to breath just walking from one room to another. This medication as far as I'm concerned is a miracle drug.”

Happy chappy · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2018

For COPD: “I've only just been diagnosed with COPD and although I was told it was severe and with only 19% lung capacity. I was getting by as I was always fit and active but I couldn't walk and talk without being breathless but now after only a week I can walk and can't shut up! This is an amazing drug and more people need to get on it! I'm 46 and stopped smoking 6 months ago. Get on this wheezers!”

102160 May 21, 2017

For COPD: “Newly diagnosed with Stage 3 COPD at 56. Tried two other medicines first with no relief. Switched to Anoro, and BAM! I can breathe again. I don't know what the long term effects will be, but it has given me some hope that I will be able to function well enough to take care of myself and exercise.”

Suzy · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2018

For COPD: “I started anoro on May 16th 2018 I've been on it for 6 days now and I noticed some side effects such as a sore throat, cold symptoms, stiff neck, constipation. It does help me breath a little better but I don't like the side effects. And I can do without them as I have other health issues. I'm 54 and I don't need anoro to make them worse. I hope this helps other people who are taking anoro.”

Pville April 17, 2017

For COPD: “I can not believe this drug.I t is truly a miracle. I could not even walk without gasping for breath and I had given up hope that my quality of life would ever be normal. I am so thankful that anoro has helped me live again.”

Anna · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2020

For COPD: “I began using Anoro Ellipta Innhaler one month ago for COPD and have not experienced any improvement what so ever in my shortness of breath or quality of life. It is said you get what you pay for but in this case the exorbitant cost was a waste of money especially for a person on Medicare....”

Peg leg November 25, 2016

For COPD: “I'm only on day 1 and I'm amazed at the difference in such a short time. I've gone from gasping for breath to being mildly puffed, more energy and I can move quicker. I can see it's going to change the quality of my life. I have emphysemia and am 62 years. Thank you for developing this drug as my previous inhaler and puffers were not helping anymore. Thankyou”

jackieturner · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2017

For COPD: “I truly believe that I was allergic to all of the meds I have been taking for the past 7 years. I started taking Anoro Ellipta 4 months ago and with the first inhale I could feel the oxygen hitting every cell of my body. It was the best feeling in the world. Still today I feel the same. I never use the emergency inhaler anymore. I have very severe COPD I thought I was going to die every day for years but now I think I can live another 20.”

Old Geezer · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 26, 2020

For COPD: “I've had COPD for about 15 years. I was using Spiriva and it was working ok I thought, but about 2 years ago my doctor switched me to Anora. I started having terrible nightmares while sleeping and after about 3 months every joint in my body ached all the time. I told my doctor about it and was switched to Incruse. After a week on it I couldn't breath worth a hoot so I switched back to Anora. Two years on it now and still having terrible nightmares every night and my joints hurt so bad I can barely walk are use my arms. And Anora must have moon dust as one of the ingredients. Nothing on planet earth could possibly cost this much for such a small amount.”

Better in Wichita · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2016

For COPD: “I've recently been diagnosed with advanced COPD with Dyspnea. I've tried 3 different inhalers. The first 2 left me confused and scared that I wouldn't feel any better. Then I tried Anoro Ellipta. I am so pleased with the improvement. I feel so much better and I'm so glad to know I don't have to live frightened with the wheezing and shortness of breath anymore. And it only takes 1 puff a day. I haven't been on it long but I thank God everyday that I found it.”

bariffel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 5, 2018

For COPD: “I use anoro at the moment. And it does help me some but the price is so expensive I can't afford it. I don't have a lot of money with only being on disability. I do pretty well until late afternoon when I take one puff in the morning. I am 56 and have advanced COPD. I've got to get something cheaper that I can afford to take, but still has the same effects and works.”

JunieMarie September 9, 2015

For COPD: “I am 54 years old with severe COPD, I have been in and out of hospital over the past 3 years. It seemed no matter what I did or took, within a week or two of leaving the hospital I started having exacerbations reaching desperately for my nebulizar rescue treatment several times a day. A month ago I was given samples to try for a month. I haven't used the nebulizer for maintenance (4 times a day) nor needed a rescue treatment since using this medication. BUT at the end of the month the pain in my joints has brought me to tears, I've had very little energy and having nightmares every night. I am to try another medication for a month, hopefully I'll still be able to go without needing to use the nebulizer treatments and less side effects”

Jef · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 5, 2020

For COPD: “I took Anoro off and on for 3 years or COPD. Each time I took it for a few months and I had severe leg pain. I would stop and the pain would be gone in 2 -3 days. Then the doctor and pharmacist would tell me I was wrong that Anoro didn't cause muscle pain. The pain became so terrible that I could not walk more than 7 - 10 steps at a time. I stopped it for good and relied on rescue inhalers for when I struggled for breathe. Two and one-half years ago I switched to Trelegy. I like it very, very much. The 1 1/2 years ago, I was diagnosed with axonal polyneuropathy. Then the doctor for a renown institution wondered if the beta agonist had caused the neuropathy. Unfortunate, as I now have a life long degenerative disease that MAY have been caused by Anoro and beta agonist.”

Glinski January 30, 2018

For COPD: “I just started but so far it’s been amazing I can breath again The lump in my throat is finally gone after nearly 3 years Tears are running down my face and yet I can still breath Can this be real and please god I hope it lasts My rattling chest is clear and I can finish a sentence without my nose dripping and my rattling ole cough is no more”

C A September 28, 2016

For COPD: “Long history of lack of physical stamina in spite of as much exercise as I could manage. Three doses of Anoro and it all changed. 6 months now and no problem with the medicine. Jost hope it continues.”

Chantress · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2020

For COPD: “I started using Anoro three weeks ago and was amazed at how I felt; like a youngster and have reached a point that I can walk short distances around the neighborhood without getting short of breath or having to stop to catch my breath. The down side is I started having leg pain and cramps and pelvis and crouch pain; very uncomfortable. I don't know what is going on but I'm researching. I am also tired all the time. It is an effort to get basic things done. I can breath but I'm too tired to do anything.”

Far Away · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 31, 2021

For COPD: “I moved from Fostair and Spiriva to Anoro. Initially it was a relieve not having to take the drug twice a day but the side effects are really bad for me. An hour after taking Anoro I get a decent headache which lasts till mid afternoon. Anoro also gives me constipation and shortness of breath (unless my COPD got worse and causes it) and walks of an hour are a thing of the past.”