Do you have to rinse your mouth after using Anoro Ellipta?
Medically reviewed by Leigh Ann Anderson, PharmD. Last updated on April 2, 2020.
Anoro Ellipta is used once-daily to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) over the long-term. Anoro combines two inhaled COPD bronchodilator agents, umeclidinium bromide, a long-acting muscarinic antagonist and vilanterol, a long-acting beta2-agonist. Anoro, from GlaxoSmithKline, is administered using the Ellipta inhaler.
The product label does not state that you rinse your mouth after using Anoro, because Anoro does not contain a corticosteroid medicine. You should rinse your mouth after you inhale a corticosteroid (such as fluticasone) to help prevent mouth or throat fungal infections like thrush, but this is not a concern with Anoro. You may experience a mild sore throat when using Anoro.
This medication works by work by relaxing muscles in the airways to improve breathing and to reduce the number of flare-ups (the worsening of your COPD symptoms). Anoro Ellipta is for use only in people with COPD and should not be used to treat asthma or as a rescue (quick-acting) inhaler such as albuterol.
- Anoro Ellipta. [package insert]. Research Triangle Park, NC. GlaxoSmithKline. May 2019. Accessed April 2, 2020. https://www.gsksource.com/pharma/content/dam/GlaxoSmithKline/US/en/Prescribing_Information/Anoro_Ellipta/pdf/ANORO-ELLIPTA-PI-PIL-IFU.PDF
Related Medical Questions
- How long does it take for Anoro Ellipta to start working?
- Can Anoro and albuterol be used together?
- Is Anoro Ellipta a steroid medication?
- How much does Anoro Ellipta cost without insurance?
- Can Anoro Ellipta and Advair be used together?
- Can Anoro Ellipta and Breo Ellipta be used together?
- Trelegy vs Anoro: Which is better?
- How do you use an Anoro Ellipta inhaler?
- Anoro Ellipta Information for Consumers
- Anoro Ellipta Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Anoro Ellipta (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Anoro Ellipta (10 questions, 13 members)