How long does it take for Anoro Ellipta to start working?
Medically reviewed by Leigh Ann Anderson, PharmD. Last updated on April 2, 2020.
Anoro (umeclidinium and vilanterol) will be absorbed into your lungs quickly (usually within 5 to 15 minutes) after you take your dose; however, it is NOT used as a rescue inhaler for quick action when you have sudden breathing problems.
Anoro Ellipta is used as a once-daily inhaler as a maintenance treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) over the long-term. Anoro is only inhaled once per day because the medication effect lasts for at least 24 hours. Use your Anoro Ellipta inhaler at the same time every day. Anoro, from GlaxoSmithKline, is administered using the Ellipta inhaler.
You’ll still need to use your rescue inhaler (for example, albuterol) for emergency situations when you are having breathing problems. Anoro Ellipta is not approved to treat asthma.
- Anoro Ellipta. [package insert]. Research Triangle Park, NC. GlaxoSmithKline. May 2019. Accessed April 2, 2020. https://www.gsksource.com/pharma/content/dam/GlaxoSmithKline/US/en/Prescribing_Information/Anoro_Ellipta/pdf/ANORO-ELLIPTA-PI-PIL-IFU.PDF
Related Medical Questions
- Can Anoro and albuterol be used together?
- Do you have to rinse your mouth after using Anoro Ellipta?
- Is Anoro Ellipta a steroid medication?
- How much does Anoro Ellipta cost without insurance?
- Can Anoro Ellipta and Advair be used together?
- Can Anoro Ellipta and Breo Ellipta be used together?
- Trelegy vs Anoro: Which is better?
- Anoro Ellipta Information for Consumers
- Anoro Ellipta Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Anoro Ellipta (detailed)