Can Anoro and albuterol be used together?
Medically reviewed by Leigh Ann Anderson, PharmD Last updated on Apr 2, 2020.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
You should use an inhaled, short-acting beta-2 agonist such as albuterol (ProAir, Proventil, Ventolin) if you have acute breathing symptoms due to your chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Your doctor will prescribe a fast-acting bronchodilator medication for you to have on hand in case you need it to help you breathe better quickly. Anoro Ellipta is not meant to relieve emergency breathing problems of COPD.
Ask your doctor how you should use your albuterol inhaler for your COPD and the maximum inhalations per day. Contact your doctor if your breathing problems do not improve.
Anoro Ellipta is used as a once-daily inhaler to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) over the long-term.
- It combines umeclidinium bromide, a long-acting muscarinic antagonist and vilanterol, a long-acting beta2-agonist.
- Anoro should be inhaled at the same time each day.
- Do not use extra doses of Anoro.
Combining beta agonists medications may lead to certain side effects such as a fast heart rate, shakiness, elevated blood pressure, chest pain or abnormal heart rhythm. Discuss these side effects with your doctor. Tell your doctor if you have high blood pressure or heart disease. You may need additional monitoring for heart side effects.
- Anoro Ellipta. [package insert]. Research Triangle Park, NC. GlaxoSmithKline. May 2019. Accessed April 2, 2020. https://www.gsksource.com/pharma/content/dam/GlaxoSmithKline/US/en/Prescribing_Information/Anoro_Ellipta/pdf/ANORO-ELLIPTA-PI-PIL-IFU.PDF
Related Medical Questions
- Do you have to rinse your mouth after using Anoro Ellipta?
- Is Anoro Ellipta a steroid medication?
- How long does it take for Anoro Ellipta to start working?
- How much does Anoro Ellipta cost without insurance?
- Can Anoro Ellipta and Breo Ellipta be used together?
- Can Anoro Ellipta and Advair be used together?
- Anoro Ellipta Information for Consumers
- Anoro Ellipta Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Anoro Ellipta (detailed)