Is Anoro Ellipta a steroid medication?
No, Anoro is not a steroid (corticosteroid) medication and does not contain any steroids. Anoro contains two inhaled bronchodilator agents: umeclidinium, a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA, also known as an anticholinergic agent) and vilanterol, a long-acting beta2-agonist (LABA).
Anoro Ellipta is used once-daily to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) over the long-term (for maintenance treatment). Anoro should not be used to treat asthma or as a rescue (quick-acting) inhaler such as albuterol. Anoro is not for sudden breathing problems.
Anoro works by relaxing the muscles around the airways in your lungs and makes it easier for you to get air in and out of your lungs. This helps to prevent symptoms such as wheezing, cough, chest tightness, and shortness of breath.
Anoro, from GlaxoSmithKline, is administered using the Ellipta inhaler.
- Anoro Ellipta. [package insert]. Research Triangle Park, NC. GlaxoSmithKline. May 2019. Accessed April 2, 2020. https://www.gsksource.com/pharma/content/dam/GlaxoSmithKline/US/en/Prescribing_Information/Anoro_Ellipta/pdf/ANORO-ELLIPTA-PI-PIL-IFU.PDF
Related medical questions
- Trelegy vs Anoro: Which is better?
- How long does it take for Anoro Ellipta to start working?
- How much does Anoro Ellipta cost without insurance?
- Do you have to rinse your mouth after using Anoro Ellipta?
- Can Anoro and albuterol be used together?
- Can Anoro Ellipta and Advair be used together?
- Can Anoro Ellipta and Breo Ellipta be used together?
- How do you use an Anoro Ellipta inhaler?
- Anoro Ellipta Information for Consumers
- Anoro Ellipta prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Anoro Ellipta (detailed)
Related support groups
- Anoro Ellipta (9 questions, 15 members)