User Reviews for Spiriva Respimat

5.8

Asthma, Maintenance

Summary of Spiriva Respimat reviews 5.2 10 reviews

Reviews for Spiriva Respimat

For Asthma, Maintenance "Almost broke the twisthaler just now. First time using it. What a waste of money. They could have put the medicine in a little easy-to-use puffer inhaler but then they could not charge so much for it. They think people are stupid. What a gimmick. Hope this stuff works but the damn mist made me cough and choke . I have no illusions that the medicine will not have a load of side effects like all the rest."

Pearlymae August 13, 2018

For COPD, Maintenance "I was using spiriva capsules for almost 10 yrs with no problem. Recently my insurance company stopped covering it and switched to the respimat. The first two nights I was kept awake with restless leg. In just 5 days, I'm dealing with urine retention, sinus issues, hoarse voice and constipation. It may work well for some but not me. I wish they would leave well enough alone. I don't believe these changes are to benefit the patients; only the insurance companies and Big Pharma. Other wise they would not force people to switch to a new medication, when the one they are on is working just fine. I'm so sick and tired of being an experiment for the drug companies, who probably give the insurance co a deal. I was told that it was easier to use. Ease of use is meaningless to me if the side effects make me feel worse than the condition they are suppose to treat. We are all different and it may work fine for others. I think it is too strong for me."

Sue May 15, 2018

For COPD, Maintenance "Started using respimat version Spiriva. Every other use of this button sticks in so it delivers when I turn it. Hope next respimat box operates correctly."

Mwalt80 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using Spiriva*Respimat 2.5 mcg along with Zenhale MDI 5/200mcg for a year now and in that short period I've acquired so much bloating to my face and body and have gained almost 50 lbs using these two drugs. I now have severe breathing problems, cannot go upstairs and/or for a walk without panting/huffing/ breathing heavier where sometimes I cannot take a breath (than I ever did before taking these two puffers) ... which is very scary. I was on two other Asthma medication before which never caused me any side effects. Am going to go back to them and hopefully will lose the extra pounds I've put on and in the few days since I've stopped taking these two puffers my breathing has improved quite a lot."

none (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2018

For COPD, Maintenance "I used spiriva respimat for four weeks and after two weeks my voice started to go hoarse. I stopped after 4 weeks and it is now 5 weeks that I have had no voice and can barely whisper. I initially benefitted from usage but it made very little difference. I am desperate to know if I will ever get my voice back. My doctor is arranging for me to see an ENT specialist."

keyol December 19, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "I was recently given this inhaler to try, by my doctor. I smoked for 47 years. 4 years ago I quit and I used to exercise a lot, was a dancer on weekends and free time, maybe my COPD did not get as bad because of it, oxygenation is greater when you do cardiovascular exercise. I am also an asthma patient since I was a kid. I developed Polymyalgia Rheumatica, a very painful illness that can only be treated with prednisone. I got so fat I had to quit dancing. I noticed I was getting very tired and short of breath every time I had to walk long distances or climb stairs. 2 months I used this medicine. I was so happy I could finally breath while climbing stairs and doing cardio. Only problem is, it too expensive and medical insurance not covers."

adnoira (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "I have been using spiriva respimat for several months now for Copd. why is it important not to cover the vents on mouth piece which i have been doing ever since i been using it . my doctor never told me not to i just read about it recently. i really dont think that i have been benefiting from the inhaler that much. could this be the reason? i am not covering the vents any longer the information i read says not to but why . maybe people are using the same as i did hopefully this will help several people. thank you"

angel in heaven August 7, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "I was prescribed Spiriva Respimat just three weeks ago and the results have been amazingly effective. I was a smoker from the age of 12 until the age of 71, and was finally able to quit 11 years ago. I have been suffering the effects of COPD for at least the last 3 or 4 years (maybe longer) but the condition has gone undiagnosed until very recently. I was unable to walk to my mailbox or take a shower without becoming extremely exhausted. I was constantly coughing up large amounts of phlegm, both day and night, making getting a good night's sleep difficult, if not impossible. I have not woken up once in the past two weeks to cough up phlegm, although I still cough up small amounts of phlegm during the day. I have not suffered any allergies."

Beryl Franklin (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "My problem is not with the medicine, but rather the inhaler itself. The Spiriva Respimat. Hate it with a passion! I've had to make three separate trips to the pharmacy to get a replacement. After the first time I was so careful to use it both, properly and carefully. Did it help? NO! And it is a waste of time, money and I'm unable to use the thing until I go to the pharmacist and get a replacement! Apparently, Kaiser insurance doesn't want to pay for any other Spiriva inhaler. I am currently trying to find where I can leave a formal complaint."

Cindelli (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "Ease of use is great. I used the capsule type for many years and hated it every morning. Removing capsule from package, inserting cap into device. It was difficult because I have tremors in hands."

Weldon Skinner (taken for 10 years or more) October 26, 2015