User Reviews for Spiriva Respimat

Learn more about Spiriva Respimat.

COPD, Maintenance 5 reviews 46 medications

7.4
Summary of Spiriva Respimat reviews 5 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Spiriva Respimat

For COPD, Maintenance "I was recently given this inhaler to try, by my doctor. I smoked for 47 years. 4 years ago I quit and I used to exercise a lot, was a dancer on weekends and free time, maybe my COPD did not get as bad because of it, oxygenation is greater when you do cardiovascular exercise. I am also an asthma patient since I was a kid. I developed Polymyalgia Rheumatica, a very painful illness that can only be treated with prednisone. I got so fat I had to quit dancing. I noticed I was getting very tired and short of breath every time I had to walk long distances or climb stairs. 2 months I used this medicine. I was so happy I could finally breath while climbing stairs and doing cardio. Only problem is, it too expensive and medical insurance not covers."

adnoira (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "I have been using spiriva respimat for several months now for Copd. why is it important not to cover the vents on mouth piece which i have been doing ever since i been using it . my doctor never told me not to i just read about it recently. i really dont think that i have been benefiting from the inhaler that much. could this be the reason? i am not covering the vents any longer the information i read says not to but why . maybe people are using the same as i did hopefully this will help several people. thank you"

angel in heaven August 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "I was prescribed Spiriva Respimat just three weeks ago and the results have been amazingly effective. I was a smoker from the age of 12 until the age of 71, and was finally able to quit 11 years ago. I have been suffering the effects of COPD for at least the last 3 or 4 years (maybe longer) but the condition has gone undiagnosed until very recently. I was unable to walk to my mailbox or take a shower without becoming extremely exhausted. I was constantly coughing up large amounts of phlegm, both day and night, making getting a good night's sleep difficult, if not impossible. I have not woken up once in the past two weeks to cough up phlegm, although I still cough up small amounts of phlegm during the day. I have not suffered any allergies."

Beryl Franklin (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "My problem is not with the medicine, but rather the inhaler itself. The Spiriva Respimat. Hate it with a passion! I've had to make three separate trips to the pharmacy to get a replacement. After the first time I was so careful to use it both, properly and carefully. Did it help? NO! And it is a waste of time, money and I'm unable to use the thing until I go to the pharmacist and get a replacement! Apparently, Kaiser insurance doesn't want to pay for any other Spiriva inhaler. I am currently trying to find where I can leave a formal complaint."

Cindelli (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "Ease of use is great. I used the capsule type for many years and hated it every morning. Removing capsule from package, inserting cap into device. It was difficult because I have tremors in hands."

Weldon Skinner (taken for 10 years or more) October 26, 2015