User Reviews for Spiriva Respimat to treat COPD, Maintenance

Spiriva Respimat has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of COPD, Maintenance. 40% of those users who reviewed Spiriva Respimat reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Spiriva Respimat Rating Summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 60 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Maintenance.

Reviews for Spiriva Respimat

Kiteflyer.uk · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2021

“I have only been using this inhaler for over a week. I can't believe the difference. I can walk up a slope and not be panting for breath. It is so easy to take as the mist comes out slowly its easier to breathe it in. It is better than other inhalers to take. I was shown how to take it by my respiratory nurse.”

Anonymous March 25, 2021

“Since my insurance would not cover my Anoro, my doctor put me on this Respimat covered by my insurance. This was the worse contraption I had ever seen in an inhaler -- imossible to use. My son had to put it together as I couldn't figure it out, and it took him a couple of minutes to do it! I have not been able to use it because I am wasting the medication! I am 73 and still have my wits about me but not able to use this inhaler! I feel very sorry for those seniors who have mental problems trying to use this inhaler! I don't know who invented something like this, but they need t go back to the drawing board! I am now without an inhaler!”

Sparkyron2 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 20, 2020

“I have been using it for about a year. It works fine. I have had no side effects.”

Sue May 15, 2018

“I was using spiriva capsules for almost 10 yrs with no problem. Recently my insurance company stopped covering it and switched to the respimat. The first two nights I was kept awake with restless leg. In just 5 days, I'm dealing with urine retention, sinus issues, hoarse voice and constipation. It may work well for some but not me. I wish they would leave well enough alone. I don't believe these changes are to benefit the patients; only the insurance companies and Big Pharma. Other wise they would not force people to switch to a new medication, when the one they are on is working just fine. I'm so sick and tired of being an experiment for the drug companies, who probably give the insurance co a deal. I was told that it was easier to use. Ease of use is meaningless to me if the side effects make me feel worse than the condition they are suppose to treat. We are all different and it may work fine for others. I think it is too strong for me.”

Beryl Franklin · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2016

“I was prescribed Spiriva Respimat just three weeks ago and the results have been amazingly effective. I was a smoker from the age of 12 until the age of 71, and was finally able to quit 11 years ago. I have been suffering the effects of COPD for at least the last 3 or 4 years (maybe longer) but the condition has gone undiagnosed until very recently. I was unable to walk to my mailbox or take a shower without becoming extremely exhausted. I was constantly coughing up large amounts of phlegm, both day and night, making getting a good night's sleep difficult, if not impossible. I have not woken up once in the past two weeks to cough up phlegm, although I still cough up small amounts of phlegm during the day. I have not suffered any allergies.”

Charles · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 2, 2020

“Yeah I tried it for 3 months it sucks it gives me an automatic headache. Doctor recommended that I go back on the handihaler, and once I went back to it I didn't have all the headaches and other stomach complaints that I had with the respimat mist, sorry you failed at it give us savings cards towards the handihaler it will save money.”

Mindypin · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 12, 2019

“I have been on Spiriva Respimat over two years, and it works well. I have severe COPD, and it definitely helps. It's easy to inhale because the medicine is under pressure so it flows out of the device easily, meaning I think I get more in my lungs. My insurance company is playing doctor again, and won't cover it any longer. Now I have to switch. Oh well...”

adnoira · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2017

“I was recently given this inhaler to try, by my doctor. I smoked for 47 years. 4 years ago I quit and I used to exercise a lot, was a dancer on weekends and free time, maybe my COPD did not get as bad because of it, oxygenation is greater when you do cardiovascular exercise. I am also an asthma patient since I was a kid. I developed Polymyalgia Rheumatica, a very painful illness that can only be treated with prednisone. I got so fat I had to quit dancing. I noticed I was getting very tired and short of breath every time I had to walk long distances or climb stairs. 2 months I used this medicine. I was so happy I could finally breath while climbing stairs and doing cardio. Only problem is, it too expensive and medical insurance not covers.”

keyol December 19, 2017

“I used spiriva respimat for four weeks and after two weeks my voice started to go hoarse. I stopped after 4 weeks and it is now 5 weeks that I have had no voice and can barely whisper. I initially benefitted from usage but it made very little difference. I am desperate to know if I will ever get my voice back. My doctor is arranging for me to see an ENT specialist.”

Cindelli · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2016

“My problem is not with the medicine, but rather the inhaler itself. The Spiriva Respimat. Hate it with a passion! I've had to make three separate trips to the pharmacy to get a replacement. After the first time I was so careful to use it both, properly and carefully. Did it help? NO! And it is a waste of time, money and I'm unable to use the thing until I go to the pharmacist and get a replacement! Apparently, Kaiser insurance doesn't want to pay for any other Spiriva inhaler. I am currently trying to find where I can leave a formal complaint.”

angel in heaven August 7, 2016

“I have been using spiriva respimat for several months now for Copd. why is it important not to cover the vents on mouth piece which i have been doing ever since i been using it . my doctor never told me not to i just read about it recently. i really dont think that i have been benefiting from the inhaler that much. could this be the reason? i am not covering the vents any longer the information i read says not to but why . maybe people are using the same as i did hopefully this will help several people. thank you”

Wife · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2019

“This Spiriva Respimat caused my husband to grasp for air because it caused his throat to close”

Nick February 10, 2020

“No clue if this has ever done a thing for me. I don't know why I take it.”

Sammy January 8, 2019

“Spiriva worked great but I could not continue due to an extremely itchy skin issue, it was unbearable.”

Weldon Skinner · Taken for 10 years or more October 26, 2015

“Ease of use is great. I used the capsule type for many years and hated it every morning. Removing capsule from package, inserting cap into device. It was difficult because I have tremors in hands.”

Mwalt80 · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2018

“Started using respimat version Spiriva. Every other use of this button sticks in so it delivers when I turn it. Hope next respimat box operates correctly.”