User Reviews for Ventolin HFA

Learn more about Ventolin HFA.

Bronchiectasis 1 reviews 150 medications

Asthma, acute 2 reviews 160 medications

7.5
Asthma, Maintenance 3 reviews 118 medications

COPD, Maintenance 4 reviews 46 medications

6.5
Summary of Ventolin HFA reviews 10 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Ventolin HFA

For Asthma, Maintenance "Right now, I am waiting for my doctor to renew my prescription so I can get my medication. The inhaler I am currently using shows it has 122 puffs left, and its empty. This isn't the first time I've had one of these go dry before its used up. Now, without an inhaler, I have to hope that the doctor on Monday will send in the renewal. Fortunately, unless the pharmacy will provide a new inhaler to compensate for the defective one, I am out the money that was paid for it. Oh, it does work, when it has medication in it."

Richland Washington Davis. February 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "My main complaint is that the inhaler seems to be empty before the 200 puffs are used. It seems to help well for the first 150 to 175 puffs, then stops feeling effective. I carefully following how to use it & don't know why I am not getting the right dosage throughout."

mathgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "Took regular for about 3 weeks. Started severe muscle cramps, bone pain, cough, sputum production, sleeplessness,, voice change,spinning sensation, blurred vision, respiratory infection. Stopped about 2 months. Still having severe muscle cramps and bone pain. How long will this last?Could it have lowered creatine kinase , potassium, or magnesium."

Ugly girl December 24, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, acute "I have had asthma for 45 years. I started on this medication when I was very young. It's always worked very well for me. I have had physicians try to change it to something else but I always end up requesting they change me back to Ventolin. It just works."

Montry (taken for 10 years or more) June 13, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, acute "I have allergy induced asthma. Ventolin helps me breath better. Worked excellent at first then needed additional maintenance meds, Singulair and a steroid inhaler (Asmanex Twisthaler). I also take Allegra, Flonase, and Astelin to control my allergies and asthma."

Steve0376 May 17, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchiectasis "for never being on an inhaler before this works very very well. I've had a pretty bad cough for almost 2 years that was diagnosed as rhinitis and we tried nasal sprays and allergy medications this is like a breath of fresh air in my lungs. I'd recommend it, just watch for dry mouth!"

Jillian51894 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "I have been prescribed several maintenance medications to control my COPD over the past 4 years. Ventolin has proved to be, by far, the best medication I have used. Very quick acting & reassuring."

Granny-T (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 14, 2012

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Best working inhaler I have found."

Anonymous July 3, 2011

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Preferred to others."

Anonymous October 24, 2009

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "My husband has COPD and our doctor recently changed his albuterol inhaler to Ventolin. His other one was not working like it should. He has been on the Ventolin for about 2 weeks and it works great. He does not have to use it as much and it lasts much longer than his previous one. He loves this inhaler."

Anonymous January 23, 2009