User Reviews for Ventolin HFA to treat COPD, Maintenance

Ventolin HFA has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of COPD, Maintenance. 60% of those users who reviewed Ventolin HFA reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Ventolin HFA Rating Summary

7.2/10 average rating

Compare all 60 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Maintenance.

Carole · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 24, 2019

“I am a cancer patient who developed COPD following chemotherapy and radiation. I use Ventolin for those times I am suddenly short of breath. I’m reviewing Ventolin to respond to several comments that the inhaler stops working before all of the 204 uses have been used. This was happening to me — several times — and was frustrating: insurance only allows refills every 30 days, and my co-pay is expensive. I took my inoperable Ventolin in and complained to my pharmacist. The counter indicated 75 uses remaining — I had wasted 10 attempts trying to get medication dispensed. My pharmacist removed the canister from the dispenser and rinsed the dispenser under very warm water. I let it air dry for ages She reassembled the inhaler and it worked perfectly! Ventolin has been very important in “rescue” occasions when I very suddenly and without warning cannot breathe. This happens so unexpectedly that I don’t go anywhere without my Ventolin inhaler.”

mathgirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 28, 2016

“My main complaint is that the inhaler seems to be empty before the 200 puffs are used. It seems to help well for the first 150 to 175 puffs, then stops feeling effective. I carefully following how to use it & don't know why I am not getting the right dosage throughout.”

Ugly girl December 24, 2016

“Took regular for about 3 weeks. Started severe muscle cramps, bone pain, cough, sputum production, sleeplessness,, voice change,spinning sensation, blurred vision, respiratory infection. Stopped about 2 months. Still having severe muscle cramps and bone pain. How long will this last?Could it have lowered creatine kinase , potassium, or magnesium.”

Anonymous January 23, 2009

“My husband has COPD and our doctor recently changed his albuterol inhaler to Ventolin. His other one was not working like it should. He has been on the Ventolin for about 2 weeks and it works great. He does not have to use it as much and it lasts much longer than his previous one. He loves this inhaler.”

Granny-T · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 14, 2012

“I have been prescribed several maintenance medications to control my COPD over the past 4 years. Ventolin has proved to be, by far, the best medication I have used. Very quick acting & reassuring.”