User Reviews for Theophylline

Also known as: Aerolate III, Aerolate JR, Aerolate SR, Aquaphyllin, Asmalix, Bronkodyl, Constant-T, Elixophyllin, Quibron-T, Quibron-T/SR, Respbid, Slo-Bid Gyrocaps, Slo-Phyllin, Slo-Phyllin 125, Slo-Phyllin 250, ...show all 34 brand names

Learn more about Theophylline.

Asthma, Maintenance 6 reviews 116 medications

9.3
Asthma, acute 3 reviews 164 medications

6.5
Summary of Theophylline reviews 9 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Theophylline

For Asthma, acute: "My asthma has been uncontrolled for years. I have tried everything under the sun to help. My doctor put me on theophylline....the first week I thought I would die from the nausea...then...wow...I was almost normal!!!! I had not felt that great in forever!!!! I went back to my doctor...told him...his response...I'm sorry but I can't keep you on this medication. I was so upset I couldn't even ask...why? It was like a miracle for me. Now I'm back to suffering everyday of my life."

Ms. Serious (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance: "I took theophylline as a child for 5 years, and it's hard for me to give it a rating. It saved my life. I had asthma so bad that nothing else could control it, and there were no alternatives available then. However, it has damaged my heart, and I now must take a Beta-Blocker daily to control my chronic tachycardia. Someday, my heart may wear out sooner than it should have. But I guess if I hadn't been on theophylline, I wouldn't have made it to age 11. If there is any alternative that can work for you, please try it first. If this is literally your lifesaver, then the long term heart effects are worth the trade off. Not everyone who takes this long term gets heart damage, but it's very likely. It's rarely prescribed due to this."

remindjess (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 23, 2016

Quibron-T (theophylline) for Asthma, acute: "Having taken this vile, awful-tasting garbage growing up to treat my asthma, I would say it's about as effective as a placebo. It did absolutely nothing for my asthmatic issues. If one can avoid taking this, all the better. "

kb7rky November 5, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance: "My experience theophylline is great. I only used theophylline as needed when I have a asthma attack, I used for 1-2 weeks with my rescue inhaler and in 1-2 week my asthma goes away for a long time. I only get asthma when I get a cold so for me this works, recently my PCP told me they do not recommended theophylline but I told her this its the only medication that works for me. "

amelia May 2, 2013

Uniphyl (theophylline) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have used theophylline for many years. This medicine gives me an excellent quality of life, with near perfect control of my chronic asthma (along with the use of an albuterol and steroid inhaler, as needed). I tried switching to Singulair several years ago. Within a month, my asthma was really bad."

Anonymous July 12, 2010

Uniphyl (theophylline) for Asthma, acute: "My Asthma came back when I was around 45 years old. My doctors couldn't find any medication that would help. It was so bad I couldn't go outside or open a door in the house. I spent several hours taking breathing treatments each day. Then I was given a prescription for Uniphyl. Everything changed for me when I started taking it. It is a miracle drug."

Anonymous June 25, 2010

Theo-24 (theophylline) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been taking Theo 24 300mg for about 24 years now for my asthma. I haven't had any problems with side effects and rarely use my rescue inhaler. It has really helped my asthma and I would recommend it to others to try."

Anonymous June 28, 2009

Theo-24 (theophylline) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I am 53 years old. In the past I have accepted the fact that I will always have shortness of breath. However, it became worse. I was referred to a Pulmonolgist and he started me on Theo-24. This medication is the best thing that could have happened to me. I can breath again. May 1st I will be able to resume my exercise at the gym. The next thing I want to do is be able to run. I have not done that in such a long time. I am happy with the results. And now I feel like I can live a normal life without experiencing SOB with every step I take. A wonderful product. Thanks."

Ms Val April 24, 2009

Uniphyl (theophylline) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This is the only medication I take for acute asthma. I have been on this medication for 19 years and have only been to the emergency room twice in 19 years. So what do you think. I am also a professional nurse. Uniphyl 400mg twice a day. It's the best."

Lady FA July 27, 2008