User Reviews for Medrol Dosepak

Medrol Dosepak has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 32 ratings on Drugs.com. 78% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 15% reported a negative effect.

Inflammatory Conditions
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Summary of Medrol Dosepak reviews 7.8 32 reviews

Reviews for Medrol Dosepak

Allison October 25, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I was diagnosed with extreme allergies. I had thick mucus stuck in my throat for days and now water build up in my ears causing vertigo issues, and three various medications (Benadryl, Flonase, Zyrtec) weren't helping me. I was prescribed Medrol Dosepak so my body would stop overreacting to itself and get under control. After the first dose -- I was feeling great. I also have extreme anxiety but had ABSOLUTELY no issues on this medication. I think either it just didn't affect me like others. So if you also have anxiety disorder, STILL try it. Don't let yourself get worked up over a "what if". I had no sleeping issues at all. No stomach upsets. No headaches. Nothing-- just felt relief. I will use it again in a heartbeat, should my allergies ever struggle again to be in control.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Was hesitant to take Medrol Dosepak for my lower back pain after reading other reviews. I took the Medrol Dosepak and the only possible side effect was minor stomach pain. Also, it helped fix my back pain after one day.”

pain & fatigue · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2013

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I had extreme fatigue with back pain, headache and nausea for 3-4 weeks. I couldn't sleep but was tired all the time. After 2-3 days taking the 6 day Dosepak I felt 80% better. I was still a little fatigued and my back still hurt some but I truly felt 80% better. I am starting day 4 tomorrow and hope to continue on this path as life has been absolutely miserable the last few weeks.”

Mozart · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have a herniated disc in my lower back that flares up a few times a year. I caught it just before the muscles went into spasm and took this dose pack. After taking the first six pills on day one, I felt 90% better. I finished the six-day prescription and didn’t have another flareup for a week. I’m hoping my doctor will prescribe it again, and I’ll have to get back to my physical therapy exercises. The drug was a life saver for me with no side effects that I could tell.”

Sobparman · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I had severe pain in my back and after several scans and tests the only thing that was obvious was a herniated disc. I was released from the hospital with a Medrol Pak. I took it the next morning and in a couple of hours not only my back but my knee pain had disappeared. Within a couple of days the pain was history and has stayed that way. I did not have any side effects.”

Bill N · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2021

For Neuralgia: “I have a pinched nerve in my neck , the pain radiating into my arm is so intense I had tears in my eyes and I'm a guy who can handle discomfort ! This was unbearable , I couldn't sleep etc . My doctor prescribed me this medrol dose pack. It was and is a good send , a miracle ! First day and after the first few pills I felt brand new again. Zero pain ! Was able to sleep etc however once I ran out the pain came right back , I will need another solution such as a steroid injection etc but man this dose pack is amazing, it just completely stops the pain ! I had no side effects at all. I also received my covid 19 shot while on the dose pack but the doctor said it shouldn't at all interfere so that went well to ! Anyway I was desperate for relief from the intense pain and this dose pack did the trick , fantastic ! But again it's not something you can keep taking so a more permanent solution will be needed .”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions: “The first day/night was when I was the most jittery. The only side effects I got were jitters, slight headache, moodiness, and some dry skin. They get better as the days go on. My back pain has totally disappeared.”

Kells September 22, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was experiencing unusual headaches and I was prescribed Medrol 6 pack for inflammation. Day1-I took the all 6 together because I got them in the evening I felt a lil heartburn and slept for 2 hours that night Day2-after every dose I experienced discomfort in my stomach, heartburn , backaches, couldn’t sleep that night and sweating. Day3-the heartburn continued , my headaches was overwhelming, my chest was hurting with burning sensations, dizziness, overly energized and backaches. So I went to the ER they told me to stop taking the methylprednisolone medication due to the side effects. Now I’m back to square one with the headaches and side effects from this bad experience of Medrol. How long do these side effects last anyone knows?”

KickingAS January 4, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I use a Medrol Dosepak when my Ankylosing Spondylitis (spinal arthritis-not rheumatoid or osteoarthritis) is in a bad flare with painful, swollen joints. The side effect I always get for a couple of days is severe hip and lower back bone pain. But once that goes away the drug works wonders! That's why many of us call it "the drug with a double edged sword" It works amazingly but can have side effects for some people. I give it a high rating because it gives me back a much higher quality of life.”

Chris stevens · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Took medrol dosepack like prescribed Side effects are a shock it gave me jitters and tremors . Made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Mild headaches and slight abdominal pain, Back pain . This medicine is a total crock It actually made the pain I had even worse with its own little twist, Gave my left arm chills and sweats very clammy. Plus there a possibility of withdrawals I'm 20 that's the last thing I need.”

YoungGal · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I took this for one day only and experienced far worse symptoms. My heart was racing the entire night; I felt like I was having a heart attack. I had severe anxiety, I was sweaty, yet had the chills. I slept maybe 1 hour the entire night and tossed and turned hundreds of times. I felt sick to my stomach with overbearing nausea. I experienced abdominal pain the next day. I am discontinuing taking this. I would not recommend it to anyone.”

pen123 August 15, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “Truly a quality of life improver. I can't thank my doctor enough for giving me this prescription when I have debilitating flare ups. Just have to rest and not over exert your joints when on this medicine. Let the swelling subside before returning to normal activities. For me, 2-3 days, and I feel great.”

Michele527 March 30, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions: “The product is an effective bullet as I tend to get pneumonia bi-annually due to a compromised immune system (Lupus). I have been diagnosed with Osteo-necrosis caused by the steroid usage. In addition, it tends to make me extremely jittery and anxious, extraordinarily dizzy, unable to focus, nauseous, and to have blurred vision. (These might be an allergic reaction to the product, but am unsure). It HAS saved me many a trip for an extensive stay in the hospital and feel comfortable stating that while I have multiple side effects, the benefit most certainly outweighs them. ”

Kathy310 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 25, 2014

For Asthma, acute: “This is my first line of defense when my allergy induced asthma is out of control. Rescue inhalers have not worked for me; I cannot pull the medicine into my lungs when I am constricted. By day 2 of the dosepak, I have significant relief and can usually go off of routine nebulized bronchodilators within 6 days. Unfortunately, my doctors do not like to prescribe steroids 3-4 times/year as needed even though I have shown them it works for me.”

Tiffany November 22, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “My dentist put me on this after I had a root canal that was continuing to give me problems. The tooth stayed very tender and it pushed off her placing the crown. I was hesitant at first because of the side effects it caused to some people. Especially the vision side effects. But I finally took it. It worked wonders - 'at first'. All of the pain and tenderness in the tooth went away after the first dose. I took all the pills for the first day dose at once which the instructions said I could do. I'm a 42 yr old woman and I had no side effect other than a sharp increase in my sexual drive and a little blurred vision. I noticed that as the dosage started to be decreased the tenderness immediately came right back. Now I'm finished with the pack (I only took it for one week) and the tenderness is back. Although a little less than before that tooth is definitely tender again. I will have to retreat the root canal and that will be expensive and and painful.”

Em · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have a large herniated disc that I have been dealing with for a few months. One day after work I had an extremely painful back spasm. After the spasm, I was in extreme pain and could barely walk. I was not able to sleep or get comfortable no matter what I did. My neurosurgeon prescribed the medrol dose pack. I am so glad I took it! I started to improve after the first day. It gave me so much relief that I could finally rest comfortably and was able to walk better each day. I had a very mild headache on the first day, but that was it!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This medicine was prescribed to treat Allergic Rhinitis and I have had terrible leg spasms and leg pain. I have eaten potassium-rich foods and have stay led hydrated but the pain will no go away. I cannot sleep due to the leg pain. I will never take this medicine again unless it is for life saving measures.”

Matthew Pgh 7 April 27, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Pros: day one I was able to breathe again and the drainage / stuffiness went away. Added bonus is some recurring acne on the back of my head went away. Cons: severe abdominal pain, sweating, and racing heart. I slept maybe 30 minutes that night.”

Angel5425 · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “Took away the pain and improved my walking right away, first day, but gave me a terrible case of GERD. I could not sleep and decided to stop after that first day. Have not called my doctor yet because he was dismissive and fast. Want a new doctor.”

V · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was super skeptical at first and scared to try Medrol. But I have due to how much pain I was in. This did the job, but the only down side was it caused me to have a yeast infection.”

Tanya130020011 November 6, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I had no side effects from Medrol Dosepak, other than increased appetite, no panic , racing heart or anxiety concerns, and I suffer from anxiety. In fact, it did the opposite”

Anonymous February 16, 2010

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I've been prescribed Medrol Dosepak on two occasions over the last 10 years. Each time I experienced relief from the pain and swelling within a few days. I did not experience any side effects.”

Jammin · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2019

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I had muscles spasms in my jaw from temporomandibular joint (TMJ) issues. The medrol starts working day 1 to reduce inflammation in jaw. This is my go to for TMJ.”

Dave June 21, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I took this stuff for a knee injury did nothing but made me sick does not work”

Anonymous January 9, 2010

For Gout, Acute: “Pain disappears almost immediately after the first dose.”