User Reviews for Medrol Dosepak to treat Inflammatory Conditions

Medrol Dosepak has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions. 79% of those users who reviewed Medrol Dosepak reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Medrol Dosepak Rating Summary

7.7/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Medrol Dosepak

Tiffany November 22, 2020

“My dentist put me on this after I had a root canal that was continuing to give me problems. The tooth stayed very tender and it pushed off her placing the crown. I was hesitant at first because of the side effects it caused to some people. Especially the vision side effects. But I finally took it. It worked wonders - 'at first'. All of the pain and tenderness in the tooth went away after the first dose. I took all the pills for the first day dose at once which the instructions said I could do. I'm a 42 yr old woman and I had no side effect other than a sharp increase in my sexual drive and a little blurred vision. I noticed that as the dosage started to be decreased the tenderness immediately came right back. Now I'm finished with the pack (I only took it for one week) and the tenderness is back. Although a little less than before that tooth is definitely tender again. I will have to retreat the root canal and that will be expensive and and painful.”

Em · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2020

“I have a large herniated disc that I have been dealing with for a few months. One day after work I had an extremely painful back spasm. After the spasm, I was in extreme pain and could barely walk. I was not able to sleep or get comfortable no matter what I did. My neurosurgeon prescribed the medrol dose pack. I am so glad I took it! I started to improve after the first day. It gave me so much relief that I could finally rest comfortably and was able to walk better each day. I had a very mild headache on the first day, but that was it!”

Tanya130020011 November 6, 2020

“I had no side effects from Medrol Dosepak, other than increased appetite, no panic , racing heart or anxiety concerns, and I suffer from anxiety. In fact, it did the opposite”

B · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2020

“Was hesitant to take Medrol Dosepak for my lower back pain after reading other reviews. I took the Medrol Dosepak and the only possible side effect was minor stomach pain. Also, it helped fix my back pain after one day.”

Sobparman · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2020

“I had severe pain in my back and after several scans and tests the only thing that was obvious was a herniated disc. I was released from the hospital with a Medrol Pak. I took it the next morning and in a couple of hours not only my back but my knee pain had disappeared. Within a couple of days the pain was history and has stayed that way. I did not have any side effects.”

pain & fatigue · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2013

“I had extreme fatigue with back pain, headache and nausea for 3-4 weeks. I couldn't sleep but was tired all the time. After 2-3 days taking the 6 day Dosepak I felt 80% better. I was still a little fatigued and my back still hurt some but I truly felt 80% better. I am starting day 4 tomorrow and hope to continue on this path as life has been absolutely miserable the last few weeks.”

Mozart · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2018

“I have a herniated disc in my lower back that flares up a few times a year. I caught it just before the muscles went into spasm and took this dose pack. After taking the first six pills on day one, I felt 90% better. I finished the six-day prescription and didn’t have another flareup for a week. I’m hoping my doctor will prescribe it again, and I’ll have to get back to my physical therapy exercises. The drug was a life saver for me with no side effects that I could tell.”

Kells September 22, 2020

“I was experiencing unusual headaches and I was prescribed Medrol 6 pack for inflammation. Day1-I took the all 6 together because I got them in the evening I felt a lil heartburn and slept for 2 hours that night Day2-after every dose I experienced discomfort in my stomach, heartburn , backaches, couldn’t sleep that night and sweating. Day3-the heartburn continued , my headaches was overwhelming, my chest was hurting with burning sensations, dizziness, overly energized and backaches. So I went to the ER they told me to stop taking the methylprednisolone medication due to the side effects. Now I’m back to square one with the headaches and side effects from this bad experience of Medrol. How long do these side effects last anyone knows?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2012

“The first day/night was when I was the most jittery. The only side effects I got were jitters, slight headache, moodiness, and some dry skin. They get better as the days go on. My back pain has totally disappeared.”

KickingAS January 4, 2016

“I use a Medrol Dosepak when my Ankylosing Spondylitis (spinal arthritis-not rheumatoid or osteoarthritis) is in a bad flare with painful, swollen joints. The side effect I always get for a couple of days is severe hip and lower back bone pain. But once that goes away the drug works wonders! That's why many of us call it "the drug with a double edged sword" It works amazingly but can have side effects for some people. I give it a high rating because it gives me back a much higher quality of life.”

Chris stevens · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2017

“Took medrol dosepack like prescribed Side effects are a shock it gave me jitters and tremors . Made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Mild headaches and slight abdominal pain, Back pain . This medicine is a total crock It actually made the pain I had even worse with its own little twist, Gave my left arm chills and sweats very clammy. Plus there a possibility of withdrawals I'm 20 that's the last thing I need.”

Michele527 March 30, 2012

“The product is an effective bullet as I tend to get pneumonia bi-annually due to a compromised immune system (Lupus). I have been diagnosed with Osteo-necrosis caused by the steroid usage. In addition, it tends to make me extremely jittery and anxious, extraordinarily dizzy, unable to focus, nauseous, and to have blurred vision. (These might be an allergic reaction to the product, but am unsure). It HAS saved me many a trip for an extensive stay in the hospital and feel comfortable stating that while I have multiple side effects, the benefit most certainly outweighs them. ”

V · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2019

“I was super skeptical at first and scared to try Medrol. But I have due to how much pain I was in. This did the job, but the only down side was it caused me to have a yeast infection.”

Jammin · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2019

“I had muscles spasms in my jaw from temporomandibular joint (TMJ) issues. The medrol starts working day 1 to reduce inflammation in jaw. This is my go to for TMJ.”

Dave June 21, 2020

“I took this stuff for a knee injury did nothing but made me sick does not work”

Sierradawnsmom October 19, 2014