User Reviews for Dulera

Asthma, Maintenance 15 reviews 118 medications

6.5
Summary of Dulera reviews 33 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Dulera

For Asthma, Maintenance "After 8 months of taking Dulera it suddenly hit me that I was very sensitive to dust, harsh cleaning products, 2nd hand smoke and strong perfumes. After much thought I talked to my doctor about this suspicion that Dulera was causing this. She said go ahead and stop using it. Dulera did *work* for preventing daily asthma, however, I think it also prevents the lungs (and yourself) from actually dealing with asthma attacks when they do come. I'm nearing my 2nd week off Dulera and I'm finding out that I need to re-learn how to effectively calm myself down when some mild asthma is coming. Dulera worked pretty well for me for several months until I was confronted head-on with new triggers that previously did not effect me before Dulera."

Anonymous May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I recently switched from Symbicort to Dulera. My asthma is under control, but the side effects are worrisome. My blood glucose levels have risen and I have gained 5 pounds in the two months since I've been using this medication. I will give it a few more months until I speak with my doctor about other alternatives."

Asthma1974 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I took Dulera 200 for about 3 months. After a month I experienced heart palpitations (heart rate from 80 to 188 in seconds). At first it would only last 2-3 minutes. Then palpitations lasted over an hour, then two hours. Ended up in the ER four times, twice to receive an IV drug to reset and slow my heart beat. Cardiologist at the hospital put me on Diltiazem to control my heart rate. It lowered blood pressure (was already good), but did not stop heart palpitations. Began having breathing problems and doctor increased Diltiazem dosage. Experienced worse breathing issues and loss of bladder control. Finally realized the Diltiazem caused breathing problems and Dulera was causing the racing heart palpitations. Nightmare!"

Susan Y May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "a very good product. it works..shame that the company has jacked the price up so much that its no longer affordable...greed is a very bad thing"

sherman sparks April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Had infrequent asthma all my life (I am 63) but never had to use an inhaler regularly. After a cold turned into pneumonia plus a sinus infection, my doc said to use my ProAir HFA inhaler more often. But serious asthma had set in and I wasn't getting relief. Burning sensation in lungs, difficulty breathing, no energy, was not resting well...you guys know the drill. After two puffs of Dulera, the burning sensation was reduced, lungs felt more relaxed and I could breathe more deeply. I slept better last night and awoke feeling rested...wow! After two puffs this morning (at 5:30 a.m.) I felt the burning completely subside. Feel so much better. Even sinus pressure reduced. Looking forward to feeling good again. Hope is in sight."

KatieMo September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've had asthma ever since I quit smoking. I've quit twice and each time after 3 years, the asthma kicks in - bad! I've tried everything and am now on Dulera, which helped tremendously. My insurance wouldn't cover it; $375 for one inhaler. Found PAN online and they are taking care of the cost. If not for PAN, I would not be able to take Dulera. However, after several months on this med, my teeth starting rotting - very quickly. My dentist said he only sees this kind of deterioration in chemo patients and someone who hasn't brushed in 20 years. I've had two teeth pulled already, and another is scheduled to be pulled. Also, started with thrush a day ago and today I can barely move my tongue. (Yes, I've been rinsing.)"

Spfld MA May 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Took Dulera for a year for pretty bad asthma which it controlled very nicely.After one year the Dulera started giving me awful palpitations,severe pounding pulse ,shakiness and insomnia.I had to give it up.I feel better now after 3 weeks without it,but still cannot find a good replacement."

Pearlymae P. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Been on Dulera for about 3 weeks had to go to the ER due to muscle spasm. Not worth it. I have also gained weight. Might help with breathing but every muscle in my body is having spasm."

What up May 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I have had asthma since infancy. (I am now 81!) I have probably used all the common medications - i.e. albuterol, singulair, etc., etc. in my lifetime. Dulera allows me the luxury of one puff at night, and a good night's sleep. I am otherwise very healthy having long ago given up the things that are bad for health, like smoking, eating sweets, alcohol, and I have a wonderful life! So part of it is the medication, and part of it is up to me - my lifestyle."

heatherseawa April 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "The weight gain was not worth it. I quit. My asthma is moderate, not at all severe and my doc put me on Dulera, SIngulair after 5 days of steroids. Then added Spiriva and now Breo. Ridiculous. I quit them all except Breo, which I don't even take every day (because my breathing is not obstructed or difficult)! But during Dulera and Singluar, I gained FIFTEEN POUNDS in 2 months, which I have never done in my entire life (I'm in my late 40s)."

ABlue (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I just took the first puff, 15 minutes ago. I don't want to chant victory, but I am breathing much better! One thing I need to tell anyone who's using asthma inhalers, that after using it, you always have to rinse your mouth, to avoid oral thrush. I got this medicine from a pulmonologist I was referred to, after I couldn't control my asthma, and went into acute bronquitis, three months in a row. Ten more minutes passed, and I'm actually breathing! No shakes, no fainting, no shortness of breath...I feel like I'm calming down. The one thing I'm always afraid, is corticoids, because of their side effects, but if I can feel this well, I will try to watch my weight, and take more calcium, for osteoporosis. OMG! I feel so good!"

Asthma under control (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "so far its helping out pretty well"

puppup (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I acquired adult asthma at age 41. I was using a rescue inhaler at least 1-2 times per day and was having a hard time sleeping due to increased nasal discharge and asthma symptoms. Literally choking at night. Dr put me on the Dulera recommended dose of 200 mg 2 puffs, 2 times per day. I was out of my mind hyper although I could instantly breath better. I dropped the dose down to 1 puff early in the day and the Dr. said that it was fine as long as I felt it was helping. It's been 3 months, I feel amazing. I no longer wake at night. My sinuses are no longer dripping. I breath easier and I've lost 15lbs because my activity level has increased now that I can breath. I have not needed a rescue inhaler once. Amazing for my needs."

Sharine December 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Dulera works for my asthma but it seems to be causing some weight gain."

Ritabeard June 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I have been using this for almost 3 years. Better control of symptoms- I can usually use 1puff 2x a day except when I get a bug then I need the prescribed 2 -2x a day. However last 2-3weeks I have a very medicine tasting phlegm/exhaled air. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I developed severe calf and back thigh cramps at night after the first use. The allergist said that only about 3% of users develop leg cramps, but I don't see this mentioned at all in the side effects."

Celtie (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Dulera works great and I have noticed it has improved my breathing by 100%. It seems to work better than my rescue inhaler. Down side of it is that I have gotten infections in the tonsils and sinusitis. Also I've been having blood clots in my mucus and when I cough I phlegm I notice it's a dark brown reddish color. Frequent migraines and insomnia some nights. Feeling of unconsciousness when laying down."

Darius Washington October 5, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I only use Dulera once a day and only one puff, but I do this every single day usually just before I go to bed. On occasion I will need a second puff during the day after I wake up. I occasionally get the pain in the side and lower back but it does not last long. I have many of the side effects but I had them long before I started using Dulera. The pain is a new one though."

Hipshot September 7, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been an asthmatic for most of my life (I am now 38 yrs old) and have tried many medications. Before I lost my insurance I was on singulair and claritin and still struggling. Several times I woke up gasping for air. So when I was able to get insurance again I requested to try something else since I was hesitant to say the least in taking singulair again. My Dr. suggested I try Dulera and Flonase. Since starting these medications I have not needed my albuterol inhaler once and its been about a month. I went from using my inhaler sometimes several times a day to not at all. My mom has osteoporosis (excuse the spelling) and that concerns me for my own health but my breathing is ultimately more important."

Buphie March 12, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I have numerous health problems, and I normally can't say many good things about medications. But, Dulera has seriously changed my life. It has worked better than any other medication, or combination of medications I have taken. I was and still am completely shocked on how well it has worked for me. I am no longer short of breath, tight in the chest, and can actually laugh without getting light headed or short of breath."

Halece February 23, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "My 17 year old asthmatic son previously was on advair hfa inhaler and using his albuterol inhaler 3x week. He had a blood test come back indicating he was uncontrolled. He just took his second dose of 2 puffs of the sample Dulera the immunologist gave him and walked out the door mentioning a bad taste in his mouth. Half way down the street from our home (while he was driving) he suddenly could not breathe!!! Thank God he is ok but, is badly shaken. Writing this review to advise everyone be at home with a family member/friend when you begin taking Dulera...we could have had a real tragedy a d I don't want this to happen to anyone else. Needless to say we will be discontinuing and calling doctor first thing Monday morning."

RNMemphisMom November 3, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I am my second day and just took my evening dose, I seriously thought I was dying. The second the medicine hit my lungs I could not breath. It took all I could do to find my rescue inhaler. This was just now the most frightening experience I have ever had with an RX.... I am still shaking as I type this. Beware, I read this as a side affect.... (Rare)....just make sure you have your rescue inhaler close to you. Done with this RX!"

Chris- DFW (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Dulera works pretty well, do not need to use my rescue inhaler as often, but the one main downside is that it continuously causes me to have sinuitis which then causes a migraine. I have always had bad problems with my sinuses, so am definately reconsidering continuing using this product."

anonymous704 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "Have been on this for 6 weeks, and have to discontinue due to severe insomnia, heart pounding and chest pain. Very effectively reduced my need for albuterol (went from using it daily down to once or twice a week) but the side effects are bad."

SKV July 13, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been asthmatic for the past 5 years. During the last 6 months or so my asthma has really gotten out of control, to the point where I was borderline abusing my rescue, inhaler, a average of 6 times per day. I recently started working out again and within 20 minutes of light to moderate power walking on the treadmill I would have to rush back to the car overwhelmed with wheezing, a tight sensation in my chest, my head pounding, struggling to take a breath, gasping for air. I finally had enough and decided to be proactive and see a allergist! He checked my vital signs and realized that a had lingering wheeze and gave me a sample of Dulera, two puffs daily. This is a miracle! "

ikrystaleforever June 18, 2013