User Reviews for Dulera

Asthma, Maintenance
5.9

Reviews for Dulera

Anonymous April 21, 2021

For Asthma: “I use low dose 100ug, corticosteroids have side effects including OTC. I've tried all brands and Dulera works best for me. My pre existing conditions did come to surface.I treated those with Flonase .I get really bad year round allergic rhinitis and post nasal drainage is a pain. I have moderate to severe allergies, asthma. Warning state to contact doc if I’m exposed to certain illness, having certain condition. I was worse when I combined with certain prescription so I started to keep a log. I had many issues before I started taking dulera. It’s hard to control environment. It helps me reduce use of my rescue. I also read the instructions-shaking well, rinse mouth, gargle after use. I brush my teeth usually 30 minutes later. I have tapered my dose also to take periodic brakes . Using my rescue during that time. Keeping my immune system up as best as I can allows me to continue this inhaler. I’ve just tried so many and got tired of not being able to get enough oxygen.(hypoxia as one ER called it)”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “My child was put on Dulera, his asthma has been a struggle to control for years. After 2 weeks, he gained 8 pounds and his chest is so congested, I had him checked for pneumonia. His asthma has been worse than ever. He has wheezing worse than ever before. It sounds like an accordion when he breathes. We had him switched to a higher dose of his last medication and he has been using nebulizer treatments to undo whatever the Dulera did. I'm not sure how long it will take for him to bounce back from the weight gain.”

cj · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2021

For Asthma: “I have had asthma since I was a kid. I was given Dulera when my insurance wouldn’t cover Advair and I wish it did. I have been using Dulera for the past 4 weeks. The first week was fine but these past three weeks, absolutely terrible. I have created more mucus than I have ever created, and it’s to a point where it makes me choke. I also have blood in my mucus, which I have gone to my doctors about. I have taken so many covid tests because I have been coughing my head off and having intense tightness of chest. My blood pressure and heart rate shot through the roof, I developed a tremor. I have had more things happen to me from this one inhaler it’s nuts.”

Celtie · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2014

For Asthma: “I developed severe calf and back thigh cramps at night after the first use. The allergist said that only about 3% of users develop leg cramps, but I don't see this mentioned at all in the side effects.”

Susan Y May 13, 2017

For Asthma: “I took Dulera 200 for about 3 months. After a month I experienced heart palpitations (heart rate from 80 to 188 in seconds). At first it would only last 2-3 minutes. Then palpitations lasted over an hour, then two hours. Ended up in the ER four times, twice to receive an IV drug to reset and slow my heart beat. Cardiologist at the hospital put me on Diltiazem to control my heart rate. It lowered blood pressure (was already good), but did not stop heart palpitations. Began having breathing problems and doctor increased Diltiazem dosage. Experienced worse breathing issues and loss of bladder control. Finally realized the Diltiazem caused breathing problems and Dulera was causing the racing heart palpitations. Nightmare!”

Halece February 23, 2014

For Asthma: “I have numerous health problems, and I normally can't say many good things about medications. But, Dulera has seriously changed my life. It has worked better than any other medication, or combination of medications I have taken. I was and still am completely shocked on how well it has worked for me. I am no longer short of breath, tight in the chest, and can actually laugh without getting light headed or short of breath.”

Buphie March 12, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I have been an asthmatic for most of my life (I am now 38 yrs old) and have tried many medications. Before I lost my insurance I was on singulair and claritin and still struggling. Several times I woke up gasping for air. So when I was able to get insurance again I requested to try something else since I was hesitant to say the least in taking singulair again. My Dr. suggested I try Dulera and Flonase. Since starting these medications I have not needed my albuterol inhaler once and its been about a month. I went from using my inhaler sometimes several times a day to not at all. My mom has osteoporosis (excuse the spelling) and that concerns me for my own health but my breathing is ultimately more important.”

Anonymous January 19, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I've had respiratory problems since birth (I am now 25 years old) and have always used Albuterol to control any flare-ups I've had. As I've gotten older, my allergies have gotten worse and so has my asthma. I was using Asmanex until I caught RSV and bronchitis. Even with Albuterol and Asmanex, my lung function dropped to 70%, and I ended up at the ER 3 times. Dulera has made the world of a difference - I'm no longer short of breath, coughing non-stop, or feel like I've got pressure on my chest. I feel like my quality of life is back to "normal". The only drawback is the cost-- my insurance won't cover it.”

Pharmacist · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 23, 2020

For Asthma: “I've suffered from asthma since childhood and have been treated with, as I know being a pharmacist, almost every type of asthma medication available. Currently, I use Dulera as needed instead of albuterol. The current US treatment guidelines for asthma are old and due for an update which I anticipate will advocate this strategy. During Spring season I begin taking Singulair and begin using Dulera routinely, twice a day everyday, until pollen levels go down. This combination is so effective for me during Spring time, it is no longer a dreaded time of year. In fact, allergy symptoms that add insult to injury, so to speak, are virtually a thing of the past. Because of Singulair I no longer require antihistamines in the Spring and frankly, may be able to "get by" with using Dulera only as needed.”

RNMemphisMom November 3, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance: “My 17 year old asthmatic son previously was on advair hfa inhaler and using his albuterol inhaler 3x week. He had a blood test come back indicating he was uncontrolled. He just took his second dose of 2 puffs of the sample Dulera the immunologist gave him and walked out the door mentioning a bad taste in his mouth. Half way down the street from our home (while he was driving) he suddenly could not breathe!!! Thank God he is ok but, is badly shaken. Writing this review to advise everyone be at home with a family member/friend when you begin taking Dulera...we could have had a real tragedy a d I don't want this to happen to anyone else. Needless to say we will be discontinuing and calling doctor first thing Monday morning.”

Dick 7 September 30, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance: “After 6 weeks of taking Dulera, I find the relief effect wears down towards the 10th and eleventh hour. My dosage is 2 puffs morning, 1 puff evening. I'm 78 years old, and an asthmatic for 76 of those years. Compared to Symbicort, Dulera "wears off" (as above) slightly faster. Each is a good maintenance medication.”

Chris- DFW · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I am my second day and just took my evening dose, I seriously thought I was dying. The second the medicine hit my lungs I could not breath. It took all I could do to find my rescue inhaler. This was just now the most frightening experience I have ever had with an RX.... I am still shaking as I type this. Beware, I read this as a side affect.... (Rare)....just make sure you have your rescue inhaler close to you. Done with this RX!”

ikrystaleforever June 18, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I've been asthmatic for the past 5 years. During the last 6 months or so my asthma has really gotten out of control, to the point where I was borderline abusing my rescue, inhaler, a average of 6 times per day. I recently started working out again and within 20 minutes of light to moderate power walking on the treadmill I would have to rush back to the car overwhelmed with wheezing, a tight sensation in my chest, my head pounding, struggling to take a breath, gasping for air. I finally had enough and decided to be proactive and see a allergist! He checked my vital signs and realized that a had lingering wheeze and gave me a sample of Dulera, two puffs daily. This is a miracle! ”

anonymous704 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 24, 2013

For Asthma: “Dulera works pretty well, do not need to use my rescue inhaler as often, but the one main downside is that it continuously causes me to have sinuitis which then causes a migraine. I have always had bad problems with my sinuses, so am definately reconsidering continuing using this product.”

Isa · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

For Asthma: “I suffered with asthma my entire life, and was intubated several time, nothing I used worked. You guys changes my life because of Dulera my asthma is under control and that was some I struggled with for over 30 years.”

Darius Washington October 5, 2014

For Asthma: “Dulera works great and I have noticed it has improved my breathing by 100%. It seems to work better than my rescue inhaler. Down side of it is that I have gotten infections in the tonsils and sinusitis. Also I've been having blood clots in my mucus and when I cough I phlegm I notice it's a dark brown reddish color. Frequent migraines and insomnia some nights. Feeling of unconsciousness when laying down.”

Kenieara February 14, 2018

For Asthma: “I tried Dulera for a week and did not like it. I was diagnosed with mild asthma at age 30 but probably had it most of my life--just assumed everyone felt like they couldn't breathe sometimes. :) Doctor prescribed the 100mcg dose, two puffs in the morning and two in the evening. I did that the first day, and that night, I felt very agitated, couldn't sleep, felt depressed, and had depressing thoughts. I struggled a bit with depression as a teen, but I hadn't felt that way in 5-10 years before taking Dulera. I cut down to 1 puff in the morning and felt much better on days 2-5, but by day 6, I was starting to feel depressed again. Stopped the Dulera and feeling back to normal like myself. Maybe I am more prone to these side effects because I've had a history of depression, but these were very scary side effects. I also felt like I was losing my voice by day 6. To be fair it did reduce my nighttime coughing... but not worth the side effects for my mild asthma.”

Qusie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2019

For Asthma: “After my recovery period from the flu and pneumonia, I continued to take Dulera and suffered migraines and headaches, thrush twice, laryngitis, and the absolute worse muscle cramps and spasms that would bring me to tears. Frequently. I am SO relieved that this is from the DULARA and if I stop it this will all go away. I have developed shaking my hands and fingers as well... I don't know if this is related.”

SKV July 13, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Have been on this for 6 weeks, and have to discontinue due to severe insomnia, heart pounding and chest pain. Very effectively reduced my need for albuterol (went from using it daily down to once or twice a week) but the side effects are bad.”

Kathy5881 · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2013

For Asthma: “I've used this twice now and it has been great! Much better than similar inhalers. I had pneumonia that was not resolving and this was prescribed, within two days I had dramatic improvement. 2nd time I had sudden asthmatic flare and was crashing not resolving well same thing within 2 days dramatic improvement. Downside it makes me very shaky for a short duration maybe up to 2 hours. Seems to increase the appetite slightly. Also a slightly foggy headed feel but fades soon. Mind you this is in conjunction with oral steroids so some effects might be less if the others were removed. I would gladly use this again for a serious asthma flare that was not resolving.”

Neil in NC · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 22, 2017

For Asthma: “I've been on and off Dulera for several years. After using it regularly for a month or two I invariably get a low-level infection in my lungs/bronchial tubes. Major yellow-to-brown phlegm, constantly coughing. Then when I go off Dulera, after a few days the infection self-cures and the phlegm and coughing subside. But then of course the asthma comes back. For me there's no magic solution (yet!). I'll probably not use Dulera any more, too afraid of the infections it encourages.”

Asthma under control · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2016

For Asthma: “I just took the first puff, 15 minutes ago. I don't want to chant victory, but I am breathing much better! One thing I need to tell anyone who's using asthma inhalers, that after using it, you always have to rinse your mouth, to avoid oral thrush. I got this medicine from a pulmonologist I was referred to, after I couldn't control my asthma, and went into acute bronquitis, three months in a row. Ten more minutes passed, and I'm actually breathing! No shakes, no fainting, no shortness of breath...I feel like I'm calming down. The one thing I'm always afraid, is corticoids, because of their side effects, but if I can feel this well, I will try to watch my weight, and take more calcium, for osteoporosis. OMG! I feel so good!”

Angela Smith April 29, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I was just prescribed Dulera today and noticed that my lungs felt slightly better immediately however it has been only 2 hours since I used the inhaler and my hands are shaking like I have low blood sugar. ”

KatieMo September 14, 2016

For Asthma: “Had infrequent asthma all my life (I am 63) but never had to use an inhaler regularly. After a cold turned into pneumonia plus a sinus infection, my doc said to use my ProAir HFA inhaler more often. But serious asthma had set in and I wasn't getting relief. Burning sensation in lungs, difficulty breathing, no energy, was not resting well...you guys know the drill. After two puffs of Dulera, the burning sensation was reduced, lungs felt more relaxed and I could breathe more deeply. I slept better last night and awoke feeling rested...wow! After two puffs this morning (at 5:30 a.m.) I felt the burning completely subside. Feel so much better. Even sinus pressure reduced. Looking forward to feeling good again. Hope is in sight.”

Sharine December 7, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I acquired adult asthma at age 41. I was using a rescue inhaler at least 1-2 times per day and was having a hard time sleeping due to increased nasal discharge and asthma symptoms. Literally choking at night. Dr put me on the Dulera recommended dose of 200 mg 2 puffs, 2 times per day. I was out of my mind hyper although I could instantly breath better. I dropped the dose down to 1 puff early in the day and the Dr. said that it was fine as long as I felt it was helping. It's been 3 months, I feel amazing. I no longer wake at night. My sinuses are no longer dripping. I breath easier and I've lost 15lbs because my activity level has increased now that I can breath. I have not needed a rescue inhaler once. Amazing for my needs.”

Anonymous May 18, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance: “After 8 months of taking Dulera it suddenly hit me that I was very sensitive to dust, harsh cleaning products, 2nd hand smoke and strong perfumes. After much thought I talked to my doctor about this suspicion that Dulera was causing this. She said go ahead and stop using it. Dulera did *work* for preventing daily asthma, however, I think it also prevents the lungs (and yourself) from actually dealing with asthma attacks when they do come. I'm nearing my 2nd week off Dulera and I'm finding out that I need to re-learn how to effectively calm myself down when some mild asthma is coming. Dulera worked pretty well for me for several months until I was confronted head-on with new triggers that previously did not effect me before Dulera.”

dndlee91 · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2018

For Asthma: “I've been on Dulera for about 14 days now. I'm sleeping better w/ less coughing. The side effect I'm having is the worst case of thrush. Anyone else have this issue? If so what did you do to treat it? Did you have to get medication from the Dr. ?”

Chels · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 27, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I've been using this for approx. 6 months and my asthma has never been better. However, it causes me terrible muscle spasms all over my body and I've gained over 10 pounds. I've tried lowering the dose and taking extra potassium and magnesium to see if it lessens the spasms, to no avail. I'm going to have to stop taking it.”