User Reviews for Dulera

Learn more about Dulera.

Dulera Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Asthma.

Reviews for Dulera to treat Asthma

"I just quit using dulera two days ago because I was having the quivering pain in my leg and arm. Also, been experiencing pain in my chest/breast area. Also, even after two days of not being on the dulera I feel that my lungs are more open than they were on the dulera. I have switched back to using proair and qvar. I wish this medication did not have so many side effects as it did seem to control my asthma."

Anonymous August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It has worked well to control my asthma, but after several years it immediately causes me to lose my voice .. making unattractive squeaky sounds."

JCSMSB (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I recently switched from Symbicort to Dulera. My asthma is under control, but the side effects are worrisome. My blood glucose levels have risen and I have gained 5 pounds in the two months since I've been using this medication. I will give it a few more months until I speak with my doctor about other alternatives."

Asthma1974 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Dulera 200 for about 3 months. After a month I experienced heart palpitations (heart rate from 80 to 188 in seconds). At first it would only last 2-3 minutes. Then palpitations lasted over an hour, then two hours. Ended up in the ER four times, twice to receive an IV drug to reset and slow my heart beat. Cardiologist at the hospital put me on Diltiazem to control my heart rate. It lowered blood pressure (was already good), but did not stop heart palpitations. Began having breathing problems and doctor increased Diltiazem dosage. Experienced worse breathing issues and loss of bladder control. Finally realized the Diltiazem caused breathing problems and Dulera was causing the racing heart palpitations. Nightmare!"

Susan Y May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had infrequent asthma all my life (I am 63) but never had to use an inhaler regularly. After a cold turned into pneumonia plus a sinus infection, my doc said to use my ProAir HFA inhaler more often. But serious asthma had set in and I wasn't getting relief. Burning sensation in lungs, difficulty breathing, no energy, was not resting well...you guys know the drill. After two puffs of Dulera, the burning sensation was reduced, lungs felt more relaxed and I could breathe more deeply. I slept better last night and awoke feeling rested...wow! After two puffs this morning (at 5:30 a.m.) I felt the burning completely subside. Feel so much better. Even sinus pressure reduced. Looking forward to feeling good again. Hope is in sight."

KatieMo September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took Dulera for a year for pretty bad asthma which it controlled very nicely.After one year the Dulera started giving me awful palpitations,severe pounding pulse ,shakiness and insomnia.I had to give it up.I feel better now after 3 weeks without it,but still cannot find a good replacement."

Pearlymae P. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on Dulera for about 3 weeks had to go to the ER due to muscle spasm. Not worth it. I have also gained weight. Might help with breathing but every muscle in my body is having spasm."

What up May 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had asthma since infancy. (I am now 81!) I have probably used all the common medications - i.e. albuterol, singulair, etc., etc. in my lifetime. Dulera allows me the luxury of one puff at night, and a good night's sleep. I am otherwise very healthy having long ago given up the things that are bad for health, like smoking, eating sweets, alcohol, and I have a wonderful life! So part of it is the medication, and part of it is up to me - my lifestyle."

heatherseawa April 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just took the first puff, 15 minutes ago. I don't want to chant victory, but I am breathing much better! One thing I need to tell anyone who's using asthma inhalers, that after using it, you always have to rinse your mouth, to avoid oral thrush. I got this medicine from a pulmonologist I was referred to, after I couldn't control my asthma, and went into acute bronquitis, three months in a row. Ten more minutes passed, and I'm actually breathing! No shakes, no fainting, no shortness of breath...I feel like I'm calming down. The one thing I'm always afraid, is corticoids, because of their side effects, but if I can feel this well, I will try to watch my weight, and take more calcium, for osteoporosis. OMG! I feel so good!"

Asthma under control (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Dulera works for my asthma but it seems to be causing some weight gain."

Ritabeard June 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using this for almost 3 years. Better control of symptoms- I can usually use 1puff 2x a day except when I get a bug then I need the prescribed 2 -2x a day. However last 2-3weeks I have a very medicine tasting phlegm/exhaled air. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I developed severe calf and back thigh cramps at night after the first use. The allergist said that only about 3% of users develop leg cramps, but I don't see this mentioned at all in the side effects."

Celtie (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Dulera works great and I have noticed it has improved my breathing by 100%. It seems to work better than my rescue inhaler. Down side of it is that I have gotten infections in the tonsils and sinusitis. Also I've been having blood clots in my mucus and when I cough I phlegm I notice it's a dark brown reddish color. Frequent migraines and insomnia some nights. Feeling of unconsciousness when laying down."

Darius Washington October 5, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I only use Dulera once a day and only one puff, but I do this every single day usually just before I go to bed. On occasion I will need a second puff during the day after I wake up. I occasionally get the pain in the side and lower back but it does not last long. I have many of the side effects but I had them long before I started using Dulera. The pain is a new one though."

Hipshot September 7, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have numerous health problems, and I normally can't say many good things about medications. But, Dulera has seriously changed my life. It has worked better than any other medication, or combination of medications I have taken. I was and still am completely shocked on how well it has worked for me. I am no longer short of breath, tight in the chest, and can actually laugh without getting light headed or short of breath."

Halece February 23, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Dulera works pretty well, do not need to use my rescue inhaler as often, but the one main downside is that it continuously causes me to have sinuitis which then causes a migraine. I have always had bad problems with my sinuses, so am definately reconsidering continuing using this product."

anonymous704 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used this twice now and it has been great! Much better than similar inhalers. I had pneumonia that was not resolving and this was prescribed, within two days I had dramatic improvement. 2nd time I had sudden asthmatic flare and was crashing not resolving well same thing within 2 days dramatic improvement. Downside it makes me very shaky for a short duration maybe up to 2 hours. Seems to increase the appetite slightly. Also a slightly foggy headed feel but fades soon. Mind you this is in conjunction with oral steroids so some effects might be less if the others were removed. I would gladly use this again for a serious asthma flare that was not resolving."

Kathy5881 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"No asthma systems since using this medicine."

Anonymous February 21, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Leaves a very bad taste in my mouth all day. Mints do not help."

Anonymous November 7, 2011