User Reviews for Flonase to treat Rhinitis

Flonase has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 49 ratings for the treatment of Rhinitis. 57% of those users who reviewed Flonase reported a positive effect, while 37% reported a negative effect.

Flonase Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Rhinitis.

Reviews for Flonase

DeviatedSeptum12 January 10, 2021

“I felt like I was dying. After using Flonase for a month, for the first time in my life I was experiencing anxiety and and panic attacks. Another night I was awoken by a horrible headache and vomited. The flonase made it so hard to breathe I could only take shallow breaths and my heart rate was way higher than usual. The only thing so could focus on was my breath and what’s wrong with me, I would have never known it was the flonase causing this if I didn’t look up the side effects online.”

Pukulan · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2020

“I used this Flonase for a period of 3 weeks! Worked well to relive stuffy nose due to allergies. Then all the side affects started, anxiety, insomnia, thrush, headaches, etc. I switched back to regular allergy meds zertec. It took 2 weeks for the symptoms to subsided. I wouldn’t recommend Flonase! Keep away!”

Machina · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2020

“I wouldn't recommend Flonase for vasomotor rhinitis or enlarged turbinates, it does nothing and can have significant side effects. Afrin works for those issues but long term use isn't recommended, better to have a procedure to address if possible. Thankfully the most noticeable for me was dry nose and nose ache, nothing much more, but could have contributed to ongoing insomnia and fatigue issues, hard to say. Had to take it after a procedure to reduce my inferior turbinates and sinuplasty for inflammation reduction.”

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2019

“TAKE FLONASE NASAL SPRAY AT YOUR OWN PERIL! After having used it for two days, I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night unable to breathe. For almost a minute I was unable to get any air into my lungs. My throat/windpipe was totally constricted. It was the scariest moment of my life. Then gradually I was able to inhale just a little bit of air. Never again will I touch this stuff.”

Minigunn3 June 4, 2014

“Works for me! I spent a full year with horrible headaches, ear pain, fullness, ringing. I told the doctor my face hurt, my head hurt, my NOSE hurt! I finally ended up with a sinus infection, antibiotics, and it all went away for a while, but when it came back, I went back to the doctor and told her my infection was back....she said no, I think you have allergies. Claritin, Flonase, give it a month and see if you feel better...and I did! I added saline nasal spray and a humidifier to keep nasal tissue moist, and I'm down to 2-3 headaches a week at high pollen season, ears mostly behave themselves. Inside my nose will get sore and dry if I forget the saline, but otherwise no side effects. Thanks Flonase!”

Relief! July 28, 2013

“It works so well that it doesn't seem real. I only use it occasionally as needed. This morning I woke up and could not breathe through my nose at all. I tried blowing my nose, but with no result (it wasn't nasal congestion, it was swollen nasal passages). I used Flonase and within an hour I could breathe normally again. I know it doesn't always work that quickly for people and I'm surprised that it did for me, but it really is an awesome product.”

Anonymous June 2, 2011

“Well great with the bad. Been using this medicine for two months now. This product worked great. It cleared my sinuses and got rid of the allergies, and it opened up the tubes from my eardrum to my throat where they could drain. But after two months I started getting joint pains, shoulder pains, bad and neck and other joints. It got so bad last week I went to the Doctor and had X-rays done, just some mild wear and tear about it. Then I got to looking up reviews and there it was a lot of joints pains and some mild aggression, moody. Well that summed it up never before had this trouble before Flonase. ”

RinaRivers · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2018

“Flonase is NOT for treating allergies, it's for treating the inflammation in your nose caused by allergies, so I'm confused as to why people think it'll get rid of itchy/watery eyes and other symptoms. Confusing advertisement I guess. For nasal treatment it works just fine. As a nasal corticosteroid it can be used to treat nasal polyps over a period of time- which often happens with chronic infections/bad allergies. For that function it works well. I haven't had an issue with it. I'm usually able to breathe through my nose again within 15-20 minutes after application. Guess we'll see how it works over the long run.”

OhSusieQ2 May 7, 2015

“OMG! What a life saver I have had migraines for years and the seem to be sinus related more often then not I wake up in the middle of the night so stuffed up I can't breath and my headache begins, a breath rite helps a little. But I have tried just about everything, Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec, Advil & Tylenol Sinus, Nasacort, Rhino (something) and many others and nothing worked. The Advil Sinus and the old Tylenol sinus helped a little. My ear nose and throat doctor put me on Singular (pill). I bought this after see the commercials stating it blocks 6 types of allergies. Within in 12 to 24 hours I could tell it was helping by 48 hours it was a like a miracle! The pressure in my head, stuffiness, headaches (that were sinus related went away)”

ksharp · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2013

“I have been using this for 5 days now for Sinusitis, which I developed after a pretty significant bout with the flu. Because of prior condition in my sinuses in 2008 and inability to take the necessary antibiotic to resolve the condition, my sinuses were VERY FULL after this flu. I had severe pain in and behind my nose, under and above my eyes, etc. My ears felt like they would explode too. But, after these 5 days on Flonase and an antibiotic to treat the Sinusitis, I feel much better. I am, however, simultaneously taking supplements which aid in reducing inflammation and have altered my diet to dramatically reduce inflammatory-induced health problems. I believe lifestyle changes are the BETTER long-term solution, as steroids are NOT healthy.”

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2019

“Flonase does nothing for my vasomotor rhinitis. After taking it for 2 weeks I felt chronic fatigue for several months. I tried it again, had the same problem. Drugs aren't always the answer, there must be a better solution... I grow tired of my ailment after 7 years of it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2015

“Umm never again. One squirt - 5 mins later my vision was blurry, my heart was racing, my arms and legs felt like jello and 30 mins later I was having body aches all over the place like I had the flu. Will NOT be taking this medication ever again”

JoDawn · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2016

“I have really bad allergies that are pretty much year round now! I was taking Claritin D for months before I found Flonase! I took both for about 2 days and then no longer needed the Claritin! It was REALLY worth the money! Everything started clearing up within 24 hours...its been 5 days now and all my symptoms are gone!! Don't listen to the haters! This medicine is AMAZING! I told my dad about it, because he has allergies like me. He started it yesterday and I got a text from him today thanking me for telling him about it! He said he can already breathe again!”

Pete · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2018

“Within 2 hours of my 2nd dose of Flonase, I experienced difficulty breathing, and had crusting around the openings of my nose. I also had a feeling of extreme restlessness, much like I would imagine restless leg persons are afflicted with. The next morning I was SOB with minimal exertion, and experienced a worsening sore throat and pharyngitis, with difficulty speaking above a whisper.”

SarahBee22 January 22, 2016

“I took this ONCE. I could not sleep all night - I went to bed at 10 and was up until 4 am. Every time I closed my eyes, I entered a lucid dream and started talking and woke myself up. It was so strange. The next day, I tried to nap and the same thing happened. Eventually, it went away. And I never took Flonase again.”

Judi A · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2015

“Horrible allergy symptoms-total stopped up nose and sneezing and unable to sleep due to congestion! I'd been using decongestant nasal sprays daily thru allergy season which was becoming all year! I started using Flonase one week ago at night and within 2 days all symptoms are gone! I love you Flonase. I'm telling everyone!”

TuolumneDame5 · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2016

“I got sick earlier this week with the flu, which triggered a sinus infection and bronchitis. My doctor prescribed OTC Flonase for the symptom of sinus congestion. I began taking Flonase, two squirts a day in each nostril, on Tuesday. While I was in the midst of the illness, with fever, body aches, and severe congestion and coughing, I did not think there was a problem with the fact that I could not taste or smell. It is the fifth day, however, and while my sense of taste has come back about 40%, my sense of smell has not come back at all. I became curious and looked up "Flonase and sense of smell" on the internet. Apparently, people are reporting loss of sense of smell when using this product. I hope mine comes back.”

always stuffy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 9, 2013

“Have used Flonase for the last year - I used to have to take decongestant that still left me stuffy and Flonase alone is the best! I would be so stuffy at night couldn't breath through my nose and this works! Love it.”

Okay45 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2019

“Took a week to fully unplug my nose. After a month of use with 1x a day of one spray per nostril, I lost my sense of smell. I am now on day 3 of not taking it, feel pretty tired, not feeling well. Hoping those feelings will pass and I get my sense of smell back. Currently my nose is still unplugged. If it weren’t for the smell thing, I’d give this a perfect 10 for clearing a stuffed up nose.”

C13 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 7, 2015

“I was getting nasal infections every 3 months that would last for weeks without treatment. I'd go in and get antibiotics and within a week it'd clear up. Then another 3 months later I'd get another infection. UNTIL I started using this spray! As long as I continue to use it, I don't get nose infections. And, it smells like flowers, which I like. :)”

Dayna R October 26, 2016

“I had a cold that triggered some bad allergies. Constant sneezing, runny nose, one side of my nose constantly clogged, that awful itchy feeling in my nose that wouldn't go away. After my first dose of Flonase I didn't sneeze even once for the rest of the day! I am so pleased with the results. I'm on day 2 and have not had any noticeable side effects. In regards to another review that said that the 60 dose doesn't give you the full amount due to the "priming" sprays- in the little booklet that comes it, it says that they account for priming sprays in the dosage. So you aren't wasting any product by properly priming it.”

Anonymous November 9, 2009

“I have vasomotor rhinitis and this is the best drug for me. When I'm off of it for a few days I can feel my nasal passages swelling and I get an awful headache. Before being on this I took decongestant/antihistimines and I still had post nasal drip and stuffiness and a lot of headaches. With this drug I feel like a normal person most of the time. The only downside is that I get more thirsty than normal but I just constantly carry water with me.”

luckylady · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2018

“I used Flonase for several months. It seemed to be working well. Then I started to get nosebleeds. Then I was told by medical personnel that the flonase can thin the mucous membranes inside the nose. So, I'll never use this again.”

Anonymous December 6, 2011

“Flonase is the best! I suffered from horrible night-time congestion. This medicine is a miracle. No more waking up all night unable to breathe with a horrible headache and feeling like a zombie for half the day! No side effects at all for me. Only downside is the expense without insurance. Wish they had a cheap generic version.”

Supergirl88 May 4, 2015

“I just bought this spray for the first time yesterday and it's already working! Allegra NEVER helped with any of my symptoms. (runny, itchy, stuffy nose, itchy watery eyes, and sneezing) It doesn't burn either like Rx sprays I've used in the past that cost $100. This was only $18.00 at Safeway for the 120 spray dose. (0.54 oz). Yes it does smell like the light scent of flowers in your nose but it doesn't sting or burn!! Yaaaay! Thank you Flonase I love you!!”

TJP10987 January 19, 2016

“My doctor put me on this because my nose gets stuffy when I lay down and they didn't want me using Afrin. I've been on Flonase almost a week and I notice no difference. Sprayed each nostril every night....nose still stuffy. I can't sleep and it's going on 3am and I have to be up at 7. Nothing clears my nose as good as Afrin but it's bad for continuous use. So this stuff doesn't work.”

Angel · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2018

“Flonase is absolute trash and did nothing to unstop my nose. I had to go back to the store and buy the generic Kroger brand and that was the only thing that gave me some relief. Flonase did not decongest either side of my nostril at any time and it was a horrible waste of money”

Acrman1 February 20, 2015

“Great product have been using it on and off for 10 years. Was a smoker while using this product and it would open up sinus great . Now I'm a no smoker and use for allergies. Glad to see its now over the counter . Happy happy happy!”