User Reviews for Flonase to treat Rhinitis

Flonase Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Rhinitis.

Reviews for Flonase

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2019

“TAKE FLONASE NASAL SPRAY AT YOUR OWN PERIL! After having used it for two days, I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night unable to breathe. For almost a minute I was unable to get any air into my lungs. My throat/windpipe was totally constricted. It was the scariest moment of my life. Then gradually I was able to inhale just a little bit of air. Never again will I touch this stuff.”

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2019

“Flonase does nothing for my vasomotor rhinitis. After taking it for 2 weeks I felt chronic fatigue for several months. I tried it again, had the same problem. Drugs aren't always the answer, there must be a better solution... I grow tired of my ailment after 7 years of it.”

Cookie · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 24, 2019

“Works over extended period of time with regular usage, but is incredibly over priced. Total rip off. $20.00 for a non over the counter med”

Stopped up · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

“Flonase will not dispense. You have to VERY vigorusly shake the container. The one in 20 times it will dispense does offer some relief. It is very difficult to use flonase.”

Okay45 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2019

“Took a week to fully unplug my nose. After a month of use with 1x a day of one spray per nostril, I lost my sense of smell. I am now on day 3 of not taking it, feel pretty tired, not feeling well. Hoping those feelings will pass and I get my sense of smell back. Currently my nose is still unplugged. If it weren’t for the smell thing, I’d give this a perfect 10 for clearing a stuffed up nose.”

steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2019

“Expensive. This is my second try for my blocked ears and nose . The Sensimist bottle never quite empties and the spray hose does not reach to the bottom. Thus, you are unable to use the costly liquid spray that you paid for.”

Angel · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2018

“Flonase is absolute trash and did nothing to unstop my nose. I had to go back to the store and buy the generic Kroger brand and that was the only thing that gave me some relief. Flonase did not decongest either side of my nostril at any time and it was a horrible waste of money”

RinaRivers · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2018

“Flonase is NOT for treating allergies, it's for treating the inflammation in your nose caused by allergies, so I'm confused as to why people think it'll get rid of itchy/watery eyes and other symptoms. Confusing advertisement I guess. For nasal treatment it works just fine. As a nasal corticosteroid it can be used to treat nasal polyps over a period of time- which often happens with chronic infections/bad allergies. For that function it works well. I haven't had an issue with it. I'm usually able to breathe through my nose again within 15-20 minutes after application. Guess we'll see how it works over the long run.”

luckylady · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2018

“I used Flonase for several months. It seemed to be working well. Then I started to get nosebleeds. Then I was told by medical personnel that the flonase can thin the mucous membranes inside the nose. So, I'll never use this again.”

Pat June 21, 2018

“Literally from using 200 tissues a day to 0 tissues a day within 24 hours. Best allergy med I’d ever used.”

Pete · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2018

“Within 2 hours of my 2nd dose of Flonase, I experienced difficulty breathing, and had crusting around the openings of my nose. I also had a feeling of extreme restlessness, much like I would imagine restless leg persons are afflicted with. The next morning I was SOB with minimal exertion, and experienced a worsening sore throat and pharyngitis, with difficulty speaking above a whisper.”

JoBear · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

“Flonase has changed my life!! Before using this I was blowing my nose at least 20 times a day and sneezing about a dozen times. I would wake up in the morning and my nose would be so plugged I would stand in the bathroom and blow my nose for five straight minutes to get relief. After only 2 weeks on this I now maybe blow my nose twice and day and have maybe sneezed twice total. The only thing it hasn't helped with much are dry eyes. I would highly recommend at least trying this to see if it works it has been wonderful for me!”

Nickname????? · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 15, 2017

“I used to use tons of OTC nasal sprays to then point of addiction really. I had to stop, but both nostrils would clog completely shut without it, I have also severe nasal allergic reaction and swollen air passages/asthma. My Dr gives me Flonase by Rx. Within a couple weeks my nose cleared, both nostrils stopped swelling, no more nasal allergy and this has been a miracle med for me! I never needed Afrin or anything again. My sense of smell is still low, but I can smell now!”

Audiowombat June 17, 2017

“Works well for me with regular use.”

Bjbarn · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 5, 2017

“Flonase is the only medication that effectively treats my allergies the best I have tried other medications and when my allergies are at their Peak at their worst I get terribly sick with a sinus infection upper respiratory bronchitis I get a lot of problems but with Flonase it clears all that right up and keeps me from getting sick”

Dayna R October 26, 2016

“I had a cold that triggered some bad allergies. Constant sneezing, runny nose, one side of my nose constantly clogged, that awful itchy feeling in my nose that wouldn't go away. After my first dose of Flonase I didn't sneeze even once for the rest of the day! I am so pleased with the results. I'm on day 2 and have not had any noticeable side effects. In regards to another review that said that the 60 dose doesn't give you the full amount due to the "priming" sprays- in the little booklet that comes it, it says that they account for priming sprays in the dosage. So you aren't wasting any product by properly priming it.”

TuolumneDame5 · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2016

“I got sick earlier this week with the flu, which triggered a sinus infection and bronchitis. My doctor prescribed OTC Flonase for the symptom of sinus congestion. I began taking Flonase, two squirts a day in each nostril, on Tuesday. While I was in the midst of the illness, with fever, body aches, and severe congestion and coughing, I did not think there was a problem with the fact that I could not taste or smell. It is the fifth day, however, and while my sense of taste has come back about 40%, my sense of smell has not come back at all. I became curious and looked up "Flonase and sense of smell" on the internet. Apparently, people are reporting loss of sense of smell when using this product. I hope mine comes back.”

JoDawn · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2016

“I have really bad allergies that are pretty much year round now! I was taking Claritin D for months before I found Flonase! I took both for about 2 days and then no longer needed the Claritin! It was REALLY worth the money! Everything started clearing up within 24 hours...its been 5 days now and all my symptoms are gone!! Don't listen to the haters! This medicine is AMAZING! I told my dad about it, because he has allergies like me. He started it yesterday and I got a text from him today thanking me for telling him about it! He said he can already breathe again!”

SarahBee22 January 22, 2016

“I took this ONCE. I could not sleep all night - I went to bed at 10 and was up until 4 am. Every time I closed my eyes, I entered a lucid dream and started talking and woke myself up. It was so strange. The next day, I tried to nap and the same thing happened. Eventually, it went away. And I never took Flonase again.”

aparent January 22, 2016

“Takes few days and then it helps with congestion and stuffiness short term. I do not stay on it past 1-2 weeks due to side effects, prone to infection, dizziness, etc. Overall a good med for me.”

TJP10987 January 19, 2016

“My doctor put me on this because my nose gets stuffy when I lay down and they didn't want me using Afrin. I've been on Flonase almost a week and I notice no difference. Sprayed each nostril every night....nose still stuffy. I can't sleep and it's going on 3am and I have to be up at 7. Nothing clears my nose as good as Afrin but it's bad for continuous use. So this stuff doesn't work.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2015

“Umm never again. One squirt - 5 mins later my vision was blurry, my heart was racing, my arms and legs felt like jello and 30 mins later I was having body aches all over the place like I had the flu. Will NOT be taking this medication ever again”

kymg45 October 20, 2015

“It seemed to work well but I got diarrhea on the second day of using it”

FORTHRLOVEINEEDANAME September 29, 2015

“Amazing! Works so well!”

Tylerrobertsfl · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2015

“I would rate this a 0 if it was an option. Biggest waste of money. It says 60 doses, but yet you have to spray it twice before every use to have a steady mist. That being said, you only get about 30 doses if your lucky. I have always used a afrin and I will continue to use it.”

Learn more about Rhinitis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)