User Reviews for Nucala to treat Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis

Nucala has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis. 45% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Nucala Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis.

Reviews for Nucala

Msbilder · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 13, 2020

“I have eosinophilic Asthma and took xolair for 10 years until it started to cause severe back pain and leg pain , I stopped the xolair and the pain went away entirely... started the nucala January 2019 and at first it worked like a charm for the asthma but I always had some type of flu like symptoms. As time went on the Nucala became less and less effective and I am still having what feels like a constant flu like virus all the time, some anxiety and constant stomach aches. The last shot I developed shingles within a day and a half after the shot. I truly believe these monoclonal antibody therapies (Xolair, Nucala, Frasenra etc) are decreasing our immune systems and creating a more immunosuppressed environment. I am not sure what I am going to do at this point but I hope I am not doing more harm than good to my body”

Two Pat Shakur · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

“I've been on Nucala for two years. I have Chronic Eosinophilic Pneumonia. My treatment before Nucala was 30 to 40 mg of Predinsone. I'am down to 5 mg of Predinsone now. 10 mg on a bad day. And zero side effects. I say Amen.”

Faith · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2019

“I was put on nucala after finally seeing a pulmonologist, after hospital admissions by ambulance for E type asthma , I also have a rare lung disease, I am non smoker my whole life, after first injection, I had side effects come on very strong , nausea, vertigo, pain, arthritis in back feet ,ulcers in mouth, broken cracked gums ,rash on my back skin ,ear infections ,painful and to the point I couldn't drive my car due to onset of severe vertigo. I rang the Nucala company and explained my anguish, then saw my specialist, after 3 injections , I still had asthma all through treatment so was told to stop immediately. This drug challenged me ,like chemotherapy, it may work for some people, but not others. I've had chemotherapy in the past and found that Nucala reminded me of chemo treatments ,I hope they find more ways to control asthma in the future”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2020

“I have been getting the Nucala injections for about 6 months now and the first couple of months I could breath ok but developed a sinus/ear infection that caused a complete blockage to my ear. Have still been having to use my nebulizer treatments and rescue inhaler and have severe fatigue, headaches, muscle spasms and back pain. I will not be getting anymore of these injections.”

Duffc · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2019

“I am coming up to my third shot of Nucala. After the first shot I felt normal without any allergy symptoms for the first week, but as the month went on less comfort and more allergies came back. The second month same thing I felt great the first week or so then my sinuses dried out and I started a humidifier which helped with that. The 3rd week I started getting anxiety and it reminded me of the symptoms I had with singular. (Agitated and nervous overwhelming feelings and then it would pass and come back at times when it was warm in the house or where ever I was). I am due for the 3rd shot and they claim it will improve but I am afraid of anxiety coming back. I wish I could figure out if it’s the Nucala causing it but it seems this is only mentioned once in a side effect on here. The shots do seem to help but my asthma was not as serious as some described above. I am on symbicort and xopenex in addition to Nucala”

Amber · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2019

“Hi a brilliant drug has helped with the lungs I stop wheezing after first injection I now been on nucula for six months but I have hair loss and severe pain in foot and all over body so painful 24 hours all the time I not sure if it is reducing steroids slowly from 10mg to 5mg over the months or the drug but seem to have all the symptoms everyone is having. It has saved me from my wheezing lungs so I will continue see how I go”

Weezy sab September 19, 2019

“Late onset asthma about 18 years ago, polyps, heart valve problems, high eosinphiilis, Periocarditis for over five years. Given Nucala for both severe asthma and Churg Strauss Has helped wheezing and breathing. Have noticed attacks immune and weakest part of body. Constant bladder infections, headaches, sore throats. Am exhausted all the time. In stage Two of disease. Like any other meds helps one thing causes another. Have had nine times, hoping to put disease in remission.”

LynnU · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 15, 2020

“Had great results initially. No Xopenex! 4 months ago delivery changed to pre prepared shots packaged by manufacturer instead of being mixed by pharmacists on site after I arrived. Health deteriorated for 4 months, from 20 minutes on the treadmill to tough 5 minute walks and oxygen at night. Shot can be delivered from hospital about 2 miles away any time from hours to day or weeks. Not sure if that is the problem. Comments?”

coughnomore · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 5, 2021

“I've been on Nucala for almost a year now. I did initially notice fatigue and hair loss, but my doctor didn't seem to think it was related and was more due to work stress, however that has all passed now. I will say that I went from uncontrollable coughing and being unable to breathe after doing minor things (like walking), and now I am inhaler free! Overall, I have had a good experience so far.”

Bluejay · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2021

“I have had asthma on and off for 60 years. Last year a blood test showed Eosinophilic Asthma which made me eligible for Nucala. This is subsidised by the Australian Government. Over the years I no longer responded to prednisone or inhalers and was very glad that Nucala worked for the first 3 months. I felt like a new woman and my respiratory specialist was overjoyed that at last something worked. But after another 2 months I no longer had any benefit for my breathlessness. I am due for injection No. 6 next week, so I will see if I respond again favourably. I had no side effects.”

Terry · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 3, 2021

“I have been on Nucala for EGPA 2-½ years. I’m concerned about long term use because no one knows why to expect. Two weeks ago my ear started bleeding, almost like a leak. ?”

Learn more about Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis