User Reviews for Dupilumab

Atopic Dermatitis
7.1

Summary of Dupilumab reviews 7.8 83 reviews

Reviews for Dupilumab

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I've had my third shot and seen some improvement but still itching , today my skin has flared up bad but I don't now if it’s just the injection wearing off."

Ang (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My first dose of Dupixent in February, which is the double dose, was challenging. My arms broke out like never before, but that dissipated. It's been almost 8 months and with each dose I seem to get a little better. My skin has completely transformed from dry, red, and scaly, to soft, normally colored skin. Every time my husband touches me he comments how much my skin has changed and is amazed by it. The only negative I've experienced on this medication is that my eyesight has gotten worse. But, that is a price I'm willing to pay. Also, I wish this medicine was a weekly dose so as to not have the peaks and valleys of a bi-weekly injection."

WillyD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "For years I suffered with eczema that was so bad my skin when I scratched came off from years of steroid use. My hands were the worst. Prior to starting this drug, I was on methotrexate which helped my hands but they never fully cleared up. This drug is excellent I saw results within 2 weeks I'm losing my insurance by 30th and worried the eczema will return. Thank you for giving me my life back"

Flubb September 20, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I am 38 years old and have had eczema on and off most of my life. It started getting really excruciating about 3 years ago. Sores all over from scratching. Couldn't sleep. Couldn't sweat. Depressed because I didn't want to go out. The flare ups got so bad that my patients would ask me if I was ok (I'm a nurse so I have to work through the flare ups, which were constant). I was put on high doses of oral steroids, antihistamines, Even intravenous steroids and nothing helped. This drug has changed my life. I've been on it 9 months and my skin is 75 percent clearer. The itching is 90 percent better. I would not want to be without this medication. It is truly a blessing. I wish I could Thank everyone who worked on getting this drug approved!"

Dee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 6, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Good results on the Atopic dermatitis (AD). I did get problems with my eyes (itching). I try to keep the eyes in the best possible condition. I prefer to keep my skin in a good condition by this medication."

Stef (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "It's slow to work on me, but over the past year, I and others have noticed a significant difference. It's slowly getting me back to a normal quality of life that I had."

wittlechaos (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I suffer from Atopic Dermatitis and was on Dupixent for 7 months with no change. It calmed down the itching some and that's all. 4 months into taking the injections my joints started to hurt and continued to get worse. The Dr. stopped the Dupixent and my joints began to feel a little better. So I still suffer from AD with no medicine that helps. Glad for those that it does help."

Charm August 26, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I was put on Dupixent in Aug of 2017. My Derm mentioned I would be the first patient she used it on. Two weeks in, I immediately noticed an improvement in my skin. My eczema flare up covered my entire body which I've never experienced before. The side effects mentioned to me were itchy eyes, conjunctivitis, cold sores. I stopped the Dupixent in October of 2017; so I took it for about a 2 months, 4 injections in total. I decided to stop as I began to feel my lips forming a cold sore and my eyes were terribly itchy. While on Dupixent, the itch it caused my eyes was unbearable. In May of 2018, I visited my Ophthalmologist again because my vision was slowly getting worse. There, I was diagnosed with having Keratoconus which is a condition where the eye is no longer round but bulging. This was said to be caused by excessive rubbing of the eye. There is no cure for this eye condition just treatment. Your vision is constantly changing, I mean changing by the week."

San August 24, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "Dupixent has completely changed my quality of life. Like many, I've had severe eczema since infancy that only worsened as I got older. I'd tried everything from topical steroids to acupuncture, eventually resorting to nausea-inducing antibiotics (cefadroxil) once my flare-ups became so severe that I would break out in constant skin infections and had to take weeks off work at a time. It's been a year since I've begun using Dupixent, and my skin is 95% clear. While I still have very minor redness behind my knees and neck, my skin overall has elasticity and softness, and I no longer have flare-ups of any kind. I can wear the clothes I want, sleep through the night without itching--but most importantly, be confident in myself again. People who didn't know me before Dupixent actually stop and tell me how beautiful my skin looks. I highly recommend others who have severe eczema or AD to ask their doctors about Dupixent."

Clear and thriving (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 22, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I started my treatment in May 2018. The first 3 injections helped a lot as my skin became clear. After I took my 4th injection, my skin started to flare up again. I took my 5th injection and I am still flaring up. It feels like the benefits of Dupixent are starting to wear off. I will be taking my 6th injection this week and hopefully my skin will clear up. Will update soon."

Sim (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "Love it"

kbrezzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "My first few doses were helping a lot, taking the itch away and clearing my skin. My 4th does made my eyes very red, my Dermotaligst referred me to an opthalmologist to check the pressure in my eyes. Perssure was ok, only some inflammation in the whites of my eyes. So I continued the Dupixent injections, red eyes and all, then I started getting small red pimple like spots on my face along with redness. When my joints started aching after the 6th dose I stopped dupiexent. It has been approximately 2 months and the redness on my face is finally going away, my eyes cleared right after stopping Dupixent. I seem to think the dose was too strong for me. But there’s only 1 strength. I’m still itching and having breakouts and don’t know what to do at this point as nothing seems to work."

Mar 0715 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "Been on Dupixent for about 12 weeks now. Giving myself biweekly injections, and my eczema that kept me up at night with scalp itching IS GONE! Have had a little bit of eye itchiness but this is something I'm used to dealing with since I have allergies etc. Skin looking basically, NORMAL...less big red bruises when I rub up against something too."

Roxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I started experiencing severe eczema on my hands in 2009 at the age of 28. I had minor patches here and there growing up. I would have tears and painful cuts that hurt and burned constantly and only worsened after having my second child. The itch was so crazy. The only thing that kept it at bay was a relatively high dose of prednisone which I did not want to be on because of the side effects. I had even tried cyclosporine which didn’t even touch it. I was started on dupixent in November 2017 and my skin is 100 percent clear as of June. I saw improvement within the first month in that I didn’t feel quite as itchy, but I first noted significant improvement at around 3 months. The only side effects to mention were really dry eyes, which are better with drops. I am so grateful and happy. I just hope it continues to be covered by my insurance and the copay assistance program through dupixent!"

Bex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "After 44 years of debilitating eczema, all I can say is thank you. I’ve never had clear skin despite heavy continuous use of steroids. I had lost partial use of my fingers due to so many cracks and scar tissue. My skin was always red and infected and my poor wife suffered so much because of my eczema. After 10 months on Dupixent I can tell you I have regained total use of my hands and I don’t have a cut or crack on my whole body. When you live your whole life with bad eczema you get used to nothing really working and just kind of give up. Dupixent has given me a quality of life I never thought I would have! My only concern is when I get dropped from the Dupixent My Way Program and then my insurance will not cover it. I can’t afford the $2900 a month. I just prey that doesn’t happen. Seriously, thank you to all the researchers and doctors who have come up with this amazing drug!"

Thankful (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I have been on dupixent since Oct 2017. It has changed my life! I am 58 and had eczema since I was six months old. The last 2 years before starting the injections I was in a constant flare over my entire body. I have tried EVERYTHING and went through tubs of medicine. My dermatologist kept saying something is finally coming! I am a nurse in a hospital and was nervous about infections. I have bone loss from the prednisone I took off and on and the steroid creams . I also had serious infections related to my disease and allergy shots. I slept horribly. I am 95% clear. I can sleep and don’t worry about spending the night somewhere and getting blood on sheets. I exercise without being itchy from sweating. I am so thankful. It took 6 months and a lot of persistence to get my insurance to cover the medication. I have had the peeling lips and red, itchy eyes but they are getting better."

Holly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 2, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "After 50 years of painful, itchy eczema skin, dupixent has given me hope for clear skin. I started in December, so 6 months ago. It cleared up my hands, back of the knees and elbows, but it still flares on my torso. Mainly when the drug wears off. Seems I get one week of relief, one week where a flare kicks in and stays until two days after I take my shot. So, I need weekly injections, but I am very happy now with some relief. Life has changed, I can date now, I can go to the pool and I can finally wear rings. The cashiers no longer stare, my friends no longer tell me to "just stop itching." If they only knew... I treat myself to acrylic nails because they are thicker and don't tear up my skin. Plus now my hands are normal, the nails look nice. I will probably be taking this drug the rest of my life. The side effect of a weepy right eye was worth it and has improved over time. I was turned down my BCBS three times, so keep after your dermo for this drug!"

Dee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2018

For Eczema: "I have suffered with severe eczema for the whole 32 of my life. I have had everything... bandages, prednisone, methotrexate, azathioprine, high dosage of anti histamines. All with no prevail. The only previous treatment that worked well was ciclosporine, but I couldn't stay on it. I have had my 3rd dose of dupixent and I am beyond amazed!!! Itching has stopped, scars are healing, redness has faded, just 1 dry patch remains. It's a miracle drug!!!! I have never felt so good and confident. The summer is here and I am proudly wearing my strappy tops. I can say now, I am not suffering"

Karen (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "My daughter was started on this and it has been a miracle drug for her. We tried everything since she was 3 months old; prescription ointments galore, the best moisturizers, bleach baths, daily baths, different prescription meds. Nothing has helped her in all her years. After one month, there was a very noticeable improvement in her skin. Now, 2 months later, she only has some dark patches where she used to have eczema."

twinmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Way too expensive for Medicare patients. My co-pay was $987 per month after Select Health covered 66%. Gave up waiting for it work after 4 shots over 6 weeks."

JT (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "Dupixent has been life changing for me. I was diagnosed at age 6 and I am currently 32 years of age. I have severe eczema and typically dress completely covered to prevent the stares, questions and comments. I have not been able to wear my wedding ring for 7 years because of the dyshidrotic eczema. on my hands. I have never been bowling with my children, the oldest being 12. I have a hard time allowing anyone to touch me because my skin is so hypersensitive, it drives me insane. I have never slept all the way through the night. My self esteem is highly affected and exercise is nearly impossible with the sweat pouring and irritating the wounds. Sometimes, just getting out of bed, walking, or taking a shower is enough to send me to tears. Dupixent has given me a new life. It has given me life back. I now know what all eczema took from me and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to be on this medication."

Nicole (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have had AD for at least 67 years of my 70 years on this earth. My life as a child was hell because of weeping medicated baths and teasing by other children. My adult life has also been equally affected by the use of corticosteroids on my skin, which is now permanently affected due to chronic steroids. When my new dermatologist brought up dupixent about six months ago I was skeptical and scared. I started March 22. I STOPPED itching in 24 hours. It has been a MIRACLE. Scratching is now due to habit but not itching. My skin has lost redness. I am glad about my success but sad when I read about my fellow AD's who continue to suffer despite dupixent"

Pinkas (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I love Dupixent! Before I started injections I was beyond miserable. If there’s a worse word for it... I’ve been using Dupixent since January 17, 2018 and within the first day of taking it I noticed a drastic change. The itch started to cease quickly and all of my eczema patches started to dry up and peel off. After about a month, many of my active spots healed. The hyperpigmentation on my face, hands and legs have lightened up. My derm said hyperpig can take a year to go away. I’m fine with that because I never thought I’d be able to look myself I’m the mirror and not cry. I rejoice quite often because I have a normal life again. I can cook, clean and go to work consistently without having to book an appointment. I do keep breaking out around my eyes, the temple of my head and neck but it’s not nearly as bad as it was 4 months ago. My eyes itch really bad sometimes but my doctor gave me something for them. I’ll take itchy eyes over a complete body of hives anyway!"

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I’ve been suffering from eczema my entire life. In the past few years I’ve had major break outs, really major. You know, the ones when you can’t sleep, stop scratching, and you’re covered in sores. Nothing works, not even rounds and rounds of prednisone where the only thing you get are horrible side effects. Ugh! No fun. I’ve taken Dupixent 5 times so far, one being the initial dose of 2 units and the other 3 self-administered and it’s been a miracle for me. I also suffer from hideous asthma (of course) and my side effect from Dupixent has been NO asthma episodes! Already! I feel like I’d imagine a normal person feels. I CAN BREATHE AND DO THINGS! And I’m not dying of asthma attacks all the time. I’d LOVE to kiss the manufacturer AND work for the company as a spokesperson. There aren’t enough stars to rate Dupixent as high as I want to. It really is magical unicorn fairy dust!!"

Zia P. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Have been using this for the past 3 months now and I am a bit disappointed as I am not feeling as good as when I was on cyclosporine. After a few doses, my dermatitis was out of control and everywhere in places I never had dermatitis before. I had to stop my allergy shots since I was feeling that my immune system was too much affected all at once. Now it is after 6 doses and it is just starting to calm down. But again, I am not seeing any positive results like when I was on Cyclosporine. Does anyone have the same feeling? results? I am really looking to stop it and get back on cyclosporine. Any comments?"

Carcode (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018