User Reviews for Dupilumab

Also known as: Dupixent

Dupilumab has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 266 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of those users who reviewed Dupilumab reported a positive effect, while 23% reported a negative effect.

Eczema
8.7
Summary of Dupilumab reviews 7.0 266 reviews

Reviews for Dupilumab

dtram2021 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2021

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “I had severe hand dermatitis for about 6 months prior to beginning Dupixent. My hands were so raw and constantly peeling and painful. It was so bad that I had to wear cotton or nitrile gloves day and night. I tried many different prescription topicals and OTC lotions. I had not had any skin issues prior to this, except occasional psoriasis on an elbow or knee in the winter. Began Dupixent in February and it was better within a week! I can not believe how quickly my hands stopped peeling. Three and a half months on Dupixent and I have not had any more issues or side effects. I was able to get on the Dupixent assistance plan at no cost for the medication.”

mitchpipe June 12, 2021

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Worked great on my asthma but I have lost my vision in my left eye. They can't correct it and it is at 20/600. My vision changes started within 3-4 months of starting dupixent. and that is the only thing that has changed in my life : ( My eye doctor reports seeing this in 5 or 6 of her patients on dupixent, I just hope my vision comes back now I am stopping it Wonder if anyone else has had visions changes and if it got better coming off the med? And PS it does hurt to get it!!”

msvllf0rz · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 19, 2021

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Dupixent has decreased my asthma symptoms drastically and I have had less severe asthma attacks AND less eczema flare ups. I am 130lbs 19y/o, Female. The side effects for me include acne breakouts, facial whiteheads, dry skin patches, and dry mouth, and feeling overly exhausted and irritable.”

Katana · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 8, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “This is actually for my son. He had eczema since birth. Highly allergic to everything. Has been on every drug on planet earth. Also had asthma. They finally approved Dupixent. I can't tell you how many days if school he had missed and the pain he had to endure all these years. But he has been on Dupixent for 2 years now. Completely clear of eczema and asthma. No side effects. He can go outside now eat whatever he wants. He is finally happy. So it isn't so horrible everyones body is different. Find out what works for you.”

Sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “I started on Dupixent a year ago for my eczema. When I first set up the medication, I was told that I had no co-pay. Everything was going good until March of 2020 (no pun intended). I received a bill for just under $3,000.00 for my prescription for one month. I found out that there was an account set up by Dupixent that would basically cover not quite four months of their drug. After that account is gone the consumer is hit with an unrealistic monthly bill. If I had known this up front I would not of started on the medication. I feel that I and my doctor where mislead on this product. I have sent a letter to the company asking for help in paying this bill and I have heard no response. I would caution customers from starting this medication, as it will end up costing you in the end.”

Chase · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “I’m 22 & have been on Dupixant about 6 months. My skin has never looked better, but unfortunately my eyes have never been worse. My eye doctor sent me to a corneal specialist who said the drug is damaging my corneas so I have to stop taking it. It’s a great drug for your skin if you are lucky enough to avoid the eye issues. Hopefully they can tweak it to be effective without damaging the eyes. My eyes constantly watered, were oozy, extremely red, and recently caused blurry vision.”

Lisa · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 20, 2019

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I have asthma and atopic dermatitis/hives. My allergy and immunologist put me in the original FDA drug trial for this drug so I am in my fourth year of taking it. I self inject. Have never had any side effects and it has changed my life. I can not imagine going back to the many medications I was on before I found this solution. I was also on 4 Zyrtec and 2 Claritin a day. In addition to advair, singular ventolin, patanol, Flonase, astelin. Plus prednisone frequently when I would have allergy or give flare ups. Now I only take this one medication and do not need anything else. A blessing in my life for sure.”

Eczema_fiend February 11, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “I've had mild eczema since I was 11. My symptoms flared in my early 20s but rather than look at my stress levels I was prescribed the strongest newest drug on the market. I agreed to try it. Before even going on the drug, my increased eczema symptoms went away after I removed myself from an extremely stressful place. But I thought I should still try the drug. It helped at first, until I got flares around my mouth. Then my eye sight was affected. I quit after 6 months. Since quitting, I've had the worst eczema symptoms of my life. It effects my whole body. It used to only affect small, isolated areas. I blame dupixent. I do not believe this drug is fully understood. I sincerely hope this is rare but it should be noted that before using dupixent and after using dupixent my eczema symptoms are extremely different. I never used to itch, and now I suffer from itch. I never had it all over, now it affects every part of my body. I have been off the drug for a year and I am still struggling.”

Kimber9mm · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Asthma, Maintenance: “My son is 12 and has both asthma and eczema severely bad to the point where he’s up all night gouging his skin, also hospitalized twice for asthma and made several non hospitalized trips to the Er. He can’t even walk around the block with stopping for air/puffs at least 7-8 times. He just started taking the Dupixant we are on his 2nd shot and already I notice a huge difference. I have to admit it works wonders for both aliments however the actual shot when being injected hurts something fierce. Does anyone else have this problem and is he overreacting or does it really hurt that bad? Can anything be done to lessen the pain of injection?”

Sad & very disappointed · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “I’ve had eczema on my hands for almost 50 yrs, since I was 17 yrs old. Prednisone & steroid creams would temporarily make it barely manageable. Itched like crazy all the time. Dermatologist gave me the starter doses of Dupixent & it was a miracle. Started clearing up right away. Had 2 more doses, then started having severe dry eyes & eye pain. Within one week my one eye was all red & had severe eye pain. Went to eye dr-ophthalmologist & I have peripheral ulcerative keratitis. Severe inflammation of the cornea of my eye. He said white blood cells are attacking my cornea, taking antibiotic drops & prednisone drops to get rid of the infection. I pray my eye will be ok. Stopped Dupixent immediately. So upset”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2021

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “I’d just like to let everyone know that if you have tried Dupixent, steroids etc all your life and your eczema is getting WORSE, it is most likely you have topical steroid withdrawal and need to let your body get rid of all the drugs and toxins without applying anything else.”

Rocky October 9, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “Been using Dupixent for over a year. Within 3 months of beginning use all signs of eczema were gone, clear skin, and has remained that way. I have experienced no side effects. It has been a miracle medicine for me. Very much intend continued use.”

Warg August 15, 2019

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “My little girl had severe eczema mixed up with severe psoriasis in other words the worst ever, severe skin condition . Every medication will work for one week. I try everything even change diet to all gluten free and natural. Almost in bankruptcy we were left 4 times a week at the doctors and 1 or 2 at the hospital. Severe bleeding at the bed blankets every morning. I felt helpless and one day she tells me she can't live like this anymore. I panic, we all panic but still one more year will pass more medicines, more steroids. Till finally she turn 12 and Dupixent was approved for kids her age. OMG with in the next day itching was reduce, a week past and her skin was showing improvement now almost 3 months there she has no open skin. She is healing she is able to sleep 8 hours. My inability to help my daughter is gone. I can see all her suffering is leaving her. Her look on life and experiencing going outside and the wonder is incredible. Now she this August 2019 was her first ever year in school. She is happy.”

Buddy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2021

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps: “At the start of the pandemic I got a sore throat, post nasal drip and cough. Naturally no one wanted to see me. Months go by and the symptoms persist and I finally get to see an ENT, allergist, gastro doc, everybody. Turns out I'm allergic to every tree known to man. Lol. Finally after steroids, antibiotics, nasal sprays I get to get a CT scan.. oh boy. My entire sinus cavity is littered with polyps. And after being told surgery is the only thing that'll work and that we're gonna have to do a full turbectomy I said let me get a second opinion. New ENT doc said, try dupixent. Started it in January it is now end of April and almost all of the polyps are gone. I did also have to go on emeprozole for Gerd but finally, 14 months later all my symptoms are gone. Dupixent is legit!”

heather · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2019

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I have horrible chemical allergies that left me with rashes and and I would have reaction of blisters for the last 7 years. My lungs turned on me about 2 years ago. I was put on so many steroids (inhaled, oral and topical) the doctors accidentally gave me steroid myopathy and shut my adrenal gland down leaving me with POTS for 3 months. Still not able to breath, several ER visits, allergic reactions to 3 different steroids my pulmonologist finally put me on Dupixent. It has literally saved my life. I can not believe the difference in just 8 weeks. I couldn't even climb the stairs 8 weeks ago without having an asthma attack. I finally can breath and I have cleared skin too. This biological is worth every penny to me. I would highly recommend it.”

Bill May 15, 2019

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “I am 27 and have been suffering with severe eczema since I was 16 years old. From day one this disease completely took away my ability to live a full life. I will spare everyone here the emotional toll it took on me as well as difficulties in school, with friends, with family, because I know people dealing with this issue know how that is. After hundreds of doctor visits and many medications, my doctors began to give me cyclosporine intermittently throughout the year. This would calm my symptoms but they would immediately resurface when the pills were gone. Being fearful of what this was doing to my body my doctor brought up Dupixent and I decided to give it a go for the eczema. After four days my symptoms were about 80% gone. I have been on medication now for 2 months and have been able to live my life again. Where as before I would scratch 24/7 all day everyday it has been reduced to probably 5 minutes a day and very minor if that. Thank you to all who worked on this medicine and future biologics to come.”

Nick February 21, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “I was one of the first to be put on Dupixent when it was approved - back in June 0f 2018. It worked very well for quite a while. I had severe eczema on the back of my neck , elbows, back of knees, and around my eyes. It cleared up pretty quickly after using dupixent for a couple months. Now however, for about the last 2 months, I have experienced the side effect on my eyes. My eyelids are constantly red, inflamed, and itchy. My eyes are constantly tearing. My dermatologist gave me a prescription eye drop to take - it has not worked. He said he does not think it is a side effect of dupixent, that he believes it is simply an eczema flair up, possibly due to the weather in New Jersey. The dupixent people disagree - they think it is a side effect of dupixent. So my dilemma is - do I stay on dupixent and continue the eye problems or go off dupixent. To be perfectly honest - the last month or so, it seems the dupixent has not been working as well.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2021

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps: “I have had nose polyps for 14 years. I have had 1-2 surgeries every year to have them removed.I have had no smell or taste for years. After every surgery within 3-4 months my polyps return. I have been miserable for many years. I have tried many different things to help. But nothing has worked. So after this last surgery in Dec I approached my ENT about Dupinxent. I have been taking it for 6 weeks / 3 injections and feel great! So far so good. No side effects and for once in 14 years I can smell and taste. I' m looking forward to having my sense of smell and taste for a long time...lol I'm glad it's working! Fingers crossed!”

RWD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 18, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps: “I developed nasal polyps about 5-6 years ago, took oral steroids every six months to knock them down but they'd come back in 3-4 months. Had one surgery to remove them, but again, they came right back. Asked my asthma doc about Dupixent since I have both polyps and eosinophilic asthma. The asthma is now controlled to the point where I only need a rescue inhaler, and the polyps disappeared right after the third dose. I can now breathe normally, no stuffy/runny nose, and no issues with alcohol sending my polyps into overdrive. After 8 months, no side effects experienced, so I'm very happy with Dupixent!”

Jen · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps: “I have had Chronic Sinus issues and nasal polyps for about 14 years and have had 4 sinus surgeries. Not wanting to have a 5th surgery since they never seem to be successful for long my ENT suggested I try Dupixent. I started in July and was able to start feeling a difference with my sinuses within 4 weeks! After about 8 weeks of Dupixent ( 4injections) my smell and taste came back and I was able to start sleeping again without waking up every hour to blow my nose. I also have asthma and it has helped me with that as well. After years of suffering this has been pretty life changing.”

Kevin · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 30, 2019

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “I've had severe eczema since I was born. My allergist recommended we try Dupixent. My life is something I've never ever known. No more constant itching No more scalding showers No more tossing and turning at night No more bleeding behind my knees and on my arms No more steroids It's easy, and absolutely works for me. My quality of life is so improved, it almost impossible to believe.”

Dom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 6, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “My wife has eczema so used Dupixent for about six months and she suddenly started having irritated eyes which worsened over time. Her vision blurred and she needed to address those issues with several eye doctors. She obviously stopped using Dupixent and her vision has slowly improved after several months. She still needs to apply several different drops and ointments on a daily basis. It is unfortunate because Dupixent had significantly reduced her eczema and since she has stopped her injections, her rashes have slowly returned. Vision prevails!”

Mary · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: “The Dupixent hot line is worthless. No one there can answer a simple question about the medication. They literally sound like robots reading from a script. Managers unavailable to talk. I have decided this company is a joke and I do not trust taking the medication . Stay away.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 24, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I take it for my asthma. This medicine was life altering. Can breath. No cough. Worked within the first couple weeks. Amazing! Haven’t had an ER visit or round of prednisone since. I have been on it for over a year and a half.”

PghChick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 15, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Asthma, Maintenance: “My daughter has suffered from asthma from age 5. It got extremely worse in 10th grade. Too many ER visits and hospital stays to count. College was major fail as she could not manage the hiking to class in cold temps. After a very scary night where she was life flighted to the hospital and after 5 years of steroid dependency (Nucala shots) we started Dupixent in April 2019. Minor heart racing was the only side effect. I have my bubbly, happy, active daughter back! I missed her. She looks and feels fantastic. We spend 6 hours outside last weekend sledding and hiking mountains and she hasn’t used her inhaler in months - down from 10x day on a good day. This has literally saved her life.”

Doc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 6, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I was diagnosed with asthma at 43 after having over a year of terrible sinus infections (sense of smell was completely gone) and being treated every other month with prednisone and antibiotics. I was put on Fasenera, but it did not do anything for me. My asthma doctor thought the sinus infection was related to my asthma so I had sinus surgery where they discovered many polyps. After the sinus surgery I was right back to the same conditions as before. I was put on Dupixent and about two days after the first dose (600mg) my nose/sinus discharged some of the craziest stuff I had ever seen. Almost a year later and I have had no more sinus infections and I have not used an inhaler in almost all of that time. Dupixent has worked incredibly well for me.”

Flow · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 6, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Asthma, Maintenance: “At age 63, my lifelong asthma was getting harder to control. After 40+ years on various doses of steroids, I was having monthly exacerbations that responded slowly to higher doses. Then I started Dupixent. Over the course of nine months I was able to wean off steroids completely. I sleep well, I have good exercise tolerance, and I've had only two asthma exacerbations in a year. Now I look forward to an active retirement, travel, hiking, bicycling--all the things I thought I was losing. Dupixent changed my life.”

MLB · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 2, 2020

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps: “I've had 5 sinus surgeries in 20 years to remove nasal polyps. I have tried everything you can think of, to manage my nasal polyps. I tried Dupixent and it changed my life. In one week after my first Dupixent shot I could feel a positive change in my nasal airway. After another six weeks I could smell and taste. My allergist doctor said I was a super reactive patient to Dupixent, in a positive way. I want to say Thank You to the makers Dupixent.”