User Reviews for Dupilumab

8.1

Atopic Dermatitis

Summary of Dupilumab reviews 7.9 70 reviews

Reviews for Dupilumab

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I started experiencing severe eczema on my hands in 2009 at the age of 28. I had minor patches here and there growing up. I would have tears and painful cuts that hurt and burned constantly and only worsened after having my second child. The itch was so crazy. The only thing that kept it at bay was a relatively high dose of prednisone which I did not want to be on because of the side effects. I had even tried cyclosporine which didn’t even touch it. I was started on dupixent in November 2017 and my skin is 100 percent clear as of June. I saw improvement within the first month in that I didn’t feel quite as itchy, but I first noted significant improvement at around 3 months. The only side effects to mention were really dry eyes, which are better with drops. I am so grateful and happy. I just hope it continues to be covered by my insurance and the copay assistance program through dupixent!"

Bex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "After 44 years of debilitating eczema, all I can say is thank you. I’ve never had clear skin despite heavy continuous use of steroids. I had lost partial use of my fingers due to so many cracks and scar tissue. My skin was always red and infected and my poor wife suffered so much because of my eczema. After 10 months on Dupixent I can tell you I have regained total use of my hands and I don’t have a cut or crack on my whole body. When you live your whole life with bad eczema you get used to nothing really working and just kind of give up. Dupixent has given me a quality of life I never thought I would have! My only concern is when I get dropped from the Dupixent My Way Program and then my insurance will not cover it. I can’t afford the $2900 a month. I just prey that doesn’t happen. Seriously, thank you to all the researchers and doctors who have come up with this amazing drug!"

Thankful (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I have been on dupixent since Oct 2017. It has changed my life! I am 58 and had eczema since I was six months old. The last 2 years before starting the injections I was in a constant flare over my entire body. I have tried EVERYTHING and went through tubs of medicine. My dermatologist kept saying something is finally coming! I am a nurse in a hospital and was nervous about infections. I have bone loss from the prednisone I took off and on and the steroid creams . I also had serious infections related to my disease and allergy shots. I slept horribly. I am 95% clear. I can sleep and don’t worry about spending the night somewhere and getting blood on sheets. I exercise without being itchy from sweating. I am so thankful. It took 6 months and a lot of persistence to get my insurance to cover the medication. I have had the peeling lips and red, itchy eyes but they are getting better."

Holly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 2, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "After 50 years of painful, itchy eczema skin, dupixent has given me hope for clear skin. I started in December, so 6 months ago. It cleared up my hands, back of the knees and elbows, but it still flares on my torso. Mainly when the drug wears off. Seems I get one week of relief, one week where a flare kicks in and stays until two days after I take my shot. So, I need weekly injections, but I am very happy now with some relief. Life has changed, I can date now, I can go to the pool and I can finally wear rings. The cashiers no longer stare, my friends no longer tell me to "just stop itching." If they only knew... I treat myself to acrylic nails because they are thicker and don't tear up my skin. Plus now my hands are normal, the nails look nice. I will probably be taking this drug the rest of my life. The side effect of a weepy right eye was worth it and has improved over time. I was turned down my BCBS three times, so keep after your dermo for this drug!"

Dee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2018

For Eczema: "I have suffered with severe eczema for the whole 32 of my life. I have had everything... bandages, prednisone, methotrexate, azathioprine, high dosage of anti histamines. All with no prevail. The only previous treatment that worked well was ciclosporine, but I couldn't stay on it. I have had my 3rd dose of dupixent and I am beyond amazed!!! Itching has stopped, scars are healing, redness has faded, just 1 dry patch remains. It's a miracle drug!!!! I have never felt so good and confident. The summer is here and I am proudly wearing my strappy tops. I can say now, I am not suffering"

Karen (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "My daughter was started on this and it has been a miracle drug for her. We tried everything since she was 3 months old; prescription ointments galore, the best moisturizers, bleach baths, daily baths, different prescription meds. Nothing has helped her in all her years. After one month, there was a very noticeable improvement in her skin. Now, 2 months later, she only has some dark patches where she used to have eczema."

twinmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Way too expensive for Medicare patients. My co-pay was $987 per month after Select Health covered 66%. Gave up waiting for it work after 4 shots over 6 weeks."

JT (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "Dupixent has been life changing for me. I was diagnosed at age 6 and I am currently 32 years of age. I have severe eczema and typically dress completely covered to prevent the stares, questions and comments. I have not been able to wear my wedding ring for 7 years because of the dyshidrotic eczema. on my hands. I have never been bowling with my children, the oldest being 12. I have a hard time allowing anyone to touch me because my skin is so hypersensitive, it drives me insane. I have never slept all the way through the night. My self esteem is highly affected and exercise is nearly impossible with the sweat pouring and irritating the wounds. Sometimes, just getting out of bed, walking, or taking a shower is enough to send me to tears. Dupixent has given me a new life. It has given me life back. I now know what all eczema took from me and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to be on this medication."

Nicole (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have had AD for at least 67 years of my 70 years on this earth. My life as a child was hell because of weeping medicated baths and teasing by other children. My adult life has also been equally affected by the use of corticosteroids on my skin, which is now permanently affected due to chronic steroids. When my new dermatologist brought up dupixent about six months ago I was skeptical and scared. I started March 22. I STOPPED itching in 24 hours. It has been a MIRACLE. Scratching is now due to habit but not itching. My skin has lost redness. I am glad about my success but sad when I read about my fellow AD's who continue to suffer despite dupixent"

Pinkas (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I love Dupixent! Before I started injections I was beyond miserable. If there’s a worse word for it... I’ve been using Dupixent since January 17, 2018 and within the first day of taking it I noticed a drastic change. The itch started to cease quickly and all of my eczema patches started to dry up and peel off. After about a month, many of my active spots healed. The hyperpigmentation on my face, hands and legs have lightened up. My derm said hyperpig can take a year to go away. I’m fine with that because I never thought I’d be able to look myself I’m the mirror and not cry. I rejoice quite often because I have a normal life again. I can cook, clean and go to work consistently without having to book an appointment. I do keep breaking out around my eyes, the temple of my head and neck but it’s not nearly as bad as it was 4 months ago. My eyes itch really bad sometimes but my doctor gave me something for them. I’ll take itchy eyes over a complete body of hives anyway!"

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I’ve been suffering from eczema my entire life. In the past few years I’ve had major break outs, really major. You know, the ones when you can’t sleep, stop scratching, and you’re covered in sores. Nothing works, not even rounds and rounds of prednisone where the only thing you get are horrible side effects. Ugh! No fun. I’ve taken Dupixent 5 times so far, one being the initial dose of 2 units and the other 3 self-administered and it’s been a miracle for me. I also suffer from hideous asthma (of course) and my side effect from Dupixent has been NO asthma episodes! Already! I feel like I’d imagine a normal person feels. I CAN BREATHE AND DO THINGS! And I’m not dying of asthma attacks all the time. I’d LOVE to kiss the manufacturer AND work for the company as a spokesperson. There aren’t enough stars to rate Dupixent as high as I want to. It really is magical unicorn fairy dust!!"

Zia P. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Have been using this for the past 3 months now and I am a bit disappointed as I am not feeling as good as when I was on cyclosporine. After a few doses, my dermatitis was out of control and everywhere in places I never had dermatitis before. I had to stop my allergy shots since I was feeling that my immune system was too much affected all at once. Now it is after 6 doses and it is just starting to calm down. But again, I am not seeing any positive results like when I was on Cyclosporine. Does anyone have the same feeling? results? I am really looking to stop it and get back on cyclosporine. Any comments?"

Carcode (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I am a atopic dermatitis/ eczema patient for 54 years. I have used every steroid and antibiotic ointment and pills. I have been on Otezla, Cellcept, taken tar-baths and bleach baths. Extremely itchy skin. My face, neck, and arms were heavily effected. When I had a flare I wouldn’t go out. My Dermatoligist started me on Dupixent and it has been life changing for me. I can finally sleep Itch free. I am 80% clear but still having some issues with my face and neck at times. I could use the next shot a couple days before it due because I start to flare. The side effects I have experienced have been eyes weeping, herpes/staph infection from time to time. To combat those I take bleach baths and I wash my face with an antibacterial soap. When I get out of the shower/tub I put liquid coconut oil all over even my face. I would recommend Dupixent to anyone who has experiences with that Incessant itching and rashing eczema/ contact dermatitis presents."

Lor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I started dupixent mid February and by March my hair started falling out. I have always had thick curly hair and now my hair is so thin. I only took 4 shots and had to stop because of so much hair loss. Every time I wash my hair it’s falls out in clumps. My doctor says I have to wait until the drug is completely out of my system but I've been off for 3 weeks and my hair continues to fall out. I feel like suing the drUg company because there is no way they did not know this was a side effect. I wish I never started this drug. I’ve had eczema my whole life but the last couple of years have been the worst I’ve had it. It was taking over my life. My whole body and face was covered with oozing crusty eczema and had to call out of work for days . I was so depressed . I don’t want to go bald . I hope my hair stops falling out soon. Has anyone else experienced hair loss if so how long and has it grown back?"

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "Another disappointment as I was told today to go off this medicine. Definitely saw great things happening to my skin until my eyes went crazy crusting tearing swelling and flaking. I pray they can correct this side effect of the medicine."

Jo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I've had severe eczema my whole (29 years old) & nothing seemed to work except prednisone. However, there are many long term effects of prednisone. So I decided to look for an alternative. When I learned about Dupixent from my dermatologist, I was extremely eager to try it. After my first shot, I noticed that it took about a week to start taking effect. Now I'm about 4 months in and about 80% clear. I still get the occasional flare ups but it could be much worse. The other 20% may not be visually appealing but at least I'm not in severe pain so I'll take that as a win. All in all, Dupixent is amazing and hope that it can take me to 100%."

Killmonger (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Atopic Dermatitis: "This drug has changed my life. I seriously could kiss the manufacturer. I have had terrible outbreaks on my hands for 5+ years. The past year has been the worst. What was once on my hands turned in to my entire body with the exception of my face. I’ve lost at least 50% of my hair in the midst of an outbreak that lasted a year. I’m on my 3rd dermatologist (the 1st and 2nd one never did a skin biopsy and had different diagnosis). Please INSIST on a skin biopsy. The 3rd dermatologist did a biopsy and put me on dupixent (after injections of Humira which was prescribed by derm #2 and made my skin worse). Dupixent has been life changing. I haven’t had an outbreak at all after 3 injections. I’m happy, not depressed, not itchy and not a hermit. This drug has been a god send. After so many years of not knowing and trying to manage this, it’s finally under control"

Audasc (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I was misdiagnosed with psoriasis at first and was put on several biologics that of course didn't work then, the right Dr and Dupixent and my hands and feet, where the eczema had been for years, is now gone!! I am so happy! I started Dupixent on Nov 18, 2017 and just came back from the a Caribbean where I was able to walk in the sand and ocean!! Thx for a medication that finally works for eczema!"

Julie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I started Dupixent October 2017 after not sleeping, bleeding, having infections and being on all kinds of steroids, creams, and antibiotics. It has changed my life! I've had eczema my whole life, 34 years, and as I aged it kept getting worse and while pregnant with my son my skin was just peeling off. Now 5 months in Dupixent I'm 95% clear but the 1-2 days before an injection are brutal, I flare up something fierce, especially on my face. Then it's takes about 2 days after the injection to clear up. 24 days out of a 28 day cycle isn't bad at all but I'd love it to be better. I'll stick with this for sure!"

Sk18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I have been on Dupixent for a month now and I have to say my life is anew. I suffered so badly from eczema (for all of my 48 years) on my feet that I couldn’t walk for 4 months out of the year. The eczema on my hands made it so I couldn’t button my childrens’ sweaters or wash dishes. Dermatologists and allergists were no help at all. They just plied me with Triamcinolone and Prednisone, to no avail. Patch testing was a wash. After taking the loading dose, I saw an immediate difference in how itchy I was - not one fire ant remained. It is amazing to not feel something that has been part of your existence for decades. My skin has been healing for the last month: smoothing out; losing the thickness of over-steroid ointment usage; losing the red, angry inflammation; peeling like I’ve had a slight sunburn. This drug has been a God-send to me."

JoJo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "Amazing. I’m 4 injections in and I have virtually no itching and my skin is clear. I don’t want to say it’s a miracle drug, but when you’ve had eczema over your entire body for years and finally get a treatment that works, it’s definitely a miracle drug."

Kim (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I've been using Dupixent for almost 8 months now and am 95% clear. I have minor itching that comes and goes on my chin and back of my ears but my body and face are clear. I can finally fall asleep and sleep through the night without itching. I did have some itching in my eyes but my eye doctor prescribed eye drops (Alrex) and after a few months my eyes no longer itch. I've have eczema all my life and at 48 am finally living a better quality of life thanks to dupixent! No more steroid creams, prednisone and UV light therapy sessions. Wish this was available sooner but better now than never!"

Sassymom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "Saw results within the first month taking it , no more itchy, flaky, and dry skin ."

Yatta (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "After having gone through every cream, ointment and purchasing a personal light box, I can officially say Dupixent has changed my life. I am a 61 year old female that has suffered, yes suffers, for 7 years with this horrible skin irritation. I have a beach house which became my refuge because of the breakouts on hand and legs whew embarrassing. I wouldn't go on beach in a swimsuit. I have just taken my 10th injection (I take every other Wednesday) and I have one spot, the size of a quarter on the back of my arm. I went through total body but thankfully never on my face. After the 5th injection I knew it was working. It only got better and now 'I AM FREE'! Don't give up! It may take shorter for some, longer for others but this had changed my life! Thank you Dr E for recommending this and thank you insurance for paying. Otherwise, I would still be sleeping less than 3 hours per night, no more bloody arms, legs, chest,etc and crying!"

Brownie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

Dupixent (dupilumab) for Eczema: "I am 46 years old and about two and a half years ago, I got eczema from head to toe. I had never had it before and still don't know what caused it. It was so bad that I scratched my way into the hospital twice with infections. Once for a week, the second time the infection set in a bone in my shoulder. Had to be in a nursing home to receive IV antibiotics for 6 weeks after having surgery to remove a piece of my collar bone. I started Dupixent almost a month ago. I am not sure if it is working because while in the nursing home, I re-started a steroid ointment. The ointment gave me some relief. I can say that I am not itching as much and my skin is looking better. Injection burns on thigh. Hoping I will have a better review in a month."

SonTin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2018