User Reviews for Flovent

Flovent has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 27 ratings on Drugs.com. 44% of those users who reviewed Flovent reported a positive effect, while 28% reported a negative effect.

Asthma, Maintenance
6.5
Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
Summary of Flovent reviews 6.3 27 reviews

Reviews for Flovent

jimjobson · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Satisfactory daily use and relief.”

mommadukes0813 · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Immediately after taking Flovent I felt like s 800lb person was sitting on my stomach. Was very hard to breath for about 4 hours at least. Only took the first one & only dose. Never again.”

Clementine · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 27, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Flovent has made my asthma almost non existent and I have few side effects - love it.”

ME · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Recovering from bronchitis then pneumonia & after 2 courses of antibiotics, 2 courses of oral prednisone, Dr put me on a 4 week course of Flovent. Instructions were: 2 puffs, twice a day for 2 weeks; then 1 puff, twice a day for 2 weeks,. After being on it 3 weeks, I suddenly noticed that I'd lost my sense of smell Completely. I've also lost my sense of taste. I've learned this is a common side effect & that it may take up to a year for sense of smell to return or it could become a permanent loss. I discontinued the Flovent immediately. I'm unable to find any info on a possible remedy. I'm now using a Neti Pot daily. After a week off Flovent with no improvement, I'm afraid that my sense of smell may never return. I never noticed improvement in my asthma symptoms while using the Flovent. In fact, wheezing & shortness of breath were worse while using it. I get better results using nebulizer. I cannot recommend Flovent & will be reporting my experience to the FDA.”

Schoe18 April 12, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I have been taking Flovent off and on for the past 15 years. My asthma wasn’t close to be under control until I started taking Flovent. It’s basically like I do not have asthma when using this prescription. Sometimes when I get lazy and don’t pick it up or call it in I can tell within a month because are start taking the Albuterhol again. I haven’t noticed any side affects at all.”

Nmg September 27, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I was on Flovent for almost 2 months. It was not helping me it was making me worse. I had an extremely bad burning pain in my chest and throat. The burning became so bad and my breathing was becoming worse. I discontinued it on my own and now all of my symptoms have subsided. I am breathing better and no more burning. ”

fallen1171 · Taken for 10 years or more June 11, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This drug is a corticosteroid so the ill effects you all had were due to that. I've had prednisone many years which has the same side effects. All of the " rare" things happen. Big pharma definitely likes to mislabel. My adrenal systwm was destroyed. I've done a long taper but will be stuck on the drug until the end. They just added flovent to the mix. I doubt I'll use it long, especially after reading these reviews and knowing the long term effects that happen. In short time ( 3 mo started hard for me) .. good luck to those on corticosteroids in all, forms..listen to your instincts, not always your docs..”

Steveso · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I was prescribed this medication for asthma and sinus conditions where all my airways were inflamed, and I had sinus pressure and severe shortness of breath. I was given the inhaler with the nasal adapter to spray into my nostrils. After only a few days my shortness of breath worsened and my sinus pressure is unbearable, along with extreme dizziness. I wish I had never taken this medication and hope I can improve after it wears off. Think twice before using it.”

Breatheasy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 19, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Finally I can sleep and my wife can breathe! Before Flovent my wife used her rescue inhaler at least twice nightly and coughed and wheezed all night. After Flovent, virtually none of that. I love it. She has no side effects that she has noticed. Fortunately insurance covers it, as it is $300 for 2 months here. When she ran out in Canada the same dose was $35 with no insurance!”

J. J. · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This medication has been a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, my asthma symptoms are all but gone after being on this drug for a week. On the other hand, it's made me feel tired all day yet unable to sleep at night. I've also noticed that I've been angry and otherwise unhappy more frequently since starting this drug. I'm going to give it one more week to see if the side effects become more manageable.”

RayRay lee July 13, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I have been using Flovent for about 4 months, ran out of of it and didn't bother to refill it till my asthma started flaring up again. On the first day of use I started feeling a whole lot better! I usually wake up with wheezing, coughing, short of breath and some phlegm but since I've been reusing this medicine, it has helped with all those awful symptoms. No side effects for me except very slight dizziness but all the worth of not feeling like complete crap!”

Drew January 5, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Florent helped me with my symptoms for the first two weeks. After continuing use for a period of a month, I started have weird burning sensation in my chest, sore throat all the time followed by dizziness and inflammation of the throat. I have stopped using on my own for three days now and my symptoms are not back but I no longer get dizzy or a sore throat”

Sucks to your as-mar · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I had a similar experience to some of the other posters. Sore throat, hoarseness..coughing up green phlegm. Doc told me to discontinue for now. It does seem that I’ve used my rescue inhaler less since but not sure if it’s worth the side effects”

X_N_Tric · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 3, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “It works as quickly as most steroids I have used, but it starts to causes oral thrush after a few days even though I gargle, rinse my mouth and brush my teeth and tongue after each of the twice a day uses. My doctor added a aerochamber spacer to help with this problem, but the thrush returns after approximately ten days instead of three. At that time I have to start using Nystatin oral rinse to kill the thrush. I wish there were a better way!”

IMLET · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 29, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Gets you over the hump in regard to asthma flare ups, and have had fewer Emergency Room episodes since getting this. Taking it everyday is another story - it causes chestpain after about the 3rd consecutive day of use. So I generally stop using after a couple days, and then if symptoms still persist will start up again after a day or two break from the drug. When asthma is back under control I dont take the drug at all.”

GrammaWendy March 10, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I cannot tolerate the full adult dose of 2 puffs twice daily. I get joint pain, exzema breakouts, heartburn/sour stomach and irritable/easily frustrated/impatient, (even angry at times) more than necessary. The dose I can tolerate, somewhat, (1 puff twice/daily) is not really effective every day, with every set of triggers, such as catching a cold, or doing yardwork.”

James · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 7, 2021

For Asthma, Maintenance: “When it actually comes out of the inhaler it is a decent product. The problem is it is clogged and requires cleaning 2/3 of the time. Wish my insurance still covered Asmanex a product that works and dispenses every time.”

Blondie800 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Horrible! My son had the worst behavioral issues from it. The meds seemed to work ok on his asthma prevention but he was aggressive and violent. We switched him back to Alvesco and within a week he was back to normal.”

Kp · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 12, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I agree with several others, Flovent was fast at managing my allergy/exercise induced asthma. Seriously within a day or two I have decreased albuterol usage and the third day, I was symptom free. I did not specifically notice joint pain related to this medication but I do experience some pain at times in hands...I attributed that to getting older. I do however notice a dreaded 5 lbs weight gain each time I am on it that quickly subsides when it's my off season.”

Mahchem · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I was wheezing with a constant cough. Asthma brought on by cold weather, exercise, or allergic situations. This all left after one week of use. No apparent side effects.”

MarineJim · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 3, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I just found out have mild Asthma and my Doctor put me on Flovent hfa 110. Been using now for about 1 month and breathe much better plus sleeping a whole lot better too”

Anonymous April 27, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Helped me breathe the first day of use, with no side effects.”

HP · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: “It works great. I was using the rescue inhaler daily. No more lol...it's great I've sympathize with the people that are having side effects I have had none”

Tanner · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2019

“I have COPD. This should not of been prescribed to me. It was awful. The powdered never went down it sprayed all inside my mouth, made my IBS flare. Was throwing up all three days I used it.”

Anonymous December 2, 2009

For Asthma, Maintenance: “This helped me breathe on the first day as well. Quite a wonder really.”

HoundDog · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 22, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Works well for me although it has caused oral thrush at times even after rinsing my mouth after taken.”

Dude February 17, 2020

For Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia: “Been using Flovent for a week and have had a terrible experience. Extremely short of breath in the morning. I'll discontinue this. It's not for me. Ventolin works much better.”

Spruce · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 1, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Works great as a rescue inhaler. Fast acting. Inexpensive”