User Reviews for Entocort EC

Inflammatory Bowel Disease 7.4
Summary of Entocort EC reviews 7.8 22 reviews

Reviews for Entocort EC

Sally1289 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2020

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “Ihave Microscopic colitis and was prescribed 9mg for 30 days, 6mg for 30 days , 3mg for 30 days. I took this for 30 days with no relief, was also taking immodium and cholestrymine, still with no relief. Got prescribed lotolil 2 pills up to 4 times a day, still no relief. so unfortunately it has not worked for me.”

Mr News · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2019

For Crohn's Disease: “Took Entocort as initial treatment for Crohn's in terminal ileum in 2004. I was only on it 3 months (tapering 9mg to 6mg to 3mg), and it worked well. Then, I was on Pentasa for 11 years, tapering slowly to zero. Crohn's symptoms came back wicked in Jan 2018, lost 43 lbs, and now have a 15cm stricture. Took Entocort again, for 7 months this time (2 mos @ 9mg, 2 mos @ 6mg, 3 mos @ 3mg), and again, it helped get the worst symptoms under control. Now living with the stricture, on 1gm of Pentasa daily. I'd say Entocort worked well for me, with minimal side effects. Some emotional lability, but that could be from any chronic illness. It's a useful drug for symptomatic treatment of mild-moderate Crohn's, and much safer than prednisone. I would be comfortable using a minimal dosage (3mg daily) for long-term maintenance, with calcium supplementation and periodic bone-density scans.”

Bun · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2018

For Crohn's Disease: “Entocort did nothing for me. No side effects, but no help at all. Really the most pointless pill I have ever taken.”

Kimmer · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 15, 2018

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “I have been on it for 8 years. Have tried to wean off but always start to have Crohn’s symptoms again. I still have flares periodically on the medication but they are minimal. Happy it works for me.”

phillycarole · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2017

For Crohn's Disease: “Budesonide helped well with my flare, but on the 3rd day I developed breathing issues, The 4th day is terrible and I am going to stop taking it because I have COPD and heart issues. Unfortunately I have similar problems with prednisone. I've had Crohn's Disease for 50 years.”

REALLIFEPHARMACIST October 22, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “Been on it for 7 years. Works well for me, but I should find a better long term solution. Almost no flare ups. Minimal side effects since it's only a locally absorbed steroid.”

Dreaminventor · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2015

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “Did not work. Severe psychological and physical side effects requiring hospitalization.”

SherylR · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2014

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “Microscopic Colitis: I have already given a review on this medication but I wanted to add important information. The one thing I found is the generic Budesonide (bright pink capsule) does not work well as the brand Entocort EC. (gray and pink) I take whatever the pharmacy has available. This last refill was generic and while on it, all my symptoms returned. Saw my gastro and told him about it and he said he had one other patient that stated generic didn't work for them. He prescribed brand only and it works like a charm. If you find you aren't doing well on the generic, ask for brand. See if it makes a difference. It did for me.”

ladq January 12, 2014

For Crohn's Disease: “Stopped my Crohn's Disease flare up very quickly and rather effectively.”

Sherylro December 5, 2013

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I was prescribed this for Collagenous (microscopic) Colitis and it worked immediately with the first dose. I take three 3mg capsules at once in the morning. I've been on it for 15 months straight with no side effects but I do have to have a bone density scan once a year. I have tried weaning off the medicine but my symptoms return so looks like I'm on this for life. Entocort is my miracle. It helps me live a normal life.”

Anonymous December 1, 2011

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “This medicine changed my life. I have taken it for 2yrs, but now have no health insurance and can't afford it. I have severe cramping and constant diarrhea. Food is repulsive to me and am losing weight like crazy. I sure do miss it.”

Anonymous August 17, 2011

For Crohn's Disease: “I've had Crohn's disease for 47 years. Entocort works great for calming acute symptoms in just a few days. I'm able to live a normal, pain free life with it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.”

Anonymous July 17, 2011

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I've been taking Entocort for almost 3 months now. My symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease are almost non existent. However since taking this medicine (almost from the beginning) I now have psoriasis all over my body, including pustular psoriasis on my hands and feet, which is very painful. I believe this medicine is causing the psoriasis, I've never had this condition before.”

humbled September 21, 2010

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: “This medication worked great the first time I was diagnosed with Crohn's. No side effects that I noticed and started working very quickly. Several months later I had another flare and tried it again and it did not work for me. It was certainly worth a try to avoid the harmful side effects of other medications. I took this medicine along with Pentasa, which I use every day and still like.”

Anonymous September 12, 2010

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: “VERY good medication! I had uncontrolled Crohn's for many years (no medicine would work for me). My gastroenterologist decided to try this one and it was a life saver. I couldn't go out before (even for groceries!). It didn't take very long to get the full effects from it and though the cost is higher than with the other medicines, I am more than willing to pay it to get my life back. I could only get relief from prednisone before this medicine came along, but had terrible side effects from it. Highly recommended for anyone looking for some relief for Crohn's. Good luck to all with this debilitating disease.”

Anonymous May 26, 2010

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “I have had no problems with it and when I go off it I get a Crohn's relapse. It's worth the expense to have my health.”

teachergirl April 10, 2010

For Crohn's Disease: “Entocort is used as a bridge therapy to settle severe flares. It brings almost complete relief within 2-3 days but it's just temporary as you can't stay on this drug for long periods of time.”

merocks March 31, 2010

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I have been suffering with severe diarrhea due to Lymphocytic Colitis for 2 years. Have taken many different prescriptions for it with no help. Entocort was prescribed to me 10 days ago and I feel terrific! The diarrhea and cramping has stopped. I really feel great. For the first 4 days I did have a moderate headache, but that has gone. The only side effect I have now is some mild ache on my face. For me, Entocort has given me my life back.”

phe3 March 1, 2010

For Eosinophilic Esophagitis: “Entocort has been good to me and my Eosinophilic Esophagitis problem. It's not as effective as Prednisone, but WAY easier to handle. I could usually last 3 to 4 weeks off of Prednisone. I can only go about a week without Entocort. My side effects have been occasional dizziness, occasional indigestion / heartburn, and sometimes just feeling tired. After several years of Prednisone, this is still much better and easier to handle. I take one 3mg pill (3 times a day) and break it apart and pour it into my mouth and try to let the individual bits of medicine stay in my throat as long as I can. I've been doing well with this and I am happy with the results.”

Anonymous November 22, 2009

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “It gave me profuse sweating, minimal weight gain. I had nausea, elevated liver enzymes and elevated cholesterol during the 8 week course for acute disease.”

10yearsofIBS September 22, 2009

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “Reidcaro - Be careful. Less than 2 weeks time is not enough time to judge the results. Don't expect a cure of IBD. Look at yourself as managing it. Realizing this at the start may avoid a let down each time you change medicines.”

Anonymous September 15, 2009

For Eosinophilic Esophagitis: “I have an unexplained food allergy that causes my esophagus (only esophagus) to close up completely with food in it. Cannot swallow saliva, as it builds up and makes me gag and choke as it goes down my windpipe when it builds up high enough. I was instructed to take 9mg (3, 3mg capsules) by removing the pellets from the capsules and eating them without water so they touch my esophagus directly. No side effects that I notice and it makes me able to eat. A God send - a must have for me. ”

reidcaro June 21, 2009

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I have only been taking this medicine for a week, I am being treated for inflammatory bowel disease and nothing else has worked. So far I think I am on the way to being cured. I am keeping my fingers crossed. After two weeks I have to report back to my physician as to my experience with this medicine.”

bobnp May 20, 2009

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: “This has been a miracle medication for me. The cost is a bit high, but the benefits out way the cost. I receive the same benefits as I do from Prednisone, however, with none of the side effects. It works very fast for me. I really think people who have to use prednisone should reconsider and try this medication for moderate flairs. I have had Crohn's disease for 33 years, this is the only medication (except prednisone) that has worked ever so well. ”