User Reviews for Infliximab

Also known as: Inflectra, Remicade, Renflexis

Learn more about Infliximab.

Spondyloarthritis 1 reviews 65 medications

Crohn's Disease 9 reviews 69 medications

6.2
Summary of Infliximab reviews 131 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Infliximab

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with Systemic Sarcoidosis. After a year and 1/2 of trying different medications with no relief, I started Remicade. The first two Infusions got rid of the flu like symptoms and the horrible aching pain throughout my body. The third Infusion got rid of the same symptoms, except I do feel knee and back pain still due to damage done to those areas from arthritis. I felt the back and knee pain after the first two Infusions too. I didn't realize how sick I was until I felt better. The last time I didn't feel like I had the flu all the time, was 32 years ago! I thank God for Remicade! It's a miracle drug. I have absolutely zero side effects too! I give it a 20 on a scale of 1 to 10!"

Elibethlizeliza May 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Like some RA people, diagnosed easily back in 1990. Genetically "gifted" it from maternal side. Having tried all the old first line drugs w/o success I started on second line of meds including Enbrel. It was great for 6 months. Then it stopped. Remicade was started & after one infusion I had a horrible reaction: Serum Sickness" . Paralyzed for 3 days, severe allodynia (pain all over). Would never take this drug. It was the mouse protein in Remicade that I reacted to. Wish you all well!"

GramaJ April 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: "I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at 22 years. For decades I was bounced from one specialist to another and my diagnosis would be rejected and Crohns would be the alternate favourite. Currently Crohns is the diagnosis. First prednisone (I was overdosed and had a nasty reaction, it was decreased as fast as possible), 5asa (3 years with moderate benefits), Flagyl (caused extreme gastro pain and discontinued immediately) Pentasa (it worked for about 2 decades), Humira (1 year) Remicaid has not been effective. I will have the third infusion in a week but I have been declining steadily. Soon I will be in the hospital again. Is there anything left to try?"

123Shan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed w/ severe RA in 2009 by my general practitioner who discovered it through a blood test, which is not always common. Well, after being on MTX 8pills/a wk. (for 8 yrs) and Arava daily I have also been on Enbrel, Humira, Actemra, Orencia & Zeljanz one worked most didn't. I finally just started Remicade infusion on 2/16/17. The first day I slept 20 hrs. a few days later no change then yesterday ~The Miracle Day~ not one single pain, no flare ups 100% pain free! OMG I was so happy I cried! Today not so good as yesterday but I'm very hopeful! Good Luck to the rest of you all!!!"

SusanM99 February 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Just had 3rd remicade infusion, can't believe all I'm able to do. Due to some joint damage in knees and hips, not totally free of pain. Best I've felt in years. Severely reduced prednisone after 3 years, plan to stop. Diagnosed in 2013, but have had symptoms off and on for 25 Years. Little to no improvement with humira, enbrel, orencia, Actemra,plaquenil,methotrexate made me sick, xeljanz,sulfasalazine. Vitamins, no sugar, wheat or milk helped me also. Joint pain and swelling nearly gone. Praying it lasts, thanking God."

Lanagirl February 18, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Diagnosed in 2003 with ulcerative colitis. Started Remicade in 2010. Helped my symptoms but developed Discoid Lupus in 2015. Doctor thinks it was brought on by the Remicade. Stopped Remicade and now taking Entyvio for colitis and plaquenil for the lupus."

Linda Jr. (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "I was on remicade for nearly 5 years. it was working great for me up until last October when I started developing sinus infections. I am in remission but yet I still can't work - my life isn't normal anymore time to switch it up"

izzypoops February 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "After losing a substantial amount of weight and blood, in the hospital for a week two transfusioins. diagnosed as Pan Colitis / Ulcerative Colitis. 60 mg Prednizone and the bleeding stopped at day 5. I returned home and was pressured by my GI to accept Remicade. I was skeptical but sold myself on the fact of the huge numbers of folks it helps. After two succesfull infusions I was set up for my third of which I expereinced an allergic reaction in this order, itchy palms , itchy feet , itchy everywhere, needed bowel movement , almost fainting , fever, chills and tightening of throat. Once home extreme right leg pain, hand joint pain, loss of hair. (Serum sickness) now on Balsalazide , cautious diet and cannabis nightly & 6 months no issues"

53CEO (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with RA in 2004 and began steroids and methotrexate. Next started Enbrel for approximately 8 months but the citric acid in the Enbrel was unbarable. Then I began Remicade Infusions. I started out nine years ago every 6 weeks. I'm now on 700 mg every four weeks and weekly injections of Methotrexate but wouldn't change a thing. I still have stiffness here or there but the fatigue and pain I use to experience are gone and I live a full and happy life. It's been such a Blessing to me."

Nickie S January 7, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I was on Infliximab infusions for 4 years, and have only stopped them as of last week. I was diagnosed when I was 14 with severe ulcerative colitis which seemed to only respond to infliximab. For 4 years it was extremely effective in keeping my UC at bay, however the effects of the immunosuppressive were quite severe. This year I have gotten what feels like every infection under the sun. For 2 years I was begging my doctors to take me off the infliximab because I was constantly battling some pathogen and on ridiculous amounts of antibiotics. The constant infection was far worse to deal with than my UC. Thankfully I've been taken off it as in the past 4 months I've been hospitalised twice with menengitis as severe pharyngitis"

maddisonlee December 6, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Severe UC flare hospitalized, prednisone intravenous didn't do anything. Remicade infusions every 4 weeks to start, now every 8. It worked within one week and after about one year I was in complete remission with no sign of UC on my colonoscopy! The IV is okay, very expensive, but you can go to the Remicade website for help paying deductibles no matter what your financial situation is. I wish my dr told me that before I spent $10,000 in deductible and copay this year! I guess it was worth it all around."

ColK November 8, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "When I started Remicade I felt amazing very quickly and even decided that I was able to start living my life again. Unfortunately for me and my new boyfriend all the Remicade was really doing was masking my symptoms my Crohn's was very much still active as I found out on my 25th birthday when I was admitted to the hospital and then sent to a more qualified hospital as I live in a small town. I was in hospital for almost 2 months at this point trying various ways to try and get my Crohn's under control to no avail. I ended up having my second surgery at that point and less than a year later having my third surgery. Remicade just wasn't worth the $4000 per infusion in the end for me."

RachelV86 October 26, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "Worst drug!!Save yourself by not trying this poison. Had serious lung injury."

Kavkeet Kaur randhawa September 25, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "I was diagnosed in 2013 with ibs.. Then 2014 ibd....now Feb2016 with crohn's...tried a lot of meds nothing worked went to remicaid well it has been working but never lasts that long... By 5-6 wks I'm starting to flare... This time after load in doses they used me to 7.5 and that worked I got 6 wks out of it instead of 4 wks.... But this time it's bad started flare of belly 4 days ago... And now I can't barely move feels like I've been hit by a truck... All my joints hurt so bad ...this is awful.. Hoping to get an infusion. ... But I read all the same issues...."

Anonymous September 6, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "I first had symptoms when I was 17 yrs old. Was not diagnosed until I was 25 during an exploratory surgery to find out what was wrong with me. I am now 67, have had three surgeries, 2 for blockages and a variety of meds.. This last surgery did not go well and my crohn's became worse. The doctor recommended I go on Remicade. Have had three treatments with no improvement, extremely exhausted. During my treatments I developed chest pains, had an angiogram, everything fine. Then became very short of breath, fever and got water on the heart from the procedure. Will be discussing this with the doctor and requesting I stop the treatments. I have not had a rewarding experience with Remicade. Not sure what my options are going forward."

J Yoder August 20, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "I have perianal problem whit my crohn's...Remicade help me lot I have less diarhea...But...I'm very tired all the time...I have sinus infections every 6 weeks...Eye infections..and urine infection. I don't know if I want to continue...My crohn's is better but I'm sick all the time "

colty34 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Remicade has been a miracle for me. Last year this time I was totally desperate and thinking of get rid of my colon due to severe UC. Now, I am totally healthy and no sign of UC!!! If u r suffering from UC, give it a try without any doubt. Thanks to science and researchers. Of course, it takes couple of months to feel the full effect of it, but as soon as I got the first infusion I felt its positive effect. Its combination with Azathioprine works much better."

FeriSweden July 12, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "My 14 yo had her first Remicade infusion a 10 days ago. After 8 days she had severe serum sickness. Her fever shot up to 106 and her blood pressure was really low. She spent 24 hrs in the PICU. It was very scared. Needless to say, she won't be able to take it again. We are hoping there will be no lasting effects but only time will tell. Her symptoms of serum sickness were: fever, chills, severe joint pain, hives all over, swollen hands, red eyes, and dry mouth."

Serum Sickness occurred (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "only few words please check your TB TEST FOR MORE THAN TWO OR THREE TIMES SPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY ON MEDS LIKE PREDNISONE AND IMURAN ....DONT PUT YOUR LIFE ON RISK ..........I AM SUFFERING A LOT BECAUSE OF THE USE OF THIS MEDICINE.....REMICADE....MY PERSONAL SOCIAL AND FINANCIAL LIFE IS DESTROYED ......SORRY IF I AM GETTING EMOTIONAL ......IT IS TRUE WHATEVER HAPPENED WITH ME .........I WISH THAT I WOULD HAVE NEVER USED THIS MEDICINE......."

BILLAY (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Spondyloarthritis: "Saved my Life. I went from level 10 pain daily to almost no pain after the first infusion. I cry when I talk about how this medication as given me a whole new lease on life. It has literally saved my life. My pain was so bad in my wrists that I couldn't do anything anymore. I was seriously thinking about suicide or just cutting my hands off. I'm saved and I thank Remicade for it."

ZachEatonPHX July 7, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease: "I've had CD for 15 years, with the most part of that being uneventful. However, the last three years have been rough, with the last six months even worse. Having tried and not got on with Azathiaporine and Mercaptopurine I was forced down the road of anti-TNF treatment by infusion. Of course in the UK, unless you have private healthcare, the NHS will always try the cheaper options first, but the side effects were too severe for me to continue. Within 2 days of having the Infliximab my symptoms improved, now, as I'm just about to have my third infusion, my symptoms have improved to the point that I've almost forgotten about my Crohns. I genuinely thought this was a make or break medicine and I'm so happy with the result."

DaiBen (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Remicade just isn't working for me or not yet. When I did my 1 and 2 infusions I could tell a difference. I had my 3 on and have to wait 8 weeks. After 3 weeks I had a flare up and I am in week 6 and I still feel awful. Maybe I need them more frequently or a higher dose. I am feeling so darn frustrated. I was hoping for a miracle drug to make me feel better and so far it's not. I read how it helps everyone but I want that for me too! Can't wait to see my dr so we can get ask up and the pain"

Not my miracle yet May 16, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "My younger brother was on remicade for 10 years , and yes it helped him with the uc but he just passed away from cancer and liver failure at 27 years old most likely from the years of remicade. So I am leaving the warning to be careful and think that this is just some miracle drug. Everything has consequences"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 13, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Remicade (infliximab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "When my daughter was 13, she had a sudden and severe onset of UC. She was hospitalized for 2 weeks (had constant pain, couldn't eat, and was going to the bathroom 15-20x/ day). She was given IV steroids/medications with no improvement of symptoms. The day after receiving remicade, her pain was gone and she wanted to eat. She went into complete remission and has had no symptoms for the last 4 years. She does remicade infusions every 10 weeks. It has been her wonder drug! But my other dtr was diagnosed with crohns a year later at 11. Her onset was slower and she was put on various medications first. Remicade worked for her for several months but then became less effective even with increasing dose and frequency so she was switched to humi"

Eaimom (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease: "After an infrequent 5yearly flareup of crohn's I was given infliximab intraven. for several weeks. Apparently unconnected I experienced increasing short breath which got worse and was put down to possible heart probs. Investigations were extrememely slow and I just got worse. Following almost collapse it the street I was taken to hosp and my blood oxygen levels were at 75 which is I believe extremely low and my heart was on point of collapse. Following days of being on oxygen and then a lung 'washout' under general anaesthetic and more oxygen in the intensive care dept I made a rapid recovery. Apparently I was lucky?? I was eventually told I had suffered 'acute lung damage' ie the cells that absorb oxygen. most likely from the infliximab."

Britkev (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016