User Reviews for Infliximab

Also known as: Inflectra, Remicade, Renflexis

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Infliximab.

Spondyloarthritis

Sjogren's Syndrome

1 review 5 medications
Summary of Infliximab reviews 8.0 142 reviews

Reviews for Infliximab

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "I was on remicade for about 4 plus years maybe 5. This medicine does a number on your immune system. When I started taking the medicine there were no warnings like there is now. But basically felt great. I live in Midwest played hockey get with this stuff. The problem was I travelled West to Nevada and got Valley Fever. Well had surgery about 4 months after being in Nevada and Midwest doctors had to idea. Well come to say I had intestine removed to remove narrowing but was unable to take Valley Fever pills and pills to stop Crohn's from coming. But valley fever would kill me as Crohns would just be pain. So long story short don't go or live in fungical areas and take this unless you don't value your life and that will take you down."

Bob E M October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "I was on Remicade for five years and the Crohn's Disease went into remission BUT it did a number on my immune system. I got staph infection and eventually a septic hip. Had to have hip surgery which consisted of a spacer for 6 months as well as medication through a pic line. In hospital for three and a 1/2 months and nearly another 3 months at home before I was in condition to have a hip replacement. I also have kidney disease which is partly due to medications I took while fighting Crohn's disease. Just waiting to die and get these diseases over with. Really consider the side effects of Remicade - septic hip was not mentioned."

Don't have one October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I had my first infusion of Remicade last week. I have been unbelievably sleepy for the last 4 days. I have read that this is a side effect but I am kind of surprised by the level of sleepy that I am experiencing. I hope that this is just me catching up on my sleep as I have not been sleeping well due to pain for sometime. I do like the infusion so much better than the self-injected Humira. I hated that needle and found myself putting off my injection for a couple of days or "forgetting" that I was supposed to get it. Hoping for good results with Remicade."

Shuleran (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was on enbrel for nearly 9 years before it stopped working and humira didn't work at all for me. I started remicade nearly 4 years ago, my Dr started me out getting an infusion every 8 weeks and over the first year he brought it down to every 4 weeks. It's been working great but after the first 2 years my knees started bothering me but after some injection at my orthopedist they have been under control. Now both my elbows are really bothering me, at first it was when I woke up but now it's 24-7. I go in for my next infusion next week and will talk to my rheumatologist about the pain. I was curious to see if anyone else has had knee or elbow pain after being on remicade"

Welcho (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "Who is responsible for the Patient who got very ill after using Remicade for Crohn's ?? I know have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus with fungal infection, which I will have the rest of my life. I had to retire early from work, On Disability. My quality of life is not so good...I have tried but Jannsen Pharma Company who produces Remicade was like, so sorry...That was it. Not even helping me with medical care for rest of my life. Rotten, really is rotten. So back to, Who is responsible???"

Cindylee60 August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "I have been on Remicade since I was 7 years old when I developed crohns disease, I am 26 years old this year. For the past 19 years I have been receiving this medicine and it has kept me healthy. You do need to find a cycle be it 4, 6 or 8 weeks for your infusions. I do every 6 weeks and it keeps my symptoms minimal. The day of and the day after the infusion I feel like crap, tired, painful joints, but after that wears off I feel a lot better than before the infusion."

A Haff (taken for 10 years or more) July 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sjogren's Syndrome: "Remicade has stopped the flares of UC although I remain on Asacol. As far as helping with the inflammatory arthritis symptoms I would have to say I see little to no relief. Hard to judge though when one is on it. Don't know if it would be worse now if I were not on it."

Sjogrens; UC, Fibromyalgia, (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "My 13 y/o had his first infusion. So far so good. No side effects."

Davefilms (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I started remicade in 2010 and stopped remicade in 2016, almost seven years it worked absolute wonders for me. Amazing for my Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), my arthritis started when I was a baby and I am now 25 year old female. Within the first year I developed psoriasis, who cares right? I can walk, I can actually bend my knees, zero pain. I started doing UVB light therapy and my psoriasis has not been back. 2016 I developed what I first thought was heat rash. Turned out after months and months of pain, swelling, terrible rash all over my legs that I had developed hypersensitivity leukocytoclastic vasculitis. A listed rare, severe side effect which immediately had my doctor taking me off of remicade. Giving remicade a 5 because it worked for me but couldn't continue."

crystal92 June 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This was black labeled and are hiding side effects. My mother is sitting in a hospital with cancer and other problems leading back to this drug"

aj112990 May 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Initially, it worked great. When the doses were administered close together, I rarely had a flare, and when I did they were very mild. As the time between infusions was increased, I began to have more frequent and severe flares. My Rheumatologist and I are currently working to adjust the dosing schedule."

KMcCoop98 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with Systemic Sarcoidosis. After a year and 1/2 of trying different medications with no relief, I started Remicade. The first two Infusions got rid of the flu like symptoms and the horrible aching pain throughout my body. The third Infusion got rid of the same symptoms, except I do feel knee and back pain still due to damage done to those areas from arthritis. I felt the back and knee pain after the first two Infusions too. I didn't realize how sick I was until I felt better. The last time I didn't feel like I had the flu all the time, was 32 years ago! I thank God for Remicade! It's a miracle drug. I have absolutely zero side effects too! I give it a 20 on a scale of 1 to 10!"

Elibethlizeliza May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Like some RA people, diagnosed easily back in 1990. Genetically "gifted" it from maternal side. Having tried all the old first line drugs w/o success I started on second line of meds including Enbrel. It was great for 6 months. Then it stopped. Remicade was started & after one infusion I had a horrible reaction: Serum Sickness" . Paralyzed for 3 days, severe allodynia (pain all over). Would never take this drug. It was the mouse protein in Remicade that I reacted to. Wish you all well!"

GramaJ April 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: "I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at 22 years. For decades I was bounced from one specialist to another and my diagnosis would be rejected and Crohns would be the alternate favourite. Currently Crohns is the diagnosis. First prednisone (I was overdosed and had a nasty reaction, it was decreased as fast as possible), 5asa (3 years with moderate benefits), Flagyl (caused extreme gastro pain and discontinued immediately) Pentasa (it worked for about 2 decades), Humira (1 year) Remicaid has not been effective. I will have the third infusion in a week but I have been declining steadily. Soon I will be in the hospital again. Is there anything left to try?"

123Shan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed w/ severe RA in 2009 by my general practitioner who discovered it through a blood test, which is not always common. Well, after being on MTX 8pills/a wk. (for 8 yrs) and Arava daily I have also been on Enbrel, Humira, Actemra, Orencia & Zeljanz one worked most didn't. I finally just started Remicade infusion on 2/16/17. The first day I slept 20 hrs. a few days later no change then yesterday ~The Miracle Day~ not one single pain, no flare ups 100% pain free! OMG I was so happy I cried! Today not so good as yesterday but I'm very hopeful! Good Luck to the rest of you all!!!"

SusanM99 February 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Just had 3rd remicade infusion, can't believe all I'm able to do. Due to some joint damage in knees and hips, not totally free of pain. Best I've felt in years. Severely reduced prednisone after 3 years, plan to stop. Diagnosed in 2013, but have had symptoms off and on for 25 Years. Little to no improvement with humira, enbrel, orencia, Actemra,plaquenil,methotrexate made me sick, xeljanz,sulfasalazine. Vitamins, no sugar, wheat or milk helped me also. Joint pain and swelling nearly gone. Praying it lasts, thanking God."

Lanagirl February 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Diagnosed in 2003 with ulcerative colitis. Started Remicade in 2010. Helped my symptoms but developed Discoid Lupus in 2015. Doctor thinks it was brought on by the Remicade. Stopped Remicade and now taking Entyvio for colitis and plaquenil for the lupus."

Linda Jr. (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "I was on remicade for nearly 5 years. it was working great for me up until last October when I started developing sinus infections. I am in remission but yet I still can't work - my life isn't normal anymore time to switch it up"

izzypoops February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "After losing a substantial amount of weight and blood, in the hospital for a week two transfusioins. diagnosed as Pan Colitis / Ulcerative Colitis. 60 mg Prednizone and the bleeding stopped at day 5. I returned home and was pressured by my GI to accept Remicade. I was skeptical but sold myself on the fact of the huge numbers of folks it helps. After two succesfull infusions I was set up for my third of which I expereinced an allergic reaction in this order, itchy palms , itchy feet , itchy everywhere, needed bowel movement , almost fainting , fever, chills and tightening of throat. Once home extreme right leg pain, hand joint pain, loss of hair. (Serum sickness) now on Balsalazide , cautious diet and cannabis nightly & 6 months no issues"

53CEO (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with RA in 2004 and began steroids and methotrexate. Next started Enbrel for approximately 8 months but the citric acid in the Enbrel was unbarable. Then I began Remicade Infusions. I started out nine years ago every 6 weeks. I'm now on 700 mg every four weeks and weekly injections of Methotrexate but wouldn't change a thing. I still have stiffness here or there but the fatigue and pain I use to experience are gone and I live a full and happy life. It's been such a Blessing to me."

Nickie S January 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I was on Infliximab infusions for 4 years, and have only stopped them as of last week. I was diagnosed when I was 14 with severe ulcerative colitis which seemed to only respond to infliximab. For 4 years it was extremely effective in keeping my UC at bay, however the effects of the immunosuppressive were quite severe. This year I have gotten what feels like every infection under the sun. For 2 years I was begging my doctors to take me off the infliximab because I was constantly battling some pathogen and on ridiculous amounts of antibiotics. The constant infection was far worse to deal with than my UC. Thankfully I've been taken off it as in the past 4 months I've been hospitalised twice with menengitis as severe pharyngitis"

maddisonlee December 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Severe UC flare hospitalized, prednisone intravenous didn't do anything. Remicade infusions every 4 weeks to start, now every 8. It worked within one week and after about one year I was in complete remission with no sign of UC on my colonoscopy! The IV is okay, very expensive, but you can go to the Remicade website for help paying deductibles no matter what your financial situation is. I wish my dr told me that before I spent $10,000 in deductible and copay this year! I guess it was worth it all around."

ColK November 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "When I started Remicade I felt amazing very quickly and even decided that I was able to start living my life again. Unfortunately for me and my new boyfriend all the Remicade was really doing was masking my symptoms my Crohn's was very much still active as I found out on my 25th birthday when I was admitted to the hospital and then sent to a more qualified hospital as I live in a small town. I was in hospital for almost 2 months at this point trying various ways to try and get my Crohn's under control to no avail. I ended up having my second surgery at that point and less than a year later having my third surgery. Remicade just wasn't worth the $4000 per infusion in the end for me."

RachelV86 October 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "Worst drug!!Save yourself by not trying this poison. Had serious lung injury."

Kavkeet Kaur randhawa September 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "I was diagnosed in 2013 with ibs.. Then 2014 ibd....now Feb2016 with crohn's...tried a lot of meds nothing worked went to remicaid well it has been working but never lasts that long... By 5-6 wks I'm starting to flare... This time after load in doses they used me to 7.5 and that worked I got 6 wks out of it instead of 4 wks.... But this time it's bad started flare of belly 4 days ago... And now I can't barely move feels like I've been hit by a truck... All my joints hurt so bad ...this is awful.. Hoping to get an infusion. ... But I read all the same issues...."

Anonymous September 6, 2016