User Reviews for Infliximab

Sjogren's Syndrome

1 review 5 medications
Summary of Infliximab reviews 7.8 153 reviews

Reviews for Infliximab

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "I went on this medicine in 2003 because of disease in my ileum. I was diagnosed with Crohn's the year before, and nothing had worked - asacol, prednisone, imuran. Then Remicade was a LIFESAVER! I actually could live my life like a normal person again! I had a hard time scheduling my infusions because I was in college, so my advice would be to get it as close to your due date (7 weeks, 8 weeks, etc) as you can so you can get ahead of the flare. I've noticed that if I get my remicade late, I feel pretty terrible until my next dose. I've never gotten sick or had an allergic reaction from it, and I've been on it for 15 years. It's not working as well as it once did, so I'm hoping I can change to a shot so I don't have to sit through an infusion. If you're considering going on Remicade, I highly recommend it. It helped me live a semi-normal life. However, I did develop psoriasis about 10 years ago. I'd happily take psoriasis if it means I can be on Remicade. Best of luck!"

Kenbridge86 (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2018

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "Got this med two times, first time I used it I got just a little cough, but couple of days later I couldn't walk at all, and the pain was really bad. Went to hospital, nothing found. The pain eased, so tried another time and my airways closed up. After a couple of years after this my hips still hurts , can't get up from bed or chair every time by myself. This shouldn't be used."

Bun (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

Remicade (infliximab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Remicade works well for me. I'm a 30 year old female. I have been on Remicade for 3 years. I sometimes have nausea after the infusions for 1-3 days and hot flashes. My iritis and uveitis have both been put in remission since being placed on Remidade!"

Paula (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2018

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had RA for a few years and decided to try Remicade, during the infusion my chest started to get tight. I asked the nurse to check me and she checked my blood pressure , it went from 121/78 to over 250/120 in 15 minutes. She switched off the machine and I was taken to the ER for and EKG."

Anne April 25, 2018

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "Six years of Remicade infusions so as to replace prior intake of Prednisone. Must say quite effective, HOWEVER, about 3 1/2 years into it got Shingles of the eye and subsequent post-herpetic neuralgia (and there's still some itching almost five years later). Then August of 2017 got cellulitis in the right arm, a very painful infection requiring a seven day stay in the hospital on antibiotics followed by a week long IV administration at home. Once I was better, I have stopped the Remicade and so long as I am enjoying the remission I'll never return to it. My GI doc has suggested Entyvio but I most likely wouldn't even do that. Heck, if it ain't broke don't fix it!( I don't wish to tamper with my immune system and bring about more disasters!)."

Kwixotic (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 13, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I was started on this medication while in hospital for a very serious flare up of Ulcerative Colitis. After I began recovering I was started on infliximab. After dosing, waiting for improvement and then dosing again and waiting for improvement they were going to give me a third dose in less than a week. My condition hardly improved. I was still bleeding, in discomfort and using the toilet more than 15 time a day. Subsequently, I was started back on Prednisone and released within a week. I was also prescribed outpatient infusions of infliximab every few weeks. After six months of still taking Prednisone, I simply stopped going for my infliximab infusions. My condition continued to improve with simply the low dose of Prednisone. I never felt any side effects from the infusions... like not a single strange or tingling feeling. It also did very little to nothing, to improve my clinical condition."

Chris M Calgary (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2018

For Behcet's Disease: "Infliximab (Remicade) saved me and my eye sight, it also generally helps my condition (Behcet's) and makes me feel a lot better"

Ehabo (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 28, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Had 4 Doses and they had to stop it I collapsed my back gave in then after that I had bad flare up of psorasis. I do suffer with psorasis but not had a flare up for years. This flare up was bad I'd never had a flare up so bad"

Jamz65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2018

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Arthritis (RA) September of 2015 (29 years old). First I was on Plaquenil which never seemed to help and on top of it I developed a terrible hive rash which went away once I stopped taking it. Next I tried Humira. That worked great for about 6 months before my symptoms came back. Now I'm on Remicade and have been for almost a year now. It works great. I get my infusion every 8 weeks and have NO SYMPTOMS!! I love Remicade. It gave me my life back. I am slightly concerned though because I've developed another rash that won't seem to go away after 2 months of dealing with it, trying steroids etc etc. Cross your fingers it's not Remicade causing my rash. I'll cry!"

Ashers2004 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis started at 17. Was diagnosed at 31. Tested positive for the gene HLA-B27. Diagnosed with Crohn's at 33. Psoriatic arthritis at 50. Have been on remicade every 6 weeks for 9 years. It is no longer working for me. I am having flares of each disease. Any suggestions?"

jcs5313 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2017

For Behcet's Disease: "I thank God for this medicine! It also has saved my sight and many other things. I have been much better since I began taking remicaide in 2012."

Tice (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 1, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "I was on remicade for about 4 plus years maybe 5. This medicine does a number on your immune system. When I started taking the medicine there were no warnings like there is now. But basically felt great. I live in Midwest played hockey get with this stuff. The problem was I travelled West to Nevada and got Valley Fever. Well had surgery about 4 months after being in Nevada and Midwest doctors had to idea. Well come to say I had intestine removed to remove narrowing but was unable to take Valley Fever pills and pills to stop Crohn's from coming. But valley fever would kill me as Crohns would just be pain. So long story short don't go or live in fungical areas and take this unless you don't value your life and that will take you down."

Bob E M October 17, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "I was on Remicade for five years and the Crohn's Disease went into remission BUT it did a number on my immune system. I got staph infection and eventually a septic hip. Had to have hip surgery which consisted of a spacer for 6 months as well as medication through a pic line. In hospital for three and a 1/2 months and nearly another 3 months at home before I was in condition to have a hip replacement. I also have kidney disease which is partly due to medications I took while fighting Crohn's disease. Just waiting to die and get these diseases over with. Really consider the side effects of Remicade - septic hip was not mentioned."

Don't have one October 9, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I had my first infusion of Remicade last week. I have been unbelievably sleepy for the last 4 days. I have read that this is a side effect but I am kind of surprised by the level of sleepy that I am experiencing. I hope that this is just me catching up on my sleep as I have not been sleeping well due to pain for sometime. I do like the infusion so much better than the self-injected Humira. I hated that needle and found myself putting off my injection for a couple of days or "forgetting" that I was supposed to get it. Hoping for good results with Remicade."

Shuleran (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was on enbrel for nearly 9 years before it stopped working and humira didn't work at all for me. I started remicade nearly 4 years ago, my Dr started me out getting an infusion every 8 weeks and over the first year he brought it down to every 4 weeks. It's been working great but after the first 2 years my knees started bothering me but after some injection at my orthopedist they have been under control. Now both my elbows are really bothering me, at first it was when I woke up but now it's 24-7. I go in for my next infusion next week and will talk to my rheumatologist about the pain. I was curious to see if anyone else has had knee or elbow pain after being on remicade"

Welcho (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 17, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease: "Who is responsible for the Patient who got very ill after using Remicade for Crohn's ?? I know have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus with fungal infection, which I will have the rest of my life. I had to retire early from work, On Disability. My quality of life is not so good...I have tried but Jannsen Pharma Company who produces Remicade was like, so sorry...That was it. Not even helping me with medical care for rest of my life. Rotten, really is rotten. So back to, Who is responsible???"

Cindylee60 August 3, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "I have been on Remicade since I was 7 years old when I developed crohns disease, I am 26 years old this year. For the past 19 years I have been receiving this medicine and it has kept me healthy. You do need to find a cycle be it 4, 6 or 8 weeks for your infusions. I do every 6 weeks and it keeps my symptoms minimal. The day of and the day after the infusion I feel like crap, tired, painful joints, but after that wears off I feel a lot better than before the infusion."

A Haff (taken for 10 years or more) July 25, 2017

For Sjogren's Syndrome: "Remicade has stopped the flares of UC although I remain on Asacol. As far as helping with the inflammatory arthritis symptoms I would have to say I see little to no relief. Hard to judge though when one is on it. Don't know if it would be worse now if I were not on it."

Sjogrens; UC, Fibromyalgia, (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "My 13 y/o had his first infusion. So far so good. No side effects."

Davefilms (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I started remicade in 2010 and stopped remicade in 2016, almost seven years it worked absolute wonders for me. Amazing for my Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), my arthritis started when I was a baby and I am now 25 year old female. Within the first year I developed psoriasis, who cares right? I can walk, I can actually bend my knees, zero pain. I started doing UVB light therapy and my psoriasis has not been back. 2016 I developed what I first thought was heat rash. Turned out after months and months of pain, swelling, terrible rash all over my legs that I had developed hypersensitivity leukocytoclastic vasculitis. A listed rare, severe side effect which immediately had my doctor taking me off of remicade. Giving remicade a 5 because it worked for me but couldn't continue."

crystal92 June 12, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This was black labeled and are hiding side effects. My mother is sitting in a hospital with cancer and other problems leading back to this drug"

aj112990 May 30, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Initially, it worked great. When the doses were administered close together, I rarely had a flare, and when I did they were very mild. As the time between infusions was increased, I began to have more frequent and severe flares. My Rheumatologist and I are currently working to adjust the dosing schedule."

KMcCoop98 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with Systemic Sarcoidosis. After a year and 1/2 of trying different medications with no relief, I started Remicade. The first two Infusions got rid of the flu like symptoms and the horrible aching pain throughout my body. The third Infusion got rid of the same symptoms, except I do feel knee and back pain still due to damage done to those areas from arthritis. I felt the back and knee pain after the first two Infusions too. I didn't realize how sick I was until I felt better. The last time I didn't feel like I had the flu all the time, was 32 years ago! I thank God for Remicade! It's a miracle drug. I have absolutely zero side effects too! I give it a 20 on a scale of 1 to 10!"

Elibethlizeliza May 7, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Like some RA people, diagnosed easily back in 1990. Genetically "gifted" it from maternal side. Having tried all the old first line drugs w/o success I started on second line of meds including Enbrel. It was great for 6 months. Then it stopped. Remicade was started & after one infusion I had a horrible reaction: Serum Sickness" . Paralyzed for 3 days, severe allodynia (pain all over). Would never take this drug. It was the mouse protein in Remicade that I reacted to. Wish you all well!"

GramaJ April 9, 2017

Remicade (infliximab) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: "I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at 22 years. For decades I was bounced from one specialist to another and my diagnosis would be rejected and Crohns would be the alternate favourite. Currently Crohns is the diagnosis. First prednisone (I was overdosed and had a nasty reaction, it was decreased as fast as possible), 5asa (3 years with moderate benefits), Flagyl (caused extreme gastro pain and discontinued immediately) Pentasa (it worked for about 2 decades), Humira (1 year) Remicaid has not been effective. I will have the third infusion in a week but I have been declining steadily. Soon I will be in the hospital again. Is there anything left to try?"

123Shan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2017