User Reviews for Infliximab to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

Also known as: Remicade, Inflectra, Renflexis, Avsola, Ixifi

Infliximab has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis. 76% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 12% reported a negative effect.

Infliximab Rating Summary

8.2/10 average rating

Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Infliximab

PHINS 1972 · Taken for 10 years or more April 1, 2019

Remicade (infliximab): “I have been taking this med for over ten years now truly a life saver. I have had no side effects and have been able to do almost everything I used too. I only take Remicade, no methotrexate as I took myself off of that because of liver side effects. I also have for several years now extended my infusion out to every 10 weeks I am the only patient I know who does this. I have not seen any negative effects from doing this. Great drug”

Jim December 31, 2020

Inflectra (infliximab): “Watch out for Inflectra. I originally discussed with my Doctor about using Remicade for my P-Arthritis and Psoriasis because it is covered by medicare and Humira is not. However when I went in I was given Inflectra instead. The nurses tell you it's the same thing or a generic version. They use the Inflectra for prescribed Remicade patients because it costs less. The Inflectra worked on my first two infusions but by the third injection it was useless. My arthritis and psoriasis came back in full force. At the last infusion I had an allergic reaction to the Inflectra at the hospital and was told by the nurse that I almost ended up in the ER. Then when I told the nurse that the Infectra wasn't working anyway, she told me to demand Remicade and they would have to give it to me. A report about the allergic reaction and Inflectra not working went to my doctor and now I am supposed to start Remicade this weekend. I'll post a review on Remicade once I have had a few treatments.”

Anna RC October 13, 2015

Remicade (infliximab): “I went in yesterday morning at 9am to receive my first infusion of Remicade. Had my IV inserted in my arm, and had my vitals checked at the beginning and then every 15-30 minutes. By the time I was leaving the doctor, it was about 1:00pm. So it takes a while for the first time, but after that it won't take as long. The only kind of downside to it was that I got just a little sleepy, which I read was common. It's 1:15pm, the following day of my first infusion and I haven't felt a single ounce of pain in any of my joints. I understand it's only 24 hours later but I am usually in a lot of pain all morning and I didn't have any morning stiffness when I got out of bed this morning. Very pleased so far!”

Susan C. · Taken for 10 years or more May 6, 2015

Remicade (infliximab): “I have severe psoriatic arthritis and I've had it since I was 18. I've been on remicade for almost 10 years and I have almost no pain. My joints get a little stiff close to my infusion but that's it. It is my miracle drug and I owe my life to it. I would be crippled without it.”

Shellfish September 29, 2013

Remicade (infliximab): “I had my first infusion last week and within 3 days, I can honestly say I have no pain for the first time in weeks. I didn't have any reactions or side effects except for feeling exhausted, but that maybe related to not being able to sleep for weeks prior, due to pain. I am so happy with the effectiveness and results I have had. I would definitely recommend it!”

Gaga Bet September 17, 2014

Remicade (infliximab): “I have been taking Remicade infusions since September 2005 and I can't say anything negative about it. I go in for the infusion hurting and aching and come out feeling so much better. Worth the 12 sticks it sometimes takes to get me started infusing.”

Anonymous December 6, 2019

Remicade (infliximab): “Used for psoriatic arthritis, the 1st of 3 IV infusions that work great to begin with! From joints becoming near normal to a bounce in my step - then the canker sores are the 1st sign I'm flaring! I went thru 2 severe reactions before realizing it was the drug, which required immediate emergency attention as it affected my breathing, had hives and 2 weeks of misery. If only my body didn't fine ways to subvert all the Docs do to try & help it! It's frustrating!”

Lulu · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2018

Remicade (infliximab): “I feel very tired all the time, am house bound due to fatigue and pain. I also have Ankolysing Spondylitis. I’m due for my third 8 weeks treatment next week. It also makes my moods labile in the first week after treatment. I’m 62 years old, unable to work. I’m hoping for things to get better soon.”

Not my miracle yet May 16, 2016

Remicade (infliximab): “Remicade just isn't working for me or not yet. When I did my 1 and 2 infusions I could tell a difference. I had my 3 on and have to wait 8 weeks. After 3 weeks I had a flare up and I am in week 6 and I still feel awful. Maybe I need them more frequently or a higher dose. I am feeling so darn frustrated. I was hoping for a miracle drug to make me feel better and so far it's not. I read how it helps everyone but I want that for me too! Can't wait to see my dr so we can get ask up and the pain”

Shuleran · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2017

Remicade (infliximab): “I had my first infusion of Remicade last week. I have been unbelievably sleepy for the last 4 days. I have read that this is a side effect but I am kind of surprised by the level of sleepy that I am experiencing. I hope that this is just me catching up on my sleep as I have not been sleeping well due to pain for sometime. I do like the infusion so much better than the self-injected Humira. I hated that needle and found myself putting off my injection for a couple of days or "forgetting" that I was supposed to get it. Hoping for good results with Remicade.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 14, 2020

“Fantastic! Using for over 10 years and have had nothing but great results. I do get tired fairly soon after my IV is completed but feel fine the next day. I can tell when I'm due for my next IV without a calendar as my joints remind me! Skin has also cleared by 98% and I would say I was high-medium to severe level.”

BCD · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 24, 2020

Remicade (infliximab): “At 67 years old I have been using remicade for 20 months for Psoriasis arthritis. For the first year I felt good except for being tired but all my psoriasis cleared up completely. Then I needed some medical work which delayed my infusion another 6 weeks. My body started having major pains which migrated to different places every few days. I could barely walk, then my shoulders hurt so bad I couldn’t sleep in bed or get out of it. Then I couldn’t hold a spoon or raise my arms to get a cup from the cupboard. My wrist bones were throbbing that even pain meds didn’t help. Once I got my infusion it went away in two days and I was back to normal. Then just before my next infusion it started again. Once I got the infusion it went away. Some psoriasis has returned and my hair has started to fall out but very slowly. Very concerned my body is now hooked on it and I hope to try something different.”

Therese45 · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2021

Remicade (infliximab): “I had my first dose of Remicade after several failed attempts at oral and injectable medications over the past 10 years. This past year I have been experiencing the worse flare ups ever to the point where I had other steroid injection in my finger joints. However, after the first dose of Remicade I feel like the person I use to be. I wasn’t sure if it was the pre-medication of steroids or the Remicade at first but I strongly feel like it is the Remicade, thank goodness. Definitely worth it!! Now my husband no longer has to help me brush my hair or open my medications . ..”

Anonymous January 8, 2010

Remicade (infliximab): “I have been taking Remicade for several years and I love it! I have not had any side effects. I instantly feel better.”

Anonymous March 21, 2009

Remicade (infliximab): “From the next day since taking Remicade, the pain has been almost completely gone.”

Anonymous July 16, 2009

Remicade (infliximab): “I have used Remicade for the past 5 months, it cleared up the psoriasis and I got good pain relief for 4 weeks. The side effects are worth it for the relief I got.”

jvbs September 10, 2009

Remicade (infliximab): “I've had my second infusion. I'm already feeling a lot better. I have more stamina and I've already stopped using my cane unless I'm going to be walking more than 15 minutes.”

Vasilis October 24, 2009

Remicade (infliximab): “Remicade is a very good medicine for those people who suffer from PsA.”

Learn more about Psoriatic Arthritis