User Reviews for Infliximab to treat Crohn's Disease, Acute

Also known as: Remicade, Inflectra, Renflexis, Avsola, Ixifi

Infliximab has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Crohn's Disease, Acute. 50% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Infliximab Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 43 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease, Acute.

lauren · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2021

Remicade (infliximab): “I had 2 remicade Infusions about 5 years ago. My last infusion I ended up in the ICU Hospital for 3 days. I had such an allergic & bad reaction. I will never take this medicine again!”

SueQ · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2019

“Was given Remicade in hospital to deal with severe flare of Crohn's then switched to Inflectra once discharged. No side effects other than some hair thinning to report. The hair thinning could also be from being so sick in hospital, my hairdresser says she sees new growth coming in. Otherwise I feel great on this drug and hope it continues to work to control my IBD for a long time to come.”

123Shan · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2017

Remicade (infliximab): “I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at 22 years. For decades I was bounced from one specialist to another and my diagnosis would be rejected and Crohns would be the alternate favourite. Currently Crohns is the diagnosis. First prednisone (I was overdosed and had a nasty reaction, it was decreased as fast as possible), 5asa (3 years with moderate benefits), Flagyl (caused extreme gastro pain and discontinued immediately) Pentasa (it worked for about 2 decades), Humira (1 year) Remicaid has not been effective. I will have the third infusion in a week but I have been declining steadily. Soon I will be in the hospital again. Is there anything left to try?”

pwshortcake January 13, 2010

Remicade (infliximab): “My daughter has been taking Remicade since 2006. She has now built up antibodies to it and it doesn't work anymore. They now are going to try Humira. Hope this works. She has had to have an ileostomy done since the Remicade didn't work for very long in her and now the Crohn's has made it to her stomach. Just because it appears to be working in the beginning of treatment doesn't mean it will last in your body as long as it is suppose to. People please be warned and be cautious.”

rhiannon88 May 24, 2009

Remicade (infliximab): “The medicine was given I.V over a period of 2-4 hours. My problem was the nausea side effect. It was like chemotherapy nausea. They stopped the infusion, but the symptoms continued for a couple of hours. That said, they gave me Zofran 20 minutes before the next try and slowed the infusion to about 1/4 the rate and all went very well (well, minus the 6-8 hours it took to infuse it). The therapy sessions were carried over to outpatient (I was in once every 4 weeks for 4 months then a maintenance schedule for every 8 weeks). It worked GREAT, complete remission, which really hadn't happened for me in 12 years of Acute Crohn's Disease. ”

Anonymous January 11, 2012

Remicade (infliximab): “Remicade has been a miracle medicine for me treating acute Crohns disease, rheumatoid arthritis and colitis. The difference in me is night and day. I am so grateful to be on my way to being well again!”

KDCrohn's February 23, 2013

Remicade (infliximab): “I'm a 19 year old female with severe Crohn's disease. I began Remicade 4 months ago following a severe flareup that landed me in the hospital, and it has been a miracle. I did have one hospitalization 4 weeks ago, but I think I would have had many more without this. I will admit that the infusions are long and expensive, and the fact that it's an IV (I hate needles). With that being said, Remicade works! In late August, I had 30cm of disease and a fistula. As of late January, I was down to less than 9cm and my fistula is gone! Without Remicade, I would have had more hospital visits and would probably have needed surgery. I am adding Imuran to supplement the Remicade, so we'll see how that goes.”

Anonymous October 10, 2011

Remicade (infliximab): “Remicade was positive for me for over 8 years. Would close up my fistulas for up to 7 weeks before next infusion, but after 8 years all my joints and muscles were painful. Diagnosed with drug induced Lupus. Stopped Remicade looking for another way out.”

bjdixon1966 September 9, 2009

Remicade (infliximab): “It made me ill for 2-3 days after infusion, including headaches and nausea. I was also very sluggish, and more tired. That was hard to accept with the acute chronic fatigue syndrome I already deal with.”

Anonymous April 4, 2012

Remicade (infliximab): “I was put on this infusion because Sulfazine was unsuccessful in controlling the Crohns and rheumatoid arthritis. It was reasonably effective for 6 months but I never felt really well and was always achy, and then I had an anaphylactic reaction to it (I was particularly run down at that stage following a flare up). Spent 10 days in hospital and was then put on a weekly dose of Humira - I have not looked back! That was 15 months ago. With Humira I no longer even have rheumatoid arthritis!”

chrissy13 January 18, 2011

Remicade (infliximab): “I think this is a miracle medicine.”

Anonymous August 25, 2011

Remicade (infliximab): “Works well.”

Learn more about Crohn's Disease, Acute