User Reviews for Uceris

Ulcerative Colitis
5.3

Summary of Uceris reviews 5.9 16 reviews

Reviews for Uceris

For Ulcerative Colitis "No. I will never take this again. It has caused nausea, stomach pain, fatigue, broken sleep and whatever else wasn’t already bad enough with my flare."

Lauren315 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have been prescribed this for microscopic colitis. I have been hesitating, and this site has convinced me to try it. I am on Medicare and my supplemental insurance has quoted me $1500 for this medicine for two months. My co-pay is $365 and only pays for one month. This is insane. What should I do for the second month pay $1500? Our world is crazy. Fortunately my G.I. doctor has given me some samples so I will try it. Thank you all of you for your comments."

Kats September 26, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "I am now on this drug for the second time for Microscopic colitis . The last time was in 2014. The drug, in itself, works great for me BUT it is the drug company I have the issue with. They publicize that with their drug savings card plus your insurance, you only have to pay $25. THAT IS UNTRUE!! When you get to the fine print, you find that the company, in the goodness of their heart, will pay the first $800 ONCE per year for a drug costing $917.48 for 30 tablets. So, for the first script, it is a cost of $117.48 - hope don't need a second month cause then it would be $917.48. So please know this ahead of time!!!!"

clm3 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I’ve battled this illness off and on for 16 yrs and have pretty much tried it all. I’m usually in full remission when I’m just on remicade and lialda (unsure how effective this really is), but I recently was forced to postpone my scheduled bi monthly remicade and promptly fell ill. I was able to get the remicade at about week 11, but by then was in a full blown flare so it didn’t throw me back into full remission as I was still bleeding, had rectal pain, and frequent trips to the bathroom. I was prescribed this foam and within 2 days noticed a substantial improvement without all the side effects of oral steroids like prednisone (horrible drug). Highly recommend this is your pain and inflammation is in your rectum / sigmoid. You can ask for lidocaine lubricant too to apply on the applicator for peace of mind."

Chillin24g (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis "Uceris has been the best medicine I have tried for my collagenous colitis. Everything else did not work or had too many side effects. To me this is a miracle medicine. They say to take one 9mg per day, but believe it or not that actually made me constipated. For me nothing took away the D, even when I took seven Imodium a day. So I started taking Uceris on a as needed basis. It worked out to take one or two a week. So for me I rated a 10 with no side effects ."

Geoege92065 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have UC for 12 years, I was in remission for a few years and then all of a sudden I had a flare up, I have been one this medication for almost 2 months. When I first started on it, it helped for like a week or so. I had swelling in my face and joints and sore muscles and headaches. My doctor told me to stick with it so my body could adjust properly and it helped but didnt stop my issues. For the last week I have been going to the bathroom 10 times a day. Me and my doctor are now trying to figure out the next step."

12 years and counting.... (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "I am now on my second bottle of Uceris. It took about 2 weeks before it became effective for my microscopic colitis; in other words, when my diarrhea stopped completely. After becoming effective, I experienced 2 side effects; first, swelling of both ankles that lasted a few days, less than a week. After that, I had no ankle problem at all, except for a feeling of pins and needles on both feet, which I don't find problematic. Second, an increase in appetite, which I needed, as I had lost 11 lb. as a result of diarrhea. The appetite increase lasted about 10 days. Uceris has given me a chance at feeling well, and able to live my life."

Angostura (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis "Lessened my trips to the bathroom but increased stomach pain. Palpitations and increased acne also. Stopped after 2 weeks on it."

dee127 (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Had bleeding, diarrhea, frequent trips to the bathroom...Started to notice a difference within a day and a half of taking this. Not as many bathroom trips...actually starting to feel normal again."

NikaBoo (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "My physician prescribed budesonide originally for my Ulcerative Colitis, but I felt the out of pocket price for this RX was out of the ball park, so after contacting my physician again they gave me a RX for Uceris, and sent me information to assist in the cost, but after my insurance coverage and the $600, that the "coupon" that was sent to me, the total still came to over $200.00 for 30 days.. I have a copay of only $20.00, but since some entity seems to have the cost of this RX I have not been able to afford it and see what help it is--"

kkrc in ND May 16, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis "Only took 2 days' worth of budesonIde due to onset of excruciating headache, nausea, vomiting."

Jwillia March 3, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have faithfully taken 4 Lialda 1.2mg everyday for 8 years. I tried all medicines such Asacol, 6-mp, etc. and had to discontinue due to side effects. I also use the Rowasa enemas/suppositories temporarily and when stopped, the rectal bleeding starts again and worsen everyday. I have never been in remission with Lialda. I started the Uceris on 12/04/14 and I felt better than I had ever felt since the diagnosis in 2003. Two weeks into Uceris, legs and ankles swelling. Continued Uceris and praying swelling was temporary, Then had shortness of breath and fluid buildup in my chest. The swelling was unbearable. I stopped the Uceris; swelling subsided in 5 days. I do not want Remicade or Humira due to side effects. Why Lialda; no remission for 8 yrs."

Hopefully girl (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have fought UC for three years. Taken several meds. Most work for two or three months, then I experience a flair. Uceris has placed me in remission for 6 months! Expensive? Yes, outrageous. When you have fought the battle I've been thru, expense is not the issue. What price being normal?"

Ole John (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis "Been using Balsalazide 3x3 for 9 years or so with occasional flareups I could resolve with slight overdosing. Could not resolve present flare up. After a month of 4 bowel motions a day, blood, diarrhea, doc started me on Uceris. Next day change to 1 bowel motion, no blood, slight diarrhea. Now 1 wk later, pretty normal 1 bowel motion per day, with occasional nausea in abdomen. I think pretty good for a week. But the price is outrageous, and even my copay is $75 mo. Doc insists on giving it to me for 3 mos."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Outstanding results after the fourth day using Uceris. Has none of the typical prednisone major side effects. Works in the lower colon. I used it for 8 weeks. Held the Ulcerative Colitis in remission for an additional 5 months."

Ole john (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 23, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was excited when I 1st heard about Uceris' approval for ulcerative colitis. I started taking it and the 1st few days I felt pretty good with minimal bathroom trips/stomach upset, etc. After about 3 days things got worse and worse each day I took the medicine. It started as constant cramping and stomach pain, and slowly having very urgent bathroom needs. I had to stop taking Uceris because it made all my symptoms worse. So know that going in, that it can help you, but it also might make your situation worse. "

john88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2013