Uceris Foam Dosage
Generic name: BUDESONIDE 28mg
Dosage form: aerosol, foam
Medically reviewed on April 6, 2018.
The recommended dosage regimen is 1 metered dose administered rectally twice daily for 2 weeks followed by 1 metered dose administered rectally once daily for 4 weeks.
- UCERIS rectal foam is only to be applied rectally. It is not for oral use.
- Before using UCERIS rectal foam, use the bathroom to empty your bowels.
- Each applicator is coated with a lubricant. If additional lubrication is needed, petrolatum or petroleum jelly can also be used.
- Warm the canister in the hands while shaking it vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds prior to use.
- UCERIS rectal foam can be used in a standing, lying or sitting position (e.g., while using the toilet).
- Apply UCERIS rectal foam in the morning and the evening for the first 2 weeks of treatment; then once daily in the evening for the next 4 weeks. When applied in the evening, use immediately prior to bedtime. Try not to empty your bowels again until the next morning.
- Avoid concomitant use of CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g., ketoconazole, grapefruit juice) during treatment with UCERIS rectal foam.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Uceris (budesonide)
- Uceris Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 14 Reviews
- Drug class: glucocorticoids
- Uceris rectal
- Uceris (Budesonide Rectal Foam)
- Uceris (Advanced Reading)
- Uceris Rectal (Advanced Reading)