Uceris Foam Dosage
Generic name: BUDESONIDE 28mg
Dosage form: aerosol, foam
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended dosage regimen is 1 metered dose administered rectally twice daily for 2 weeks followed by 1 metered dose administered rectally once daily for 4 weeks.
- UCERIS rectal foam is only to be applied rectally. It is not for oral use.
- Before using UCERIS rectal foam, use the bathroom to empty your bowels.
- Each applicator is coated with a lubricant. If additional lubrication is needed, petrolatum or petroleum jelly can also be used.
- Warm the canister in the hands while shaking it vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds prior to use.
- UCERIS rectal foam can be used in a standing, lying or sitting position (e.g., while using the toilet).
- Apply UCERIS rectal foam in the morning and the evening for the first 2 weeks of treatment; then once daily in the evening for the next 4 weeks. When applied in the evening, use immediately prior to bedtime. Try not to empty your bowels again until the next morning.
- Avoid concomitant use of CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g., ketoconazole, grapefruit juice) during treatment with UCERIS rectal foam.
More about Uceris (budesonide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 14 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: glucocorticoids
- Uceris rectal
- Uceris (Budesonide Rectal Foam)
- Uceris (Advanced Reading)
- Uceris Rectal (Advanced Reading)