User Reviews for Uceris to treat Ulcerative Colitis, Active

Uceris Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis, Active.

Reviews for Uceris

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

"I didn’t notice a difference until the 5th week on Uceris. My symptoms finally went away and it looked like I was heading into a remission after a year of an active flare. I finished my 6th week of meds and then stopped the foam (since I was prescribed the foam twice/day for 4 weeks and once/day for 2 wks). After one week off the med, symptoms returned. The dr has me taking it every other day now. My symptoms are gone. We will see if this is another bandaid or if I’m able to get into a healthy remission."

Paunch · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2019

"This drug Uceris may have initially helped but as time went (2nd week or earlier) on it caused so much, cramping, gas, bloating, pain & throwing up each day with my urgent other reasons for trips to the bathroom (and I had to have a bucket on my lap while dealing with the aftermath on both ends being violently ill). To have so much added pain to my already active flare was horrifying. I believe the time release part of the drug is to blame, as I’ve taken busidione in the form of Entocourt prior with decent results. I know it works for some people & that’s great, but others can’t tolerate the time release which was toxic to me."

UCWarrior · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2019

"This is my last week using the Uceris foam. I have not noticed any significant differences over the past 6 weeks while using this. So unfortunate because I thought since the foam was going right to my ulcers it would really heal them, but instead I’m still going to the bathroom 6-10 times a day with fresh blood, painful gas and pressure. Doctor said my next choices are switching my diet drastically, prednisone or a biologic. Scared of biologics but think prednisone and a different enema will really help. Wish me luck!"

D · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2018

"I’ve been using this for almost 2 weeks, 2 times a day. Will continue for 4 more weeks, once a day. Diagnosed with UC 15 months ago; was in remission 8 months and then daily bleeding and pain for past 5 months. CANASA hasn’t worked; hydro cortisone suppositories have not worked and so far, the Uceris foam seems to have reduced the number of trips to the bathroom, but still active daily bleeding. Hoping that the next 4 weeks will show that this is effective. Terrified of taking biologics, which would be the next step... 61 year old female who was in perfect health prior to UC"

Chillin24g · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2018

"I’ve battled this illness off and on for 16 yrs and have pretty much tried it all. I’m usually in full remission when I’m just on remicade and lialda (unsure how effective this really is), but I recently was forced to postpone my scheduled bi monthly remicade and promptly fell ill. I was able to get the remicade at about week 11, but by then was in a full blown flare so it didn’t throw me back into full remission as I was still bleeding, had rectal pain, and frequent trips to the bathroom. I was prescribed this foam and within 2 days noticed a substantial improvement without all the side effects of oral steroids like prednisone (horrible drug). Highly recommend this is your pain and inflammation is in your rectum / sigmoid. You can ask for lidocaine lubricant too to apply on the applicator for peace of mind."

NikaBoo · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2016

"Had bleeding, diarrhea, frequent trips to the bathroom...Started to notice a difference within a day and a half of taking this. Not as many bathroom trips...actually starting to feel normal again."

Hopefully girl · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2014

"I have faithfully taken 4 Lialda 1.2mg everyday for 8 years. I tried all medicines such Asacol, 6-mp, etc. and had to discontinue due to side effects. I also use the Rowasa enemas/suppositories temporarily and when stopped, the rectal bleeding starts again and worsen everyday. I have never been in remission with Lialda. I started the Uceris on 12/04/14 and I felt better than I had ever felt since the diagnosis in 2003. Two weeks into Uceris, legs and ankles swelling. Continued Uceris and praying swelling was temporary, Then had shortness of breath and fluid buildup in my chest. The swelling was unbearable. I stopped the Uceris; swelling subsided in 5 days. I do not want Remicade or Humira due to side effects. Why Lialda; no remission for 8 yrs."

Ole john · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 23, 2013

"Outstanding results after the fourth day using Uceris. Has none of the typical prednisone major side effects. Works in the lower colon. I used it for 8 weeks. Held the Ulcerative Colitis in remission for an additional 5 months."

john88 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2013

"I was excited when I 1st heard about Uceris' approval for ulcerative colitis. I started taking it and the 1st few days I felt pretty good with minimal bathroom trips/stomach upset, etc. After about 3 days things got worse and worse each day I took the medicine. It started as constant cramping and stomach pain, and slowly having very urgent bathroom needs. I had to stop taking Uceris because it made all my symptoms worse. So know that going in, that it can help you, but it also might make your situation worse. "