User Reviews for Prednisolone (Page 2)

Also known as: Millipred Orapred ODT PediaPred Millipred DP

Inflammatory Conditions 5.4
Summary of Prednisolone reviews 6.4 37 reviews

Reviews for Prednisolone

Anonymous January 29, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Broncholitis: I gave to my 8 month old prescribed by his Pediatrician for wheezing cough. It did help but he WILL NOT sleep when he takes it. So I only gave to him in the morning and for only a few days. I'd say it's worth it.”

Anonymous July 25, 2011

For Dermatitis: “I have severe and I mean severe heat rash. This medicine clears it up every time within days. Would be suicidal by now otherwise. Noticed water retention/weight gain though but worth it for the few days a year I need to take it.”

Domestic Goddess March 21, 2011

For Asthma, acute: “This medication is my magic bullet, my asthma has been under control for nearly five years after being introduced to prednisolone. It is fantastic. I only take it between 7-9 am as my Doctor informed me that it would affect the natural Cortisol production and possibly lead to problems sleeping. Love it.”

Anonymous September 29, 2010

For Dermatitis: “Taken by my 4 year old son who has been waking up during the night every hour itching. He has been taking this for only 2 nights and he has stayed in his own bed for the first time ever.”

Anonymous May 17, 2010

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Took Millipred for 2 months for an inflammed liver. The pills have a nasty after taste unlike the liquid form. Caused me to wake up several times per night. Not sure if that contributed to my irritability. It also caused dizziness. You should be careful if taking it with sleep aids.”

Anonymous March 6, 2010

For Asthma, acute: “Caused restlessness in my son and had trouble sleeping at night. Be very careful using it.”

KKRao February 13, 2010

For Dermatitis: “Observing water retention under eyes (Puffy Eyes) after taking 5 mg/day continuously for 3 months.”

William Tan September 29, 2009

For Dermatitis: “To me prednisolone is a wonderful drug. It helps me to solve several of my illnesses. First, it strangely resolves my finger dermatitis problem on my hands. Before my skin got cracked and bloody, I would feel my fingers have rashes that were swollen, painful and itchy at the same time. I took prednisolone tablets regularly for about six months, starting with 3 X 5mg daily down to 3mg daily. Then after that just take 3 to 4 mg as and when needed now. It has stopped 99% of the problem.”

Anonymous July 23, 2009

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Prescribed to help with rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Takes some of the joint swelling down, but only after sleeping (i.e. not doing ANYTHING with my body). Doesn't help with pain management unless taken with an opiate analgesic. So far, only side effects experienced are moderate headache (especially if I don't eat), insomnia (only 4-5 hours sleep instead of 7-8) and excruciating shoulder pain about 5 hours after dose. Ironic, considering I'm trying to stop the joint pain. Still, much better.”

Anonymous September 12, 2008

For Dermatitis: “It worked well, did a course of them over a period of two weeks prescribed by doctor. Swellings went down and red "bite" like rashes disappeared. ”

hapster July 6, 2008

For Asthma, acute: “Due to my asthma, I have also lost my sense of smell and taste, Prednisolone treatment for 5 days(30mg/day) helps restore my smell & taste for upto 3 weeks.During this time I normally do not need to take my inhaler for the asthma”

Anonymous June 13, 2008

Orapred (prednisolone) for Dermatitis: “My 4 year old was prescribed this for a rash covering his entire body. It was determined to be contact dermatitis (or an allergic reaction to something he had either eaten or touched). The medicine cleared up the rash in just a few days. ”

Mom of Evan March 17, 2008

Orapred (prednisolone): “My toddler son uses this to help with his asthama symptoms. This helps, but is not a right away medicine to use. If it a emergency he has to use a inhaler for the quick fix. This medicine takes about 20-min to hour to work.”