User Reviews for Prednisolone to treat Asthma, acute

Also known as: Millipred PediaPred Orapred ODT Millipred DP

Prednisolone has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Asthma, acute. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Prednisolone Rating Summary

7.2/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

hapster July 6, 2008

“Due to my asthma, I have also lost my sense of smell and taste, Prednisolone treatment for 5 days(30mg/day) helps restore my smell & taste for upto 3 weeks.During this time I normally do not need to take my inhaler for the asthma”

Domestic Goddess March 21, 2011

“This medication is my magic bullet, my asthma has been under control for nearly five years after being introduced to prednisolone. It is fantastic. I only take it between 7-9 am as my Doctor informed me that it would affect the natural Cortisol production and possibly lead to problems sleeping. Love it.”

Robertoz222222 · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2017

“I suffered severe side effects & seemingly withdrawal symptoms after only 9 days of use for pneumonia. Main symptoms experienced: Hypertension Headache Nausea Abdominal discomfort Rapid pounding heartbeat/pulse Lethargy Mental confusion - trouble thinking, foggy brain Bad taste in mouth General feeling of unwell - felt like I was being poisoned. Day 1: 2x 25mg Day 2-5: 1x25mg Day 6-9: 1/2 25mg”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2020

“I take prednisolone for acute asthma. Usually a few times a year 40 mg for 5 days. It works the best for me and it works quickly. I got hot flashes the first night and some irritability for a day or two after my last dose. So worth it for me. I wish I could take it long term.”

Anonymous March 6, 2010

“Caused restlessness in my son and had trouble sleeping at night. Be very careful using it.”